It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-Files (Part 1 of 3)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
S&F for you! Amazing thread btw. Now all I have to do is wait for part 3.

edit on 9/15/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Good thread so far! S&F!!

I think the ocean mystery was later found to be volcano vents that would send these blasts of air pockets in the water and it would make a strange sound. But you know, mother earth has to fart sometimes so that might be it.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
S&F mate, Interresting read!. Looking forward to part 2-3 !

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Very cool threads! Really love this kind of stuff, a couple ive heard of but allot of it was brand new to me. Thanks for the work you put into it. Keep up the good work.
star for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Im not trying to turn it into a s/f competition. The point I was trying to make is that there is very little of his own writing in the thread. And it is all stories that have been covered numerous times on ATS. If I was all about stars and flags, wouldn't I be busy copying and pasting all the interesting sites I find, like what THIS thread is? And then I would break those stories up into 3 separate threads so each one could be starred and flagged?? Who's making it about stars and flags now?

As a poster above mentioned, this site has gone down hill a lot, and I think one of the biggest reasons is because less people actually author their own interesting unique threads. I mean the OP could have at least offered some of his own writing and opinion about each case?????? Am I the only person who would appreciate more than just copy pasta?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
originally posted by sublimecraft

1. It takes about 45 mins per story just to gather the info
2. I've been away from the Wife & kids for 4 weeks and only arrived home yesterday
3. I'm on my 4th beer.

Great coincidence, I'm on my 4th beer too!

S & F to you, the Taman Shud case immediately came to mind, i seen a photo in a book of this man, but it was taken just after he was discovered. The funny thing is that this photo i saw was in a UFO book, the writers claimed his ears to be unnatural and deemed him to be 'other worldly'.

I'm eagerly awaiting part two.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Haven't read the entire thread, so don't know if anybody has already said this, but what about the Tunguska event? That is certainly a unsolved earth mystery

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In the "Taman Shud" case they said they found a half burned cigarette on the victims lapel.
Could have been a winfield or B&H that belonged to the killer but if he was a stupid falschimjager spy they might have been German.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I just love this stuff
. I have studied the The Dyatlov Pass story a lot, hope you can find some new info about it. Keep writing, save the beer for later
))

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I can answer the number #4 on the best I can.

If it was a bomb, then there must of been a trigger, so because the trigger went off prematurely that means something, or someone, just made the connection that said, "Blow up." It did, but at the same time, made it's power not as great, kind of like a heavy metal bowl over a bomb. But if the theory is correct, then it was kind of like a shield with holes.

Theory one, complete.

Theory two, That must be some serious construction work right there, school designed to withstand that kind of brute force, nice!

Oh, will you also include the Zone of Silence?
edit on 14-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say in "theory one" but I can tell you why the bomb didn't work. I am trained in demolitions and explosives and know what effect the bomb maker was going for. That story interested me, too, so I did a little bit of digging and found that there were, in fact, 5 charges (bombs) daisy-chained together and that it involved gasoline and powdered aluminum. The way this is supposed to work is as follows: The trigger sets off a booster which fills the air with the powdered aluminum while igniting the gasoline. This causes the powdered aluminum to ignite and instantly consume all of the oxygen in the air which will cause the building/room to collapse. It's a very efficient way to destroy things with minimal material required (if you know how to do it right). Reports said that one of the gasoline containers was leaking into the powdered aluminum supply and that only one charge ignited. So, we can conclude that the wet aluminum did not make it into the air as it was supposed to and that the initiation chain was broken somewhere causing only one gasoline charge to explode therefore what actually happened was a single gasoline charge exploded and burned the powdered aluminum in place instead of igniting the atmosphere in the room. Essentially, the woman set herself on fire with a huge firecracker soaked in gas. Bomb experts were confused as to why only one charge exploded when they couldn't find a good reason for a break in the chain....not because it was a miracle.
edit on 15-9-2012 by brackforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

We now know that cetaceans have an amazingly wide repertoire of sounds, from the infrasound calls of humpbacks and blue whales to the supersonic echo-location clicks used by dolphins and other toothed whales. I don't think this was widely known back in the Cold War days. It's possible that the 'quackers' were some species of cetacean. As for the apparent speed of movement calculated by Doppler shift, that assumes the source is emitting sound at a constant frequency. That need not be the case; and whale calls, as a matter of fact, often do rise and fall in frequency. Maybe that's what those brave Soviet submariners were hearing.

By the way, are there any reports of American or British submariners hearing these sounds?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
So part 2 and 3 are going to have their own threads? Shameless attempt to gather as many flags as possible, perhaps?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by shyster
has anyone heard of the oak island mystery its worth a look

Can you post some info on it? Of course I can google it but google is less and less reliable as time goes by. If you had solid links that would be cool.

And everyone else yes the OP was great. But please, I cannot STAND to read 5 pages of replies that do nothing but say "great post". There is really nothing more frustrating when you are hoping for more information and debate on the original topic. Bumping should be banned.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by brackforce

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
I can answer the number #4 on the best I can.

If it was a bomb, then there must of been a trigger, so because the trigger went off prematurely that means something, or someone, just made the connection that said, "Blow up." It did, but at the same time, made it's power not as great, kind of like a heavy metal bowl over a bomb. But if the theory is correct, then it was kind of like a shield with holes.

Theory one, complete.

Theory two, That must be some serious construction work right there, school designed to withstand that kind of brute force, nice!

Oh, will you also include the Zone of Silence?
edit on 14-9-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

I honestly don't understand what you are trying to say in "theory one" but I can tell you why the bomb didn't work. I am trained in demolitions and explosives and know what effect the bomb maker was going for. That story interested me, too, so I did a little bit of digging and found that there were, in fact, 5 charges (bombs) daisy-chained together and that it involved gasoline and powdered aluminum. The way this is supposed to work is as follows: The trigger sets off a booster which fills the air with the powdered aluminum while igniting the gasoline. This causes the powdered aluminum to ignite and instantly consume all of the oxygen in the air which will cause the building/room to collapse. It's a very efficient way to destroy things with minimal material required (if you know how to do it right). Reports said that one of the gasoline containers was leaking into the powdered aluminum supply and that only one charge ignited. So, we can conclude that the wet aluminum did not make it into the air as it was supposed to and that the initiation chain was broken somewhere causing only one gasoline charge to explode therefore what actually happened was a single gasoline charge exploded and burned the powdered aluminum in place instead of igniting the atmosphere in the room. Essentially, the woman set herself on fire with a huge firecracker soaked in gas. Bomb experts were confused as to why only one charge exploded when they couldn't find a good reason for a break in the chain....not because it was a miracle.
edit on 15-9-2012 by brackforce because: (no reason given)

Can you see the powered aluminum or are the particles too small to detect? Does it have a distinct smell? Is there another particle, that, if released at the same time - would negate the effects? Maybe you can tell where I am going here. (A way to minimize the damage from these types of explosives).

Very cool info - thanks. I guess that's one mystery solved. I'd chalk the angelic visions up to a mass hysteria- type of event - so X-File solved, Mulder.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by Sublimecraft

dude dont be a d*ck just post all of them i am highly interested in this thread and with how the worlds going i want to hear the whole list before the world goes to sh*t

Oh caml down already, the world is not ending tomorrow or the day after that. You have time. Patients is a virtue.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shyster
has anyone heard of the oak island mystery its worth a look

Which oak island? My sister lives on Oak Island in North Carolina but I am guessing that that is not the oak island you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by brackforce

That sounds more like it. A wet powder aluminum, wouldn't that make it into a kind of paste, but still a powder state once dried?

So the whole angel thing, was just some beings saying, "Everything is going to be alright." When, by luck, the most important element in the demo job is wet, which will ruin the whole deal.

Thanks for the facts and experience.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

It's called a "dust initiator charge" and there are many ways to do it. You can even use mundane substances like ground coffee or flour. The key is setting up the charge to do the right thing at the right time so that the aluminum, flour, or whatever you're using fills the room and ignites during the explosion and consumes all of the oxygen in the atmosphere. Yes, you can see the particles and it's just an advanced demolition technique with nothing super secret about it. Substances like powdered aluminum can be used in improvised explosives and was probably chosen for it's incendiary qualities, but if you try to build a bomb out of stuff like that you have to know how to package it properly as well as how to initiate it. If not packaged properly and used in the wrong way, that sort of stuff will not explode. It will only catch fire or just be scattered throughout the area without doing anything at all. If you were to say, make a pipe-bomb sort of charge with the aluminum and didn't seal it right then you would not have the pressure required for the explosion. In this instance, you don't want it sealed because you need it to fill the room before ignition, but apparently the lunatics who created the device had something set-up wrong this time. Also, the point I was making with the wet aluminum is that it wasn't able to fill the room since it was too heavy and most likely just caught fire and burned where it sat.
I did a quick google search for a reference for you to look at and this is the first thing that popped up:
expendableelite.com...

The dust-initiator charge was an exciting, even awesome special demolition technique designed for specific targets, such as was the case in the design and target application for most special demolition techniques. We were trained using a railroad boxcar as the vehicle for demonstrating the unbelievable as the railroad boxcar became a bomb, a very big bomb! The use of incendiary impregnated oat, wheat or rye grain, sawdust or similar absorbing type material, and a small but powerful explosive device whose primary purpose was to fill the air within the confined space (in this instance a boxcar). It could be an office, warehouse, or house, etc. and a separate charge would be triggered to ignite the incendiary laden material to cause a considerable amount of death and destruction if used in the right place at the right time. We were all convinced of that fact as students when that boxcar located a few hundred yards to our front was detonated and blown &part as if it were a cracker box.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The school room does not look "completely burned out" in the picture it looks hardly touched by fire.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Yea, because the charge didn't work. All that seems to have happened is a very small booster charge went off and ignited some of the aluminum and gasoline surrounding the woman which set her on fire. When the booster exploded it turned the housing it was in to shrapnel which peppered some of the room. It wouldn't do a whole lot of damage. Then again, I wasn't there and have no idea what actually happened. I'm just telling you how I see it based on the info presented. I don't see it as a miracle in any way.
I'll also note that I don't believe in angelic beings and highly doubt that anyone there saw anything paranormal. I'm sure in retrospect they invented quite a bit that didn't actually happen (not necessarily on purpose), which is typically the case in many traumatic events. It's very interesting how stories change over time and the story tellers often believe that their fabrications are reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join