It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney out of touch...thinks middle income is $200,000 - $250,000 per year

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamLuv
Ill make a 10k bet that a family of 4 could live perfectly well on 100k in ANY american city.

That's absolute bull crap.

A family of four living on 100K in Philly or NYC or LA (ETC) couldn't make it 'perfectly well'.

A family of four living on 100K in smaller cities like Huntsville AL or St. Louis wouldn't be
'perfectly well' either. After taxes they'd be just making it ... and be devoid of a lot of things
that make life good for kids (like swim lessons or music lessons, etc).

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
$200,000.00 to$250,000.00 “AND LESS” he said! That’s true. What da hell is wrong with you? When did it become a crime to make money? Now a days the low life drugged out gangbanging piece of s@#$ is the one you want to look up to. If $25,000.00 is considered poor now a days then the median level for everyone goes up and the middle class has to go up also. Wake up, you’re not going to get anywhere with your hand out and attacking the people that are paying your bills!

“If you eat the rich there will be no one left to pay your bills!”

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
LOL. Funny, but TRUE!

Originally posted by D1Useek
$200,000.00 to$250,000.00 “AND LESS” he said! That’s true. What da hell is wrong with you? When did it become a crime to make money? Now a days the low life drugged out gangbanging piece of s@#$ is the one you want to look up to. If $25,000.00 is considered poor now a days then the median level for everyone goes up and the middle class has to go up also. Wake up, you’re not going to get anywhere with your hand out and attacking the people that are paying your bills!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Hmmm, living with income below 100K is pretty tough? If so, now you know financial crunch a very large part of the US feels. Still waiting on that trick down that turned into trick out of the country

edit on 9/15/2012 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The facts are being twisted here. The majority of American's don't make $100,000 dollars. You can't compare the cost of living in NYC and LA to smaller cities in the U.S.. The majority of Americans don't reside there. Romney should of thought before he spoke. He has a habit of doing that.

The question is, does he really think the majority of middle class workers make anywhere near $200,000? If he really understood most Americans, he would have conveyed the difference in the cost of living. I'm not running for president and I was aware of that. Heck, all you have to do is watch an episode of "sell this house" to realize the difference in the cost of living.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
To make things worse he wasn’t talking about a family income he was talking about an individual.

Anyone who tries to say he was including pay below 200K is just being dishonest that is the reason he said 200k and 250k.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
At least Obama doesn't appear to be a money man. I rather have someone as Obama in office than some banker

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Q33323

Woe is them

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Um...Obama considers middle class anything up to 250,000...so...the point of this post is???

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SamLuv
Ill make a 10k bet that a family of 4 could live perfectly well on 100k in ANY american city.

That's absolute bull crap.

A family of four living on 100K in Philly or NYC or LA (ETC) couldn't make it 'perfectly well'.

A family of four living on 100K in smaller cities like Huntsville AL or St. Louis wouldn't be
'perfectly well' either. After taxes they'd be just making it ... and be devoid of a lot of things
that make life good for kids (like swim lessons or music lessons, etc).

i grew up in a very expensive city in california in a family of five making less than 100k a year and we were able to live more than comfortably ....not in luxury.... but more than comfortable
we ate good food went to summer camps took swimming classes each had a computer, tv, stocked book shelf, etc and had money left over to spend on frivolous things like going to the movies, theme parks, toys,and things like that
well fed, educated, and entertained
all without incurring any debt
i cant speak for the absolute most expensive places but were talking averages here and not exceptions.... if you cant live comfortably on 100k a year maybe its you who is the problem

(and for the record im in my early 20s so dont bother to argue that money is just worth less now due to inflation)
edit on 15-9-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Maybe Im just in fantasy wold here, but what is the point of minimum wage anymore if $200-250K is middle income? Isn't minimum wage set to be an amount that a single person can live (no luxuries). So for a two person family that both are making minimum wage at $8.00 an hour comes to 8 X 2 = 16, 16 X 40 = 640, 640 X 52 = $33,280 a year. Now anywhere in the nation you should be able to live with no needs on this amount. Add a child, and it goes out the window. Heck, daycare alone is $100-200 a week.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

That's scary. Regan was out of touch too wasn't he? I feel that intouch yet untouchable. In also feel that after people hit a certain age and/or accomplishments they start to get tunnel vision only seeing things as their life experiences have. I have for a long time yearned for a younger president because they would tend to be able stay in touch and keep their focus and vision fresh. If in his eyes middle class makes that much maybe hewill grant incredibly large tax breaks for people and larger grants, welfare and other monies needed by the people.

Yeonaton-

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Exactly...the bottom line is they both have the same position, different wording, Romney says middle class is anything up to 200-250K, Obama says it's anything under 250K...non story, but let's get 16 pages of arguments and name calling.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek

If I ate the rich maybe some of the excess wealth they hoard would end up in my paycheck and I wouldn't have to be beholding to these greedy bastards. for the crumbs they want to allow me to have.

Making money is no crime, making all the money tears the system apart.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

September 14, 2012 Rasmussen

Romney 48%

Obama 45%

---------
It's over.

Sorry, but Rasmussen is the most pro-Republican pollster around. You're going to have to cite something better than that. It's not over at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

September 14, 2012 Rasmussen

Romney 48%

Obama 45%

---------
It's over.

Sorry, but Rasmussen is the most pro-Republican pollster around. You're going to have to cite something better than that. It's not over at all.

----------
Sorry, but Gallup is under attack from Department of Justice.

The other polls are stacked with democrats.

Ignore Rasmussen at your own peril.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Will you ever get off the Rasmussen scewed polls? I pointed out in another thread, with evidence and documentation to back it up, that Rasmussen is not trustworthy. Your defence was that all other polls were controlled by Democrats.

And again I say....how many democrats control fox news? Their latest poll..Obama leading by %5

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join