It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbelievable Zombie Alert: Peter Schiff 'Undercover' At The DNC (Video)/ Democrats: Let's Ban Pro

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What do you expect?

On one side, you have a Republican party that would make your children work in a coal mine or a shoe factory for $1 a day......all in the name of profit!

On the other, you have a Democratic party that thinks that is horrible and their knee-jerk reaction is to go to the other extreme.....banning profit altogether.

As with all issues, we have to find the middle ground that works best for not only business', but also what's best for the people.

But never forget....the people come first!

I'm not generalizing thinking that all democrats have zero understanding of elementary arithmetic or common sense but these people in this video are beyond the stage of zombieism.

Ya, that's generalizing. It shows more about you than the people you attempt to label.

Want to see some zombies? Talk to a group of Foxnews viewers! They may even try to bite you if you disagree with them!
edit on 6-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
There are many things that there shouldn't be a profit on. Anything that comes from the earth, anything we need to live in our communities, anything we need to move on as a species. So that would pretty much cover food, water, energy, education, housing, health care etc. Don't confuse profit with earned payment. Profit is the excess between the value of work done and the amount charged for that work.

Lots of things shouldn't have profits eliminated. That would be just about anything that qualifies as a want rather than a general need.

Although good because obscene profits is a big part of the problem, companies that want profit would move elsewhere. This kind of goes back to my theory that certain types of government will only be successful if they cover more than half the globe so that they can overtake the other half to form a global government... else they will be over run by capitalist elite.

If those desiring profit go elsewhere, where ever that is will develop an elite that takes the profit from the top and manages everyone/ controls the military and weapons.

So... those still trying to play a more fair game of ball and keep profits reasonable would need to make sure that everyone had everything they needed and that the country was adequately protected and that everyone understood why this was happening thereby to ensure a sense of contentment that would inspire them to defend that country just as soon as the elite from elsewhere that I spoke chose to attack it... and encourage no uprisings.

Hmmm... why does this sound familiar?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Meh...big deal. He found a guy who was passionate.

One guy.

Whereas you can see crowds of OWS folk, behaving badly on YouTube. They might have been instigated by infiltrators, but the crowd follows along. That really tells me all I need to know.

Earn a living, don't look for hand outs. Look for a hand up. There are agencies and people out there that will provide a hand up, and if they see you just sponging off them, they cut you loose. As they should.

Banning profits is just assinine.

Shiff found people who just don't know how to rationally think and aired them. He found people that think emotionally.

They are out there...on both sides of the aisle. All you have to do is look and ask and film and...Viola! Instant comedy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

f&s,I sat dumbfounded at the keyboard after watching the video and wondering how to reply to such nonsense, had to be at least one person he asked, who seen this question for what it was, and then burst into laughter... but I have serious doubts!

edit on 6-9-2012 by laughingdog because: fix the fix

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Yes, the emotion of scientific evidence for global warming...verses the solid factual opposition of how it feels like its not happening, or if it is it probably isn't us contributing regardless of all this weird emotional evidence stuff.

How about over-regulation red tape instead of simply planting more trees to eat up carbon emissions?
No... because there's no money in planting trees, no open doors of very lucrative corruption.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Do you think that as society and our species evolves and grows that eventually profit will be tossed aside as the barbaric idea it is, and we will worry more about each other as humans?

We are not to that point yet, but eventually we will concern ourselves more with the welfare of our neighbors than the value of a holographic financial system and it's flaws.

The people that say "people need a hand-up, not a hand-out" have absolutely no clue what it's like to be in the shoes of someone else. Usually it's middle-class white men that say that. Of course, they have never been a single mother. They have never been a black man from the hood that has no chance to find a hand-up....let alone a hand-out.

At least the Democrats can see what is coming in the future. The Republicans are still stuck in the 1800's. Well, if they can't see the writing on the wall....... leave em behind!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Please democrats, post in this thread and tell me you are not serious. Tell me that these people are the very outer fringes of your party and that you are embarrassed for them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Do you think that as society and our species evolves and grows that eventually profit will be tossed aside as the barbaric idea it is, and we will worry more about each other as humans?

We are not to that point yet, but eventually we will concern ourselves more with the welfare of our neighbors than the value of a holographic financial system and it's flaws.

Using the bartering system still generates profit. And usualy it is the guy with more to trade. Money is not involved, but there is a profit.

The people that say "people need a hand-up, not a hand-out" have absolutely no clue what it's like to be in the shoes of someone else. Usually it's middle-class white men that say that. Of course, they have never been a single mother. They have never been a black man from the hood that has no chance to find a hand-up....let alone a hand-out.

I've lived under a bridge and out of my car in my mispent youth and I grew up lower middle class. I woke up and sought help, and recieved it. For which I am totally grateful. To this day I try to help others as much as I can. But not at the expense of bringing myself down with them. And if they are just sponging off me, I cut sling load.

At least the Democrats can see what is coming in the future. The Republicans are still stuck in the 1800's. Well, if they can't see the writing on the wall....... leave em behind!

The Dems can no more see into the future than the Repubs. But I can and I'll post it here. More divisiveness, from both sides.

Like I said before, there is a part of me that hopes that if elected, Romney fails as bad as Obama. Only then will people start to wake up. But I doubt it. The blame game and people declaring themselves to be victims will go on.

edit on 6-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: Fat fingas

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
There are many things that there shouldn't be a profit on. Anything that comes from the earth, anything we need to live in our communities, anything we need to move on as a species. So that would pretty much cover food, water, energy, education, housing, health care etc. Don't confuse profit with earned payment. Profit is the excess between the value of work done and the amount charged for that work.

Lots of things shouldn't have profits eliminated. That would be just about anything that qualifies as a want rather than a general need.

And we have a winner... LOL and Sigh at the same time !

People are entitled to the fruits of their labor no matter how much they earn. You want to cut back the mega corps profits? End lobbying by big corps and sever their government protection of their markets!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

ok I am a Dem and as Dem my fav pres was and is FDR, we need an other one just like him till we do, not one pres will be as good as him. Yes there should be a cap as to how much one makes as CEO or Corp, that is to say limit the amount of $$ of pay.
Them that make over 1 mil a year, reinvest or put the extra back in the bizz for retirement, insurance or pay raise for the little person that made you big in the fist place, from the file clerk to the part time help.

How much is to much for a person to earn?, when we are made equal, why should Mr. CEO of Corp X make $1 mil a year when another makes less than $10 thousand a year doing more work than you? What makes a Doc more valuable than a plumber form a ditch digger to a handyman to lawyer to a CEO ? The $$$$ made by doing nothing more that thinking of what people want to pay, and convincing them you are worth it.

edit on 6-9-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

While I disagree there needs to be a limit to how much wealth is allowed to be made, Im incredibly relieved you are not calling for the banning of all profit.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Yes, the emotion of scientific evidence for global warming...verses the solid factual opposition of how it feels like its not happening, or if it is it probably isn't us contributing regardless of all this weird emotional evidence stuff.

How about over-regulation red tape instead of simply planting more trees to eat up carbon emissions?
No... because there's no money in planting trees, no open doors of very lucrative corruption.

More trees? why?

So, it doesn't exist, unless there is a free way to solve it so corporations don't have to upgrade.

total mind controlled thinking...the gop said it isn't manmade...because it will cause mega international corps to stop polluting..so therefore it doesn't exist...unless we can solve it without hurting.

paper thin 2 dimensional thinking going on here

As far as plant a tree/save the environment and protect the forests solution...indeed that would be helpful...and there is a damn party in opposition to this also!!!!!

What is needed is for both sides to accept the -SCIENCE-
Then we can discuss various solutions...and so long as its based in actual scientific theory, then yes. Personally I don't think cap/trade will fix the situation...it may slightly slow things down from the rampant progression mind you, but what is needed is ultimately a reversal and control of our environment.
Welcome to the cusp of a type 1 civilization..now stop obstructing our evolution..anti-science -nutjobs- really rile me up, doesn't matter what party they are...and anyone whom refuses science, then says they are the logical thinkers is absolutely delusional to a completely different reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No
We will never have a utopia, that's why a utopia will always be a utopia
And unfortunately I don't see us evolving only de-evolving

Secondly tossing profit aside equates to tossing money aside.
But the people who say money is the root of all evil should understand one thing
Even before money there was trade and trade would replace money if money got abolished
Do you know how much human trafficking and kidnapping would skyrocket if that happened?

Think about it!

The country is getting more and more divided by the day!
Sure sky's not the limit point being though that you can't get rid of profit or currency.
It would never make sense.

This is not true, there are plenty of people from the hood that would disagree with you, including myself
Here's some food for thought, check this out:

Dems can see in the future?
Really?

Support the bankrupt social security, expensive "free" healthcare with horrible care?
Bailing out friends in high places?

I could go on and on

Everyone is stuck in the past!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Disagree.
I would love to be making a billion a year, I would use that money to start my own mission to mars project, invest heavily in nanotechnology innovation, etc...the good I would do with that money through my vision would only be supported by massive profits coming to me to spend at my descretion.

Now, if I shove my billion a year into some foreign bank, there should be consequences. the money being circulated here is fine, the issue is the money is being shoved overseas through corporations.

Economics is a very difficult subject..anyone offering easy answers doesn't understand how exceptionally complex. Economic professors are even still overwhelmed at just how complex things are, from fiat, credit, etc...soo much to learn, and any simple answer is ultimately the wrong answer.

I am far more concerned with outsourcing, offshore tax shelters, etc..this is theft of our resources ultimately by some anti-americans (one currently running for potus) whom use a rigged system to weaken the nation as a whole.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You know what else is science?
Climate change isn't only happening on earth, it's happening in other planets in our solar system as well
Other unhabited planets

What does that tell you?

Also just to let you know, you don't have 100% of scientists agreeing with you
news.yahoo.com...

But you accept it as fact just like ultra orthodox'ers have complete faith in a supreme being and consider the existance of god as fact.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Awesome -

I think this shows the sentiment at the convention in a nutshell....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Time to hammer you now

1) one day...but then again, one day we may live in computers and eat lasers...daydreaming of a better future is fine, but lets focus on what is going on today. today I don't give a rats butt what someone across town or country is doing, I am worried about me and my own, I want air conditioning, clean water, and decent clothes. I want I want etc..and because I want, I need to do.
Now, if my family wants, well, I want for my family..so my wants extend to friends and family and profiting off them is not my focus...but some random dude wanting my jacket because he finds it cool..well, he can pay me for it, and enough to make it worth my while, or get his own...I don't have to give my jacket to anyone whom finds it cool (I may however give it to someone whom truely needs it, life and death thing, but its rarely at that level as we are a advanced/rich society).

2) People need a hand up, not a hand out..actually, its both. give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach him to fish, he will eat for a lifetime. I say give a man a fish and teach him to fish while having lunch...both are important to the process of independence.

3) I ally with the Dems moreso than the repubs because I see them as more forward thinking, yes..but to say the dems see the future while the reps are stuck in the past..thats being a bit simplistic and also grossly generalizing both sides. There are those dems whom would love to ban oil and coal, not understanding that would ultimately shove us back in caves and starving and dying from exposure...that is not seeing the future, that is shockingly blind...luckily the more thinking types in the party margainalize and dismiss them, pushing them away from the mic. So, do be careful when painting a entire party...plenty of fruits and nuts on the left.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Awesome -

I think this shows the sentiment at the convention in a nutshell....

lol, thats awesome.

this is also awesome

1 4 1

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

You know what else is science?
Climate change isn't only happening on earth, it's happening in other planets in our solar system as well
Other unhabited planets

What does that tell you?

Also just to let you know, you don't have 100% of scientists agreeing with you
news.yahoo.com...

But you accept it as fact just like ultra orthodox'ers have complete faith in a supreme being and consider the existance of god as fact.

Lets consider this a different way:

Imagine you picked a berry and you didn't know if it was deadly or not. you asked a thousand scientists and the one on the left of the graph said you will definately die if you eat it, and the ones on the right said its probably fine...

Would you eat the berry?

mhmm.

edit on 6-9-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ban profits can't get any more ridiculous have 2 videos myself that so fit this topic.

This one really fits:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join