It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70,000 Dead In Darfour Since March !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
70,000 DEAD IN DARFOUR SINCE MARCH

New info.

It is sad that the UN is not stopping this, same as Bosnia, wait the US will take care of it and we can blame them for Imperialism. Typical.

LONDON [MENL] -- The United Nations has assessed that at least 70,000 people have died or been killed in Sudan's Darfour province since March 2004.

The World Health Organization identified the casualties as those driven from their homes in Darfour over the last year. Many of the Darfour residents were said to have been killed in attacks by state-sponsored Arab militias.

"A significant percentage of deaths -- even between June and August 2004 -- is associated with violence, though its origins and nature have not been determined," the report, released at the agency's headquarters in Geneva, said.

The report, released on Oct. 15, said up to 15 percent of the casualties in the refugee camps were killed by the regime-aligned Janjaweed militia. The rest of the Darfour residents, said to have been black Christians, died from disease, including diarrhea, fever and respiratory ailments.

menewsline.com...

Alleged Bad people supposedly killing alleged Good people in African country and where is the UN ?

A Christian viewpoint..........Be it moslems or christians, this crap has to be stopped and soon. Did we not learn with the Rwandan Genocide in 1994?

It�s another see-through on the part of Muslim zealots who give their souls to Allah�s dictate to kill all non-Muslims. Moderate Muslims who do not comply are considered traitors and open to death. Obviously Christians are a prime target of those wedded to the Koran�s dictums to do away with non-Muslims global.

In Sudan the slaughter goes on to lengths that are most difficult to report. Blood oozes into the ground. Houses are burnt. Churches are leveled. Women are raped. Children left without families are among those baited for the slice through. There is no prejudice when it comes to the Muslim blade. It cuts through all who stand in the way of Allah's mission.

bushcountry.org...

[edit on 15-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The UN? They are sitting around with their thumb up their arse - what else is new

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   
what is ANYBODY doing?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I guess your answer would be to bomb the whole country into submission.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I think this is an excellent opportunity for France, Germany , and Canada to use their troops and their money to bring order to the Sudan.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The UN? They are sitting around with their thumb up their arse - what else is new

do you really think sudan takes a sh*t about the UN
when the USA doesnt take a sh*t its self

[edit on 15-10-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
What I have to say I will make brief and will not elaberate on again because I dont what to start some kind of holy war here on ats

What kind of religion truely of God endorses genocide, I mean the thought of religious purity and racial purity seems to be the Hitler syndrome at it purest point ....there are no master races we are poor s.o.bs just trying to do the best we can to serve our Moral and Religious and Community obligations and get through this damndable existance in the most acceptable way possible .....

but where do people get off saying Allah's law of racial and spiritual purity through extermination is holy..... please give me a break ... as a theology student I have never come across a God that is the base figure of any religion that is as the one described by the New Day Muslim and Islamic Radicals I see now .....

virtually all religions of quote a holy and good God , state one fundemental truth do not harm others show compassion for those whom you dont like but defend yourself when needed ....what these iodiotic radicals are doing is not defense its genocide and murder guised in the form of spiritual faith....wake up people these are the darkersides tactics ....

I mean only evil intent is present in a person who wishes to do stupid things as suicide ...homicide ...beheadings...murder...assasination...killing their own people as traitors etc.... these are the actions of an evil devil cult who for political reasons are hiding behind a God of peace,love, and justice to do the wok of the devil....

for only the devil no matter the religion that is in use is the only fool that would say killing in this or any manor other than defense and in some caseses not even killing as a defensive measure is correct...what idiot woke up and decided to be Hitler or Stallin and has dilusions that their view is right for the world and for even more important God

give me a break evil has won the day when people like this are beleived to be holy even my Muslim and Islamic associates who study with me in the theology classes say these guys who claim to be men of Allah have in fact even betrayed their own God

they try to justify it by extracting a bit here and a bit there from their respective religious scriptures and jumbeling it up and rewriting its meaning to justify there present activities last time I checked the Islamic and Muslim scriptures neither said go blow up kids and innocents so the righteous might of my will be done

these idiots are using children as young as 8 years old to shoot , bomb, and mame the innocent no God no matter what religion says kill your own children by using them to kill others till they get killed themselves this Islam this Muslim is a shame to their respective Gods as well as God father of Jesus Christ who in fact sent his son to grow to manhood to lay his life down for us without harm coming to others in order to save our soles so give it up you guys (you know who you are) you who kill for the sake of killing and hide behind words of love peace and salvation no matter what name the religion has......

[edit on 15/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

And when they pull it out to do something the US stops them with their wonderful veto power (TM)!

Also to the "question didn't we learn something from Rwanda":

What was there to learn? That the apparant de-population program for Africa is working just nicely?

I have to not the tone of the topic title, i have no clue if it was intentional but when you read it you get this feeling if it wasn't CHRISTIANS being killed it would not have been posted.

But like I said the motive of the topic poster are not for me to know.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Corinthas

I dont necessarily agree with the Christain conspired motives you seem to place here the simple fact is a great majority are Christain deaths and that should no more be deminished than an athiest and Godless society being wiped out the simple fact of the matter is genocide and religious purification are abomdable excersises and that they are a miscarry of any concept of rights and justices despite the lable of those being executed that is a better interpritation of the thread than your contrived theory of Christian conspiracy

[edit on 15/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
A Christian viewpoint..........Be it moslems or christians, this crap has to be stopped and soon. Did we not learn with the Rwandan Genocide in 1994?

From what I understand the UN is being careful not to refer to it as genocide, since that would legally require action on its part.
The US should just take care of it.

It�s another see-through on the part of Muslim zealots who give their souls to Allah�s dictate to kill all non-Muslims.

What? There is no such dictate.

the Koran�s dictums to do away with non-Muslims global.

Where in the Koran does it say this? Chapter and verse? Lemme guess, you don't know where it says it, because you don't know that it says it. Infact, you don't know anything about the religion do you?

drbryankkruta
but where do people get off saying Allah's law of racial and spiritual purity through extermination is holy

Where do people get off pretending that the religion of islam as a whole promotes this sort of thing?

this Muslim is a shame to their respective Gods

Are you saying this is a problem of extremists twisting a religion or that al muslims are part of a twisted evil religion?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I have to say the religion of the people being killed is irrelevant and it suggests that you are trying to focus on 1 religion as being the bad guys.

All this fighting between people who believe in a non existant god/gods.

Ban religion I say. I find it amusing that un this day and age people base their lives on fairy tales. It causes more problems than anything in the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
ARGGHH!!! Why do people make mountains of molehills??? This is not a Religious Issue in Sudan. IT IS A RACE ISSUE.

The current genocide in Sudan is caused by the ARAB MUSLIMS (Janjaweed) who are killing off the native (BLACK) africans in the country, regardless if they are christians or muslims. IF you're black you are a target of the Janjaweed, plain and simple.

The title of this thread is very misleading, you would think that only Christians are dying in Sudan, that is sOOOO far from the truth. The majority of the population in Sudan is Muslim. Muslims are killing Muslims. It is a Race Issue not a religious one!!!!!!

[edit on 10-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
ARGGHH!!! Why do people make mountains of molehills??? This is not a Religious Issue in Sudan. IT IS A RACE ISSUE.

Actually I was waiting for somebody to bring the subject of the race, thanks for that worldwatcher, I believe is a thread around that have a link to some special forces working from US in sudan now.

But I may be mistaken.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
you know what gets me

the fact that it is going to take Misinformation such as "muslims killing Christians" to get people outraged and wanting to help Sudan. If the truth be known "Muslims killing Muslims" or "Arabs Killing Blacks" many of the same people who express outrage because of the first headline, would just sit there and twiddle their thumbs and say that's not our problem, let them deal with it, but throw "Christianity" in it and everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I think this is an excellent opportunity for France, Germany , and Canada to use their troops and their money to bring order to the Sudan.

Uh, there mightbe some combat involved......better rule the French out.

OK and also, if you notice what I had said, I said be it Muslim OR Christian it has to stop! This was not meant to be a Muslim holy war stint. If I ahd dont that I could ahve just as well titled it "Christains save Muslims in Bosnia, why dont Muslims save Christians in Africa?"

Look at the link...I didnt make the title...I just added to it the "Just what the hell is the UN doing?" I am making the point of the shallowness of the UN, they let it happen and like Bosnia, th US and Maybe Nato will do something.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   

you know what gets me

the fact that it is going to take Misinformation such as "muslims killing Christians" to get people outraged and wanting to help Sudan. If the truth be known "Muslims killing Muslims" or "Arabs Killing Blacks" many of the same people who express outrage because of the first headline, would just sit there and twiddle their thumbs and say that's not our problem, let them deal with it, but throw "Christianity" in it and everyone gets their panties in a bunch.

You know you have to remember that US is a mostly "christian" nation and using religion to get people reaction is still well spread, I am not a "religious" person that is why some things does bothers me a lot. Sudan problems is a real one but like any other country with internal conflicts most of the international comunity just is sit and wait.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
OK and also, if you notice what I had said, I said be it Muslim OR Christian it has to stop! This was not meant to be a Muslim holy war stint. If I ahd dont that I could ahve just as well titled it "Christains save Muslims in Bosnia, why dont Muslims save Christians in Africa?"

Look at the link...I didnt make the title...I just added to it the "Just what the hell is the UN doing?" I am making the point of the shallowness of the UN, they let it happen and like Bosnia, th US and Maybe Nato will do something.

You're funny, there's no rule that says you can't change the title of article to reflect the truth of the situation or your opinion. This is the title of "your" thread and obviously from the site you chose to quote, and your actions on this board, I can clearly see you are misinformed and will continue to spread misinformation simply to serve your agenda.

If you really wanted a honest discussion about UN actions and involvement in Sudan, you could have worded it totally different.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You're funny, there's no rule that says you can't change the title of article to reflect the truth of the situation or your opinion. This is the title of "your" thread and obviously from the site you chose to quote, and your actions on this board, I can clearly see you are misinformed and will continue to spread misinformation simply to serve your agenda.

If you really wanted a honest discussion about UN actions and involvement in Sudan, you could have worded it totally different.

SO change it then? Is that what you mean? I would think the writers of the article I quote can do a better job of naming their work. But just to make you happy, I will....

Is that better? Was going to use my other quote but...

And by the way, racism is the issue? Would you say that also about the Christians in Baghdad being killed everyday just becuase they are infidels?

Just how informed are yuu?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I was right you are funny
at least your title is a little closer the truth of the situation in Sudan now.

I'm sorry I'm not able to continue this discussion in earnest with you now, I have things to do, but I'll be back later and we can discuss exactly what the UN has and hasn't done in Sudan.

[edit on 10-15-2004 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I triple dog dare the United States to mount an offensive on Sudan right now. I don't see why the U.S. shouldn't being the world police and all.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join