It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well said! But there is something you aren't taking into account. While indeed people all over the Middle East are engaging in Revolution to overthrow their respective regimes, Western corporations, banks and the governments that represent them keep sticking their filthy hands in the cookie jar. I would say that Western nations have nothing to do with starting the revolts but everything to do with their outcomes.

We needed not to have ever been there and we need to get the hell out, now. The people of those nations need to be able to complete their Revolutions and the Western practices of destabilization need to be part of the focus in the Western Revolutions.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
sheer insanity by all sides... sincere condolences to the families of those killed... and those who will die because of the idiocy.... when will people ever learn... so damn senseless... the entire world is gone bloody mental...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

Israeli do not make such movie for Jesus, because then all the world will realize that it is the empire of anti_christ !
however Jesus is also respected for muslims !!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reply to post by GD21D

timing is everything!

You are right, timing is everything.

The film clip was released in July! Dubbed into Arabic last week and posted on Youtube.

A a 14-minute trailer for the English-language film, which was posted on YouTube in July, attracted little attention until last week, when a version dubbed into Arabic was posted on the same YouTube channel and then copied and viewed tens of thousands of times more.
nytimes.com
Much more information in that article about timing and a clip that was broadcast on Egyptian TV.

So the outrage came much later then the release of the film clip.
And 2 days after the play on Egyptian TV.

This was not an immediate reaction, this was a planned action.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I see these acts of religious zealots as offense to rational people. If they are that unsecure about their beliefs or that they are that fanatical about their beliefs they are a problem. This is what I find about Islam is their intolerance of anything anti-Muslim.....

this indicates to me that the people who worship this religion are nothing but brainwashed....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

I believe the film is called Johnny Got His Gun or something along those lines.As far as holding the filmmaker responsible, it's a slippery slope. As an American he does have a right to freedom of speech, and the moment you take his right away you trivialize a basic right. With that said, it doesn't make hate speech right. As a white male, what if I made a similar film mocking Martin Luther King? Would that be considered acceptable? Would American minorities riot in response? I would expect as much. No aspect of this situation is acceptable, but I see some on ATS not even acknowledging the part this film has played. You can't rightly say that the filmmaker didn't expect such a reaction. Now 100 people funding a 5 million dollar project comes to $50,000 per person. This isn't exactly chump change we're talking about here. Someone had some money to throw around. Once again, considering the circumstances it makes you wonder. You can't ignore the obvious.

edit on 12-9-2012 by GD21D because: Punctuation

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by maes2

People have short memories. Going on the opinion of some posts in this thread I get the feeling some were of the impression that peace reigned supreme in Libya. This could not be further from the truth. Its that old mentality of "Yeah we ousted a dictator now they are free. Lets pat ourselves on the back for a job well done!" when in reality all that has happened is a differend bunch of extreists run the show. I think younare right though. I believe Israel is behind most of this destabalization. Al Qaeda is the tool being used to do it. The goal ultimately is an all out invasion of the middle east with a focus on Iran. Israel wants to have no equal. They want to be top dog.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
I agree 100%. I would have never even heard of this film if it wasn't for this. It would have drifted into silence. But the fact is these idiots did make noise about it and now it's an issue. But see the bigger problem here is the stupid books that cause this. I can see why it offends people but the fact remains that the religions themselves end up causing more harm than good at the end of the day.

Interestingly enough the info about the movie shows it was released in back in July 2012.

We are in September....

Why is the extremists community just now to getting around to being outraged?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Bad Acting in that Video!!

There have been Films made about Jesus right? Do we see the same protests?

Blimey... some people go over-board!!

And these Radicals need to be stopped!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Dance puppet, dance. This is exactly the reaction that this kind of attack is intended to provoke. Well done for jumping right on in there and playing along. You are NO better than those who have participated in this attack. You are the same as they are.

As I posted earlier, which you apparently missed, why not explain your point of view and why the movie is wrong / right and why the extremists who over reacted are wrong / right?

Instead of educating, you decided to just attack..

Ironic.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

ya idiot,i don't know how you read my reply,but you obviously have a problem with muslims.
well,i'm pagan,and we are in 2012 as well,and we like to think we can learn from other cultures to fulfill our knowledge.
if it wasn't for the muslims in1220,the jews and christians would still be in the dark ages,
read some history would you!
do you know where you get the concept of zero from?
did you know that spain,under islam,had the biggest jewish community outside of jerusalem,with rabbis openly discussing philosophy and science with muslims.
all the while when europe was trying to get rid of the jews! (read the priory of zion-anti semetic propaganda by europe).
no time for you

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Chicken and egg. Was the attack perpetrated under the cover of outrage, or was the outrage incited to provide cover for the attack. It was a well organized attack done using heavy weaponry. This wasn't just a bunch of angry villagers.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by maes2

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The radical response just brought a world of attention to the guys movie as well as the possibility that more people might buy into the video because of the radical response.

and this is why I say Israel is behind all of these. and who knows what is their true movie for next decade!!!

Source discussing Israel being behind this?

Also I would like to point out another issue that seems to popup on this site in this area..

If radical muslim extremists do something against Americans and it works in their favor and against the US the people are just responding to US actions. If radical muslim extremists do something stupid that blows up in their face, they become Israelis / US / West agents...
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
So this movie is an Israeli production? Yes or no.

If not, why are people blaming this on Israel? If so, why is the U.S. taking the heat for it?

Second thought, to any of you who claim this movie is offensive, perhaps consider how Christians feel when movies are made that bash Jesus. How about a little awareness that many here see is as perfectly fine to see our savior mocked and we are told to STFU, but all empathy is extended when the Muslims get offended. Any doing this a are hypocritics IMHO.

This story wouldn't be getting covered by MSM unless the world demands it. Even at that I wonder how quick they are going to try to make it disappear. The GOP's will keep it going.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

My POV is that people should be free to say what they like about religion without fear of extremism. Extremists are idiots, but so are the knee jerk reactionaries who jump straight into the exact same extremism boat as those they allegedly oppose. They are one and the same. It is the same reaction, it is the same hatred, it is the same stupidity. There is no difference. They (extremists) feel justified in their actions, just as you do. But one day, someone will have to stop killing others, otherwise no moral high ground will ever be reached. Aslong as we have people willing to kill other people for being/thinking different, we will never move on. We will always be stuck in this rut of hatred and idiocy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Foxnews just broke / confirmed the US Ambassador to Libya has been killed. 3 Staff members have also been killed and 1 other staff member was killed earlier. The State department has only confirmed the Ambassador and the 1 staff member.

While I am for religious toleration I am done with these pathetic cowards who defile their own religion in the name of Allah. They need to pull their heads out of their asses or we can do it for them. If the goal is to get the US out of the region attacking US personnel, including diplomatic staff now, will not do it.

Apparently they failed to understand attacking an embassy under intrnational law is an act of war. I say, since they declared it, we finish it.

Libya should be given a choice -
Either do your job in protecting our Embassy and our personnel, including tracking these cowards down and holding them accountible...

Or we will do it for them.

I need to find it but the US Embassy released a press release basically apologizing for the "anti Islam movie" that was made. I was stunned when the White House and the State Department publically stated that release was not the position of the US government.

* Some Reference links *
US State Department - Diplomatic Mission to Libya - Overview
U.S. Embassy - Libya
Statement by Secretary Clinton on Embassy Attack
US Ambassador to Libya dies in rocket attack in benghazi
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

This is what you get with a coward in the white house. His handlers haven't told him how to proceed, so he'll stall till given instructions. I'm waiting for him to apologize to the American people, but I'm sure the temperature in Hell hasn't changed.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Missng the point. Who made the film and its content are neither here nor there. The attack on the embassy had little to do with any film. This was a direct attack against the US by the destabilizing forces in the middle east, most of whom are funded and supplied by the US. They are merely justifying their own existence in the region, and more to the point, giving cause for further intervention in order to protect their own interests. Its as plain as the nose on your face. Dont get hung up on the film.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by Auricom
reply to post by reficul

I guess then it's OK for Christians, Jews and almost every other religious group out there to go kill people then? Seeing that each of their prophets and gods have been mocked at one point or another?

I hope you realize how stupid you sound. Firstly, no one else acts this way in this day and age. We've all grown except for Islam.

Judaism is in 2012.
Christianity is in 2012.
Islam is in 1202.

That's bull. If someone made a video showing Jesus in the same light as this video did Muhmamad it would be pulled off youtube. Anything that questions Israel is already widely censored throughout the entire internet. No see you play by the rules unless you're the red headed step child.

Islam... Christianity....Judaism....Native American religions....African religions....

ALL are violent and contain violent passages..

The difference I see, and please people correct me if I am wrong (serious), is the majority of religions changed with the times where as extremists radical muslims who defile their own religion are stuck in a 9th century mentality loop.

There is nothing wrong where a religion requires men to grow beards, women to be covered up or required to pray 5 times a day.

Where it becomes an issue is when failure to comply becomes a crime against the state.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
first we take libya,next we'll take iran!

god help us.
heres a clip of the offensive video the muslims are pissed about.
it was supposedly made by a jewish guy,but i cannot confirm that.
it reminds me of a montey python movie.
i'm not muslim,but it is a rediculous joke of a movie that only intends to bash another person's beliefs.
i'd be pissed too!
stuff like this makes it all to easy for the west to rev up war fever!

The movie was made by Coptic Christians. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who made what. No movie can ever justify the killing of other people. Somebody did something wrong? Offensive? Maybe. Yet, those who retaliated by killing were unable to set any divine example whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

Hopefully the US Marines guarding the Embassies got some rounds out before they were over run.

Nothing like the Religion of Peace and all, huh?

All Embassies should be fortified and ready for war, because it is coming.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join