It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Brotherhood website demands that West criminalize ‘assaults’ on Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I totally agree, violence should never be acceptable. It seems to me, however, that the game is biased against Muslims. I know that many are crazy extremists but I also know that these idiots are easy targets for foreign government interference, there is a war coming, before any fighting war comes the propaganda war and that propaganda war is in full swing. Do not take anything at face value, research everything and you will find propaganda everywhere. Be prepared for more embassy attacks and Muslim protests, when these false flags stop, the shooting war will start.(and of course it will be the evil Muslims fault).

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yeah free speech is important, unless you use it to deny the holocaust, then it's illegal. And the Muslim Brotherhood didn't use the word "demand", that was inserted by the Times of Israel when they spun their headline.
If free speech is good then it is good for everyone not just Zionists.
edit on 13-9-2012 by abdel because: speeling mistak
maybe I missed it, but I've never seen a law that says you can't say the holocaust didn't happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You ever been to Germany?
Anyway this story is not about free speech, which everyone agrees with, it's about war propaganda

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

You ever been to Germany?
Anyway this story is not about free speech, which everyone agrees with, it's about war propaganda

Maybe you missed the part where I said "in america we have free speech". I don't care what other countries allow. In america, we have free speech. We will not amend our constitution because the muslim brotherhoods wants us to.

War propaganda? Good lord

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

O.K. change "holocaust" to "'n-word'". An abhorrent word I know, but why is the latin name for black illegal to use?
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: freedom of speech won't let be say n1gger

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

O.K. change "holocaust" to "'n-word'". An abhorrent word I know, but why is the latin name for black illegal to use?

Sorry, not illegal to say that word in america. Try again. Or better yet, educate yourself about what you are speaking of.

And for the record, the latin word for black is negro. Not the word you are reffering to.
edit on 14-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

actually, it's not illegal to use in the proper context, ask any of my neighbors.

hurled as an insult or inflamatory speech or derrogatory in some manner is/can be prosecuted as a crime.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

O.k. I don't want my poor knowledge of Latin to derail this thread, the main point I was making is the use of the word "demand" by the newspaper originally quoted. Not anywhere does it imply anyone demanded anything. This to me is another example of spinning words to get a false message across to the sheep.They read the word DEMAND and immediately think of violent intent by Muslims if they don't get their way. I don't blame Westerners for believing this crap, if I was force feed bullsh1t all my life I would probably believe it to.
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: superfluous pronoun

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

O.k. I don't want my poor knowledge of Latin to derail this thread, the main point I was making is the use of the word "demand" by the newspaper originally quoted. Not anywhere does it imply anyone demanded anything. This to me is another example of spinning words to get a false message across to the sheep.They read the word DEMAND and immediately think of violent intent by Muslims if they don't get their way. I don't blame Westerners for believing this crap, if I was force feed bullsh1t all my life I would probably believe it to.
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: superfluous pronoun

Quickly changing your tune I see.

No one thinks they are going to respond with violence if they don't get there way. At least, no one with a brain. Those of us with a brain just laugh at the notion that the muslim brotherhood might influence our laws. The idea is downright stupid, and for them to even suggest (forget the word demand). That we do is stupid as well.

Sorry, is that "war propaganda"?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If I changed my tune please clarify and we can return to it.

Have you not noticed the increase in anti-Muslim news items lately? The increase in anti-Muslim youtube vids
The virulent posts on sites such as Jihad Watch (one of my favourite comedy sites).
All this sh1t happened in the ghettoes of Poland and Germany just before ww2. demonise those you are about to murder so the world will look the other way when the slaughter begins.
History repeating itself.
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: erronious past participle

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

If I changed my tune please clarify and we can return to it.

Have you not noticed the increase in anti-Muslim news items lately? The increase in anti-Muslim youtube vids
The virulent posts on sites such as Jihad Watch (one of my favourite comedy sites).
All this sh1t happened in the ghettoes of Poland and Germany just before ww2. demonise those you are about to murder so the world will look the other way when the slaughter begins.
History repeating itself.
edit on 14-9-2012 by abdel because: erronious past participle

Lately? Been going on for quite a while, actually. As has anti-iranian sentiment. You are right , there is plenty of it out there.

Then again, your comparing america to nazi germany, and the other things you have said, is anti-american
sentiment, is it not? Pot...kettle....you know the rest.

And again, the bottom line here, is that america will not change its core values because the muslim brotherhood suggests we should. Too bad, so sad.

edit on 14-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Hey! I never, nor ever will, compare Nazi Germany to the U.S.of A. I am not one of those people who blame America for their politicians actions.
Please feel free to have the last word, in my democratic house-hold it's my turn to fetch the water. Be back later.
Peace Abdel

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

latin ?? ok man, whatever

did you read the posted piece ?? if so, did you skip this part or just miss it on purpose ?

Without the “criminalization of assaults on the sanctities of all heavenly religions,” the Muslim Brotherhood warned on Thursday, insults to Islam “will continue to cause devout Muslims across the world to suspect and even loathe the West, especially the USA.”

i understand your point, the propaganda wheel isn't gonna stop turning or churning out as much BS as it possibly can ... however, the MB does often make such demands and this is one that would fall in-line with their doctrine, so, it really isn't out of line for the publication to indicate such in the title.

it is up to the reader to read between the lines, sad that so very many don't.

in this quote, how would you comprehend "must not be tolerated" ??
[would you consider such language a demand ?]
i would.

Islam guarantees all people freedom of belief and freedom of opinion and expression, the statement said, but these freedoms should not extend to attacks on Islam.

“They are crimes and assaults against Muslim sanctities and must not be tolerated by the countries where they are produced or launched.”

If tolerance is key, as we're told, then, where's the tolerance on their side of the fence ??

and, i would suppose this doesn't apply to the Christians amongst them, eh ??

but asserted that Muslim peoples and governments had the right to peacefully and legally condemn “this new violation and heinous attack” — a reference to the film — and “to take appropriate action to deter repeats of such acts of barbaric aggression.”

i wonder, how would the MB respond if the other religious extremists in that region responded in similar fashion.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Hey! I never, nor ever will, compare Nazi Germany to the U.S.of A. I am not one of those people who blame America for their politicians actions.
Please feel free to have the last word, in my democratic house-hold it's my turn to fetch the water. Be back later.
Peace Abdel

You just did compare america to the nazis. You said we are doing the same things that they did. That is comparing my friend.

The truth is, there is far more anti-american sentiment out there than anyone wants to admit. But its considered ok, because we are the big bad west. Why is that?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Have you not noticed the increase in anti-Muslim news items lately?

Its hard to know what "kind" of Muslim represents the whole.

Levels of Islamic Belief

a Muslim is an adherent of Islam, someone who surrenders their will to God.

a portion of Muslims are Islamists, who believe the best government is a totalitarian Islamic caliphate.

a portion of Sunni Islamists are Salafists, or revivalists who believe there is only one right way to do things, like accomplish total global domination.

a portion of Sunni Jihadists are Takfiris, who believe in covert warfare and immigration as a weapon for the purpose of killing or enslaving non-Muslims as well as other Muslims who do not subscribe to their narrow world view.

a portion of all Muslims are Jihadists, who believe violence is necessary to satisfy an obligation justified by prophetic command or textual interpretation.

ISLAMIC EXTREMISM AND JIHADISM

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
i think this is hilarious , they can draw offensive symbols on their doors, and then
pretend they are a victim of a hate crime. call every one that doesnt kiss their arses a , whats the islamic version anti-semite? if there are stupid laws that protect other whiny groups of people there should be one covering everyone. I cant wait for the same laws to cover conspiracy theorists.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Originally posted by xuenchen

Are there any laws in Muslim countries against anti "other" religious things?

Actually, yeah, there are. I dunno if anyone else noticed it, but back when The Da Vinci Code (the movie) came out, some muslim countries, Pakistan included, banned it, as it was considered offensive to their christian minority. Hilariously enough they never banned the book...but then again, Pakistan only has about a 50% literacy rate.

In fact, many of the muslim majority countries with these so-called "Blasphemy laws" have them cover all religions, which makes sense, considering they were usually inherited from their colonial rulers (in Pakistan's case, the British).

Of course, in practice, while Pakistan would never dream of denigrating some other religions associated persons or deity, it seems to have no problem oppressing the adherents of those religions.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I find it Ironic, that the Muslim Brotherhood can make such grand demands. Don't be surprised, if one day the UN is used to push the Agenda, to criminalize anyone that speaks badly, of Islam.

I also remember keenly, what The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, said about Jerusalem.

Jerusalem to become Egypt's capital under Mursi's rule.

Brandish your weapons......Say your Prayers.

Which part of Islam, shall the rest of the World believe ?

The one proclaiming Peace? Or the one Brandishing weapons, and becoming Martyrs?

edit on 14-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Trolling the hatebeards with short (sometimes poorly directed) films, it never gets old.
And the thing is, the whole YouTube is full of movies of people pissing/burning degrading the Koran, what's the formula to get them completely mad?..could make a nice hobby out of it

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Did you ever wonder why as a religious group they are so insecure in their god that they get totally offended at anyone else opinion? ? ? ?

Sad if you ask me. I would think if one truly believed in their god and religion that the opinions of others would not sway them or upset them, because they would be secure enough that their faith would allow them to be confident.

I find it sad that as a religion they are so insecure that anyone that says anything about their god they freak out.

I have my belief's, and really could give a S### what anyone else thinks.

Is confidence in ones self really that scares now days?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join