It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many warnings?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just curious, how many warnings does one get before being banned? I am sure this has been asked before but I ran a search and only one result came up not dealing with this area of topic...
Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
5 warns get you a 72 hour posting ban.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
And then what? What if they come back and continue the nasty stuff? Does it circle back around or are they outa here at that point?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Then the all-mighty perma-ban hammer comes down....and they are permanently banned. We do try to do everything we can before such action, but often, those banned in such a manner simply aren't cooperating with the terms of the site.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I have to put my two cents here, LadyV I hope you are not thinking into getting at somebody because they deserved it and get a warning. Right?

Every time I feel like I want to lose my temper I just remind my self is not worth it, I know is hard some times but it cannot be worst than dealing with middle school teenagers.

I have seen the five warn before and I can tell you they sure deserve it, and most of the time they get banned anyway.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Look Lady, I get the hint.

Tell you what. I'll avoid you, and you avoid me. And in the future, I'll also try to avoid being as patronizing to the younger people on the boards. However, it is my feeling that their ignorance is detrimental to the overall value of the boards, and must be met with some sort of opposition. It isn't helping them at all to coddle them and their rediculous ideas. Moreover, the board is starting to be a little sluggish, at least on my end. The less crap, the better.

Yes, I tend to be harsh. That's just me. Judge me, want for my banning, do whatever you want, I don't care. I don't intend to change my voice or my mind for you or any small child. Had my opponent been an adult, this would be a non-issue, and as a matter of fact, it has already been deemed a non-issue by the only authority that counts, in my opinion.

In light of this, I propose a truce. Acknowledge with silence.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

What in the world are you talking about1?
I have seen a few people here with multiple warnings and asked a logical and perfectly honest question! I have not been here too long....I did see one person banned and really haven't seen too many with warnings, I don't always frequent all the forums though.....I have moderated on boards before and they all have different rules on bannings and how many warnings before one is banned...so I asked how this one works....any other reason for this post is purely from your own mind....not mine.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I think that the real question being asked here is how many warnings does it take to get to the center of a Tootsy pop?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
as with any drama couple, I recomend the two ignore each other. Just press the ignore button under their avatar.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

However, it is my feeling that their ignorance is detrimental to the overall value of the boards, and must be met with some sort of opposition.
I agree 100%

I don't intend to change my voice or my mind for you or any small child.
You shouldnt do it for Anyone, just be respectfull.

DC has been here for sometime, a very good member. This is the first I have every seen him warned.

We shouldnt try to get people banned, Unless the are just out of control. If you dont like what he has to say Ignore him. I know I have been Ignored by more than one.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I'll also try to avoid being as patronizing to the younger people on the boards.

the board is starting to be a little sluggish, at least on my end. The less crap, the better.

Yes, I tend to be harsh. That's just me.

Ok...I get now what your talking about....while I most defiantly agree with you on the BS on the boards....there is a way of addressing those situations without being insulting...tact...I also try to remember that on a board of this size, you are going have people here that may honestly have true issues, not saying the poster we are referring to has these issues, but I think you know what I mean. It is always advisable to handle any situation at a level of understanding and helpfulness....otherwise you evoke defensiveness on the other side, which will accomplish absolutely nothing. I have no animosity what-so-ever towards you and I'm sorry you feel the need to avoid me

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Sounds like LadyV has a grudge.

I have known DC for a god long while and have neverseen him get a warn until recently...yes i know why and yes...you know why too.

DC is a grown up..he can do as he wants cause he knows to follow rules...the question is...can u get out ur pushchair to follow his example?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
What in the world are you talking about1?

I'm sorry LadyV.

I guess I'm just bitter. I didn't feel that the warnings I received were at all called for, and I also didn't respond well to your admonishment. I simply remember this board being a place where ignorance was attacked, sometimes viciously. That was some time ago, I guess. The kid didn't know how what she was saying could seem ignorant to someone, but if she sticks around here long enough, hopefully soon she will. I also assumed that she was a he. Had I known that, I probably wouldn't have been so patronizing. Boys are the worst and must be punished immediately, or they will continue with their boyish ways indefinitely.

Anyway, I'm kind of a reactionary, maybe its because I'm Chinese, I don't know. Either way, I feel like a bit of a fool now; I should have assumed you weren't as hung up on the situation as I was. So I'm sorry for going off.

Sincerely,
Ike

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
Sounds like LadyV has a grudge.

If you would read my last post above yours, you will see that I do not have a grudge
and this thread had no one in mind......this is something that he came up with alone.....

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The question has been answered, and any disagreements are best left to U2Us... Seems like the hatchet has been buried...no need to dig it up...

Locking this....

top topics

join