It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why people do not respect law enforcement

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
quite simply the cop in question is a psycopath. he should be in a mental facility somewhere, for the public's protection.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

I agree. I think we need to have mandatory psychological examinations every 6 to 12 months. These folks can get into some real stressful situations...seeing death and hate and carnage...that is not good for anyone's mental health...Not trying to bust on or hate on anyone...but facts are facts...if you see too much blood and gore...IT IS going to have an effect on you mentally. Maybe there should be no such thing as career cops...maybe you do 8 to 12 years and you go on to something else...no one ever said public service should be a lifetime career.

Edit to add....

Maybe everyone should have to be a cop for 4 years or something...part of citizenship...you do your time, you learn how the system works and you go on...maybe that might make things better...just guessing. I think if everyone hd to deal with thugs, belligerent drunks, traffic fatalities, homicide....etc....the world might be a little different. Sometimes we are too cozy because we are not exposed to the ugly that permeates our world.
edit on 17-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Just imaging how many times this cop threatened and violated the rights of people who were not able to record or obtain a recording of the event.
He has serious mental issues in my opinion and has no business being in this line of work.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

i agree with what you say that there are good police officers,
the problem is that this man was not arrested which speaks
to a true problem in the system, the refusal to treat those bad
officers as the criminals they are. in this case the other officer
chose to ignore the law and allow a person to violently threaten
another person right in front of him.

the question must be asked as well, should he be free from prosecution?
he did not lift a hand to stop it even tho in the video he seems slightly shaken
by it and so one could say he knew it was wrong. speculation
of course but even so he should have arrested him, plain and
simple, by brushing this off so easily this has become ok
and it simply is not ok. a criminal can wear a badge
just as a police officer in times of need can pretend
to be a criminal..... both once unmasked for who they are
should be treated as such.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
All I can say is " pathetic"!
What a law enforcement you Yanks have
Damn pathetic is all I can think of........such a sad state of affairs when your police officers think like that, so sad but truly pathetic
I'm not religious but....god help you, god help you all

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

Not even God can help us with our police forces. Theyre out of control.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I agree there are some nice cops, why in fact I have met 2 in my 30 years on this planet! Hey at least 2 is better then none, lol.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Just imaging how many times this cop threatened and violated the rights of people who were not able to record or obtain a recording of the event.
He has serious mental issues in my opinion and has no business being in this line of work.

Going by this clip, you could safely say that there is a big chance this "officer" has taken someone out previously with no guilt , remorse or regret.....the man sounds very confident in what he is saying which is so so scary, also , how many other officers actually think and behave the same way but have not been recorded.

edit on 17-9-2012 by zerozero00 because: Wrong smilie

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zerozero00

I had a cop threaten to shoot me before when he asked for my id, I handed him my wallet (I was very upset at the time even before he arrived) he took 3 steps back and told me he was going to use his gun if I didn't comply, he wanted me to hand him the id card and not my entire wallet LOL.

What the hell did he think, I carry a bomb in my wallet with me everywhere I go? rofl.

Also, I used to be in the military and cops will treat you different then civilians if they know you belong to "the club". Its rediculous, as if normal people are just animals with less rights.
edit on 17-9-2012 by shamanix2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 369821
reply to post by bloodreviara

Cops dont arrest other cops. And the law doesnt apply to them. They are above it and we lowly citizens are beneath them. We are scum and they will treat us and our property any way they want.

They protect each other, no matter what. They want us to believe it's only a radical few that give all the rest a bad name. If you want to change your image, you don't protect ones like that cop. Police your own ranks, get rid of the ones who like to crack skulls. If you want respect, earn it. Too many innocents have been beaten, falsely accused or outright killed to support some cops story of being in danger, so he could use force. Far too often, lethal force.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yes, the officer was wrong. No, I don't like very many police officers (and I run a business).

But the dynamics of the humanity in this thread amuses me. Someone put the man in the gallows for the forum to all come by and take turns throwing rotten tomatoes at him. LOL....i see it in every forum out there. Something relating to bad behavior gets posted, and then everyone takes their turns interjecting their own silly hyperbole of condemnation.

Carry on.

edit on 17-9-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Police officers should get the death penalty for abusing their privileges.

I'd gladly administer the injection to scumbags like these.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Nah, his future is with the TSA, they really love to hire people with this type of personality.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
well they don't call them pigs for nothing
I swear passing a psych test all they are asked is to write their names in crayon , and base their evaluation on the color that was picked

Pigs are highly intelligent, loyal and social animals with amazing survival instincts. I don't know why we ompare awesome pigs to zealous, mean and murderous thugs given licenses to "shoot you in the face".

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Someone put the man in the gallows for the forum to all come by and take turns throwing rotten tomatoes at him.

Just as he deserves.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'm gonna stick to my theory that the police departments of this country are instructed to screen for potentially homicidal, mean, alpha-bro, callous douchbag persona's. Why the sever uptick in police brutality in the last couple years, alot of them involving cops shooting and/or killing unarmed individuals? Nah man, nah. This is only a small facet of the NWO plan, turning this and other nations into police states. This violent ass dude is a loyal foot soldier. The douchier or complacent the individual, the better for the PD. They are phasing out cops with reason, rationality and a sense of service and community for these types. And like someone said before, give it a lil' more time, and every and any encounter with a cop will be something like this.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shamanix2012

Im more inclined to him serving a few years in a good old fashioned state prison. In general population.Verbal threats dont constitute a death sentence. Stripped of his badge, disgraced and being a convicted felon will be plenty. Then he can fear getting pulled over by his "buddies" who will treat him like the trash he is.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
People don't respect law enforcement because they DEMAND Authority instead of first trying to earn the respect of their "authority"...

Most police have absolutely zero tolerance and very short fuses and due to the nature of their "authority" and "power" they view citizens as "below" them so taking extra the time/effort to earn respect just doesn't happen.

I am the son of a career police officer and gulf war vet...I know how cops think and work. They demand respect and earning it is out of the question.

Earning it would imply were on even ground and that puts their perceived "authority" in jeopardy...In their minds, "authority" means to be able to tell people jump and then they ask "how high?" this is how they test their authority.

The other issue is most cops forget to realize their "authority" is only protected in "legal" situations and soon they are being authoritative completely outside of "legal" situations which in turn CAUSES legal situations when people refuse to acknowledge their "authority"...and this is when you see exercising your rights turning into a "crime"...

The methodology of The Justice System and Law Enforcement is so at conflict of interest with civil rights, freedom, liberty, independence and pretty much every slogan the US has adopted for self validation since its birth that is outright disgusting and insulting to our intelligence...

People don't respect law enforcement because the demanded authority that it implies is needed for such a concept to work in the first place....the people that gravitate to work as a demanded authority of the state definable don't make any more sense out of it...

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
well they don't call them pigs for nothing
I swear passing a psych test all they are asked is to write their names in crayon , and base their evaluation on the color that was picked

You are wrong. Period.
Most larger jurisdictions not only give psych tests byt polygraphs and run history checks.
Most cops are decent and just want to go home at the end of their shift.
There are bad people everywhere. Even on ATS. (Take the hint.)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shamanix2012
This video is just another example of why

When the announcer was describing the video to follow -- he said the magic words --- "DashCam Video". Would you have believed this cop's behavior if you had not seen the vid? 'Nuff said.

Got dashCam?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join