It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little AA battery trick they don't want you to know...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I found this little youtube video with regards to AA batteries.

As we know these kind of batteries are quite expensive, right??? Now the really cool part that I personally didn't know is that if you took a 6V battery, cut off the top, you would get quite a few more AA batteries out of it for the same price you would pay for like 4 AA batteries!

Watch this video, and if anyone has ever tried it, please share here as I am very interested to know if it is true. cheers

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes it works, sometimes the AA itself are 4 or 5 of those round cells stacked on top and wrapped in foil. But I would not recommend to open any battery without safety glasses and hand protection, there could be acid squirting around if it is not the one you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Check Snopes

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
How stupid do you have to be to listen to this?
32 AA batteries inside a 6 volt battery?Each AA is 1.5volts so you do the maths.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Anyone who believed this please PM me I have some land I have been trying to sell *CHEAP!*

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
32 AA batteries inside a 6 volt battery?Each AA is 1.5volts so you do the maths.

So how come the 6 volt is so big? How come a car battery is so big? I know the answer but i will withhold it for a bit.

They say not to jump start a motorcycle too, but it works great. I cant push start a bike myself without a hill.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A 6v battery cell:

If contains "32" individual cells then

6V / 32 = .1875 v per AA sized cell.

A 'standard' AA battery is 1.5v

will it / does this "trick" work???? Possibly - but they would appear to be sub-par batteries.

ThatGuy45

edit on 13/9/12 by ThatGuy45 because: clearification

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376

Maybe the point with such a big 6V battery is to be able to draw more current from it?
Thought of that?

Personally l can't really comment more because I don't know how big those batteries are, doesn't seem to "exist" here..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Depends on the 6V battery manufacturer. I used to know which brands because when you live outdoors you depend on the batteries you have to light your way. There isn't thirty two by the way. As I recall some have 4 "C" size in them (or used too). My trick for free batteries (was) to find the developers of camera film (now obsolete). The dumpster out back would be filled with those disposable cameras and all of them had a single AA battery power source. The cell was hardly used and I collected hundreds to use and sell at the local flea market.

Another source, and this one is still good is your local alarm monitoring company. They change out six and twelve volt batteries on a checklist and some put the "used" ones out back for divers to snag up. Saves them the cost of disposal. Theres another 100 dollar flea market booty. And a constant supply of twelve volt 7 Amp power. Those things set you back 30-40 dollars at home depot. They can be trickle charged and used for most anything from scooters, radios, lights, and backups.

I guess I'm to old to keep my tricks to myself anymore.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

How come a car battery is so big?

Amperage.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I take it nobody thought gagfilms was an odd name for an instructional video.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Not if it was about sword swallowing.

Baboom tsssssh.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here's what Snopes has to say about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here's another page that shows the graphite rods inside a battery here:

www.theodoregray.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Dude at least watch some of the suggested videos on the right, you wouldn't have posted this if you had.

IT'S FAKE!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Sure you can make six volt with 32 batteries..

Ever heard of series and parralel?

So many talking heads lately.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
My ATS peoples, as long as the number of 1.5v batteries is divisible by 4, it certainly is possible. The batteries are obviously not all in series.

If I put (4) 1.5 VDC batteries in series, I get 6 VDC. If I take (4) more 1.5 VDC batteries and put them in series, then I put them in parallel with the other 6 VDC cell I already have, I now have a 6 VDC cell with double the current.

Get it?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by phroziac

How come a car battery is so big?

Amperage.

And capacity.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I take it nobody thought gagfilms was an odd name for an instructional video.

Or to use the ATS search engine for previous threads.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Here are 32 batteries delivering 6 VDC, with (8) legs of (4) batteries to increase the ampacity:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PolyATS

I thought Snopes was outed as a hoax/scam in itself and was a husband and wife team just making things up and adding their opinion with no real research into things

top topics

<<   2 >>

join