Romney out of touch...thinks middle income is $200,000 - $250,000 per year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I asked you to do it based on the median. What roach infested, gang hood did you find your one least expensive example in? Use the tools from the post a couple above here to do your math.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

No you are wrong. He was referring to where the top of the middle is, and it is somewhere in the neighborhood of $200,000 to $250,000. Obama agrees, which is why he wants to tax people who make OVER that amount.

Twisting.... who is twisting?

Go to .47 in the video.

I didn't quote Obama I quoted Romney. It depends on what you consider twisting 75K home to 750K home is that what you mean. It only took me 10secounds to find that listing how long did it take you to find yours?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

The "or less" part left out of the original Romney quote is key here to your understanding. Did you read the whole thread? Context is everything. Hate to break it to you, but $250,000 OR LESS is the middle class. Obama agrees too as I have already pointed out.

Some of the stupid in this thread burns, lol....

so, meaningless.
Yes, middle income is a zillion dollars or less.

I find this all a non issue. The question requires details...what is middle income for a family of 4 in podunk arkansas may be 60k, etc...so the question was lazy. Neither politician did the smart thing and ask for details. And no, I didn't read the whole thread...didn't even read the article as I mentioned.. I read the first page though, and people on this thread here were defending about how 200-250k was barely middle class...my target was more them than politicians.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

We are not talking about exceptions (single people). We are talking about the average which would be a family.

President Mitt Romney will grow the economy and turn us all into millionaires.

Then we can stop with the class warfare.

Normally I try to avoid engaging in discussion with you..but once in awhile, you do say something that has such low hanging fruit that I simply must reply if only to satisfy the humor in me.

So...if we are all millionaires, who will serve us at restaurants?

I am hopeing you were just joking...if not, I suspect there is some special needs issues going on here, which makes me suddenly feel really bad about all the times in the past I have replied to you (although it would suddenly make sense)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

What upper class gated snob neighborhood did you find yours?

I am done debating you if you are going to be this dishonest the facts are there the links are there people can decide for themselves who is right.

San Francisco Median household income 2006-2010 $71,304 $60,883

SA Francicisco (city), California
edit on 15-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Cost-of-Living Wizard

Results for your new location:

$200,000 income from Little Rock Arkansas to San Francisco California:

$82,848
net change in
disposable income

Yes, context is everything

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I used the MEDIAN price as clearly stated in my post.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

We are not talking about exceptions (single people). We are talking about the average which would be a family.

-------------
VP Paul Ryan will balance the books and chart a safe path to reform the Big 3.

- Social Security - MediCare - MediCaid -

Holy smokes, even me being a conservative, I think you took a huge gulp of the GOP brand of kool-aid.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think this is perhaps the most appropriate video for this thread. I wonder if this is on his iPod?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I know you quoted Romney. My point is that Obama agrees with Romney about who is the middle class. This is clear from this video. Obama says he will not raise taxes on the middle class and his cut off is $250,000. Is this really that difficult to comprehend?

The entire premise and title of this thread is twisted.

QE3 will see to it that the middle class is $500,000 before you can bat your eyelashes.
edit on 15-9-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide

-------------
VP Paul Ryan will balance the books and chart a safe path to reform the Big 3.

- Social Security - MediCare - MediCaid -

Holy smokes, even me being a conservative, I think you took a huge gulp of the GOP brand of kool-aid.

It can be done.

Remember the Clinton administration? He worked - with - the GOP.

Balanced the books + Real welfare reform = Success

----------
Obama has been a failure.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
$250k is a vacation to Romney.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by SamLuv
Ill make a 10k bet that a family of 4 could live perfectly well on 100k in ANY american city.

That's absolute bull crap.

A family of four living on 100K in Philly or NYC or LA (ETC) couldn't make it 'perfectly well'.

A family of four living on 100K in smaller cities like Huntsville AL or St. Louis wouldn't be
'perfectly well' either. After taxes they'd be just making it ... and be devoid of a lot of things
that make life good for kids (like swim lessons or music lessons, etc).

My mother raised me and my 3 brothers, alone, without making more than 50k. We've all graduated from university, and she's just finished going to school for being a nurse, and has been on the job for several years now. 100k is MORE than enough to live on. As someone pointed out earlier, if you find it hard to live on 100k, let alone 200k, you're doing something terribly wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I know you quoted Romney. My point is that Obama agrees with Romney about who is the middle class. This is clear from this video. He says he will not raise taxes on the middle class and his cut off is $250,000. Is this really that difficult to comprehend?

The entire premise and title of this thread is twisted.

Bingo!

BTW, taxing the rich will only get you $80 Billion. - not good enough-

Obama would need to tax - everyone -.

- Nationwide Value Added Tax - just like the UK.
edit on 15-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ezwip

Not to Obama. He and Michelle spend way more than that paltry amount for vacations. Geez... people wake up please.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

My point is that Obama agrees with Romney about who is the middle class. This is clear from this video. Obama says he will not raise taxes on the middle class and his cut off is $250,000.

VERY true. Both Obama and Romney think middle income is the same - up to $250,000.
Therefore, the title of this thread isn't fully complete. It should read ...
'Obama and Romney out of touch .. they think middle income is 200,000 -250,000'

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman
My mother raised me and my 3 brothers, alone, without making more than 50k....

YOU live in Toronto. WE are talking about Los Angeles ...

if you find it hard to live on 100k, let alone 200k, you're doing something terribly wrong.

You didn't read anything I posted about the cost of living in Los Angeles for a family of 4 .. did you?
Nope. Didn't think so.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
... if you cant live comfortably on 100k a year maybe its you who is the problem

Bull crap.

A family of four living in Los Angeles ... trying to live 'comfortably' with 100,000 income?
Half of it is gone via taxes right off the top. 30% income tax. Then property taxes. etc
Have you seen the cost of diapers? Formula? Gas? Kids clothing which is constantly
having to be replaced due to being outgrown. Let alone the cost of property in
Los Angeles ... either renting or owning. Automotive costs. Insurance costs.
Healthcare costs. Food costs.

If the kids are to be safe, they certainly cant go to a drug/gang infested 'free'
school. Depending on the neighborhood, non-public schools may be needed.

And you are telling me that a family of four can live 'comfortably' on probably what is
left after taxes ... being probably $50,000 a year .. in LA? That's a load of garbage.

Los Angeles Property Tax Rates and Median Incomes
Federal Income Tax Brackets
California State Income Tax
California Sales tax, Use tax, District tax

ADD IN THE MORGAGE ..

Wiki Answers - 'ugly' LA homes 300-400 K
'modest' 3 bedroom home in Glendale for 500,000-600,000
Map .. houses for sale in Los Angeles
Median price $584,000 - $714,000

Everyone -
COST OF LIVING CALCULATOR - click here

Plug in living comfortably with a $100,000 salary in Huntsville, Alabama and then see how much you'd have to make to have the same comfortable standard of living in Los Angeles. The answer is almost $150,000. There is a BIG difference with salaries and 'level of living' across the country.

edit on 9/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

You had me until you mentioned a private school. Please.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

How old are you Ryan?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by ezwip

Not to Obama. He and Michelle spend way more than that paltry amount for vacations. Geez... people wake up please.

Yeah I was thinking that too. These people are just rich as hell any sum under a million doesn't even register with them. It's like that picture of P Diddy staring at a dollar bill in his big wad of cash. He's like wtf is this a dollar omg how did this get in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join