It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'US ambassador killed' in Libya protest - live updates

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
HIllary Clinton is now doing clean up. Watching cnn right now. romney to speak next.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I agree 100% with what you say. How did the Arab community discover it when nobody here knew about it is a good question. I wish I knew.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
The US is sending troops to Lybia, Fox News is reporting.

Link? I just turned on Fox and didn't hear anything.

link   
reply to post by GD21D

Bigotry? Here's Hillary bragging about killing Gaddafi - and our ambassador and three other Americans murdered by the rebels we helped assume power:

link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Go to foxnews.com

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Links to the pics?

link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
FYI.....

President Obama will "address the situation in Libya" at 10:35am EST.

And apparently Hillary Clinton will be there too.

OH goodie, I'm sure they can make everything all better.
youtu.be...

link   
i hate myself for asking but...has anyone seen the video/film....and are their links....i dont want to fuel anger, but im intrigued how egyptians and libyans knew about it before us lot??

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Go to foxnews.com

I see where Marine Units are being sent to fortify Embassies and such, but no report of Troop mobilization .

link   
This is an act of War.

Plain and simple, no two ways about it. A US ambassador has been murdered during an attack on a US embassy.

It's time to send in the marines, and not 50 of them. Obama is looking like a coward for only sending 50 of them and he will lose the election because of this.

link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

LOL Lady, we posted the same thing.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Marine unit dispatched to secure consulate in Benghazi after deadly attacks:

www.foxnews.com...

link   
How many times are they going to say how the President of Libya did not condone this act.

They expect to bring the criminals to justice?

link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
i hate myself for asking but...has anyone seen the video/film....and are their links....i dont want to fuel anger, but im intrigued how egyptians and libyans knew about it before us lot??

I think there are some links to the film posted on this thread.

link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
This is an act of War.

Plain and simple, no two ways about it. A US ambassador has been murdered during an attack on a US embassy.

It's time to send in the marines, and not 50 of them. Obama is looking like a coward for only sending 50 of them and he will lose the election because of this.
an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

50 would be a suicide mission.

link   

Originally posted by quackers
reply to post by Xcathdra

The reason the US embassy was singled out is not because of some film, but because yesterday the head of al Qaeda told Lybians to rise up and kill Americans (I believe as a result of some high level ol Qaeda official being offed in a drone strike). Al Qaeda have been setting up camps in the east and the government has been calling for drone strikes on those camps for near on a year now. Yet they remain. Why do they remain? Because their purpose is to destabalize the regions they have been installed into. The film is just a destraction, and a scapegoat.
edit on 12-9-2012 by quackers because: (no reason given)

This sounds more plausible than anything.
Sigh..this sucks, and because of the events that have taken place since 9/11/2001, I'm skeptical and hope there arent any underlying motives lying around...By..ya know..."them"

link   

Originally posted by GD21D

Originally posted by Golf66
I say turn Benghazi into an uninhabitable glass parking lot then dare the rest to do something similar.
Yep, kill a bunch of innocent civilians caught in the middle. Sounds on par with a lot of bigotry I hear.

Meh, call it bigotry to defend yourself if you wish (I don’t care who they were racially, religiously or whatever, my recommendation would be the same). In a case such as this a few million people in collateral damage would be acceptable.

I bet there wouldn't be any more assaults on our embassies if governments knew that we would level the city in retaliation. The host nation is charged with protecting our embassies outside the walls. They chose not to..

Action (or in this case lack of action) = consequence.

These people mess with us because the current POTUS projects weakness and is an appeaser and apologist. In their culture those traits are not admired they are ridiculed.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

From your link:

The move comes after President Obama ordered "all necessary resources" provided to Libya to support the security of U.S. personnel in the country.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

50???Really? Is that what our resources have come down to? I would NOT want my loved ones to be part of that small band of resources being sent!

edit on 12-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Hi Xcathdra,

Heya....

I'm curious as to how you know this to be a fact. It is a remote possibility but highly doubtful in my opinion. There are many possibilities as to why this attack happened, but I do not find the US pastor in Florida being the reason.
As far as other possibilities I got ya covered -
ATS - A few posts up - theories

The claims from the protestors is where we are getting the film / florida pastor link. Last year (or maybe 2009) the same pastor opened up pandoras box by trying to / held a burn the Quran event.

My opinion is that the blowback theory is much more plausible than your proposed opinion. I'm not saying your wrong because it would be foolish of me to act like I know the official reason for the attack. Perhaps I missed something in the thread, but none of the links or post I have read prove that this was done due to the Pastor you mentioned. If I missed the proof that has been provided please forgive me, but if there has been no proof, what causes you to believe this was not blowback but due to the Pastor in Florida?

As for not saying im wrong no worries. Feel free to say it - I am confident we have our past issues worked out and better understand where each of us is coming from and we both know its not personal.

On the first or second page I posted some links with the US reaction (Embassy in Egypt / Secretary Clinton / President Obama) that discussed the film issue. There should be some links from others discussing the claims made by the attackers and their reason.for attacking the embassy (movie).

The person who made the movie has apparently gone into hiding so either he is being extremely careful because of threats or....

Another possible theory -
Add the creator to the list I linked you to with possible theories. If he is Israeli - American we could add him to Israels theory list. A person with ties to Israel, who is going 20 rounds wtih the US over Iran, who is also an American citizen.

divided loyalties maybe?
A way to embarras Obama before the election?

One of the talking heads on the news made an interesting observation and a very good point. In a situation like this we should be speaking as one nation - the the Republic comes first. For some reason Romney is wading into the situation by criticising Obamas foreign policy failures in the M.E. She made the comment that we do not need 2 leaders giving conflicting messages - as much as I dislike President Obama she is correct.

Add this to Israel / US list -
Israel and the current administration is at odds on Iran. Obama is trying to wait until he is reelected before doing whatever it is he wants to do. This Egypt / Libya situation reflects poorly on Obamas initiatives and could possibly be used to assist Romney in being elected. A Romney administration would be a lot more supporting than Obama. Romneys comments on Iran are in line with Israels.

Al Queida may be trying to go for a second wind by performing an action that could possibly raise their morale and resolve against the US.

The theories I posted are not supported by anything other than looking at events and playing link the points and see what we get.

For the time being all we can do is follow the events and see what goes on.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join