It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Hippie Movement was a serious societal setback......and here's why

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this won't be a cohesive post like phage or destinyone might do, so I apologize for that. instead it is going to be a rambling of different thoughts randomly written for anyone to read....

where to begin....where to begin....

Hippies are Jews with a Kibbutz, Gnostic without Knowledge. the off-springs of middle-class white people muddling about society looking for unconditional love.....

Hippies are Christians without God. think about it- you'll see them drumming to the full moon, dosing on acid, hiking through the woods barefoot......these are all sensual activities. they worship what they can see, taste, smell, feel, and hear (they know everything about music festivals, right?) how is that any different from a Luciferian?

it's not their fault, really. its the fault of Christian ideals in government. Im not attacking Christians so please don't take offense and read what i'm writing. here it is: if God is Love then anything else is evil, evil to the point of being kill-able, if not ostracized or misunderstood. But what is Love? to a hippie it is sensual pleasure....its not the giving of unconditional love but rather the entitled demand of receiving it. so anything that interferes with their pleasure-seeking or loving of their senses is deemed "bad" or "republican" or whatever they lash out with.

you may not know this but the hippie movement was instigated by the US government (or Tavistock, im not sure since i wasn't born yet). The grateful dead (jerry GuitAR-CIA) had unlimited amounts of free acid to give out at their concerts at a time when only the CIA had access to it (yes, later it was made by private individuals, but we're talking millions of hits of FREE acid....) Cocaine too- Jimi Hendrix remarked how many of his shows weren't fun because his audience was completely out-of-control coked up. I read somehwere that there were real, porgressive groups happening in the early 60s that had the potential to create real change, but they were infiltrated by drug-peddling sex-addicts who had catch phrases about "love" and "happiness". as we know- the changes that would have led America to equality and peace never really happened.

you ever met someone who defines themselves by what they aren't? hippies were anti-VietNam war, anti-establishment, anti-Parents.....John Lennon- Mr. Peace- used to beat women....did you know that?

the entire LA music scene of the 60's was crafted by military brats working for the government. ever wondered why it sucked so bad compared to Macon, Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, New Orleans and so on? the Byrds couldnt even play their instruments according to their producers and real musicians were hired to play on the albums. how many millions of trillions of dollars were made by the music industry (organized crime) off these penniless hippies over the last 40 years? the shame is that some of that stuff was actually ok. stilll.....white people playing the blues is why we have rap music now- its punishment for trying to steal black soul.

Why am i so vehemently opposed to Hippies? because, like the ANTI-CHRIST, they come in the name of love but their version of what love is differs from everyone else's and even changes over time to suit their needs. they are Luciferian in spirit- they worship what makes them feel good and consider themselves to holy for it. please......

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The original hippies failed because they got greedy...SUPER GREEDY!

Look at the 80's consumerism brought them back to the flock and boomers became the doomers!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Wow.

Feel the hate.

I didn't realise that there actually were people in the world like Eric Cartman.

Bravo IandEye.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think I would consider myself a 'modern hippie', so let's see how right you are.

*Hippies are Jews with a Kibbutz,
I'm not Jewish and have no idea what a Kibbutz is.
*Gnostic without Knowledge
What knowledge are you referring to?
*the off-springs of middle-class white people muddling about society looking for unconditional love.....
My parents are neither middle class nor white, and whats wrong with unconditional love? Do you want war or something? If thats the case then go ahead, join the marines and see how war really is.

*Hippies are Christians without God.
I'm not a christian and who are you to tell me I am not with God? Are you pretending to be a priest?

think about it- you'll see them drumming to the full moon, dosing on acid, hiking through the woods barefoot......these are all sensual activities. they worship what they can see, taste, smell, feel, and hear (they know everything about music festivals, right?) how is that any different from a Luciferian?

They 'worship' what they can see, taste, smell, feel and hear because everything we can see, taste, smell, feel and hear is godly. How are you any different from a jew-hating hitler?

*they are Luciferian in spirit- they worship what makes them feel good and consider themselves to holy for it. please......
Isn't god supposed to feel good? If it feels good, why does it have to be associated with lucifer? I guarantee I have more spirituality and connection with 'God' in one of my ass hairs than you do in your whole body. The amount of stupidity in your post makes me

edit on 9-9-2012 by avwood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Wow.

Feel the hate.

I didn't realise that there actually were people in the world like Eric Cartman.

Bravo IandEye.

I'm sorry you see life as a tv show
lol....i didn't cut them up and serve them to their angsty kids as chili.
it's not hate- lts "righteous love"....see I can play the game too.
had hippies not degraded "love" there might still be some left.

ok I almost let you get away with such a lame post......
did you want to respond to any of the 37 points I made in the op or do you just want to attack me with emotion? You're not a hippie.....are you?
how many neglected dogs have you rescued because some self-loving hippie had something better to do? How much garbage have you ever picked up from a hippie picnic in the woods?

you see- 99% of the hippies equate love with self-love....they preach love & non-violence while smoking a roll-your-own with a beer. Sure- you don't recognize those as being destructive behaviors if you do them, but they are.
edit on 9-9-2012 by IandEye because: edited

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hey got to blame somebody to feel better right.. All I can say is wow. I thought the hippie hate bashing died long ago.
For some reason The Darwin Award comes to mind after reading this

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
naa, here ya go....
those hippy's had three world problems thrust on their lives....to try to make sense of in a time of confusion.
atomic and cold war ....the hate seen in the older generation that said..."let's bomb them"
then ecology and pollution, they got active about that quickly....
I can't remember the third one.....maybe multi-national big business and the outlook for a future....

they were going for the spiritual side of existence......they knew love was critical, and the rest was lost as time went on......the struggle , being brutal, kind of left every man for himself. everyone went to their own lifestyle and the movement that was so easily apparrent, became disolved into the new era.
before the movement the older generation was controlling life, and the youth movement kicked back against that model.....kicked back ......discovered the value of persons, relationships for life and career( which was a real mystery), and found that God is real...and is magically supernatural, and they sort of "curled up" in God's arms to be good soldiers for the coming end of days.

edit on 9-9-2012 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ...coolest of names

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Whatever you are smokin',..

...put it DOWN NOW MAN.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Not all hippies are bad.

I consider hippies as martyrs: they paved and set the example of what NOT to be; by sacrificing themselves via social indifference.

Sure, it seems cool not paying rent, working, buying your own... you know those things. But down the line, that lifestyle is ultimately unproductive and very moochful. Self-serving.

You can't help to be a bit envious, though. Some of those hippies saw more tail than we could ever look up online!
Ahhhh to be a hippie.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
of the many and varied 'types' of people i've encountered in my life, those that would be referred to as 'hippies' have without question been the most peaceful, the most intelligent and the most open-minded. by a country mile. by contrast, the people that would be referred to as 'normal' have demonstrated the opposite of those traits on many, many occasions.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
How can you hate hippies? What is there to hate?

A great time in history for music though....

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

I'm sorry you see life as a tv show lol....i didn't cut them up and serve them to their angsty kids as chili. it's not hate- lts "righteous love"....see I can play the game too. had hippies not degraded "love" there might still be some left. ok I almost let you get away with such a lame post...... did you want to respond to any of the 37 points I made in the op or do you just want to attack me with emotion? You're not a hippie.....are you? how many neglected dogs have you rescued because some self-loving hippie had something better to do? How much garbage have you ever picked up from a hippie picnic in the woods? you see- 99% of the hippies equate love with self-love....they preach love & non-violence while smoking a roll-your-own with a beer. Sure- you don't recognize those as being destructive behaviors if you do them, but they are.

Wow. Good comeback.............You really showed me.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by IandEye

you may not know this but the hippie movement was instigated by the US government (or Tavistock, im not sure since i wasn't born yet).

The reason I don't know that is because it's not true...The US government made every attempt to stop the hippie movement....They considered Hippies and their want for love and not war, a threat to their very existence....

Why? Hippies talk peace and don't want war....Well, the government DOES want war.....As it is a for profit business.

Richard Nixon even tried for years to have John Lennon Deported. He was unable to because all that was on John's record were a couple of possession charges....

Our government was very much against hippies and did everything they could to stop a peace movement....

Now,sadly, those hippies seemed to have grownup and THEY are the one trying to shut down the next generation...So, go figure.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to [url= by avwood[/url]

if by 'priest' you mean 'catholic' then no, I am not. But I do have advanced degrees in buddhism and have met twice with the dalai lama of tibet.

jews withOUT a kibbutz- google it, son.

no god isn't supposed to make you feel good. Feelings really are a reaction to stimuli and have nothing to do with 'god'. Those drug-induced feelings of warm and happiness aren't all that.

since we're being speculative here I'll say that in fact god makes you feel bad in order to help you spiritually grow out of this existence. Feeling good only encourages the wheel of karma to keep spinning.

hippies are like kids who think because they can see god they are god. There have been people who say the sae thing about the vengeful, emotional god walking around the garden of eden.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OP
Your Thread is so full of inaccurate statements and shows a lack of understanding of real history
Some of your accusations are hallucinations.of your own mind

Gerry Garcia CIA - Talk about paranoid delusions.

Well made me laugh anyway

What are you on?

Peace and yes Love
ap

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What do you think OWS is all about?

Hippies of Today

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

They are still at it my friend. It grows stronger every year. You can just feel the evil in this devil worshiping event. Oh the agony , what shall we do!
edit on 9-9-2012 by papazen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Dude, I am a hippie. Live in the country, grow all my own food, hunt all my own food, catch all my own food. My 'footprint' is like a 6.5, and I have been very involved in helping my country at times. I don't drink or take drugs and am very social with my community, who are also alot of hippies of every stripe. We don;t whine we just get it done and help each other. Who are you to judge any movement? WHat have you ever done? Just askin.....We put a major push on the Vietnam war to be stopped, we demonstrated. Really, what have you done to make any kind of difference or create a change? Do you realize how many of our own age kids were getting killed in Vietnam by the draft, and how many committed suicide later? The numbers are damn near equal. This was not a volunteer army. And for what? What was the goal with Vietnam? Why all the killing of our own? Anyone with half a brain could see it was all bull. YOu need a better perspective of history and alittle more respect for your elders.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
reply to [url= by IandEye[/url]

I'm sorry you see life as a tv show lol....i didn't cut them up and serve them to their angsty kids as chili. it's not hate- lts "righteous love"....see I can play the game too. had hippies not degraded "love" there might still be some left. ok I almost let you get away with such a lame post...... did you want to respond to any of the 37 points I made in the op or do you just want to attack me with emotion? You're not a hippie.....are you? how many neglected dogs have you rescued because some self-loving hippie had something better to do? How much garbage have you ever picked up from a hippie picnic in the woods? you see- 99% of the hippies equate love with self-love....they preach love & non-violence while smoking a roll-your-own with a beer. Sure- you don't recognize those as being destructive behaviors if you do them, but they are.

Wow. Good comeback.............You really showed me.

another meaningless contribution to this threadzn why are you here & what are you looking for?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to [url= by papazen[/url]

the only ones using the word 'hate' are the posters attacking me. I never said I hated hippes.....thats like being mad at a kindergartner for not knowing calculus.
edit on 9-9-2012 by IandEye because: removed offensive term

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join