It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hackers Claim to Have Obtained Romney's Tax Returns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Saw on ABC WNN that the Secret Service is investigating this.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

Was it wrong or illegal?

Funny how you try to water down illegalities.

This Tax record theft is - just another distraction -.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Harry Reid's source,
Hey?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged
reply to post by MystikMushroom

This tax return stuff really pisses me off. Romney made $20,000,000. And paid 14% or so tax. That's over $2,500,000 in taxes. Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

When everybody pays their share then let's condemn the rich. Otherwise it's just nonsense.

That's what he paid in the tax document(s) we got to see.. if he's willing to release one, one not others? .. that is what makes no sense.. if he truly paid 14% on all of those missing documents then I have no problem with it..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Shadowcast

So? Again,what gives you the right to see someone elses tax return? Absolutely nothing. And spare me your bull# arguement about him running for president..you have no right to any of his personal info UNTIL he's in office.Then you're free to ask once he's been elected.

Interesting theory. Find out if the guy was lying AFTER he's elected. Nice to see you using your full 10% there.

KInd of reminds me of the "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it" Pelosi remark.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by 3danimator

Was it wrong or illegal?

Funny how you try to water down illegalities.

This Tax record theft is - just another distraction -.

No. Im replying to you saying that liberals will condone this behaviour. Im saying was it illegal? YES. Dont try to warp what im saying. What i said was very straightforward.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Romney is engaging in a pointless exercise. Those returns are going to come out one way or another. He might as well just come out with them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Never really understood the Democrats whole issue about Romney's taxes. IMO, if that's the worst they have to throw at him, they're gonna lose unless they find more substantial ammunition. Especially since I saw something on the news last night that Obama's popularity is the lowest its ever been. Not exactly good for an election year.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
The way I see it ...

Republican "birthers" carry on and on about how, "If Obama has nothing to hide, show us the real, legit birth certificate".

The same can be said for Romney. If he's not hiding anything, or has any reason to fear his past returns -- cough them up!

The returns that people want to see are the ones before 2010, and we have no idea how much he paid in taxes back then. Meethinks he wrote off quite a bit of his "tithing".

There's a reason some have said this: "Mitt Romney and the Mormon church? Mitt Romney IS the Mormon church!"

There's a wee bit of a difference in your comparison. Romney's tax returns are not requisite eligibility to become potus. Being an American citizen is.

We all know he's rich. We also know if he did anything illegal with his taxes, he'd be paying the price now, since he's in the spotlight. So if the man followed the laws of the land with his taxes, why are they of such importance? The only reason can be for class warfare. That's why.

Who cares how much he paid as a percentage in taxes? It's surely equates to many times more than hundreds or even thousands of individuals clamoring for him to release his returns.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Oh by the way, this has "Chicago politics" written all over it. I'd put money on the name Valerie Jarrett being connected to this, though obviously we'll never know.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I heard something funny last night about Romney stating he doesn't have to produce his birth certificate because everyone knows where he was born!
No one wants to see your birth certificate, Mitt, unless it's stapled to your TAX RETURNS!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This might be the reason the hacker wording was used

In an anonymous letter addressed to PricewaterhouseCoopers, an individual or group of individuals claims to have obtained the presidential candidate's unreleased tax returns from a PwC office in Tennessee. The letter claims these documents will be sent in encrypted form to "all major news outlets" and lays down a twisted challenge. Those who want to prevent the alleged tax returns from being decrypted must send $1 million worth of bitcoins to an address provided in the letter by Sept. 28. But if those who do want the purported tax returns to become readable send the same amount of money to a different Bitcoin address first, the blackmailer or blackmailers will release the encryption key anyway. "Who-ever [sic] is the winner does not matter to us," the letter says, chillingly.

Aside from the obvious crimes involved with obtaining these documents (if the letter's claims are genuine), the use of Bitcoin for extortion has legal implications that hold true even if the claims prove bogus.

www.americanbanker.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Dead on. Personally, I don't care what's on the returns. I do find his unwillingness to show them to be deception. Show the returns, if you didn't pay taxes, and didn't break any laws, it sucks but it's fine.

Hiding the returns is, as you said, akin to not showing the birth certificate. Deception, from a man who is asking a nation to bestow faith, and trust, in him, is inane.

Obama's deception is far worse. If Romney paid a very low rate, or no taxes at all, but did so using the the tax code, he did nothing wrong. If he broke the law, different story but I highly doubt he did that.
If Obama's BC has nothing wrong with it, no loss there but. if so, why the subterfuge? His deception is larger - we know why Romney's hiding his paperwork.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsThisThingBugged

This tax return stuff really pisses me off. Romney made $20,000,000. And paid 14% or so tax. That's over $2,500,000 in taxes. Half of Americans pay ZERO in taxes but get to use the same roads, same schools, etc.

When everybody pays their share then let's condemn the rich. Otherwise it's just nonsense.

When everyone makes a fair living then we can all pay fair taxes! I don't believe people are condemning the rich just the methods used by the rich to keep the majority poor!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Both Obama and Romney are hiding things. I can't stand either one of them.
HOWEVER, they both have a right to protection under the law.
Romney has the legal right to hide his tax returns.
Obama has the legal right to hide his BC and/or college transcripts.

As much as I'd like to see the documents from both of these people,
they have a legal right not to show them AND whoever hacked them
probably broke the law.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Both Obama and Romney are hiding things. I can't stand either one of them.
HOWEVER, they both have a right to protection under the law.
Romney has the legal right to hide his tax returns.
Obama has the legal right to hide his BC and/or college transcripts.

As much as I'd like to see the documents from both of these people,
they have a legal right not to show them AND whoever hacked them
probably broke the law.

This reminds me of the Dan Rather stunt with - fake documents - to trash

George W. Bush. Remember ???

When the documents were shown to be fake, Dan Rather said "It doesn't matter."

"The story is true!"

-------------
If David Axelrod has a liberal friend at the IRS then the numbers of Romneys tax returns

could be transferred to some blank IRS documents and made to look close to the originals.

It won't change the outcome of the election but it could serve as a distraction.

When David Axelrod makes the call, the documents will appear.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't need to see Romney's tax returns to know that he's a phoney and a huge liar. It's funny to see people in here root for him just because they don't like Obama, but forget the one that they are rooting for is far worse than Obama.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flow101
I don't need to see Romney's tax returns to know that he's a phoney and a huge liar. It's funny to see people in here root for him just because they don't like Obama, but forget the one that they are rooting for is far worse than Obama.

No one is worse than Obama.

He is an incompetent fool. Don't worry. We will be finished with Obama in just 2 months.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Flow101

No one is worse than Obama.

He is an incompetent fool. Don't worry. We will be finished with Obama in just 2 months.

Romney is worse than Obama, and I hope to see you around when Obama gets reelected. Romney is a phoney and he's VERY bad at hiding it when he speaks, he just can't relate to the middle class and that will be his demise.
Keep buying all the BS he says for the next 2 months, in the end it won't matter.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IsThisThingBugged

Why do you think half of americans pay no tax? Half of americans don't work or own a house? Over half of americans let the Government borrow their money at least ... at least 260 or more of my pay check bi-weekly goes to taxes. Do you work? Then you pay some form of tax.

Are you talking about tax refunds?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join