It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I see the moon hoax disease is contagious

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
the earth defies logic.

we are never upside down no matter what we do.

if you fly a plane in a straight line, never change altitude, why don't you fly off into space or do you gain altitude without touching the plane.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coven83
Ok so if I took a flight from NYC to London, then London to Moscow, then Moscow to Tokyo, Tokyo to Hawaii and finally Hawaii back to NYC, would I have just flown around a round world? Or somehow managed to fly to the flip side of a flat earth then back again?

I was wondering this too.....but there is a plausible answer.
Imagine that the land masses you know of are arranged in a circle. You still have the ability to travel around the world, in a circle. This would give the illusion that you are flying around the world.

The first interview actually is very logical. It has internal consistency (I think that's the term).

I thought I was going to read some ridiculous interviews, but they are actually quite logical.
Don't just laugh at the idea, actually look at why they think what they do.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All i can say is OMG... how do people become
so delusional?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Oh, wow. I thought that was a joke website!
I think I'll continue to explore their arguments. I like reading about the science of fantastical worlds, and this should be no different.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
so delusional?

since when has it been delusional to not believe everything you're told, and to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions?

Do you people realize what you're doing? You're looking at these people who believe something other than what TPTB told them, and laughing. That's what people do to people on ATS who think 9/11 was an inside job, or any other unconventional belief on this website. It's EXACTLY the same.

I'm not saying anyone should believe this theory. But you should at least keep an open mind and entertain the idea. Go through what Decartes did. Believe only what you can confirm for yourself, forget about what you think you know.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think some people are missing the point.. Is this not on the same level to most other conspiracy theories? Religions, Aliens, 9/11, H.A.A.R.P.. Makes a nice change to the usual over-repeated crap!

I wouldn't say I'm a believer of the flat earth theory but what if the earth was a flat infinite plane, same idea as some theories of the universe. You could keep traveling in a straight line and then eventually pass the same place you began. Or maybe on our conscious level, Earth just appears round.. Just as time appears to move forward at one constant speed.

Not a believer however I did enjoy the read and idea, seen much worse on this website.. Anyway let the bashing commence, I'm ready! Hahaa

VS
edit on 10-9-2012 by VexedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the earth defies logic.

we are never upside down no matter what we do.

if you fly a plane in a straight line, never change altitude, why don't you fly off into space or do you gain altitude without touching the plane.

I think you answered your own question? If you fly a plane exactly straight while traveling around the world you would be gaining altitude all the time, your plane wouldn't be able to make it to space though, most likely you'd stall out and nosedive back down to the ground....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
an infinite, flat earth would be pretty neat.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
So how do they explain going from tokyo ( on the other sids of the. Flat earth) to california in like 14 hours? Or do they think commercial air liners travel in eccess of 2000 MPH?

I also have been at 40,000 feet in a commercial air liner and the earth. Is indeed round.

Maybe they just go off the edge, then come back in the other side.. like Pacman

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

So how do they explain going from tokyo ( on the other sids of the. Flat earth) to california in like 14 hours? Or do they think commercial air liners travel in eccess of 2000 MPH?

I also have been at 40,000 feet in a commercial air liner and the earth. Is indeed round.

If they actually think the earth is flat instead of spherical (oblated spheroid), they probably have no concept of speed either. Stupidity is transitive.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Maybe they just go off the edge, then come back in the other side.. like Pacman

I answered this already.
If all of the land masses you know of are arranged in a circle, it would still appear like you are flying around the Earth.
edit on 10-9-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

so delusional?

since when has it been delusional to not believe everything you're told, and to think for yourself and draw your own conclusions?

Do you people realize what you're doing? You're looking at these people who believe something other than what TPTB told them, and laughing. That's what people do to people on ATS who think 9/11 was an inside job, or any other unconventional belief on this website. It's EXACTLY the same.

I'm not saying anyone should believe this theory. But you should at least keep an open mind and entertain the idea. Go through what Decartes did. Believe only what you can confirm for yourself, forget about what you think you know.

There are many many things that i keep an open mind about,
but a flat Earth theory is not one of them.

I have flown on an airliner , I have been on a boat at sea. I have been on the top of mountains.
I have seen that the Earth is a Sphere.

There is a point about being sceptical of what we are told by the powers that be, but I think on this occasion they are telling us the truth... yes the Earth is round.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Altitude is measured in relation to the ground, the ground curves, you curve with it due to gravitational pull as well as flight path.
The pilot maintains a given altitude as part of their course and no course is laid out in a straight line, it's always in an arc. On a spherical surface, the shortest distance between two points is not a straight line. If you bother learning anything about avionics, you'll learn that. Otherwise, you're just going by what you think is right because you "heard it somewhere".

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Are you a flat earther?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I have flown on an airliner , I have been on a boat at sea. I have been on the top of mountains.

can you be certain of what you saw?
Because the mind is known for playing tricks on people....

ugh the links aren't working....but just google optical illusions.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

can you be certain of what you saw?
Because the mind is known for playing tricks on people....

ugh the links aren't working....but just google optical illusions.

I'll tell you one thing, the reading on an altimeter is not an illusion!

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Ghost375

Are you a flat earther?

no, but I'm going to defend them until someone comes up with a logical/provable reason why the earth is spherical.
I don't like people mocking others because they have a different belief than they do.

P.S. I know exactly how they "proved" the Earth is round.
I can all but guarantee no one on this website will be able to do it.

The data used to "prove" the Earth is round, was first used to prove the Earth was flat!!!
You heard me right. The data(astronomical positions) that proves the Earth is round, can also show the Earth is flat.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

so delusional?

This kind of thinking is logic gone wrong, very wrong.

This is exactly the numpty-ism prevalent on ATS these days. The TPTB this, the TPTB that, don't believe what 'they' tell you, give me a f****** break.

Get a grip on reality.

We're dealing with the scientific method here. Nobody told me to just believe the earth was round, it's something I've learned from many many different sources, it's something that is basic science, history and physics. I can go outside my house at night and watch satellites in orbit for one thing. I can observe the moon and other solar bodies, their movements etc. I can read FFS!

Don't be so f******** stupid as to defend this warped twisted logic. It is a reflection and refinement of the growing myopic delusional absolute insanity we see growing especially here on ATS, where everything is a lie, where logic and reason are abandoned for the idea that you're keeping an 'open mind' or not 'believing the government' horse-sh**.

I'm telling you folks, these people will be the end of us. We see science turned on its head, we see logic ignored, we see paranoid delusion(the moon hoax theories are a good example). We will end up in the f**king dark ages again.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The data used to "prove" the Earth is round, was first used to prove the Earth was flat!!!
You heard me right. The data(astronomical positions) that proves the Earth is round, can also show the Earth is flat.

You have to be kidding?

Go on then explain this one?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join