It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan still on this Earth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I see many people of the faith and not of the faith claim that Satan is still here on the Earth. But, when Brother was talking about his death on the cross he mentioned this:

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Is Jesus talking about Satan being cast out of the world at his death, or at the end times. If the end, why would he use the word now?

Many people blame the devil for all of their problems. My opinion, is that is just an excuse, to excuse said actions that they have done.

When Jesus spoke to his disciples after death, he said:

Matthew 28:18

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

No matter what anyone here tells you, you won't know for a fact until you die. So what it comes down to, is: do you choose truth for knowledge, or truth for the effect that knowledge has? And in that case, what kind of effect are you looking for? Since we're in the game of choosing the truths we want (for lack of absolute certainty) might as well choose the most helpful answer. And what's helpful is entirely up to your discretion.

In other words, your question has no answer. It's perspective you're looking for. And only you know the perspective you need.

Does that answer your questions?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

In other words, your question has no answer. It's perspective you're looking for. And only you know the perspective you need.

This is not the case for I, maybe for others, but perspective for self is not of me. I am inquiring this to know why people steady claim Satan is the cause for all the problems here today, and not the problems of man as a collective.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

So you're looking for opinions, and you'll choose the one you like best? Doesn't sound very professional to me...and in matters of truth, professional is a helpful thing to practice.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jhill76

So you're looking for opinions, and you'll choose the one you like best? Doesn't sound very professional to me...and in matters of truth, professional is a helpful thing to practice.

I choose no opinion, but rather just observation on others. Opinions of others cannot alter what is.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, supposedly Satan is confined to Heaven right now but his spirit can roam the earth. He will be let loose at the sixth trump.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnriven
Well, supposedly Satan is confined to Heaven right now but his spirit can roam the earth. He will be let loose at the sixth trump.

If above is just spirit, how can a spirit be separate from a spirit, as his spirit does not inhabit a vessel? I hope my question makes sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

reply to post by jhill76

No matter what anyone here tells you, you won't know for a fact until you die. So what it comes down to, is: do you choose truth for knowledge, or truth for the effect that knowledge has? And in that case, what kind of effect are you looking for? Since we're in the game of choosing the truths we want (for lack of absolute certainty) might as well choose the most helpful answer. And what's helpful is entirely up to your discretion.

Does that answer your questions?

That sir, was very well said.
I am at a loss.

That is all.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

That is one of the most honest posts I have encountered on one of these threads.

Star for your candid honesty and lack of argument to save face due to said lack of argument.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
I see many people of the faith and not of the faith claim that Satan is still here on the Earth. But, when Brother was talking about his death on the cross he mentioned this:

John 12:31

Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

Is Jesus talking about Satan being cast out of the world at his death, or at the end times. If the end, why would he use the word now?

Many people blame the devil for all of their problems. My opinion, is that is just an excuse, to excuse said actions that they have done.

When Jesus spoke to his disciples after death, he said:

Matthew 28:18

Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Yes Satan are still here this world. but he s not alone there are other fallen angels came down with him.
yes ruler of this world are Satan.

after Jesus died and resurrected. God give to Jesus everything authority for heaven and earth. Jesus is now King of universe.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The ax is at the root. Satan will be removed when the Day of the Lord is up. 1000 more years before this is fully completed. Satan is bound during this time. The Day of the Lord is the day Christ rules the Earth. The sign that Satan is being bound soon is Israel becoming a nation, the final generation of mankind from the moment of the fig tree blooming and the moneychangers being run out of the temple. The moneychangers tables are turned over. Since the temple is still a den of thieves, we are not yet seeing Satan bound. It's very close.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Is this a fact, or a belief?

Answer wisely, if you would.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Well it's doubtful if anything that was said was spoken in English !
So I would argue that the word "now" was never used at all ?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What did "John the Revelator" actually see?

Did he see a story that was lined out for him, line by line, as a chronology?
Did he see a story that was an analogy, showing him the beginning to the end?
Did he see a mix of the two?

I believe it was both.

The book of Revelation is not meant to be taken as a timeline.
The TRUE God reveals His secrets for ANY that choose to seek him.

edit on 7-9-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

What I KNOW for a FACT is that any impression, any kind of emotion, can never be translated into written or spoken language without compromising more of its meaning than is convenient. So to take anything from the Bible as purely true, accurate, or complete, is utter folly.

None of the Bible is as pure as it was when it was still a thought, an emotion, an impression. It is spoiled by the dirt and inefficiency of language. Of our lips, our tongues, of the languages from which the modern languages come, of the various shades of meaning which have been lost with time, and which we wouldn't understand even if they'd survived.

The most important thing to understand, is that it's ONLY understanding. It's not fact. It's perspective. And perspective is used as anesthesia instead of a learning tool. We don't want to learn. We want to forget.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The USA has a lot of deceivers and a really lot of people who have been or are presently deceived. I don't know if that means the devil is running it or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's easier to pretend that we have nothing to do with it, than to blame our fellows and realize we were complicit.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

reply to post by EnochWasRight

Is this a fact, or a belief?

Answer wisely, if you would.

1) The ax is at the root.

Matthew 3

10“The axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

11“As for me, I baptize you with water for repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, and I am not fit to remove His sandals; He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12“His winnowing fork is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clear His threshing floor; and He will gather His wheat into the barn, but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

This has not happened yet. What does this look like?

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

The saints will be gathered to rest in their chambers. The enemy will be removed. After this, the dead in Christ will rise again on the Earth. "You must be born again." According to Acts 24, the righteous and wicked will rise on the last day. Revelation 1:7 says that all eyes will see, all knees bow, even those who pierced Christ. In other words, all souls are on Earth to see Christ return. That is now. 7 billion souls. From this, there is a second death. The Saints will not experience the second death, but the wicked will when the Saints are removed to a resting place while the earth is cleared of weeds.

2) Satan will be removed when the Day of the Lord is up. 1000 more years before this is fully completed. Satan is bound during this time.

Revelation 20:3

He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.

3) The Day of the Lord is the day Christ rules the Earth.

Zechariah 14

9 The Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.

AUDIO

We will know it when Christ returns. ON THAT DAY THERE WILL BE ONE LORD. Why are there two today? Read the very next document that I have linked below. It tells of the Angel of Light and the Angel of Darkness and their job here on Earth.

4) The sign that Satan is being bound soon is Israel becoming a nation, the final generation of mankind from the moment of the fig tree blooming and the moneychangers being run out of the temple. The moneychangers tables are turned over. Since the temple is still a den of thieves, we are not yet seeing Satan bound. It's very close.

Man as we know it is in its final generation. A generation is the tick of the clock on the precession of the axis. The precession is approximately 26000 years. One tick is 26000 divided by 360 = 72.2222. Jesus said those days would be shortened or no flesh would survive. He also stated that when the Fig Tree (Israel) begins to bloom, THIS generation would see all these things happen. One of the things that happen is Jude 1 and 1 Enoch when the Angels and Christ come to make the enemies his footstool. Matthew 24 is where you find the fig tree and the days being cut short.

Israel became a nation in 1948. Add 70 years and you get 2018. From 2012 - 2018, there will be a 7 year period of tribulation.

How do we know? The fallen angels fell at 33.33 X 33.33 on Mt. Hermon. This uses the Paris Meridian as zero. Paris to Mt. Hermon is 2012.9 miles. If you travel west 33.33 from Mt. Hermon, then travel 33.33 south, you have traveled 2012.9 from zero point at Mt. Hermon in a straight line. 2012.9 is how far the Mason travels before the builders that reject the cornerstone are removed. The builders are the ones creating Babel again. They include the moneychangers and High Priests.

During that time, the enemies will rise to full power. As indicated in THIS DOCUMENT, that time is marked by lawlessness and the Angel of Darkness gaining an upper hand. This is a time of testing when the sheep and the wolves are separated fully. Faith must be tested to see if it is refined. If not, there will be 1000 years to refine further when Satan is loosed. Notice the progression of Mankind below. Father, Son, Holy Spirit and finally Salvation at the end of a Biblical week of 7000 years.

According to the Epistle of Barnabas, the end comes for Satan when 6000 years have passed.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:3 "Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

Epistle of Barnabas 15:4

Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years; and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end."

To see this clearly, let’s put the information into context with the entire story of the Bible:

-Adam to Abraham 2000 Years of Age 1 (FATHER)
-Abraham to Jesus 2000 Years of Age 2 (SON)
-Jesus to Today 2000 Years of Age 3 (HOLY SPIRIT)
-Day of Rest (Day of the Lord) 1000 years (SALVATION)

The Book of Enoch also stated that the Watchers had 70 generations before they were judged and the angels come as an army to remove them. Enoch was taken by God at around 950 years into man's time on Earth. 70 generations times 72.222 is 5055, but we do not know when the judgement starts. One thing we can be sure of, it's very close to that time of 6000 years. The way to know for sure is the Fig Tree.

Further, Israel has a tradition of memorizing Psalms 111-118. These verses are their most prized. 111-112 is an acrostic of the Hebrew letter. 119 is also an acrostic. I believe that 111 is 2011, a time to awaken. 112 is a time to give. 112-115 is a 3.5 year period of tribulation. in 2015, the Antichrist is revealed. Psalm 118 is the gates of heaven opening and some type of final victory.

Specifically, these are the Hallel Psalms.

Keep one thing in mind. In the beginning of this post, I outlined Matthew 3. This is when the "Experts" in the law were coming to be baptized. John told them that they were a vipers and that they would not get baptized, but would instead be burned in the fire. Water puts out fire. Faith and repentance allows us to escape the flames. By believing in Christ, we are not bound in the fire. Our salvation comes at the end of 1000 years when we have lived on Earth in peace with Christ.

We are all thieves. All those who are thieves will be judged. There were two thieves on the cross. One repented with his mouth and the other cursed the cross he was crucified on. In Genesis 40, we have the same two thieves pictured as the cup bearer and the baker. The baker will bake. The cup bearer ( like Christians bearing the cup now) will escape Egypt. The story of Egypt, Joseph and those who flee the wrath happens after seven years of tribulation. It's a foreshadowing, just as the first century was when Christ overturned the tables of the moneychangers. The ENTIRE Bible is a document for us today, as well as a hitchhiker's guide for the world to come.

To answer your question. All axioms are based on what is most evident and do not need proof. They are evident to those who have looked closely. This is a belief, as all axioms are. I believe. You may not and this is your choice. Evident needs evidence. I have plenty.

edit on 8-9-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
"Satan" will always have dominion on Earth unless we get rid of money and the influence it has over people's minds.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It's interesting how OP says "this earth", as though there's more than one earth, and more than one earth for "Satan"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join