It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Pentagon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
one thing i just never understood about 9-11-01 is why the pentagon, and not the white house.

with all the thought , time, and money put into the attacks of 9-11, why would they have hit the pentagon when the whitehouse just seems like an easier, and more appealing target .

it would have been the easiest building to find in washington dc, and maybe the biggest target to hit in all of america if you want to make a statement.

see why it would have been the easiest to find in an airplane?

edit on 8-9-2012 by elitegamer23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by elitegamer23

The official story is that the Plane that crashed over Pennsylvania was headed for the White House. What I'd like to know is why the countless missile batteries that guard the airspace over the Pentagon didn't seem to notice the airliner headed right for the building.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Because the area of the pentagon that was struck was under construction at the time. They didnt want to hurt any members of the government. The pentagon already being under construction was the perfect place to strike to make it really look like the government was the target.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
flight 93 was headed fo the white house

the pilots were very raw and needed targets they could see easily and recognize and were symbols of american culture and power

like the pentagon

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Pentagon wasn't the target as I've always understood the events of that Morning. It was a target of last resort. There were 4 planes....and 3 targets. and oh my God...would they have been golden to hurting the U.S. if it had worked.

The World Trade Center is obvious. I'll never understand why they fixated on that, but 1993 was the first try and obviously, they never gave up. They finally got it right.

Washington though.... Oh my...... The ONLY person they would have missed in the National Command Authority, had they timed it better and been on time, was President Bush himself. That wouldn't have helped though, because Bush would have been a broken and ruined man. A failure of a leader.... OR...he would have gone postal in ways only a national leader can. Why do I say that?

On the morning of 9/11, as some may forget, there were a couple situations that made the day anything but random.

First.... The First Family AND Vice President were in the White House at the same time. Not a major occurance before 9/11 as it became for years following, but you can bet they checked that before heading to the airports that morning.

More importantly though... Critically, in fact... Congress was in Session on BOTH sides and as I understood it, with very healthy attendance in both the House and Senate.

Target #1: World Trade Center = America's Financial Base (Or so some small minded people believed)

Target #2: The White House = The next level or TWO of the National Command Authority is wiped out on the spot. The family of the President is wiped out. The President survives...a shadow of his former self. Our national symbol is burned to the ground or just blown to pieces.

Target #3: The Capital Building = Almost the ENTIRE Legislative Branch is wiped out which makes replacing anyone, infinitely more complex. The Constitution HAS no provision for mass replacement of entire branches of Government at once.

So.. All the conspiracy theories and ideas of what did or didn't happen aside.... I think that was the intended list and ..ahem..hitting the Pentagon on the most fortified side of the building wasn't the plan.

I mean, how much worse could they have done? Of all 5 sides of the Pentagon, only THAT side had JUST finished re-fitting with fortification to withstand truck bombs or whatever else may explode outside the building....and they happen to line up on THAT side to hit. It's almost insulting to suggest they actually meant to do that. They may as well have driven a Pinto into a brick wall..and in some ways, they did.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
What I'd like to know is why the countless missile batteries that guard the airspace over the Pentagon didn't seem to notice the airliner headed right for the building.

What missile batteries would they be? Care to show some evidence of them?

Also, just have a look at a map of where the Pentagon is located and what is near it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
and both your reasons make it seem fishy to me that the pentagon was hit and not the white house.

just imagine the effect it would have had on the usa if the whitehouse was destroyed totally .

for all the time and effort put into these attacks , u think someone at al qaeda would have raised his hand and said lets nail the white house.

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

the pilots were very raw and needed targets they could see easily and recognize and were symbols of american culture and power

like the pentagon

the white house is just as big a target militarily as the pentagon imo, because the leader of the whole usa military lives there.

in their briefings you would think they would b trained to find the washington monument. it wouldnt even matter which direction you entered DC, u would see this landmark and heading towards it would lead u to the whitehouse.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

If terrorist were really behind this and wanted to do the most damage, they would have aimed their planes for high traffic areas such as the streets of NY. Many more would have died. The towers were destroyed because they had just been insured 1 month prior to the attacks by larry silverstein for 3.8 billion. He made money by lending his towers for destruction, in one of the biggest insurance frauds of all time.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by elitegamer23

The official story is that the Plane that crashed over Pennsylvania was headed for the White House. What I'd like to know is why the countless missile batteries that guard the airspace over the Pentagon didn't seem to notice the airliner headed right for the building.

prior to 9/11, there were no missile batteries anywhere. We all ASSUMED there were....had to be...right? Well..there weren't and Fighters stopped the "Alert" standby on runways long before that day came..so literally, nothing was 'good to go' to defend against this. No one believed in a real sense, this could ever happen. That was a good part of why I think most of America and Government went into total shock. Everyone had seen it on movies...and on movies, there is always a missile team ready to zap the villain...

However... We're talking the REAL Government. This is the same Government who insured the National Guardsmen AFTER 9/11 and in our Airports had unloaded rifles and empty magazines inserted in them. They had loaded magazines in their pouches, but those were EMPTY Rifles everyone was looking at and feeling better for.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Whether there were missile batteries or not, would you admit Cheney was in the bunker receiving updates as to the plane's location?

Did you know after the WTC impacts, Secret Service agents manned the roof of the White House with anti-aircraft missiles?

Would it be fair to assume they might have that capability at the Pentagon also?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

Oh wait, here's my official tourist map of all military air defense installations.
Pick yours up at 7-11 like I did.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
if they could get the pentagon and the twin towers, they could've got the white house.

any "terrorists" with the capability to destroy the WTC and a side of the pentagon would undoubtedly have thought about the white house as a legitimate target. the fact that "terrorists" didn't get the white house makes me wonder exactly who the 'terrorists' are. terrorists would know that bringing the white house down would severely damage the american morale, and therefore make it a prime target.

but of course, bush didn't really want to have his home ruined did he.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by spoor

Oh wait, here's my official tourist map of all military air defense installations.
Pick yours up at 7-11 like I did.

congrats youre on a list now, if you werent already !

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
if they could get the pentagon and the twin towers, they could've got the white house.

any "terrorists" with the capability to destroy the WTC and a side of the pentagon would undoubtedly have thought about the white house as a legitimate target. the fact that "terrorists" didn't get the white house makes me wonder exactly who the 'terrorists' are. terrorists would know that bringing the white house down would severely damage the american morale, and therefore make it a prime target.

that is kinda exactly what im getting at here. i dont understand how bin laden wouldnt insist the white house be as important as the wtc to hit.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny

In that line, if Bin Laden had been working with Pilots and not Jihadis who had to learn all this from scratch, and 'behind enemy lines' as they saw it, he could have hit the 4 most vulnerable and strategic nuclear power centers in the United States and killed millions, not thousands. how about Fort Detrick, Maryland? Might have taken TWO planes to actually crack open their BL-IV lab and spread juicy goodness all over 3 states...but IF...

He could have used just 3 of them...since they were cross country flights...to hit 3 less than advertised, but far from secret..choke points to the United States Electrical Grid and taken us offline for weeks or months. I'm not sure what a 4th into the face of the Hoover Dam might have done, for example, but I'm guessing....it would have been catastrophic.

A lot Bin Laden could have done..but didn't. Thankfully, criminals and terrorists aren't known for superior intelligence or the world would be in far worse shape than we are.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23
and both your reasons make it seem fishy to me that the pentagon was hit and not the white house.

just imagine the affect it would have had on the usa if the whitehouse was destroyed totally .

for all the time and effort put into these attacks , u think someone at al qaeda would have raised his hand and said lets nail the white house.

like the pentagon

the white house is just as big a target militarily as the pentagon imo, because the leader of the whole usa military lives there.

in their briefings you would think they would b trained to find the washington monument. it wouldnt even matter which direction you entered DC, u would see this landmark and heading towards it would lead u to the whitehouse.

flight

was

headed

for

the

whitehouse

k?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesmokingman

If terrorist were really behind this and wanted to do the most damage, they would have aimed their planes for high traffic areas such as the streets of NY. Many more would have died. The towers were destroyed because they had just been insured 1 month prior to the attacks by larry silverstein for 3.8 billion. He made money by lending his towers for destruction, in one of the biggest insurance frauds of all time.

this was about symbolism

"we chased russia from our lands, and we dealt the great satan a wicked blow"

makes a better recruiting pitch than we killed a bunch of random people.

I believe they wanted to make a caliphate with saudi's oil and pakistans nukes, and they were provoking the US to attack mecca by having what, 9 of the hijackers from SA ? they were sick and tired of being pushed around, and the only way to make it stop is to join the nuclear club.

and spare me the silverstein nonsense. 3.8 billion is chump change. it's 3 bombers. it's insignificant

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

was

headed

for

the

whitehouse

k?

youre kinda being an ass with your spaces but anyways,

how can you be so sure it was heading to the whitehouse?

a quick google search of flight 93s supposed target just states the intended target was never confirmed!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The part of the pentagon that was hit held financial records. Remember a couple of trillion dollars was reported missing just a couple of days before 9/11.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Larry Silverstein, despite not being the owner of the buildings, was the sole beneficiary of the insurance indemnity payments of more than 7 billion Dollars. Good for Larry that he had not forgotten to increase the insurance policies, just in time, when he signed the lease three months before the catastrophe happened: "Larry Silverstein, since July landlord of the towers, demands from the insurers 7,2 billion Dollars compensation, his speaker, Steve Solomon, said. ... The Port Authorities of New York and New Jersey, owners of the WTC, agree with Silverstein's demand." --Die Welt, Berlin, Oct 10, 2001.
globalfire.tv...
Excuse me the total payout was higher than 3.8 with building 7 included. I speak from facts my friend, this was no coincidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join