It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't attack Iran, Russia starkly warns Israel and U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Russia will not defend Iran.

On the contrary, it is in their interest for Iran to be crushed.

The crushing of a hostile Iran will remove the stated reason for a Central European missile shield. The US wants to carve up the nations south of Russia into numerous pieces. The US wants to do deals related to energy resources with the Kurds and others in the region. Russia doesn't like that idea particularly, but the missile shield is their main priority. That is why they won't defend Iran.

Memo to Iran: If all the Russian nuclear technicians are given a holiday to attend Oktoberfest in Munich this year, head for the bomb shelters.

edit on 9-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Russian Attack Submarine Sailed in Gulf of Mexico Undetected for Weeks
nation.foxnews.com...

Russian arms in US backyard: Back in Cuba
rt.com...

Russia's policy is one of strategic balance. They will always counter any threat! They will not back down! Russia and China, are the only reasons we are not on the ground in Iran right now!

Putin is a pussy (based on his response to Syria), but a line in the sand is drawn all the same! My gut says Russia is bluffing, but if not its end game!

Russia: Attack on Tehran is Attack on Moscow
www.israelnationalnews.com...

The real question is how far we will push, and if we will be pushed back. We are clearly picking a fight!

Russia Planning 10 Year, $640 Billion Military Modernization.
defensetech.org...

Brutal struggle is to Russia as Everest is to Sir Edmund Hillary. Dont confuse yourself a sleeping giant lies in Russia!
edit on 9-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Phenomium

I'm not big on Bible quotes but I rather enjoyed that and completely agree with it.

Thank you.Bible quote or from any other source, it seems to be the issue here. How many times have we heard those politician lie, the people buy and they point the finger at everyone but themselves as they wreak havoc on the world killing people, starving people, setting up charitable organizations and then funneling the money right into their campaign machines bank accounts (Hillary Clinton) and the rest of the money funds the war machine that kills innocent women and children at home and abroad.

Turning on their own people and pimping our country out to China and a myriad of other countries, as well as selling the very soul of America to those Satanic Bankers to satisfy their material desires. They then get the most charismatic person they have groomed (Obama) to mass hypnotize the very sheep they are slaughtering and people just BEG them to do it as they support them at their fund raising campaigns.

Instead of doing research on what the politicians actually "do", as opposed to what they say...people get screwed year after year and never blame it on people like Obama because he is either black, or charming or too good looking o do anything bad, so why bother doing research ....just blame it on the one that was so obvious BUSH did it all.

However, if one were to actually "see" what policies Obama has passed while in office and understand that he has not only created policies that have eroded the constitution further, but finished Bush's destruction as well....they might not be so quick to just believe everything they say and might start watching what they actually "do" instead.

This is exactly what America is doing...a charming politician, who kisses your babies forehead and then probably sacrifices one to Satan on that same night.
Tells you that he is going to fix the financial situation in America...yet Repub or Demo...the debt has just gotten larger and larger and the people just blame the obvious guy who wasn't so charming...Bush. Yeah, he did his share but Then Obama slides in smooth like Barry White and charms America off of he feet and the world pays in blood for another 4-8 years.

I was pointing out that this is how Satan himself operates. America has always been called a "her" and Obama is romancing her to literal death.

Obama is like one of those husbands who beat their wives and then the wife just keeps coming back because "she loves him and knows that he loves her too",........and then (smack, get me a beer Bi**h).

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

I disagree, not that Russia balances threats, but that they are the reason we are not on the ground in Iran. I don't think we will ever be on the ground in Iran, except for special forces with little laser pointers.

I think the bottom line strategically is that Russia will not counter US agression against Iran. They don't like it, but it is not a high priority for them, at this time. They are just talking. Strategically, the developing situation vis a vis Iran plays into their hands in Central Europe. They are fine with that, I think.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I think you are right! Normalized relations and an end to posturing will likely see Russia appeased, but we should not jump into murky waters here! There should not be any question!

Failure to check our p's and q's could see war upon our shores. There is little doubt that war with Russia is an end game for the US!

Thats all I am saying!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by Phenomium

This is the REAL American government now days. I repeat they are not Christians.

Who says the American government is supposed to act like Christians? America isn't a Christian nation so why should we act like something we're not?

I did say "now days", if you re-read just above there. I didn't say that they were "supposed" to act like anything. I said that they WERE ACTING like Christians, yet they are not. Just like Israel are acting like Jews when they are really Zionists. It is an ongoing theme between the two.

Back to you initial inquiry though, it cannot be denied that America was initially designed with a Christian foundation and for many years, America prospered.

It wasn't until our country got hijacked from the inside, and our constitution abrogated and then shredded, that we started to notice an ungodly, indeed Satanic country who had abandoned her chastity, morals and ethics in trade for materialism and lethargically minded slaves to filthy entertainment, drugs and the desire to murder those who won't let us have our way.

Christian is how America started.....She is now the ungodly who is trying to convince everyone who still has faith in the way she "was",....that she has not changed. Oh, but how she has changed.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Signals

Yeah and he makes up laws to put people in prison too. He's a real gem, he set back Russian progress about 30 years. Great job Putin.

I guess he is just following the example of America, a country that has also been set back about 30 years...(50)?
And oh yeah, those same laws, and made up new ones to put people in prison...

Great job All.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hopefully the threat from Russia will deter the US. But profits and imperialism is a hard thing for the capitalists controllers to deny.

edit on 9-9-2012 by InfamousRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

One of the issues here that Russians are probably more aware of than other people, and I got this from a Russian, is that Russia is not as strong as it was prior to the fall of the Soviet government. This is the joker in the deck of normal evaluations of Russian strategic intentions.

The old Soviet Union would have been a different bear to tangle with. The new Russian bear is still a little intoxicated by fresh air and is still finding its feet post communism. This is a window of opportunity that the US has been taking advantage of. Putin is doing his best to close that window again, but he needs time.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Like I said!

Brutal struggle is to Russia as Everest is to Sir Edmund Hillary. Don't confuse yourself a sleeping giant lies in Russia. Only a fool would think Russia is weak!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Thank you!

Nukes are a deterrent. Don't invade or everyone gets screwed as we die. That's how they are used on a global scale. I shudder to think of the nasty toys the Russian government sneaked into America and they are bitchin about Iran?

Anybody invade Korea yet? Oh yea, they got nukes too.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
While Russia might be Iran's ally I highly doubt they would risk there necks with a war with the biggest superpower in the world. You people who pray for the downfall of the USA are well-wishers it aint happening, at least not in your lifetime.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

What the hell does Russia know about nuclear power aside polluting the world with it?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Way back in the late 80's a phd at ASU taught us only four of our, then current, nuclear weapons, land detonating, would throw us into a nuclear winter. It needs to be clear to all, a nuclear war is a "no win" for everyone. The ultimate deterrent but a clear 'no win" for all to launch.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I call humbug on the official party line that this is in the name of disarming Iran, especially with this threat from Russia.

Do nukes in the hands of an "enemy" worry you?

A nuclear power just told us "hands off Iran."

Something to consider....

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
Russia lost their super power status many years ago , there not even a country anymore, it's run by the Russian mob , their nuclear bombs ain't worth a S#IT , their Army and Navy are very unorganized , all they do is just talk a lot of B.S
Yeah, yeah... we both know the only difference between the mob and the government is the amount of paperwork they take to get something done.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrestonSpace
While Russia might be Iran's ally I highly doubt they would risk there necks with a war with the biggest superpower in the world. You people who pray for the downfall of the USA are well-wishers it aint happening, at least not in your lifetime.

It's fine to say that but we have already had two world wars.

Both world wars started over events, that in all honesty, should never have seen the entire world at war, yet they did.

Who would have thought Britain would defend Poland in 1939?

To the couple of posters who stated whether Iran is trying to get a nuke or not doesn't matter, I agree entirely. The nuclear weapons issue is just a justification for Israel's policy.

Sadly, the Israeli lobby has huge influence over American policy.

A game is being played.

The facts are this-

- Israel is yelling from the treetops that Iran is close to getting a nuke and something must be done.

- Obama is playing a waiting game, directly going against the Israeli lobby's wishes.

But once we see Obama is just playing his part in the game, then the possible scenarios of this being out in the open lead to the very likely scenario this is just charades before something happens to justify military action against Iran.

The policy makers have stated in the past that Iran has to be seen as the aggressor, as a military action without justification would not be possible because of international politics (Russia's stance being a prime example).

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's the fear being engendered and manipulated that is just so reprehensible. The reasons for Israel and US NOT striking Iran far outweigh and outnumber the spurious reasons given for maybe justifying an attack. However, the constant 'maybe we will - maybe we won't' posturing does justify yet more military spending in Israel, the US and even the UK....more military spending at a cost to all of us.

With the Afghanistan and Iraq escapades now fizzling out (having achieved what?) of course the military industrial complex is groping around looking for another means to turn their products into expendable renewable products. How long does a bullet last if you never fire it?

edit on 10-9-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

According to many who know it is the zionist lobby in Israel who cry out for pre-emptive strikes on Iran (but then they never were the brightest of sparks). Iran's military policy is one of defence and deterrent. Its failure to clarify its position re nuclear weapon development is part of its deterrent strategy.

However, most Israeli citizens have dual nationality and, if there was even a hint that Iran had nuclear weapon capabilities it would be prepared to use (but of course that would be suicide) then citizens of Israel would leave |Israel in their droves.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by seamus
Yeah, yeah... we both know the only difference between the mob and the government is the amount of paperwork they take to get something done.

Right on! As Henry Kissinger is quoted as having said, "The illegal we can do immediately, the unconstitutional takes longer."

Russia's current weakness is derived from a crisis in middle management, not lack of hardware. After the Soviet Union fell and Russians could freely travel again they suffered a large "brain drain" which was only exacerbated as the Russian oligarchs fought (literally) for control of the economy. Many intelligent, educated, middle and upper managers fled the chaos. This problem persists and is the reason Putin can't be as decisive as he would wish to be on questions like Iran and other matters.

My own hunch is that they are willing to trade Iran for relief on the missile shield question.

In short, a perfect storm of political developments in Russia, in the United States and in Central Europe have created optimum conditions for a strike on Iran. Canada closing its Iranian embassy is a sign that this strike will almost certainly happen.
edit on 10-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join