It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan still on this Earth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

If that's what he was implying then I'm pretty sure he's right about it.

Greed is a natural emotion/feeling that doesn't start nor end with Earth. We are only one of many planets that are run by the greedy, a.k.a. Satan.
edit on 8-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Greed is not an emotion, desire is an emotion. Greed is a sickness or possibly a disease. Wealthy is not related to greed either. People of all classes and lifestyle can get greedy.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
He is the great whisperer.
It is his breath that is his tool for now.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I used emotion for lack of a better word, but yes you are right, everyone is greedy but money only compounds that greed.

It's ok to be greedy in some situations when it comes to survival like with food but greed for man-made money is the main thing wrong with the world today. Greed for money is why wars are fought and why people starve and are poor. Greed for money is Satan in my opinion and humans are the only ones who desire it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Is Jesus talking...

Does the Easter Bunny talk? Santa? Tar Baby?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

It's ok to be greedy in some situations when it comes to survival like with food

If greed is the root of all evil like you say then there would be no situations where it would be ok.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

When you stock up for survival and look out for the needs of your family, that is not greed. Preparedness for survival is a part of need. Compassion to others is part of life but a family's survival supersedes it if necessary. If something happens and I see someone starving, I will then decide if the situation allows me to help them. If I see an end in sight or a good soul in the person I will help. I doubt if anything is going to happen that is very bad, but what people in the area where you are do and act like during this is what determines the outcome of the event in that area.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Listerine.

Handy-dandy Listerine.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Greed is not the root of all evil. The root of all evil is the desire to always take more than you need, and never give as much as you should. Besides, evil is not absolute, and I'll tell you why: we cannot factor all the variables required to determine whether the giving and the taking were balanced out, due to the extensive consequences of every action, to the most minute degree in the far far future. Therefore, we cannot say for certain whether an action is ultimately evil or good. Even if we could factor those variables - ALL of them - we have a very difficult time observing the results from an objective view point. And that's the crux of it all...emotion. How we feel about it. Fear, anger, sadness, joy, hope, love.

No object or creature is evil or good, only its actions are. If it was designed to act purely evil, then it might be considered evil. But I wouldn't trust anyone calling something evil, because we're always interested in serving ourselves above all. Therefore, theoretically, anything evil could be something acting for the good of all at the detriment of the self, or the detriment of every individual person separately.

Does this make sense?
edit on 8-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

First paragraph i think that faith in GOD plays a role in actions and you do not recognize that.
Second paragraph made sense to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I agree, I will concede that the need for survival is not greed but what I said about material things like money still stands. Greed for money leads to wars, lies, and poverty.
edit on 8-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightBreeze

Originally posted by deadeyedick

Listerine.

Handy-dandy Listerine.

Did they come out with a Listerine for ones soul yet?
Star for the laughter

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

It's not only money, it is when you want a lot of things at the expense of having a simple and easy life. Do we need the newest I phone so we can brag about it? That's two hundred fifty after tax dollars. Do we need the fastest internet? Nobody has time to think anymore. Do we have to eat foods that cost twice as much just because we can afford it and turn up our noses at others choices? Do we have to prove we are better than others? Why not be in the same class as them so you can be friends. Does pride run your life? Pride in your accomplishments isn't greed as long as you don't let your pride control your mind. People who brag a lot are often shunned by their peers. Are you better than your parents? Maybe, if you have less greed and unfounded pride maybe you are, but remember to always respect your parents even though you may not see eye to eye.

Greed takes many forms. If the SHTF and you are living a glutinous life while others starve to death, do you want to live with that for the rest of your life? It may be necessary but only in the worst cases you can think of. We all have a conscience and our conscience can cause us to destroy ourselves. I will not say you should expose yourself to possible harm by exposing your foodstocks to theft. I am saying that care must be taken not to destroy the way you are, the way you want to be. Many people have sold their souls, they can no longer enjoy peace of mind.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join