It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah free speech is important, unless you use it to deny the holocaust, then it's illegal. And the Muslim Brotherhood didn't use the word "demand", that was inserted by the Times of Israel when they spun their headline.
If free speech is good then it is good for everyone not just Zionists.
edit on 13-9-2012 by abdel because: speeling mistak

Are you nuts? Why bother denying the holocaust, when it never happened to begin with! That's like denying Kim Kardashian's PhD! Not worth the effort unless you're trying to make a joke of yourself!

NOW - see who you can get to arrest me for saying that. Good luck. I'll wait right here for the handcuffs.

Muslim Brotherhood doesn't have to use the WORD "demand" to MAKE a demand.

edit on 2012/9/14 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

In your case Margarita, I wish I was the Muslim Brotherhood.

And no, I don't think it was a hoax.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Without the “criminalization of assaults on the sanctities of all heavenly religions,” the Muslim Brotherhood warned on Thursday, insults to Islam “will continue to cause devout Muslims across the world to suspect and even loathe the West, especially the USA.”

I might be a bit more compassionate regarding their position if their statement was reflected by their actions.

“criminalization of assaults on the sanctities of all heavenly religions,”

See that part regarding all heavenly religions? Well their protests included replacing the American flag with a banner stating “There is no God but Allah.”, In my opinion they are ignoring the sanctities of all other heavenly religions.

Source

In Iraq on Thursday, hundreds of Shiite followers of the anti-American cleric Muqtada al-Sadr demanded the closure of the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad because of the film. Protesters burned American flags and carried banners reading, “We reject the attack on the Prophet Muhammad. “No, no, to Israel! No, no to America!” thousands shouted in the Shiite stronghold of Sadr City in northeast Baghdad. “`Yes, yes for Messenger of God.”

I personally would not promote or participate in outright overtly insulting another s religious belief's, and from what I saw of the video it was derogatory and just bad. But this was not a video put out by the US Government it was a small group of people who do not share my views regarding respecting others faiths. It certainly had nothing at all to do with the people that were killed over it.

I would like to thank those Muslims who spoke out against the reaction to this video and understood it did not speak for all US Citizens.

I personally would like to make a plea to people of all religious belief systems. The majority of religious belief systems, definitely the Judea-Christian and Muslim sects are explicitly tied to and seated in faith. Although there are ancient texts that have maintained a level of consistency regarding each belief system and people can actually travel to the destinations on earth described therein, those elements no matter how revered do not provide tangible touchable proof of God, Jesus or Allah's existence. (and I'm willing to bet that if someone on the street walked up to you claiming to be one of those entities people would be calling the men in their little white coats for him) Faith is core to all of these belief systems and faith is something that cannot be forced on someone. You might be able to force someone to act as if they had faith in the same belief system as you, but that does not do them any good in so far as instilling faith in them. That is something each must come to on their own.

Once one has grown to accept and place their faith in a belief system the hold on to it tightly. We see this in threads all of the time, people proclaiming their faith and no matter what arguments are thrown at them their faith remains unshakeable.which is as it should be. But this is also where problems arise, each tightly holding to their faith that what they believe is the one and only way to truth and salvation trying to convince each other to give up their tightly held faith and adopt another. It just doesn't work that way, because true faith is something so deeply meaningful to the one holding it, that other faiths are wrong in their eyes. I would liken it to someone trying to take away a mother's beloved infant and replace it with someone else's totally different child.

Throughout history people have battled and fought over issues of faith, seemingly never getting the idea that faith can't be forced it must be accepted willingly or it does not exist. Now determining who has got it right and who has got it wrong is a matter that is unlikely to be revealed to any of us until we actually cross that bridge and pass from our existence here on earth to whatever awaits us after. And you know what, maybe that is the way things were meant to be. So this is my plea to people of all belief systems, keep these things in mind when confronted by someone with a differing belief system, just as you feel your faith is the one true way and would not convert to their belief's for anything because you have faith in your beliefs, they are feeling the very same about their faith. Forcing someone to adopt mannerisms of your faith when they have not accepted that faith doesn't do anything to "save them" based on your faith, it only serves to make you more comfortable and them less. In a nutshell, understand what has gone into your faith and how unwilling you would be to just throw it away on the whim of someone else and respect that others have the same ties to their faith.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Western civilization should demand Islam criminalize moronic nonsensical demands

Western civilization should demand Islam criminalize Islamic Extremism.

They did in Egypt, and look how THAT turned out!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
A solo western guy (me) replies with the following message:

Non-muslims should not be expected to bend over to your farcical, out-dated and largely childish requests. If the muslim brotherhood is going to kick up a fuss every time Mohammed or Allah is mentioned out of context, then that's not our fault.

Learn to take a joke.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The Establishment Clause is the first of several pronouncements in the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, stating:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

In this world there is no such thing as islam, so I suppose they should just go back to protesting and killing people.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
We're not in your lame religion. We don't care about it, hell we dont even care about you. Go crawl back under your rocks because this world isn't about to change for ya. If we no longer have room for Christianity what makes you think allah stands a chance

edit on 14-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

O.K. change "holocaust" to "'n-word'". An abhorrent word I know, but why is the latin name for black illegal to use?
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: freedom of speech won't let be say n1gger

It's not illegal. In poor taste, but not illegal.

There are no illegal words in the US.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Appreciate the post....
But .... Good grief ! The cognitive dissonance within every statement these people make as opposed to their actions is simply outstanding in the gravity of hypocrisy.... The blackhole of positive outcomes based on Islam and the singularity of war and hate. The Hornet Nest has been duly kicked and the hosts are hostile. Is there a Hotel on the Moon or Mars by chance?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

They read the word DEMAND and immediately think of violent intent by Muslims if they don't get their way.

I don't know about you, but for myself a demand is just a demand. I generally ignore them, if not laugh outright. I take my cues for "violent intent" from the violent demonstrations ongoing at the moment. It's way too easy for The Brotherhood to gin these folks emotions up to a violent fever pitch by judicious use of the propaganda you decry.

Words are just words. Bricks thrown are not.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The Muslim Brotherhood says Western nations should outlaw anti-Islamic material and at the same time preserve freedom of speech.

How is that possible?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How does an "international terrorist organization" have its own website?

The US has no issues with assassinations, kidnapping, secret prisons, torture, lie based wars for profit, even killing its own citizens but this alleged terrorist website is allowed to operate without issue?

I wonder if they have the same webmaster as the Al-CIAeda web sites.

Come on people, wake up.

edit on 14-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I have just been watching Sky news & China news and Russia Today, wow the talk is really hot on Muslim situation today, there are good/bad on both sides of this fight, we have been seen as lovey dovey to Muslims, even when they chopped our friends heads off, burnt our flags, we have in the UK had to tone our Xmas & Easter things down so we don't upset Muslims, our Scgools are not able to hold morning services in Churches just in case we upset them.
No sorry but it is time to either just love them and allow our Countries to become Muslim as the Muslims want, or stand firm, get shut of them and send them home where they belong, most I talk to these days want them to be left in peace, in the Countrys they have (About 68% of earths land) and let us get on with our way of life.
Our familys went through wars to allow us free speech, we treasure that today, if they do not want our ways, go, go now.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How about western countries criminalizing the barbaric ways of Sharia law?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
The great thing about america is that we have free speech. The Muslim Brotherhood can demand all they want. Aint gonna change a thing.

It's only a matter of time, our rights have slowly been eroding, there is a big switcheroo maybe not in my life time, but slowly but surely, the shining city on the hills lights are getting dimmer, we have been infiltrated by those that wish to destroy us, and it starts at the top.

See above post.
edit on 093030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Have you not noticed the increase in anti-Muslim news items lately?

Its hard to know what "kind" of Muslim represents the whole.

Levels of Islamic Belief

a Muslim is an adherent of Islam, someone who surrenders their will to God.

a portion of Muslims are Islamists, who believe the best government is a totalitarian Islamic caliphate.

a portion of Sunni Islamists are Salafists, or revivalists who believe there is only one right way to do things, like accomplish total global domination.

a portion of Sunni Jihadists are Takfiris, who believe in covert warfare and immigration as a weapon for the purpose of killing or enslaving non-Muslims as well as other Muslims who do not subscribe to their narrow world view.

a portion of all Muslims are Jihadists, who believe violence is necessary to satisfy an obligation justified by prophetic command or textual interpretation.

ISLAMIC EXTREMISM AND JIHADISM

To make matters worse, some of those categories overlap, enhancing the confusion amongst westerners. For example, a Salafist can also be a Jihadist or a Takfirist. One is an agreement as to objective, the other is an agreement as to means to reach that objective. AQ and the Muslim Brotherhood are both Salafists, but one espouses direct action, and the other political action. they have the same goals, different means to reaching them. On the surface, they seem to be at odds, but there is a whole lot of cooperation going on behind the scenes.

I personally would categorize them as two arms of the same movement - a political arm and a military one.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

The Muslim Brotherhood says Western nations should outlaw anti-Islamic material and at the same time preserve freedom of speech.

Their statement included references to laws that condemn anti-Holocaust materials.

The statement also condemns violence against US interests.

Hmmm. How "Politicized" is the statement?

Statement condemns violence against US interests, says free speech should not extend to acts of ‘barbaric aggression’ that humiliate all Muslims

Without the “criminalization of assaults on the sanctities of all heavenly religions,” the Muslim Brotherhood warned on Thursday, insults to Islam “will continue to cause devout Muslims across the world to suspect and even loathe the West, especially the USA.”

The remarks were part of a statement posted on the English-language website of the Brotherhood in response to a trailer for a new film, which the Egyptian ruling party says is insulting to Islam........

Link to the Muslim Brotherhood statement:

One and a half billion Muslims are subjected to humiliation and abuse in the person of their leader, Mohammed, the Messenger of God, the Prophet of Islam, of mercy and good tidings for the whole world.

With the message of God, Islam, Prophet Mohammed pulled peoples out of the abyss of backwardness and barbarism to the heights of sophistication and honorable humanity.
He lit the pathways of progress and human thought for all mankind, with pure faith in the one God, belief in all Messengers without distinction or discrimination, full respect and reverence for all Prophets......

The West has passed and imposed laws that punish those who deny or express dissident views on the Holocaust or question the number of Jews killed by Hitler, a topic which is purely historical, not a sacred doctrine.

Muslim Brotherhood Statement on Anti-Islam Film

Are there any laws in Muslim countries against anti "other" religious things?

Then the U.S. needs to demand justice for the East that have performed 'criminalized assaults' on Americans based on their religion. My religion says ... "An Eye for and Eye and a Tooth for a Tooth" yet all we see is an apology for U.S. policies.

It's not OK to kill our people as it's not OK to kill your people, but if you force our hand with force, you should be dealt with the same force. Not an apology.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can demand that all women are given breast implants and required to walk around topless. Doesnt mean its going to happen. I know thats a ridiculous statement and thats about how much weight their "demand" is going to hold

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
And another thing...I don't see Islamic countries criminalizing mass public demonstrations that involve chanting "Death to America", or "Death to Israel", or "Death to the UK", or whichever western country is the flavor of the month.

Seriously, where the # does the Muslim Brotherhood get off making such a ridiculous request given all the hatred that is bred towards western nations in Islamic countries?

The Muslim Brotherhood and anyone who supports them can take that request and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
edit on 14-9-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I don't mean to be that guy but if they want us to criminalize that then we should criminalize sharia law, the burka, the niqab, the hijab, mosks and kirpans. Why not. When we go over there our women have to abide, right? Then when they come here they should abide as well. Don't you think?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join