It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney out of touch...thinks middle income is $200,000 - $250,000 per year

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Since 2005 I went from making $45k a year to $9800 a year.
edit on 15-9-2012 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Simply put, people are making less money these days and even those dollars won't be able to buy as much as it used to.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live on the space coast I am paying the mortgage on my house I live 1 block from the beach in great town I have 1 car paid off and still paying on another I have cable cell phone internet go out once a week and still manage to save enough each year for a trip to Costa Rica to surf and scuba dive. I eat healthy most of the time besides fast food when working and I do not make even close to a 100K a year. I bought my house 220K so it isn’t cheap. At least not to me.

I make just a little less than my next door neighbor who is an engineer at NASA but the way most of the people talk on here my income is what they would call poverty. Funny because I don’t qualify for assistance the Gov. considers me middle class and so do I. So either I am either really good with money and there are a lot of people that would argue against that or a lot of people on here have no idea what middle class is. Maybe it is because I don’t pay health insurance because I am covered by V.A. from my military service. (Hey maybe that is a good argument for government health care?)

I sure do not consider myself poor and I am doing a lot better than most people around here. (i.e. Florida) I feel very fortunate.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That is why the two party monopoly needs to die. Democrats are just as bad as republicans. Both parties are capitalist oriented for a global market. Conservatism vs Liberalism. For a conservative anything goes to keep the status quo and for a liberal they try to treat serious illness with an aspirin or two. Can't happen!

People should make a ruckus about the campaign election system and force media to give the smaller parties more coverage. If you are a low tiered employee you can vote for spusa, cpusa, progressive party, etc.

Even the rich should not vote for the big two. They would be better off voting libertarian; no foreign intervention saves money for everyone and our tax dollars stay in america where they belong. Moderate isolationism as stated by ron paul is good.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

500 people or less is in fact the correct definition of a small business in the US.

The SBA Office of Advocacy generally defines a small business as an independent business having fewer than 500 employees. There are an estimated 29.6 million small businesses in the United States.

Know your facts before you question those who actually do know.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What is your expertise/background to question him? Romney has a Master's degree in business and a law degree in Business Law. I think he is more than qualified to speak about what defines a small business.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

It wasnt to appease the republicans Obama has all ways considered middle class 250000 and less.Here is a 2008 speech where Obama was running for president and even then he defined middle class as less then 250000.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You admit you missed the AND LESS part of the quote, but then you go on to ask this question. What part of AND LESS do you fail to understand?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Did you watch the video I posted or read the article?

Never mind I don’t think it will matter.

You guys have a great day.

I am starting to think a person’s income effects their memory, sight, and hearing. I say this jokingly with a bit of apathy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Last answered. By what you are saying less can mean 50 bucks a week. That’s less isn't it? Romney said himself 100K is not middle class what do you not understand about his statement.

Less does not cover everything that is a complete straw man argument.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

There is also an official definition of what constitutes poverty, (ie., not middle class) but you know that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I'm sure he said that to get Donald Trump's donation money.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Edited out.
Know what? I've proven my point VERY well.
I'm not going to bother discussing this with someone who is clueless on the subject ...

:shk: OUT.
edit on 9/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
I know lots of folk who have a family income in that range. They are certainly not "living large." It depends on where you live. That amount in jerk-water Nevada would be fine. In San Francisco, $200k, for a family of four, might qualify you for food stamps.

You can barely make it on $100k these days... anywhere.

It's all about prospective. If you're wealthy then 200k probably seems normal.
But MOST Americans don't even make close to that. Romney is so far out of touch
with reality that it's scary. But then again why would he? He makes millions. He has no
clue what middle class is(obviously). Seriously, I think Romney is the worst candidate I've
seen run for president in a really long time. He makes Bush look like the pope.
I don't believe one word that comes out of his mouth. I don't understand how anyone
could believe a word this guy says. He is your classic politician that will say ANYTHING to
get your vote. It's almost like he doesn't realize that every action he does is being filmed
under a microscope. He will change his story every other day and have no qualms about it.

Someone this out of touch with reality has no business being our president.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pluginkid

Did you mean perspective?

Yes some here could really benefit from having perspective. Having perspective would mean that you would understand that Romney and Obama have the exact same definition of what is middle class. Had you read the thread and focused a bit you would see that is true.

Less partisan crap and more critical thinking please, deny ignorance.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pluginkid

See what happens when you question Mitt the Messiah, some here get all bent out of shape. It was the
conservatives that loved the Messiah comparison with Obama but "Mitt the Messiah" has such a nice ring to it.

Romney is so out of touch with the average American working man it's almost humorous. Still there are those that have let their ideology get in the way of their common sense and might possibly get him elected. I doubt if the Messiah himself could pull America out of the mess it's in both culturally and economically. The divisions are so great there will eventually be blood in the streets.

God help us!!!

edit on 15-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
See what happens when you question Mitt the Messiah, ....

I hate to break it to you .... well, that's not true ... I'm enjoying breaking it to you ...

... the Republicans I know are voting for Romney while HOLDING THEIR NOSES.
They dont' like him at all .. they don't have lawn signs out .. they don't have
bumper stickers .. they didn't get excited about the convention ... they simply
don't like the man but they are voting for him because he's 'less bad' than Obama.

They certainly haven't woven a faux-messiahship around Romney like the O-bots
did around Obama in 2008. It's not even close to that level of worship.

And for the record .. I'm not voting for Obama and I'm not voting for Romney.
In fact .. there isn't much of a difference between the two. Just an (R) and a (D)
after there names. That's about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Seriously, where did you get this Messiah crap from my post. I said they have the same definition of what middle class is. That is quite the spin.

Taz is dizzy.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

In fact .. there isn't much of a difference between the two. Just an (R) and a (D)
Actually there is one Difference, the only one I need to vote Obama.

Mitt cant wait to start another war with Iran.

Obama is trying to stay out of the mess with Israel-Iran.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by olaru12
See what happens when you question Mitt the Messiah, ....

I hate to break it to you .... well, that's not true ... I'm enjoying breaking it to you ...

... the Republicans I know are voting for Romney while HOLDING THEIR NOSES.
They dont' like him at all .. they don't have lawn signs out .. they don't have
bumper stickers .. they didn't get excited about the convention ... they simply
don't like the man but they are voting for him because he's 'less bad' than Obama.

They certainly haven't woven a faux-messiahship around Romney like the O-bots
did around Obama in 2008. It's not even close to that level of worship.

Hit the nail on the head i voted for Obama last time but i am sick and tired of all the promises he makes and of course forgets them when elected. His policies seem to me to weaken the us economically and well as we see our foreign policy is a joke.Mitt sucks really he does but sadly he cant do worse then our current administration he does know how to make money so hopefully hell put that to use getting us out of debt. There already talking about another credit downgrade since the debt keeps going up.And that effects everyone.And after Obamas statement to Putin it explained the way he thinks just wait until after the election then i dont have to care about the American people.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join