It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Armada of ships from 25 countries in Persian Gulf

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Any war games of this size and scope can only mean one thing. We are showing our cooperation with allies to the region so they know who they are fighting. This may be a ruse by USA to show its strength in larger numbers using "Games" as their excuse.

There is no question this is a blatant show of force for Iran.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't know if the Telegraph is reliable but I do know that there are no active battleships. The last news report I read of about the up coming deployment said it was a mine sweeping training exercise. Nothing really major or out of the ordinary.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
Dang it! I go work in the yard for a few hours and all this happens.

I'm going to go make some popcorn and wait for the big show!

I know, I went to clean the pool and pull weeds!

Seriously, was this planned in conjunction with that stupid film that was realeased before 9-11? me thinks it was all orchestrated for the convience of 9-11 and 2012. I worry that this 2012 thing will end up being a self-fulfilled prophecy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dcmb1409

I would agree that the media isn't the best at the class ID of warships....(thinks of the DNC ,...lol..) but the number and variety is bad timing, preplanned or not. Preplanned can be cancelled too if the downsides outweigh the benefit.

In this case training seems awfully likely to become downright loud and real before anyone knows it. I mean really, this is hardly peace time yet not quite war yet. It's seemingly in a spot inbetween..... Just a good hard push either way I'd imagine...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I too thought, why didn't they cancel or move the exercise with the recent riots?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So, these guys are there to protect Israel from a pre-emptive strike OR a retaliatory strike from Iran.
For one thing, it's Israel that is of the of the pre-emptive mindset, it's Israel's war if it happens.

Retaliatory though? So Israel wants to start a war that doesn't have to happen, and if Iran tries to defend itself these 25 countries will attack Iran?
If all this support was not there, would Israel be far less likely to be an aggressor?

That just sounds so not right.
Who here is the aggressor?
Where is the buildup to protect Iran from Israel?

It's like other kids protecting the schoolyard bully from his victim if he (the victim) gets angry and brave enough to pop him one.
I guess there is more street cred. being on the bullies side.

But, of course, Israel is blessed by god and contains gods chosen people so, tough titties to you Iran, Israel are always the good guys, even when they are not.

It's religion, that's why they are on Israels side.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Here's some additional info sites.

backchannel.al-monitor.com...

video.foxnews.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

it is a large exercise though

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Its a mine sweeping exercise. So you can put away your tin foil hats for a bit. These are no ships that attack they are used if the gulf is mined. It goes on every year.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Wait! The site reporting this is called Before It's News. So, is it real? I can't find anything on this at CNN.com.

Update: I checked a couple of other sites that have the story. I am so done with CNN.
edit on 9/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Did you miss the part about it being the largest exercise in the region ever, or how about the fact that there are 3 nimitz class carrier groups in the region? It seems a little more than just sweeping mines.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The headline is quite scary

Armada of British naval power massing in the Gulf as Israel prepares an Iran strike

Prepares a strike!

An armada of US and British naval power is massing in the Persian Gulf in the belief that Israel is considering a pre-emptive strike against Iran’s covert nuclear weapons programme.

This is more than just mine-sweeping I believe.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Here's the link to the article in OP.

I guess this move is as much for the protection of oil flow that so many nations depend upon, as it is for military precautions.

www.telegraph.co.uk... rike.html

Western leaders are convinced that Iran will retaliate to any attack by attempting to mine or blockade the shipping lane through which passes around 18 million barrels of oil every day, approximately 35 per cent of the world’s petroleum traded by sea.

A blockade would have a catastrophic effect on the fragile economies of Britain, Europe the United States and Japan, all of which rely heavily on oil and gas supplies from the Gulf.

The Strait of Hormuz is one of the world’s most congested international waterways. It is only 21 miles wide at its narrowest point and is bordered by the Iranian coast to the north and the United Arab Emirates to the south.

In preparation for any pre-emptive or retaliatory action by Iran, warships from more than 25 countries, including the United States, Britain, France, Saudi Arabia and the UAE, will today begin an annual 12-day exercise.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Wait! The site reporting this is called Before It's News. So, is it real? I can't find anything on this at CNN.com.

Update: I checked a couple of other sites that have the story. I am so done with CNN.
edit on 9/15/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Yup:

Cell Phones in Africa

Leanardo Decaprio

Teenage girl hooks giant fish

All on the front page of CNN. Gotta keep providing the opiate of the masses.

Meanwhile...The approaching WW3 just isn't interesting enough to be reported I guess.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Looking more and more like the twenty first of Sept. might be a start of things. Someone had a prediction of that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
/Yawn

Naval exercises go on all the time.

Train like you fight and fight like you train.

Been there and done that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
one thing these games do is give someone like Iran the heads up on the strategy being used and a heads up on to countering it.
they will not just be sitting back and watching Iranian Idol, they will be watching closely

Get real 25 nations including the u.s. there'll be no"countering it" if they try to screw with the worlds crude supply. Maybe they need to hire this guy:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Battleships, aircraft carriers, minesweepers and submarines from 25 nations are converging on the strategically important Strait of Hormuz in an unprecedented show of force as Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war.

In preparation for any pre-emptive or retaliatory action by Iran...

What COMPLETE lies and propaganda.

First off, the link to your source isnt working.

"25" nations? Yah right. 24 nations sent a diplomat. 99% of the military aggression is from the U.S.

"Israel and Iran move towards the brink of war."

BS. Piece of trash liars. This will be a unilateral attack by Israel and its paid for hitman, the United States. There is no "war". This will be a one sided blood bath. In the non-propaganda world, this is called mass murder aka genocide aka crimes against humanity.

"In preparation for any pre-emptive or retaliatory action by Iran..."

WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWO

Everyone knows damn well that Iran is not the aggressor but get this, theyre not even allowed to respond!!!!??!?!?!?!

US, Israel, the UK governments: pure EVIL.

edit on 15-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

And the headlines at Drudge are enough to make you flip.

Sudan rejects U.S. request to send Marines to guard embassy
Libyans See al Qaeda Hand in Embassy Attack
U.S. Is Preparing for a Long Siege of Arab Unrest
Al Qaeda in Yemen urges Muslims to kill U.S. diplomats over film
U.S. orders embassy staff to leave Tunis, Khartoum
Prince Harry targeted in fatal Taliban attack on 'impregnable' military base (2 Marines killed)
Armada massing as 'Israel prepares Iran strike'...
COPS: Woman Has Husband Shoot Her To Avoid Air Force Deployment...

www.drudgereport.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem

Originally posted by littled16
Dang it! I go work in the yard for a few hours and all this happens.

I'm going to go make some popcorn and wait for the big show!

I know, I went to clean the pool and pull weeds!

Seriously, was this planned in conjunction with that stupid film that was realeased before 9-11? me thinks it was all orchestrated for the convience of 9-11 and 2012. I worry that this 2012 thing will end up being a self-fulfilled prophecy.

This is planned from way back the history books only go back about 4000 years and the population is normally around 200 miliion there was a spike when it hit around a billion people according to one historian I know disease is a lot more controllable now along with better agriculture but the scum have always had this knowledge, but when you know that the scum call us cattle and statements from prince phillip saying he wants to come back as a virus and wipe us out as head of the freemasons and with the queen running the order of the royal garter when you become a 33rd degree freemason, and we know that the rosicucians have linked with the freemasons this link explains the bloodlines and links quite accurately.
www.american-buddha.com...

The word Amen is used as a count of the population we are thanking a fertility god have a look at the etymology of Amen the fusion of the gods Amun Ra and Min.

also look up the meaning of the word Corporati used by the Romans meaning taken from condemned men.

Humans have been on this planet for 3 million years in various guises

edit on 15-9-2012 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
This is such a brazen show of power. Pretty much foreshadowing war, here. Israel wants war, and we can count on the American gubment to stand behind them (along with the rest of the western world), ready to occupy Iran and bring them democracy.

edit on 15-9-2012 by free_form because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2012 by free_form because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join