It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-Files (Part 1 of 3)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the read I will be looking foward to the next installment.
I am from Adelaide and have read about the Taman Shud Case in a couple of books.
One of the books has some of the news paper clippings about the case the main theory's was that he may have been a spy for the Germans that would exain why the clothing tags might have been missing. They were saying in the book that both us and the German spy's took the tags off cloths because the brands would be a dead give away that he came from Germany. It was also what the did with a lot of the clothing they took from the jews
I don't know if that is fact or not but I remember think of all the theory's that that one made the most seance

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If you want a link, just google all the stuff thats quoted..?
Im sure it wouldnt be that hard to find the link.

Im surprised this thread has so many s/f. Its just the same stories rehashed on this site. And its all copy/pasted.
Isnt there some rule about this?

And so if I am aware of these and many more stories that are also on google - its google that has the ownership?

Get a grip pal - go ahead and partake in your link-fest.

I care not............

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Don't let him ruffle your feathers Sublimecraft. We are enjoying having all these mysterious stories consolidated in one thread, where we can discuss them and your presentation is great....

Des

]
edit on 14-9-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
wow! great thread! i'm hooked! doin a bit of investigating into the "Taman Shud" case, found a great site from the university of adelaide which outlines alot of myths surrounding the case www.eleceng.adelaide.edu.au...

also of quick note is the Australian psychadelic prog band "Tamam Shud" formed in sydney in 1967
"The band's name might be related to one of two things: first, it is the closing word of Omar Khayyam Rubayyat, and this phrase (Tamam Shud) was found in a very rare edition of Fitzgeralld's translation. or it could be a reference to the Taman Shud Case, a famous unsolved Australian mystery involving a poisoned man."

will look into the rest as time goes on, this may be the start of something truley awesome for me THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU!!!

love, light, and all that crap....

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
I've been away from the Wife & kids for 4 weeks and only arrived home yesterday

Welcome home, Sublime.

Fascinating read! I had forgotten about the bloop (I barely remember hearing about it when it happened) and Taman Shud. Cokeville is a new mystery to me.

Looking forward to the next installment.

J

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ah Des.........words of wisdom, as always

give me a couple of hours and part 2 will be posted - got the lions share out of the way last night.

(albeit with a hangover - friends are bad - beer good)
edit on 14-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffer44

S&F This is why I came here in the first place, we need more threads like this, and tomorrow can't get here fast enough!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

You're on your fourth beer ...and you are unable to complete a task like this? Lightweights.

Seriously I like this kind of stuff too, this is what ATS is all about (like the guy will say that post right after me next, ..I hate politics too, future poster)
edit on 14-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
See, now, aside from the episodic content
, this is what ATS is for.

I'm sick and tired of 90% political topic, S&F circle jerks where the same 30 people argue pointlessly about dem/rep/usa/israel over and over and over...

Focus on the strange, the off kilter, spark the mind and wonderment rather than the argument.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The bloop is neat, but IMHO, there is a cooler one that used to harass the subs with high speed passes... As far as I know these were never explained, though it's possible that it was cold war military toy of some type:

10 unexplained sounds
Quacker
“Quackers” are mysterious sounds, similar to a frog noise, widely reported by the crews of Soviet Navy submarines from various parts of the North Atlantic and Arctic Oceans during the peak of the Cold War, as well as their assumed sources. They are an example of Unidentified Submerged Objects. During the Cold War, when Soviet ballistic missile submarines went to patrol northern seas, their crews started reporting the mysterious frog-like sounds, which soon were dubbed “quackers”, from the Russian rendition of a frog noise. These sounds appeared when submarines passed certain zones in the sea, and behaved as if they were emitted by some moving underwater object, which, however, failed to register on the active sonar. When the sub left their “patrol zone”, the objects disappeared after emitting one final “quack”. These objects exhibited behavior not unlike some living being or manned vessel, showing obvious interest in the passing submarine, circling around it, trying to actively avoid sonar pulses, and so on. The speed of some of these objects (estimated from Doppler shift of their sound frequency) was in the range of 200 km/h, much higher than any then-known man-made vessel. Contact was attempted on several occasions, but, apart from some obvious reactions to these attempts such as changing the pitch of the sounds or movement of the apparent sound source), nothing came of it.

Quacker
The peak of quacker observations occurred at the end of the 1970s, when the areas where the sounds appeared started to multiply and spread over from the Barents Sea to other areas including the North Sea and the North Atlantic in general. The Soviet Academy of Sciences was invited to create a joint commission with the representatives of the Navy, as this phenomenon was identified as a potential national security risk. This commission worked for about a decade, but despite extensive investigations results remained inconclusive, and it was eventually disbanded. In the 1980s the phenomenon slowly faded, and now quackers may have disappeared completely.[3]

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Really a video in Russian??
-second line-

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
This is my favorite part of the "Bloop" thing....

"Bloop was heard at 50° S 100° W.
In H. P. Lovecraft's "The Call of Cthulhu", R'lyeh, the sunken tomb of Cthulhu is located at S. Latitude 47°9', W. Longitude l23°43!"

I bet cryptozoologists tell each other this story at night around the campfire just to freak each other out.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This! Things like this is why I still frequent ATS despite all the nonsense. Star and flag, sir. I am ready to continue when you are. Enjoy those brews, cheers!

edit on 14-9-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

overcome with a feeling of weariness and oppression. Soon, they began to notice things that were out of place -- dignified officials in three cornered hats, an old plough and farmhouse, and other people and things that appeared as through they belonged more in a wax museum than the streets of 20th century Paris.

Sounds a lot like the effects of derivatives of Lyseric Acid and of Ergotamine. Not saying its the answer just a possibility.

Also Like to add great job on the research and presentation really interesting information

edit on 14-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I've been watching a lot of Fringe lately, and all of this is awfuly familiar! It's really creepy.
I'll be looking forward for the next parts, OP. Great material.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

What does it matter? It is entertaining, is it not? Lighten up, this website isn't supposed to be a stars and flag competition. Who cares? Why the negativity?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by VonDoomen

What does it matter? It is entertaining, is it not? Lighten up, this website isn't supposed to be a stars and flag competition. Who cares? Why the negativity?

That's just it, i've been surfing this forum for close to ten years, and this place has been on a steady decline the last 5 years solid. It's nothing but politics and S&F competitions. Whoever links the most stories and starts the most empty-headed arguments wins.

Frankly, I missed the boat in my timing of contribution. It seems all for nothing these days here.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I am honored that you have acknowledged this my friend.

I have been intrigued by your personal story that you touched on a few weeks back.

No lightweight - my 4th was completed by 2pm my time - now sporting a hangover that is almost gone thanks to the "hair of the dog"

God bless beer - proof he loves me and wants me to be happy!

Part 2 posted here

Part 2
edit on 14-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
SF You've got my attention. Do you think we can get it around coffee time?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join