It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Hippie Movement was a serious societal setback......and here's why

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have been on Dead Lot. Know the actions of Shakedown Street. In the 60s 70s there were two "families" born. Berkeley and Haight. Berkley was known to have many of the chemical "drums" of '___'-25 fro the govt. Haight was known to have some knowledgeable chemists on hand. The drums were full of raw crystal in its pure form. There were actually about 7 forms of theis "crys." One gram laid 100 sheets with 100 hits. One "book" of seven sheets cost about $500. SO 7 sheets of 100 hits sold at $3 each on lot $5 off netted a profit of $1600 -$2500. The cops knew the "kids" who suddenly had money and kept an eye out because the dead had just came to town. The best CIA experiment was to let the masses try it in the "real world" outside of clinical experiments. If anybody died, "that dirty hippie should not have eaten the "yellow pill", the dirty "drug addict" had what was coming to him now excuse me I need to take my valium after seeing this anti-American stuff."
Berkley family was allowed to continue to spread "open mindedness" while occasionally turning over the guy they built up creating a need for the creation of the DEA to protect he country. Somebody was always willing to step up to the plate and take over. Much like you see in today's "world of terror." Berkeley helped build the DEAs much needed budget. More busts showed greater threat and with that came a bigger budget. I believe the CIA and DEA work in tandem. One feeds the other and both have a huge budget.
edit on 9-9-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye

Originally posted by linknumbernine
reply to [url= by IandEye[/url]

At least they had a better sense of spiritualism then most of todays clowns.

"spiritualism" is the individual's experience whereas "religion" is a group experience. Complete devotion to spiritualism is nothing more than holy narcissism, batman

what the hell are you talking about? Man, how long have you been completely disconnected from society?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm not bothering to address the fairytale of christianity here.

What I will say is the "hippie" was fabricated to diffuse and belittle and 'dangerous' intellectual beatnick element that had emerged from the 50s. Give 'em all a head full of drugs and make cartoons out of them.

Still a threat? Trot out the Beatles and get the youth sucked into that

When that wasn't effective enough, put Charlie Manson into play.

The previous generation was adequately programmed to accept all this silliness by the preceding decades worth of garbage produced by Hollywood to form their political ethos.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

"spiritualism" is the individual's experience whereas "religion" is a group experience. Complete devotion to spiritualism is nothing more than holy narcissism, batman

what the hell are you talking about? Man, how long have you been completely disconnected from society?

these are the definitions you would learn in religious studies 101 at any university from any PhD. Can you reply to the statements and not to the person?
edit on 9-9-2012 by IandEye because: spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Star128
I'm not bothering to address the fairytale of christianity here.

What I will say is the "hippie" was fabricated to diffuse and belittle and 'dangerous' intellectual beatnick element that had emerged from the 50s. Give 'em all a head full of drugs and make cartoons out of them.

Still a threat? Trot out the Beatles and get the youth sucked into that

When that wasn't effective enough, put Charlie Manson into play.

The previous generation was adequately programmed to accept all this silliness by the preceding decades worth of garbage produced by Hollywood to form their political ethos.

yes yes and YES!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

hehe gotta love the Amish,

Culturally the 60's were an interesting time, these days everthing does seem a bit sterile and pre-packaged. When i was a kid people were getting into punk ( never into all that negativity) then there was the zippies ( bit like hippies) modern 90's kids doing e and clubbing. Not even sure what you'd call the modern different sociological groupings.

*puts on slippers and cardigan

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

hehe gotta love the Amish,

Culturally the 60's were an interesting time, these days everthing does seem a bit sterile and pre-packaged. When i was a kid people were getting into punk ( never into all that negativity) then there was the zippies ( bit like hippies) modern 90's kids doing e and clubbing. Not even sure what you'd call the modern different sociological groupings.

*puts on slippers and cardigan

what.....no corn cob pipe?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

these are the definitions you would learn in religious studies 101 at any university from any PhD. Can you reply to the statements and not to the person?
edit on 9-9-2012 by IandEye because: spelling

Spirituality isn't an individual thing for a start, at least it doesn't have to be, religion well that's just organized control (to anyone with a rational mind).

Generations have their own rebels so to speak, whether it be hippy, punk or anything else which rallies against injustice. The movement may seem different but the ideals remain.

ALL of these movements had spirit, pure and true, and without it, this world may have been even closer to a police state run planet

edit on 9-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hippies is just another name for something you clearly dont understand.
Line the second.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Star128

Hollywood controlled the generation prior to the generation that spawned the hippie movement.

That would be funny if you had any idea of history......unfortunately prior to the 60's .....few people had the money to see movies on a regular basis.

Prior to the 60's......few people had access to televisions....let alone actually own their own.

The cinematic event of the 50's was the King's coronation. Recorded in colour, it was the first time many people saw moving pictures and has been recorded as such.

How would Hollywood have been able to control the masses as you have stated?

It is pretty sad when someone from another country has to tell a Yank about history in the USA.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

the shame is that some of that stuff was actually ok. stilll.....white people playing the blues is why we have rap music now- its punishment for trying to steal black soul.

It is a shame that building on what is previously there is considered stealling because everything that exist now has been stolen many times to be what it is now.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to post by Star128

Hollywood controlled the generation prior to the generation that spawned the hippie movement.

That would be funny if you had any idea of history......unfortunately prior to the 60's .....few people had the money to see movies on a regular basis.

Prior to the 60's......few people had access to televisions....let alone actually own their own.

The cinematic event of the 50's was the King's coronation. Recorded in colour, it was the first time many people saw moving pictures and has been recorded as such.

How would Hollywood have been able to control the masses as you have stated?

It is pretty sad when someone from another country has to tell a Yank about history in the USA.

Good thing "CIA/DoD (protectors of the top 1% wealth monopoly complex) vetted and approved propaganda movies" came to save the day right around the same time.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

you ever met someone who defines themselves by what they aren't? hippies were anti-VietNam war, anti-establishment, anti-Parents.....John Lennon- Mr. Peace- used to beat women....did you know that?

So people can't change? And if they do then they're supposed to be judged only on what they've done, not what they've become?

Hopefully one day you're not judged by the same stick when you're trying to accomplish something meaningful. I was well aware of Lennon's past and I'll be honest and say that it did come as a shock. But as far as I know, it was something that happened in his past, not something that he continued on into his future. Going by what he accomplished after breaking away from the Beatles, it seems that he learned his lesson and was trying to promote some sensible values and morals in a world that was increasingly losing theirs. And besides, he still did more to promote world peace than most others can say. That includes you and I.

We know that all those who try and enact some real change are taken out. Especially those from the era Lennon was prominent in.

I don't dispute your findings at all though. I believe that what you stated exactly what happened and I agree with your sentiment towards the hippie movements plastic love. It just seems to me more that you are trying to attack a segment of the population instead of trying to help the movement and correct their wrongs.The hippie movement was a genuine movement that got infiltrated. You should have focused more on the dirtbags who did the infiltrating.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Really, OP? You hate and denounce people that live by love that harms no one, are anti war, pro peace yet attempt to rationalize and defend a billionaire's pedophilia.

Check His Post HERE

Maybe your physical problem (now public as you posted publicly about it) is a major motivator for this sick philosophy of yours?

Seriously, get mental help.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Really, OP? You hate and denounce people that live by love that harms no one, are anti war, pro peace yet attempt to rationalize and defend a billionaire's pedophilia.

Check His Post HERE

Maybe your physical problem (now public as you posted publicly about it) is a major motivator for this sick philosophy of yours?

Seriously, get mental help.

I don't think any of you are getting what he's actually trying to convey here. Maybe I don't either.

Hippies were a scapegoat. Real message, but manipulated to benefit the state. It worked.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You really couldn't explain that time. You had to be there. Obviously the OP wasn't.

The movement was started by (I think 4) college students. Not drop outs.

It was a time of questioning what really mattered in life.

It was surreal and the closest thing to God I ever got (and I did not do drugs).

Sadly - - the drug movement - - which was actually separate - - started almost simultaneously in the same area.

And just like the OWS - - - every loser - drifter - opportunist - and anyone who had nothing better to do joined in.

The drugs and the opportunist/hanger-ons - - is what brought everything crashing down.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

I don't think any of you are getting what he's actually trying to convey here. Maybe I don't either.

Hippies were a scapegoat. Real message, but manipulated to benefit the state. It worked.

I'm fully aware of this particular conspiracy theory.

I just don't happen to believe it or agree.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
**sniff**, **sniff**, what's that I smell? I think it's troll food. This whole thread I am afraid is just a ploy to get fed.

Let me ask you this?
How many people have been killed by hippies, for not accepting the one and only true god?
How many people have been incarcerated by hippies simply for their beliefs of for profit?
How many people have been made homeless by hippies foreclosing on their homes?
How many people have starved because a hippie felt that the person was too "beneath them" to feed
How many people have died because hippies felt war was the only option?

need I go on?

You play the blame game, but you don't even know me, you call me a Luciferian, but you have no clue which pantheon I worship. Things arn't going your way in life so you got to blame somebody else other than yourself, I get it. But to make such a blanketed statement, simply shows ignorance.

I sir, am proud to call myself a hippie, and view it this way, got a problem with hippies, then deal with it, it's you're problem.

To all my brothers and sisters, as they ay, "We Are Everywhere!!"

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
how can using the senses God gave you be luciferian.

if anything satan doesn't want you to enjoy the scent of fresh grass in the morning dew, or the taste of a good cheese, or the pleasure of music.

these are gifts from God and are for your enjoyment.

i would imagine it would please God to enjoy them as much as it would please you when someone finds enjoyment and pleasure in a gift you gave them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join