It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film protest: Egypt PM urges US to end 'insults'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017
Do you think that they just run around bashing the US non-stop, 24/7 and it's universally accepted over there?

tell you what, grab a video camera and head over to, oh, I don't know, Libya or Yemen, and put a sign up that says "come talk to the american " or "come talk to the Israeli jew" and then, once you've got a couple hours of footage, we'll talk.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by denver22

If one of my kids was forced to pray in that manner...I'd be in jail for putting the teacher on their kness in a violent manner. I don't care if they were a man or woman.

That teacher needs to be fired ASAP.
It is like i said sad that the british government
Have gotten so soft and harsh on their own people.Now if america gives in then we are all
doomed to failure in freedom of speech.. hold the front pages i do see a conspiracy and you
guys are probably shocked that i finally have seen one i actually agree on..

What happened to this we are all equal malarky..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

A humble queston.

Would ATS allow a youtube video of someone burning the Koran?

Curious.

Thanks,
beez

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmed707
Why are people so outraged at this attack on free speech when we in the Western world have a concept known as 'hate speech', which this video could be construed as?

Hate speech is still constitutionally protected, it is only when

instances of incitement qualify as criminal only if the threat of violence is imminen

As in someone standing on a podium and demanding the crowd go lynch someone does it become a crime.

Saying this video is incitement is a HUGE stretch of the imagination, you'd be surprised how much of the law falls under reasonable assumptions.

It is not a reasonable assumption that a vid is Incitement for riots abroad, these are unreasonable actions.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Crakeur

A humble queston.

Would ATS allow a youtube video of someone burning the Koran?

Curious.

Thanks,
beez

lol

Oh man Beezzer I know where thats going, I myself was thinking of a vid with EVERY holybook being used as TP... but that was in general stance on freedom of speech and not an attack on the religion of the holy books.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

doubt it and I doubt if we'd allow for the burning of the bible, old or new testament.

ATS is privately owned and, much like your own home, we have the right to allow, or not, things we do or don't want to see in our home.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I have been saying this ALL day. WHY are these Countries, not taking care of the Extremists, who are INSULTING Islam, every day, in their own Countries, when its them , that subscribe to killing and Hatred? What is more Insulting? People of the actual faith, making a mockery of the very religion, that these leaders say is Peaceful ?

Making a mockery of it, in their own Temples? Preaching this hate daily? Twisting Allah's words, to suit their own pitiful agendas?

Sorry, but when Countries like Egypt, can say this, after their own leaders call for Jerusalem to be their capital, By sword, or Martyrdom, I'm going to call them out on it. EVERYONE should.

S&F BTW......

edit on 15-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Would ATS be complicit in inciting hatred by allowing the video to be shown?

Just because the notorious video in question created riots (according to some) would ATS be complicit as well?

The question was legitamate, honest.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by beezzer

doubt it and I doubt if we'd allow for the burning of the bible, old or new testament.

ATS is privately owned and, much like your own home, we have the right to allow, or not, things we do or don't want to see in our home.

Understood. Not trying to stir the pot so much as look at this issue from different angles.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's all up to our governments to keep democracy even some muslims are getting fed up
with it all, how about that i am not attacking the muslims in general as our governements
make the rules up as they go along..

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Obama is not going to do a darn thing about the stupid film, why? because Obama is a Muslim and if he side with the Arab fundamentalist he will be showing his true colors, as an American president he will no dare to make any comments but those that falls on the guide lines of the way America perceives freedom of speech under the constitution.

Islamic fundamentalist can shove their protest where the sun doesn't shine, America has already a constitution and is not Islamic law no matter how much they want to get their dirty hands on it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

reply to post by benrl

Just because the notorious video in question created riots (according to some) would ATS be complicit as well?

The question was legitamate, honest.

ATS makes its own rules, but the video isn't illegal in the least. Any site can choose for itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Honestly, I would probably stop posting on this site, if Videos that promote Hatred, and inequality were being used, to push agendas. That really is the only reason why these certain videos are made. Not to promote peace, or question a certain aspect of a religion, But to inflame a certain group, to the point of what we have today. Bloodshed. Even if the video is poorly made, and is supposed to be humorous. What people seek out in their own homes, is another story. I am glad, that reason, is used, when making quality decisions, such as these.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I was referring to the Western World in general and how the concept of hate speech has stifled freedom of speech. A man in Britian was arrested for singing 'Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting'! Sadly, I think the US is headed down that road.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

no more than google is by allowing the video to remain. Google is taking the stance that it doesn't break their terms and conditions and, therefore, it can stay.

(plus it's driving global traffic to their site - big win)

Did anyone else notice that the only government to request that google take down the video was the US? I, personally, find it apalling that the white house would openly suggest this.

As I said, the video is ridiculous and offensive to muslims but, here in the states, we have a right that allows us to be obnoxious, arrogant, insensitive ....(insert expletive of choice).

we also have the right to not listen or watch so, when the kkk is talking about jews this, blacks they can do it. the westboro baptist church can spew their vile hate against, um, everyone, and we, as americans, can not listen and we can also enjoy the knowledge that we can shout louder than them, disrupting their right to free speech with our own.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

obama is a secret muslim? then why did the same ignorant crowd that claimed this get so up in arms over his pastor's remarks?

he either has a pastor or an imam, not both. if he's a muslim, why was Reverend Wright such a problem for him?

oh, I know, because he's not a muslim.

good lord, that claim is so old and silly.

the man is many things. he's done enough wrong on his own and doesn't need some secret muslim terror nonsense to hurt his record. he's doing just fine on his own. right on up to ignoring the whole freedom of speech thing by asking youtube to take down the video

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

we also have the right to not listen or watch so, when the kkk is talking about jews this, blacks they can do it. the westboro baptist church can spew their vile hate against, um, everyone, and we, as americans, can not listen and we can also enjoy the knowledge that we can shout louder than them, disrupting their right to free speech with our own.

Ironic......Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by benrl

Not all Muslims feel the way the protesters do.

Only the majority in the ME, Africa, Asia, Europe and a few other locations.

So I hear.....
edit on 15-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Very interesting. So real potential towards a false flag like I thought. So this would then be something intended to destroy free speech and introduce Fascism?

It won't stand in any court of law, and no matter who attempts to empower an unlawful, unconstitutional ruling of any kind, I wouldn't obey it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Sorry hear that you disagree but hey this America the land of freedom of speech. You know that I do not post much on derogatory forums when it comes to issues like Obama birth or his alliance to Islam.

But, Yes I believe that Obama upbringing from his father side, introduce him into Islam and he will always follow his father Islamic teaching regardless of nationality.

The same way I don't care about Romney been a Mormon I careless about Obama been Muslim, as long as they do not push their personal religious agendas in the nation.

After all I voted for Obama, even knowing of his Muslim links.

Sorry but once you are indoctrinated into Islam you will always be one.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

that's quite the mixed message you tossed out there. if it doesn't bother you that he's a muslim (he's not), then why bring it up in the manner you did? why use his being a secret muslim as a means of showing that he's siding with muslims on this issue?

there are two issues with this film that are most important.

1. it was insulting to muslims and they are reacting in a manner that is insulting to humans, worldwide.
2. the calls for a take down of the video, and the calls for violence against americans over the film, are, in a nutshell, calls for the stifling of free speech.

an oddity that has not been mentioned much is that the original claim was that the man behind the film was israeli and the film was funded by jews and, yet, attacks were made, and continue to happen, against american interests.

Why no attacks on Israeli interests?

Another oddity - now that the story has changed, and we are told that this guy is a coptic, and he's linked to egypt, why aren't there attacks against coptics and egyptian interests?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join