It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth theory, With Interviews from believers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by hoppy1

My brother is an analyst on a ship engaged in scientific research that cruises regularly to Antarctica, and they have yet to reach an "edge" of the earth.

My belief is, that it is the edge piled high with ice and snow and darkness. Not where the ship is, but beyond it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

My beliefs about the moon landing in no way figure into this argument. I have a telescope and have viewed several planets and am very comfortable with the theory that planets are basically spheroid at the macro level. I personally have opinions as to the nature of the universe at the sub-Planck level but my opinions do not affect the nature of the universe, either.
edit on 12-9-2012 by elfie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by hoppy1

My beliefs about the moon landing in no way figure into this argument. I have a telescope and have viewed several planets and am very comfortable with the theory that planets are basically spheroid at the macro level. I personally have opinions as to the nature of the universe at the sub-Planck level but my opinions do not affect the nature of the universe, either.
edit on 12-9-2012 by elfie because: (no reason given)

If you believe NASA lied about the moon landing, you can believe the are lying about a lot of things.
I believe the stars are nothing more than what they appear to be, small specks of light.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

I find it very hard to believe that you are not trying to have a laugh or trolling, it's just too much of a coincidence that you register the same time that this thread comes up.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
reply to post by hoppy1

I find it very hard to believe that you are not trying to have a laugh or trolling, it's just too much of a coincidence that you register the same time that this thread comes up.....
This ATS thread was linked on The Flat Earth Society.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

Ok so you aren't messing with people but in all honesty do you really think that there is a conspiracy to cover up the fact going back hundreds of years and across the entire world! It would have to be the biggest conspiracy ever and the fact that every scientist is in on it is an absolutely absurd idea. Everyone that can do a simple experiment that can prove that the earth is a sphere would have to be in on it. Have you ever flown on a plane? If you have, do you think that your eyes are in on the conspiracy too? I mean this is just a joke and should be treated as such, you cannot just state your ideas without scientific proof, you know science? Before I'm told that every has different beliefs let me say that if you taught this absolute tripe to children you would be setting science back hundreds of years. It is a proven lie so why would you think that it is right? Are you just someone that doesn't want to go with the sane thinking people on some principle? Please enlighten me as to how this world is flat.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Please define "GRAVITY"

It is a temporal displacement in reality caused by the influence of mass, bending space-time around itself extending inverse squarely from its centre.

edit on 12/9/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

There is no force called gravity, space is never bent in any way as it is a solid.
That solid supports memory .
That memory is what You think of as mass.

gravitor

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by gravitor

Please define "GRAVITY"
You and nobody else will be capable of such.
gravitor

Not only can we "define" gravity (the attraction due to gravitation that the Earth or another astronomical object exerts on an object on or near its surface), we can also define gravitation (the mutual force of attraction between all particles or bodies that have mass) AND we can even go into more detail about it.
It is dependant upon the mass of two objects and the distance between them in such a way that we even have a gravitational constant, a number that is the same for ALL objects regardless of where they are or how big they are and every single particle of mass in our entire universe from an atom to a planet to a star has the exact SAME gravitational constant associated with it that determines the EXACT force exerted due to gravity. Not just the Earth, not just the moon, not just the sun, but EVERYTHING and everything has the exact same constant. We have tested terrestrial objects, we have measured force related to the moon, we have calculated the orbits of planets due to this constant and have been correct each and every time as shown by the planets showing up in orbit exactly where they were supposed to show up as proof of it being corrrect.
We have tested small particles with them behaving exactly as they should due to the calculations using that constant that is the same for every single particle of mass in the universe and that has served as proof.

So, not only can we DEFINE gravity, we can TEST gravity and we can PROVE gravity. Then, we can use gravity to show the earth is, indeed, a spheroid, we can test it and we can prove it. The only challenge is to help the people reading that proof to be intelligent enough to comprehend what is going on. Hence, we have the flat earth theories and the people who argue until they're blue in the face based on zero proof, zero facts, zero support and zero intelligence. Since they are unwilling or unable to do the background work to develop understanding, they refuse to listen to those who have done so. It doesn't make the truth wrong, it makes the people who refuse to go to the trouble of comprehending the truth wrong.

***no longer to the poster being responded to but to the entire group of those who are preaching the flat earth theory****

The earth is a spheroid, you may not like it, but it has been proven over and over again for centuries now. The inability of a flat-earth theorist to comprehend the mathematics involved does not make it wrong, it makes the theorist who is incapable of comprehending it stupid.

Ignorance is forgivable, it means you DON'T know something, stupidity isn't forgivable, it means you CAN'T know something because you aren't capable. It doesn't mean you should be mistreated or killed or anything of that nature and you should be taken care of since you aren't capable of taking care of yourself, but you are not permitted to dictate anything or tell other people who DO know how things work what you think and try to get them to believe you especially after you have been explained to over and over again. Nobody on this site is "stupid", you are capable of working a computer, you are capable of reading and writing, you are capable of communication, so you aren't "stupid" and you CAN learn if you put in the time and effort so get off your lazy backside and put your brain to work. Research, investigate, learn, then you can understand instead of talking out of your backside.

Deny the Ignorance and put in the effort to learn.

Mass is a mere local memory , there is no force called gravity, there is a net consequence of opposing fields relative to the surface area of this planet termed gravity.
There is an implosion into the heart centre of this planet, there is a decreased emmittance out of the heart centre to the ratio of fibonacci of 55/34.
That net difference will be different upon the moon.

You are REPEATING in a parrot fashion that which is indoctrinated.
The Earth is indeed fl;at, but it is composed of multiple flat projections that creates spheroids.
The spheroid shape is due to the polarity and equater f0ormation in the geometry of the solid universe.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
For all you guys who say there is no evidence, it is not true. Read the documents I linked previously. I have also proved flatness myself. I took a strong laser 500mw out on a boat. At night I was going to shine it and see how far I could see it from. It was windy out and I could not do the experiments I had planned. So we were sitting there in the boat close to shore and protected from the wind. I was just shining the laser around seeing what it could do. Then I noticed lighted channel marker buoys, and looked on the nautical charts. I could see the buoy that was 5 miles away. I checked this out (5 miles) on google earth also. The next day I went back to look at the buoy, it is 81/2' above the water level. My head was 2 feet above the water level. The drop over 5 miles on round earth should be 16', therefore the buoy could not have been seen by me, if the earth is a sphere.
The drop that there has to be if the earth is a sphere is greater than many expect.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It's all relative to us being in the 3rd dimension though, isn't it? I mean if we were 2-d, the earth would indeed be flat!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

You have proved flatness alright, in your understanding of the world around you.

Anyway I am not going to get into anything with you because I have a funny feeling that it would be a massive waste of time. Just for your own sake never teach this to your children because they will be growing up oblivious of the world around them and will be open to ridicule. Get a grip and spend more time on ANY other conspiracy because this one is just ridiculous.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Have you ever thought about the tides? 2high tides at the same on opposite sides of the earth. NASA says they are caused primarily by gravity from the moon. That could make sense for 1high tide, but not for 2 in 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy1
Have you ever thought about the tides? 2high tides at the same on opposite sides of the earth. NASA says they are caused primarily by gravity from the moon. That could make sense for 1high tide, but not for 2 in 24 hours.

Is it at all possible that you do not understand all of the forces at work upon our universe? Or even just our Earth? That perhaps the whole of human knowledge is eclipsed by everything we do not know?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

Originally posted by hoppy1

Is it at all possible that you do not understand all of the forces at work upon our universe? Or even just our Earth? That perhaps the whole of human knowledge is eclipsed by everything we do not know?

I don't understand all the forces at work, nor do I claim to. I am just saying the earth is flat, and that I don't believe the moon's gravity causes tides. And that NASA is a joke.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy1

Maybe I missed where you did this, but have you debunked all of the images of the planets taken from space? Are you claiming that they are all fabrications?
news.yahoo.com...
look even you or I could send a device up there and take our own photos - no NASA involved.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have seen the homemade balloon videos and pictures, they are cool. From way up there they are looking at the circle of the earth that is lit up by the sun. How about the tides?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Haha, flat earth? They should go see the sea when its clear. We can easily see curvature of the earth on clear days. You don't need to go higher to see it.

And if earth was flat, world would be very different, I mean, where is the "edge" of the world? How people managed to circumnavigate the world?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The Earth, and all other planets/moons and stars are consequences of flat projections from all directions at once.
The consequence is an illusion of spherical proportions, no matter where the observer is sited.
It is akin to having multiple screens at all angles of holographic type projections.

What We term as mass is merely where the projections are super concentrated .
And as with any hologram it doesn't matter how You chop up the image, it will always still be how the origonal projection was sent.
We are independant holograms formed in the overall Earth projection.
The projections are so orientated in fibonacci sequencing that at each PINCH point in universe where creation occurs they form a dominant cross feature that makes the pole and equator regions.
The projections are electrically based, and this induces a magnetic field, the earth does not create the field by spinning as ASSUMED, the earth is a consequence not the driver.
This is also true for the stars, they are not as ASSUMED and indoctrinated for humans to repeat as though they actually KNOW.
Nothing is moving as ASSUMED, it is all an illusion caused by the variations in the holographic inputs from all directions at once.
The universe is a super dense solid composed of really minute geometric mirror faced substance that perfectly packs into a super dense solid.
You reader are within a memory type bubble that is enabled to switch ultra rapidly within that geometry.
You are what You are, but not how You have been TOLD You are.
It's life, but not how We know it.
gravitor

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The Earth, and all other planets/moons and stars are consequences of flat projections from all directions at once.
The consequence is an illusion of spherical proportions, no matter where the observer is sited.
It is akin to having multiple screens at all angles of holographic type projections.

And as with any hologram it doesn't matter how You chop up the image, it will always still be how the origonal projection was sent.
The projections are so orientated in fibonacci sequencing that at each PINCH point in universe where creation occurs they form a dominant cross feature that makes the pole and equator regions.
The projections are electrically based, and this induces a magnetic field, the earth does not create the field by spinning as ASSUMED, the earth is a consequence not the driver.
This is also true for the stars, they are not as ASSUMED and indoctrinated for humans to repeat as though they actually KNOW.
Nothing is moving as ASSUMED, it is all an illusion caused by the variations in the holographic inputs from all directions at once.
The universe is a super dense solid composed of really minute geometric mirror faced substance that perfectly packs into a super dense solid.
You reader are within a memory type bubble that is enabled to switch ultra rapidly within that geometry.
gravitor

Yeah, so who TOLD you all this? Based on the way you write I am assuming you are incapable of doing all of that original research on your own.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy

gravitor

Yeah, so who TOLD you all this? Based on the way you write I am assuming you are incapable of doing all of that original research on your own.

YOU are ASSUMING.
You are assuming that only those who are capable of expressing their knowledge in written excellence are capable of recieving higher knowledge....You assume wrongly.
Can a native of this planet who has never even seen the written word explain the knowledge He or She has far in advance of what You have been indoctrinated with?
No they cannot, but it means nothing in terms of what knowledge they actually know.
Please try to stop been boxed in by such reliance on wordsmiths.
I am highly dyslexic, and only this computer allows Me to be able to try and explain something that is not presently in the conciouscness field of this planet.
But there are those who can access higher knowledge from larger conciouscness fields, it helps though to be less indoctrinated , thus My dyslexia is a blessing.
gravitor

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join