It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Claim to Have Obtained Romney's Tax Returns

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well, well...

At the City Paper, Ken Whitehouse has a wild tale of hackers who claim to have accessed GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney's phantom tax returns through a Franklin accounting office, and say they plan to release the documents at the end of the month:

Sou rce

I'm not a Romney OR an Obama fan, but being so stingy about one's tax returns seems silly. From what I have seen/heard from an NBC special on Romney, he might not want the public to know just how much he's writing off on his taxes through the Mormon church.

Romney's 1040 tax returns were taken from the PWC office 8/25/2012 by gaining access to the third floor via a gentleman working on the 3rd floor of the building. Once on the 3rd floor, the team moved down the stairs to the 2nd floor and setup shop in an empty office room. During the night, suite 260 was entered, and all available 1040 tax forms for Romney were copied.

Nashville City Paper

I've heard rumors that McCain considered Mitt Romney, but took a peek at his financial/tax records and said, "No thanks".
edit on 5-9-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

This tax return stuff really pisses me off. Romney made $20,000,000. And paid 14% or so tax. That's over $2,500,000 in taxes. Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

When everybody pays their share then let's condemn the rich. Otherwise it's just nonsense.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The way I see it ...

Republican "birthers" carry on and on about how, "If Obama has nothing to hide, show us the real, legit birth certificate".

The same can be said for Romney. If he's not hiding anything, or has any reason to fear his past returns -- cough them up!

The returns that people want to see are the ones before 2010, and we have no idea how much he paid in taxes back then. Meethinks he wrote off quite a bit of his "tithing".

There's a reason some have said this: "Mitt Romney and the Mormon church? Mitt Romney IS the Mormon church!"

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Romney's 1040 tax returns were taken from the PWC office 8/25/2012 by gaining access to the third floor via a gentleman working on the 3rd floor of the building. Once on the 3rd floor, the team moved down the stairs to the 2nd floor and setup shop in an empty office room. During the night, suite 260 was entered, and all available 1040 tax forms for Romney were copied.

This isn't what I would call hacking. It sounds more like Xeroxing mixed in with a little breaking and entering.

All this and it's not even October yet.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged

This tax return stuff really pisses me off. Romney made $20,000,000. And paid 14% or so tax. That's over $2,500,000 in taxes. Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

When everybody pays their share then let's condemn the rich. Otherwise it's just nonsense.

I'm not going to argue those facts. It's the years before 2010 that is in question. I'm sure he had a pretty good idea he was going to move towards the presidency starting around 2010, and kept his nose clean ..

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
You only need to watch the man speak publically to see he's as much a fraud and a phony as GW Bush was.
Is it a Republican thing to use cheats to con the people? I dont know, I mean some would argue Obama is the worst thing since sliced bread, and he's a demo!

Even if these people (the elite) were forced to cough up their birth certs, tax docs what ever..

do you not think they have control over all facets of the system to ensure the lie is replicated?
As if they would allow Obama to be impeached over a birth cert.. theyd just create a real one put his name on it and submit it to the filing cabinet.

TAx documents?
These guys are the GOVERNMENT.

sheesh!

edit on 5-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
One down, one to go.
Maybe they should start looking for Obama's college transcripts.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I find it odd that the general accepted number is 2 for the years before election, They then show every return while in office. Obama released everything he had for the decade, and good for him. Releasing at the stage he did, he was unique as I can find. Clinton released a bunch, but much of his releasing didn't come until around 1996 and the re-election according to records.

Leaving that entirely aside for a moment though....This is the 3rd time I have heard Anonymous claim to have done this. Of course, Anonymous is everyone and no one. So this could be a world class hacker or a 13yr old wanna be on Mommy and Daddy's computer. The downsides of Anonymous.

Either way though, if they or ANYONE gets access sufficient to get Romney's tax returns and ONLY gets Romney's tax return...I'll call them the worst kind of political hack and troll I've ever heard of. Ever. Bar none.

To waste a once in a lifetime (They'd NEVER allow it a second time) shot at the gold that IRS records would represent on a political stunt would be totally unforgivable. The Cables Scandal would pale next to someone, some day, getting a true dump of IRS records.

That wouldn't be a leak.......Noah built himself a little boat the last time something flowed with that much importance.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

I gotta add something on this...and perhaps because I've been one of the more open minded 'birther' types, it might spur interest enough for more to verify the facts..

Something is real fishy about Indonesia...Immigration coming back...and foreign student status rumored to have been used on all that paperwork the public is flat told is none of our business on a sitting United States President.

However......... Barry, as was his name on school records there, did NOT need to be a citizen to attend the state Muslim school. He also spent more time in a private Catholic School in Indonesia than he did the Muslim one. It's important on the factual level because a conversation about what more happened can't even start while those core points are the main focus of attack and counter-attack. The schools themselves proudly claim him....and as an American by all records and accounts, there. It's for another thread anyway.....but those factual points are huge ones when they come up. I wish I'd read the documents themselves sooner myself in hindsight.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

Those Americans still bought gas which includes taxes for the roads. They pay rent which covers the apartment property taxes which goes to schools. Of course they paid sales tax. There are even poor property owners that pay property tax directly.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Maybe they will hack all of obama's hidden records,,,,,

He's spent 2 million of the tax payers money hiding his past,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Republican "birthers" carry on and on about how, "If Obama has nothing to hide, show us the real, legit birth certificate".

He did, two times.

reply to post by jimmyfromreality

Maybe they will hack all of obama's hidden records,,,,,

Like what? The Indonesian one that says he was born in Honolulu?

Mitt Romney is afraid to release his taxes. I kind of doubt that hackers got it though, seems like they would release them asap if they did.

edit on 5-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Both proven forgeries,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry libby,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

Those Americans still bought gas which includes taxes for the roads. They pay rent which covers the apartment property taxes which goes to schools. Of course they paid sales tax. There are even poor property owners that pay property tax directly.

You are referring to state taxes I assume. And thats true, obviously everybody contributes to their state through taxes. But income tax is what is being referred to by the Obama campaign, not state taxes, and yes almost 50% of Americans contribute nothing through our federal income tax system.

Paying your state taxes don't help us pay down our debt, pay off these silly wars, barely contribute towards medicare or medicaid...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyfromreality

His Indonesian school records were too right?
:

You people are hilarious.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Iron7

He's not my messiah. I don't care for either of the candidates.

But thank you for adding to the quality of the thread!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The difference between the birthers and those calling for Romney's tax records is that it is absolutely illegal for someone not born in America to become president. Having legal and legitimate tax write offs is not illegal.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

Two wrongs don't make a right. Why should the rest of us have to pay 20 to 35% of federal taxes while the rich pay less? Doesn't sound fair to me and the majority of the middle class who's city, state and federal taxes keep on increasing.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 5-9-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

Double post.
edit on 5-9-2012 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join