It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't attack Iran, Russia starkly warns Israel and U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
What a bizarre twist of events that 70 years after WW2, the Western nations are the aggressors and the so called Communists are the peace keepers.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

edit on 9-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Amazing isn't it. The godless ones are seekng peaceful measures and the religious fanatics are pushing for war. Doesn't it tell you something? Religion is Evil.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I am positive that the US would heed Russia's warning, even though I don't think the US is planning on attacking Iran. Israel however is a loose cannon. They will GLADLY drag the US into a war with Russia, all the while claiming it a "holy war," which makes them no better than the jihadists of the Muslim community. War in the name of religion, when religion is supposed to promote peace and individual values, is just preposterous in my view. If Israel does strike Iran, I only hope that the US has the sense enough to stay out of the mix.

I personally feel that there are enough sitting congressmen who aren't Israeli puppets to prevent the US going to war over this nonsense, but I cannot be sure. I could even be flat out wrong. And there is no guarantee that the president would even attempt to get congressional approval for military actions in Iran. Since it is Obama in office, I'm sure there would be massive uproar if that were to happen, unlike what happened with Bush. Go figure...hypocrisy from a certain political party.

One of the things I completely hate is decision making based on party affiliation, rather than the issue. And there is way too much of this going on in US politics today. The number of politicians who stand up for the rights of the people is small. Whether this is because they support nefarious ends, or because they don't read the bills that cross their desk, it doesn't matter...Either way they shouldn't be running this country and making decisions and representing the populace.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I am positive that the US would heed Russia's warning, even though I don't think the US is planning on attacking Iran. Israel however is a loose cannon. They will GLADLY drag the US into a war with Russia, all the while claiming it a "holy war," which makes them no better than the jihadists of the Muslim community. War in the name of religion, when religion is supposed to promote peace and individual values, is just preposterous in my view. If Israel does strike Iran, I only hope that the US has the sense enough to stay out of the mix.

Unfortunetly, if Israel strike and need a wingman, the US will most definetly be brought into another conflict. Truthfully, I cannot see Israel coping in a major conflict on their own against Iran, Syria and anyone else who wants to come to the party.

As for religion, your right. But the problem is this, The Israeli government use religion as a mask. If they were religious in nature, they would not be in parliament buildings.. Religion is the last thing they are thinking about and the true religious folk who do stand for the right reasons are the ones who are going to pay.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

This Iran conflict has nothing to do with whether or not Iran has nuclear weapons. The US and Israeli intelligence agencies both claimed themselves that Iran neither has nuclear weapons nor is attempting to create them. The governments involved in this situation obviously do not care about regional stability. There are ulterior motives here. The nuke issue is just an excuse to throw on the mass public to gather what support they can from the blind and ignorant.
There probably will be a war and/or complete destabilization of the government of Iran and there's nothing we can do about it. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

Isnt this what they said about Libya and Syria as well? Look, just last week they abandoned their port in Syria with their tails between their legs as they know it is imminent.

Remember those report of the evacuation of Tartus is coming from the likes of Debka. The reality is that the Russians are still using Tartus and have the Amur Class Floating Workshop PM-138 stationed there. They need Tartus to serve as support to vessels on anti piracy patrols that transit the region to and from the Red Sea and Horn of Africa. When Debka was bleating about the port being abandoned the Floating Workshop was still there and the Russians made plans to replace it with another Black Sea Fleet Vessel at the end of September.

Russia Sees No Need to Withdraw Naval Base from Syria Russian Navy's technical maintenance base in Syrian port Tartus operates as usual, there are no need to evacuate personnel and equipment, a spokesman of Russian General Staff told Interfax-AVN on Sept 4. "Indeed, deployment plan of the Russian Navy task force implied possible evacuation of Russian staff from Tartus. With this end in view, Russian landing ships called in Tartus early in Aug to refuel and replenish supplies. However, neither people nor equipment were taken aboard", said the interviewee. He specified that the plan was made for the case of aggravation in Syrian crisis. It was supposed to evacuate people, arms, documents, and valuable equipment to Novorossiysk. "The rest things were to be destroyed by a special-purpose team", the spokesman said.

rusnavy.com...

I can pick up the Morse Code weather broadcasts from Russian Navy Auxiliary vessels here in the UK. On the 6th September at 18 GMT the Floating Workshop PM-138 was still transmitting weather and stationed at Tartus. Latitude and longitude stripped out from the international weather transmission.

7763 Kilohertz RCV is Sevastopol, RBIZ is Floating Workshop.

RCV DE RBIZ 06181 99349 10358 22200 @1808Z

34.9N 35.8E Hove to

goo.gl...

The PM-138, Call sign RBIZ, is due to be replaced by another vessel in late September. See following news article.

'Black Sea Fleet HQ Denies Tartus Base Evacuation'

rusnavy.com...

10 September, 0010 GMT, and this is the following Morse Code Weather transmission from the Amur Class Floating Workshop PM-138. Still at Tartus, Syria.

7763 Kilohertz

RCV DE RBIZ 691 17 10 0400 691 BT FOR RJE73 RJH45 BT
10001 99349 10358 41597 42302 10260 40050 50000 70200 84100 22200 00270 20000 88000 10014 BT AR RBIZ K

The full weather code is in international weather code format.

Weather Code Handbook

The position, course and speed are all contained in the message.

99349 10358 22200

34.9N 35.8E Hove to, Tartus, Syria.

Map Link
edit on 9-9-2012 by tommyjo because: Latest Morse Code weather transmission added

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Personally I am getting a little tired of all the saber rattling. I say if it is gonna hit the fan then it's go time...lets just get it over and done with.

With that said, I don't think Israel or America should take any preemptive action against Iran.

Iran swears that they are only building for "peaceful" purposes, now Russia is confirms that as well.

Fine!!...that will seal Iran's death warrant if they pop a nuke on Israel.

Let them build their nuclear program, and if they use it against Israel or any other country then I say nuke Iran clean off the face of the earth and change it's name to Nuclear Waste Area.

Not allot China or Russia can say about that...since they endorse and are convinced Iran's nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

This is nothing new. Look at this from January 15th 2012!

"Russia: Attack on Tehran is Attack on Moscow"
www.israelnationalnews.com...

You really think the missile shield in Cuba and the attack subs patroling the gulf are just bluffs?

"Russian Attack Submarine Sailed in Gulf of Mexico Undetected for Weeks"
nation.foxnews.com...

"Russian arms in US backyard: Back in Cuba"
rt.com...

Russia's policy is one of strategic balance. They will always counter any threat! They will not back down! Russia and China, are the only reasons we are not on the ground in Iran right now!

Is Iran untouchable? Israel says no, but if it meant war upon our shores Israel may be on her own here! 15 million Israeli friends may be led to slaughter if we are not very careful here!

An all out attack by Russia would see Israel and Saudi Arabia in flames, and open war upon our shores! How would the world split if they had to chose between China-Russia and Company or US and Allies?

Let's just pray that common sense will come into play here and that the perceived human cost required will derail the blood lust! One thing we must consider is that unless we can occupy Iran any attack will just hasten in a nuclear Iran! They will just dig deeper and work faster!

Also how can Iran run those facilities for years on end with no result? They didnt!

"Iran has enough uranium for 5 bombs: expert"
www.reuters.com...

I really think the whole show is more akin to the UK's posturing pre WWI. They wanted to see Europe in flames as their empire was threatened etc!!! Is the US empire under attack today? It may seem like Israel's ball game, but I think it is the USA's game! I guess we need to see our threats burdened with all out war!
edit on 9-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
at least the world has one tough leader, however misaligned -

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I think when they attack Iran...they will be stopped. However...it's the American people that will be stopped as well as anyone in the military....all of the politicians and International Bankers will run like cowardly rats to whatever safe haven they have already gotten put in place for the inevitable. The instigators of these wars will not be seen anywhere in America once America gets attacked for the actions of those loser Bankers and politicians. It's the American people who will, once again, foot the bill.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Regardless of whether or not Iran is building a nuke shouldn't even be the debate here, all the surrounding countries have them and clearly they use them as bargaining chips to not be attacked by other countries. Iran plans to enrich uranium far past the point of electrical power needs, common sense would tell you that means arms plans in the future. They probably want to have the same power and respect of the surrounding area so to say simply 'there's no evidence they are building a nuke' is pretty childish and foolhardy. Since clearly... again, power is all anyone in a major position ever cares about, that and being respected, take a history lesson people.
edit on 9-9-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah and he makes up laws to put people in prison too. He's a real gem, he set back Russian progress about 30 years. Great job Putin.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by gladtobehere
What a bizarre twist of events that 70 years after WW2, the Western nations are the aggressors and the so called Communists are the peace keepers.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

edit on 9-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Amazing isn't it. The godless ones are seekng peaceful measures and the religious fanatics are pushing for war. Doesn't it tell you something? Religion is Evil.

Not really amazing, Both sides are godless. America is just better at it because as it says in the bible...

2 Corinthians 11:14 - "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

Hence, the American government is "acting" like Christians and they ARE NOT.

Again, as the Bible says .....

Matthew 7:15-7:17

"(15) Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. (16) By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? (17) Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.

This is the REAL American government now days. I repeat they are not Christians.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
this is ridiculous. Both Russians and Americans are the good-cop, bad-cop. They work together. They are controlled by the family of the 300. There is no competition, there is no fighting. It is the illusion created for us.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

I'm not big on Bible quotes but I rather enjoyed that and completely agree with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Don't attack Iran, Russia starkly warns Israel and U.S.

[url=http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/06/dont-attack-iran-russia-starkly-warns-israel-and-u-s/?

“We warn those who are no strangers to military solutions … that this would be harmful, literally disastrous for regional stability,” Interfax quoted Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov as saying.

Russia is giving very good advice here but I think that Russia has done a deal to permit an attack on Iran. Either that or they realize that the crushing of the regime of the mullahs in Iran could very well remove the stated case for the installation of the Central European missile shield advocated by America and its allies in the region, a shield that Russia believes is actually aimed at Russia, not Iran.

I am very confident that we will see an attack on Iran, probably before the election in the US. This would be part of another deal between Obama and the Israelis who have a mutuality of interests in an attack, Obama as a "wag the dog" electoral ploy and Israel taking advantage of a rare case of parallel intentions with the Obama White House, to strike at Iran.

If there is no strike on Iran before the US election, I will be very surprised. If there is it will be strategically advantageous to the Russians and they will not do more than "tut, tut" about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I know Russia helped with the building of the Iranian Reactors.

Does anyone know if the Russians stayed on, with the running of the Reactors?

This could muddy any waters up concerning a attack, if Russian lives are lost.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
Personally I am getting a little tired of all the saber rattling. I say if it is gonna hit the fan then it's go time...lets just get it over and done with.

With that said, I don't think Israel or America should take any preemptive action against Iran.

Iran swears that they are only building for "peaceful" purposes, now Russia is confirms that as well.

Fine!!...that will seal Iran's death warrant if they pop a nuke on Israel.

Let them build their nuclear program, and if they use it against Israel or any other country then I say nuke Iran clean off the face of the earth and change it's name to Nuclear Waste Area.

Not allot China or Russia can say about that...since they endorse and are convinced Iran's nuclear program is for "peaceful purposes"

If Israel nukes Iran would you agree that Israel should be nuked off the face of the planet? After all Israel has threatened the world with a nuke attack.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

This is the REAL American government now days. I repeat they are not Christians.

Who says the American government is supposed to act like Christians? America isn't a Christian nation so why should we act like something we're not?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kluute

and Russia, China and Iran are the defenders of peace and love.....LOL

Simply put, Russia and China are looking to defend Iran for their benefit, nothing else.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by Kluute

and Russia, China and Iran are the defenders of peace and love.....LOL

Simply put, Russia and China are looking to defend Iran for their benefit, nothing else.

Russia says for strategic balance! They will always counter any threat and will not back down! Maybe they can be bought, but if not Iran is off limits!

Russia: Attack on Tehran is Attack on Moscow
www.israelnationalnews.com...

All things are for sale though, right? I imagine Irans days are numbered!
edit on 9-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join