It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I do believe we will reach another world as they speak of but could this just mean a different way it operates? Like the end of the fiat money system? Will it revert back to how it used to be with that days of barter and trade? We know the money system as we speak is failing and the propping up that has been going on can only keep devaluing the dollar for so long till everyone realises it's just paper with no value.

The other idea is the Chinese believe it will be the fire age, will this mean mass volcanic eruptions or will it be something worse and what we all fear and that being another WW to try and prop up the world economies?
edit on 16-9-2012 by vkturbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Look guys, although some of you look at the date of 2012 as nothing but hype based on a miscalculated calendar, don't you at least believe that "something" strange is happening in our galaxy and to our planet? Things are not the way they were 20 years ago with regards to freak weather. Add to that, the fact of our planet realigning with the center of the galaxy. I dont think its a stretch to say that some large unseen planet can interfere with our planet and produce negative consequences. Perhaps that time is soon?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
If nothing does happen in 2012.... Then that means there are a hell of a lot of people throughout history that are wrong. Is it even possible that so many people could be wrong? If they are wrong, what does that mean? If humanity continues on its current path, then we are all doomed anyway. The earth cannot sustain this system. We are a virus, consuming every last natural resource, sucking life out of this planet at a faster and faster rate every single day. Where will we be in 50 years from now? What will be life? Is there a future for our children? Their children? Should I be worried about retirement? I'm only 28.... I cannot see life on this planet being the same as it is today in 50 years from now. So if there is no major change in 2012, then when? We need a change in order to evolve. If there is no change, then it is the end of the world, it will just be a slow, painful end, rather than a quick one. But maybe 2012 isn't about an end at all, maybe there will be a spiritual awakening that affects everyone. Maybe we will all wake up and realize that we are all one, and that we are destroying the planet. Imagine if the greedy suddenly realized their habits? Imagine how much this world could change if people saw themselves for what they are. There doesnt need to be crime, greed, poverty, hunger, or any other kind of immoral situation on this planet. All of it is caused by us, we create the problems. We can create the solutions. 2012 needs to be a spiritual awakening. There are so many ways of life.... why do we all choose to live in the same way? Walk away from the system. Play no part in it. Realize the earth will support you. Can you imagine the stress birds or deer, or wolves would go through if they had to worry about something as trivial as money? It's time for a paradigm shift. The old ways need to be made obsolete.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by TheProphetMark

So all of you believing this new age clap trap now, what happens when 2012 goes by and nothing happens. Are you all going to admit your full of it? Will you at least, at the very least, say your sorry for being a gullible fool and give up posting hogwash on this site?

If I am wrong and it all goes south, and you guys are proven right, I will get on here and post i was wrong. That I was an idiot for not noticing all the signs and i am not well and truly screwed. I will, i promise you.

Now, if you do believe all this clap trap AND nothing does happenAND you DON'T apologize for fear mongering and believing complete hooey - what will that say about you?

Will you have to face facts and come to terms with being wrong about your world view? Will it shake you to the core? Will truth finally shine through that veil of unreality you have put up in your mind to hide the real world?

V

You sir/madam will have no way to post on here...
it will be too late for u im afraid.... go ahead and continue to bury ur head deeeeeper in the sand son

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Dec 21st 2012 isn't a date that refers to "something happening." I don't know why nobody gets that! It's just a date that marks the end of an age, or cycle. Something by chance, may or may not happen however, Just like any other day of the year, but it probably won't specifically be because it's Dec. 21st 2012. I say probably because I don't know what the future will bring. My point is that this date was not supposed to reference something "happening". Like you walk outside and notice something drastic because it's the 21st of December... To go around and talk about so and so being wrong saying that something will happen, and they are WRONG because it nothing even DID happen, does not discredit this date's importance. It's still a notable day and will be fun to celebrate and take into consideration as a notable mark in time.

With the tension in our world today in countries like the middle east right now, the US debt crisis, world bankers destroying the economy etc (THE LIST CAN GO ON FOR A WHILE) something will eventually happen and that's clearly not a psychic or conspiracy related prediction. It's based on stats and the direction anyone who has their eyes open can see for themselves. Will people claim it's because of 2012 if it happens in 2012? I'm sure many will. Will that be the case? ............. I can't say will 100% certainty the answer is NO. But It's not really ideal or realistic, or logical, in my opinion, to assume the date of dec 21st 2012, specifically, will be the main cause of wars, future collapse, ETC. It would be more realistic to remain skeptical about the date and it's possible effects on this world, or the next, aside from it being just a DATE. - IMO

edit on 17-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
s+f for a good read. Particularly love the old, "see you on Dec 22!" comments! (face-palm)

Really do you honestly think that if we are transitioning into a new age, all these changes will happen instantly?? All on the one day?
Usually the people who say this are the ones who haven't investigated any further than the apocalypse, end of days scenario. Those people haven't truly contemplated the possibilities.

Usually what happens when a calender runs out you start back at the beginning?

Nice thread, don't be discouraged by the people with a dead imagination. Nothing is ever as it seems. Truth is sometimes much stranger than fiction. s+f

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
The OP is full of dis-nfo and ATS is buying into it? Sad.

Hopi people never said anything about 2012

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Usually the people who say this are the ones who haven't investigated any further than the apocalypse, end of days scenario. Those people haven't truly contemplated the possibilities.

Ohh the irony sir/mam.. maybe if you actually done your own investigating that little bit further
you would discover that there is no hopi claim.Have you ever contemplated the possabilities that
You just have to read up the for and against because the charlatans have been lying to you
samuel-son? sir/mam. Just maybe these 'people-us-them' have investigated both sides and found
no claim of the hopi./the hindu claim being not true-no where near 2012.

P.S

People you can't just read a charlatan website-take their word for it as fact, as you
are going to keep making yourselves look silly by claiming people haven't any knowledge of this
scenario is just silly and wrong to judge as it seems they done more searching than you guys.

"When in reality what is happening is they have looked into it both sides and you guys have not".
Just accepting a charlatans word only, is as much use as a 'chocolate frying pan" people.

Research both sides it's the logical thing to do....be good

edit on 17-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

To discount the messages of previous civilizations is the epitome of ignorance.

To dismiss them without considering them is the epitome of ignorance, but to discount them AFTER they've been shown to be wrong is to deny ignorance. The ancients had some good ideas, otherwise civilization wouldn't still be standing, but they also had their fair share of bad ones.

What I see from certain areas of the conspiracy theory community is a fallacy which equates the antiquity of an idea with the quality or accuracy of the idea. Just because an idea is ancient doesn't mean a kernel of ultimate wisdom lies within it. Sure we've got folks like Socrates and Aristotle and Plato to contend with, but we also had people who thought that human sacrifice would bring in a bountiful harvest and that the rumblings of thunder in the heavens was the voice of enraged gods. From the ancients we get the foundations of science, reason and medicine but for every good idea there's a dozen bad ones.

And then we have 2012, a pseudoscientific conjob of epic proportions, selling out books, packing lecture halls and helping the folks at the History channel boost ratings while further burying their already dwindling credibility. There are a great many prophecies made in ancient times, almost every civilization, especially those who were devoutly tied to a mythology, has some form of "end of the world" story. Are we going to lend these ideas credence merely because they are ancient? When evaluated in the face of reality the vast majority of 2012 claims fall flat almost out of the gate. Of course everyone has their own "take" or "theory" on the matter, just further evidence for the vague, hollow and unreliable nature of prophecy.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

And then we have 2012, a pseudoscientific conjob of epic proportions, selling out books, packing lecture halls and helping the folks at the History channel boost ratings while further burying their already dwindling credibility. There are a great many prophecies made in ancient times, almost every civilization, especially those who were devoutly tied to a mythology, has some form of "end of the world" story. Are we going to lend these ideas credence merely because they are ancient? When evaluated in the face of reality the vast majority of 2012 claims fall flat almost out of the gate. Of course everyone has their own "take" or "theory" on the matter, just further evidence for the vague, hollow and unreliable nature of prophecy.

Bravo sir/mam id say people are stuck in stages in thinking things facts before doing research
all it takes is a google search and voila.

stage 1 : when your a child our brains full of fantasy thinking.
stage 2 : when we hit puberty your thinking goes into researching which takes one
to the charlatan web sites and the charlatans are waiting to pounce having groomed
the younger generation.
stage 3 : one builds up an instant trust for people like icke and co never researching the
other side for many years .
stage 4 : Having from puberty spent years looking at the claims of charlatans one begins
to react to anyone who dissagrees calling out remarks like sheep/assleep etc.
Stage 5 : This is rare but there will be a time when one has an eureka moment and starts
to question his charlatans words and one day decides to research the other side and finds
that his/her charlatan has been lying to them,then suddenly most become angry/cheated
Abused mentaly by the con-artists having wasted so much time mocking others who didn't
believe there con-artists/witch-doctors/charlatans,That they become ashamed of oneself.

I was one of them, till i looked at the other side of things saw how easily it was to debunk
their claims.I would go round believing there was wind on the moon blowing a flag and would
react like you guys for ages calling everyone sheep/assleep/spouting how your not thinking
out the box like a moron.How embarrassing it was looking back on it i felt ashamed.

(All i ask is break the chain and research both sides) as all you are doing is claiming people
havent researched anything at all ..

P.s to all you guys who say we are dumb/assleep/shills/stuck in some box you are very
much mistaken... It stops now guys/girls allthough entertaining reading your posts
it's also rude to keep calling us sheep/shill/assleep/in a box/dumb. peace.

Listen to some of what this guy has said in his post as he isn't far from the truth of things.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Kali Yuga is a 432,000 year cycle, any honest Brahman will tell you there is no definitive date of when it began/will end.

Can't speak on Mayan/Hopi predictions because I'm not educated on those subjects, but nowhere in Vedic history/scriptures does the date 2012 come up. It's a lie.

In order to ascertain truth one must have their facts straight.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Once again we have a 2012 thread where the OP is based entirely on false information. The Maya made a single mention to 13.0.0.0.0. This reference has nothing to do with End of the World or ascension. It refers to a religious ceremony. There are plenty of references to dates that fall after 2012.

The Hopi have no prophecies related to 2012. In fact a few years back the Hopi elders put out a press release disavowing any such claims made by non-Hopi.

As for the Aztecs, in all my research I have never come across any prophecy connected with 2012. In fact it would be impossible for the Aztecs to refer to 2012. They didn't use the Long Count. They only used the Calendar Round. This cycle repeats every 52 years making it impossible to refer to dates outside the current cycle. The next time the Calendar Round repeats will be n 2027.

Kali Yuga is a period that lasts 432,000 years. According to most researchers it began in 3102 BCE when Krishna left Earth. Therefore it would be impossible for Kali Yuga to begin in 2012. It should be noted that there is a fringe group in India that says Kali Yuga begins in 2012. However, this group a modern interpretation of Hindu based around the New Age movement. In fact in order for Kali Yuga to begin in 2012 they needed to create a Yuga that isn't referenced anywhere and they also had to drastically change how long each Yuga lasts.

All of this information is readily available on the internet. In fact I know I've personally discussed all these things on this site. People really need to start researching this topic instead of believing only the things they want to hear.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Are you a historian? A scholar on the subject?

Why should anyone listen to your views?

Do you know all there is to know about the maya?

Perhaps you consider yourself and expert in their regard and do not consider others may know more?

Do you believe they are connected to the Atlanteans? If not, why do other scholars?

Do you not think they were very connected with time?

edit on 17-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Just to let you know that the video has been removed.

QV.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Nice one denver.

I respect many of your replies, a voice of sensibility, and a fellow Brit

QV.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I have never claimed to be an expert. However, I have no problem deferring to the experts. I have sourced all the claims I made in this thread at one time or another on here. n fact I think you can find all my sources for these claims in the links in my sig.

See, the difference between me and most 2012 "researchers" on this site is that I read material on both sides of the argument. I'm familiar with claims of Arguelles, Calleman, Jenkins, etc. At the same time though I am also familiar with the research of people like David Stuart. This is not something most people on here can claim despite the fact that t was Stuart who translated the "prophecy" most of this 2012 research is based around.

What I have found from all this research is that the mainstream Mayan experts can actually back up their claims. For example they claim that the Long Count does not end/repeat on December 21, 2012. To prove this claim they can point to a number of different manu.carvings/stela/etc. that have Long Count dates that extend beyond 13.0.0.0.0. One such example would be Quirigua Stela D which refers to a date 400 million years n the future.

On the other hand the 2012 charlatans base their claims on their beliefs and faulty logic. Let's take your claim regarding Atlantis. They will point to the last page of the Dresden Codex as proof that the Maya are descendants of people from Atlantis. What this page depicts is a dragon with water coming from its mouth. Now there is no reference to an event or date on this page. Yet just because this page could depict a flood and Atlantis supposedly sunk under the water. There's no logic to this but then it serves as the launching off point for numerous other unsupported claims. Then other people take their claims and use them to support their own nonsensical claims.

There is no reality to these 2012 claims. There are only the fairy tales spread by charlatans who are cashing in on people's desire for change.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

The most likely outcome (I'd say 99.9999% likely) is that 21st December will be just a normal day. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change.

But there will be a spate of books about the end of the world in 2029 or 2036 appearing in our bookshops early in 2013.

How could you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of something happening? It won't be just another day, and deep down inside in your bones you know it. Too many odd and weird things has been happening this year that I can't ignore the possibility.
edit on 16-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

In saying that how can you be so quick to dismiss the possibility of nothing happening? :-)

While I remain open minded and find what the ancients have said on this subject Fascinating, I still believe December 21st 2012 will be a normal day that will come and go. I still haven't seen any concrete proof that there will be an event on this day, and there is so much theory borrowing going, no-one can decide whether we are all going to acsend, acheive some sort of enlightenment, the world will be destroyed by a yet to be discovered and un-proven sencond sun/Brown Dwarf or planet on a 3000 year orbit, we will be eaten be space spiders, the poles will shift, dogs and cats living together. The whole 2012 thing has become so conveluted that we can't even agree on how we are going to be destroyed or what is actually going to happen, and the Mayans themselves didn't say the world would end.

I would love for humanity to reach enlightenment and 'grow up' unfortunately I don't think we are ready

Good thread though, always found the Hopi prophecy very interesting

peace :-)
edit on 17-9-2012 by Shminkee Pinkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
This idea that ancient humans had some sort of knowledge we don't is baseless. Ancient myths mean nothing...unless you really want to believe in cyclops and minotaurs

edit on 17-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Interesting topic I think. But, really, "new age claptrap"? Is that you, grandpa? The Mayans themselves have never predicted the world ending by catastrophe or any other disaster scenario, but rather a shift in consciousness. So to basically make bets about who is right on December 22nd is juvenile. It's us westerners who have attached the disaster scenario to that exact date. So let's think about that "shift"; The Arab Spring, OWS, the current rioting in the north African region, the polarization of Americans on everything from politics, to global warming, to Apple vs Android. And the anger of people so afraid of being duped by claptrap. Throw in the rise in nature's upheavals of earthquakes, droughts, storms and melting ice sheets, and when you step back and look at that big picture, doesn't it seem that there already is a change/shift underway? Just the fact that this is a popular forum is an indication that we, perhaps subconsciously, are feeling that change, and are seeking answers. Wanting the truth.
But here is the one thing that nags at me, and this involves another popular topic on this forum: 911. I am one who is convinced it did not happen the way we are told. Too much logical evidence to the contrary. So, I ask, why? Why would they do it? Why would the responsible parties need the hundreds of billions of dollars made from the wars that followed, which was the obvious reason for the staged "terrorist attack"?
Do they know something we don't? Why completely ruin our future by starting 2 ten year wars (plus), while cutting taxes to the rich at the same time? That was guaranteed to ruin our future. (thus their future chances of continuing to make billions more). So the most logical explanation for me is that TPTB know that we have no "future"; and are desperately amassing and hoarding all they can at the peril of the rest of us.
Do they KNOW something that we average Joes don't know, but are guessing at? It seems so.
One thing for sure is that the path we are on is unsustainable on many levels, and it takes a delusional person to think that this is how things are supposed to be. I hope the Mayans and other ancients were onto something, because a shift is something we need desperately. It seems that about half the population is opening their minds and waking up, and the other half is going the other direction with anger, hatred, racism etc. So yes, the shift is underway.
An interesting time to be sure. Definitely not a time to be willfully spoon-fed information by MSM and TPTB, but a time to explore our ancient past with an open mind. I'll let you know if my brain falls out.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable

So all of you believing this new age clap trap now, what happens when 2012 goes by and nothing happens. Are you all going to admit your full of it? Will you at least, at the very least, say your sorry for being a gullible fool and give up posting hogwash on this site?

AFAIK, this site is FOR posting theories and ideas that may or may not have a sound basis.

If I am wrong and it all goes south, and you guys are proven right, I will get on here and post i was wrong. That I was an idiot for not noticing all the signs and i am not well and truly screwed. I will, i promise you.
Only problem is, if you are wrong in a certain way, you won't have the chance to 'come on here and post that you were wrong.'

Now, if you do believe all this clap trap AND nothing does happenAND you DON'T apologize for fear mongering and believing complete hooey - what will that say about you?
It will say there's nothing to be apologized for in the first place. You think someone owes you an apology for interpreting information the wrong way? I think you're a bit of a taskmaster, Hoss.

Will you have to face facts and come to terms with being wrong about your world view? Will it shake you to the core? Will truth finally shine through that veil of unreality you have put up in your mind to hide the real world?
You prattle about 'truth' and 'the real world'. What I've discovered through my own experience is that there IS no 'real world'. That is, there is no such thing as objective reality. Reality is a construct in your mind; a model by which you personally interpret the sensory information gathered and fed into your brain. I have irrefutable experience to prove that what is true today (for me) is not what was true a year ago (again, for me). My father, to my recollection, had an elective surgery done a couple of years back, and he was bedridden for two days. Today, he says it never happened and has proven it to me. (think real hard about what kind of 'elective surgery' leaves absolute proof of its occurrence). So who is right and who is wrong? Neither. Reality is not immutable. Reality is not 'real' in the way you, in your infantile need, want it to be. What are you going to do about that? Stamp your foot and insist that Reality become more objectively real, or face the facts? Yes, I am acutely aware of the irony in that question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join