It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Ancestors Obviously Knew Something We Didn't

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Originally posted by htapath

I've been to Hopiland eight times over the last 2.5 years and can tell you that 'it' is happening.

Most would say anything to get the tourism flowing check out the last sentences of this post..

The 2012 phenomenon has been discussed or referenced in several media. Several TV documentaries, as well as many contemporary fictional references to the year 2012 refer to 21 December as the day of a cataclysmic event. The History Channel has aired a handful of special series on doomsday that include analysis of 2012 theories, such as Decoding the Past (2005–2007), 2012, End of Days (2006), Last Days on Earth (2006), Seven Signs of the Apocalypse (2007), and Nostradamus 2012 (2008).[132] The Discovery Channel also aired 2012 Apocalypse in 2009, suggesting that massive solar storms, magnetic pole reversal, earthquakes, supervolcanoes, and other drastic natural events may occur in 2012.[133] In 2012 the National Geographic Channel launched a show called Doomsday Preppers, a documentary series about people preparing for various cataclysms, including the 2012 doomsday.[134] Hundreds of books have been published on the topic.[92] The bestselling book of 2009,[135] Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, featured a coded mock email number (2456282.5) that decodes, according to The Washington Post, as "December 21, 2012".[136] The 2009 disaster film 2012 was inspired by the phenomenon, and advance promotion prior to its release included a stealth marketing campaign in which TV spots and websites from the fictional "Institute for Human Continuity" called on people to prepare for the end of the world. As these promotions did not mention the film itself, many viewers believed them to be real and contacted astronomers in panic.[137][138] Although the campaign was heavily criticized,[92] the film became one of the most successful of its year, grossing nearly $770 million worldwide.[139] Lars von Trier's 2011 film Melancholia features a plot in which a planet emerges from behind the Sun onto a collision course with Earth.[140] Announcing his company's purchase of the film, the head of Magnolia Pictures said in a press release, "As the 2012 apocalypse is upon us, it is time to prepare for a cinematic last supper".[141] The phenomenon has also inspired several pop music hits. As early as 1997, "A Certain Shade of Green" by Incubus referred to the mystical belief that a shift in perception would arrive in 2012 ("Are you gonna stand around till 2012 A.D.? / What are you waiting for, a certain shade of green?"). More recent hits include "2012 (It Ain't the End)" (2010) performed by Jay Sean and "Till the World Ends" (2011) performed by Britney Spears. In February 2012, American automotive company GM aired an advertisement during the annual Super Bowl football game in which a group of friends drive Chevrolet Silverados through the ruins of human civilisation following the 2012 apocalypse. (When the whereabouts of one of their friends is queried, it is revealed that he died because he drove a Ford.)[142] In 2011, the Mexico tourism board stated its intentions to use the year 2012, without its apocalyptic connotations, as a means to revive Mexico's tourism industry, which had suffered as the country gained a reputation for drug wars and kidnapping. The initiative hopes to draw on the mystical appeal of the Maya ruins.[143].

The westerners love a conspiracy so the locals are told to juice things up a little.
Sometimes the honest hopis will say it's simply not true. It's all money money attention.

Imagine it is about awareness and we all wake up from the charlatans spell and take back controll
of our sanitys.That's my bet if anything does happen,why? Because when a few more predictions
fail epically, many will awaken from lifelong mental slavery from being groomed with bs for far
to long.Millions will hold the charlatans accountable and they will be named and shamed..
Why is the american flag blowing in the wind i hear people who follow charlatan say!.
I say The moon has no atmosphere .. moon hoaxer says yes it has a charlatan told me so wtf.?

TIP: RESEARCH BOTH SIDES OF EVERY STORY NOT JUST THE CHARLATANS CLAIMS.

PEACE.
edit on 18-9-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I see no point in arguing these things. It's childish, either you understand or you do not. Let society believe what makes them happy, they will see their own ignorance soon enough. Nibiru has been spoken of in more than one place and at more than one time. How is it that societies and civilizations that have never communicated have the same theories?

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seamus

That is, there is no such thing as objective reality. Reality is a construct in your mind;

More new age clap-trap. I have a test for you. Walk out to the nearest busy highway and step in front of a truck. There is a HUGE dose of reality for you. There is true and there is false. 12/21 is upon us. Do you believe it or not? Put up or shut up time. If your wrong... face the music. Admit your failures.

My point to that is ...Don't make the same mistake again!

Don't come back here posting ...Ooops, i did the math again and it really is going to end in 12/21 2013.
That's what im afraid we will hear - "uh sorry folks. Honest mistake. We meant next year..."

V

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Even if the 'exact date' is a few days, weeks, months, even a few years off, the fact that the ancients knew SOMETHING would be happening around our time is pretty epic imho.

Oh for the love of all that is holy....It has already started. I need to read through all the reply's first. Seriously brother. Get hold of yourself.

I understand the world seems in a bad way and a lot of folks think Somethinghas to happen. Its more a "hope" dream. Its the same silliness that gave us Barrak Huseein Obama II. Keep hope alive!

It is not enough to hope. If you want change, you have to go make it. Stop waiting for something else to fix the world.

I'm afraid your doomed to disappointment. The world is not going to end, aliens aren't gonna land, we are not gonna discover warp technology and be visited by Spock's great grandpa. We are going to have more of the same for a long time.

V

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by eleven44

Even if the 'exact date' is a few days, weeks, months, even a few years off, the fact that the ancients knew SOMETHING would be happening around our time is pretty epic imho.

Oh for the love of all that is holy....It has already started. I need to read through all the reply's first. Seriously brother. Get hold of yourself.

I understand the world seems in a bad way and a lot of folks think Somethinghas to happen. Its more a "hope" dream. Its the same silliness that gave us Barrak Huseein Obama II. Keep hope alive!

It is not enough to hope. If you want change, you have to go make it. Stop waiting for something else to fix the world.

I'm afraid your doomed to disappointment. The world is not going to end, aliens aren't gonna land, we are not gonna discover warp technology and be visited by Spock's great grandpa. We are going to have more of the same for a long time.

V

You must have completely misunderstood my post, or didn't read it at all, or are just completely uninformed about the seriousness what is happening and the time frame of it happening.

I made it very clear that I wasn't expecting anything supernatural. No aliens, no crazy tsunamis or crazy technology or anything of the sorts. You're obviously just putting words into my fingers because you prefer to spout off random talking points you have already chosen.

SOMETHING (economic crisis, food shortage, power shortage, lack of natural resources, epidemic, revolution, one world government attempt, or many other possibilities) WILL happen in our lifetime.And it WILL change the way people live. It may even be completely peaceful and beautiful to watch. Who knows. But major will happen. It's a problem when people expect the future to be a preserved and slightly updated version of today. I promise you it will not be.

As for waiting for something to happen or someone to save me...what gives you the impression that I am? It is my life goal to help assist the world during this transmission. I dedicate hours every day to helping people, informing people, creating art, displaying art, putting on events, pulling people together, advertising for local business's that I agree with, writing poetry to inspire others and ultimately living my daily life the best I can and as an example for others. At least I try. (I am far from perfect.) I have even started a production company that is dedicated to Elevating and Stimulating the minds of all people. I put many many hours every week in to that.

I'm not 'waiting' for anything. I'm living my life in the Now and am grateful for every single day. I work hard. I don't waste time. I pursue my dreams and help all I can along the way.

But, sir, I imagine your slightly older. And you're probably out of touch with what is truly unfolding.
This isn't me 'hoping' something will happen.
This is me telling you that it is.
The world will change.
The world is changing.
Don't 'wait' for it.
But expect it
and watch as it unfolds.

Here: please educate yourself.

edit on 18-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I predict that the sun will change color to orange or green. with in the next few years.
See the chakra colors. it could be possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

luckily - beforeits news this time seems to have factual information - here is another link seemingly credible from earlier this summer...

news.sciencemag.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Nibiru369

If Nibiru has a 3,600 year orbit why have the Chinese written nothing about it? The Chinese have a recorded history extending back 4,000 years so they should have recorded at least one passing. Yet when we look at their history Nibiru is conspicuously absent.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by brettrix
reply to post by solargeddon

luckily - beforeits news this time seems to have factual information - here is another link seemingly credible from earlier this summer...

news.sciencemag.org...

Good job

Nice to see BIN has got it's facts right for once

Guess we will just have to sit tight, and see what impact (if any) transpires, for what it's worth, I think we are living in very interesting times!

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Variable

You seemed like me talking....

People must be prepared for having to die of old age in a world just like it is today.

I say we make friends with the world, love life in this world, as it is, thats the great work most of us has to make...

Ive been trying, i used to love end times scenarios because i didn't like it here, but i think i am over it now.

Lets love life as it is, everyday, live, laugh, evolve, learn, have fun, enjoy, lets cry, feel fear, pain, suffering, its all part of a great game, there is plenty to do, lets enjoy this life....

Forget about saviors, or being saved of this big bad world.

Just enjoy it now, it is worth it.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Not sure if your comment was directed at me or not...

Hopiland is in Arizona, USA. I'm not a tourist, as I go there for spiritual reasons.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
reply to post by denver22

Not sure if your comment was directed at me or not...

Nope to everyone who visits.

I go there for spiritual reasons.

Enlighten me?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I respect your argument BUT the symbolism is present in there history! Read into the great deluge. Like the Sumerians (who had predicted Nibiru, or planet X), there is believed to be a death of society and a rebirth of humanity. Although, I must say, Nibiru is by no means an easy subject to converse about therefore a lot of symbolism comes into play. Read a bit more into the Chinese and Russia as well. The symbolism is there!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

You mean the Great Deluge of which no evidence exists and which there isn't enough water on Earth to cause? While it's true that most civilizations have stories of floods it's also true that most civilizations sprung up around rivers. It's one of those things that allowed civilization to flourish.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

If Nibiru has a 3,600 year orbit why have the Chinese written nothing about it? The Chinese have a recorded history extending back 4,000 years so they should have recorded at least one passing. Yet when we look at their history Nibiru is conspicuously absent.

I don't know how factual this source is, maybe you could have a look?

nexus.2012info.ca...

Hmm, I couldn't post a direct link to the post so just do a ctrl+f search and search for China and the relevant post will appear.
edit on 19-9-2012 by TheLaughingGod because: Problems with the link

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

your " source " is utter twaddle

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I'm trying to run down the source of this quote. So far I haven't been able to find anything past Velikovsky. I do recall a Chinese historian (whose name I have sadly forgotten) writing about such an event. However that historian lived hundreds, if not thousands, of years after the end of the Yan Dynasty.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

History is tricky, what I wouldn't do for a time machine..

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Actually, if I had a time machine the first thing I would do is go back and shoot that guy Murphy before he wrote all those laws. - lol

But seriously, wouldn't many of us like to go back to see what really happened at major events like the Kennedy assassination.

And since the very idea of how a time machine would work would let us find out the real truth behind miracles, aliens and UFOs, the missing childhood years of Christ and so much more that it could alter our future beyond belief and also let us know just what catastrophes and extinction threats our future really holds.

But if some of the scariest of the doomsayers are right, then maybe we are better off not knowing.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Right now something is happening around the world, check out how many quakes appear daily, if some one thinks this is normal search for quakes stats and see how every year we have more and more quakes.

Something big is coming, what is going to be I don't know but here are some different possibilities:

1- Alien Contact - Sooner or later there will be an alien contact that will change human kind forever.

2- World War 3 - This war is coming sooner than you think.

3- Solar Flares - A solar flare that could shutdown countries is going to hit the earth soon.

As you can see we are living difficult times right now, it is more easy that something big will happens that nothing happens.

The only way to know if to wait to december 21.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join