It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I recently stumbled upon this article:

www.gizmag.com...

i then remembered this pic:

livingtravel.com...

i saw another topic comparing nazca lines to engineering blueprints, i think it might really be the case...

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shayatin

Interesting take on this, shayatin! Thank you for posting the pic and the links... The spiral is a universal symbol of sorts - its found all over the world and is certainly dominant in the Nazca Lines.

I'm fascinated by the lines and have really enjoyed this thread, as well as the "engineering" aspect of the other thread.

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Very convinced that all this have nothing to do with aliens or spaceships or anything like it at all. It does not require a view from the sky. Not from a balloon as some have theorized and not from space either.

Study some physics and mathematics and its very possible to make. It's just a matter of calculating a few angles and keeping a straight line. And they weren't made as lading pads for spaceships, but as signs to the spirits they believed in.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Some nice pics there thanks

Also, I heard that one of the most unusual things in Peru is where a very large area at the top of a mountain has been litterally sliced off, have you heard of that?

Are you meaning this...

And the historians and archaeologists contend that these were made as sacred paths leading to points of worship!! Doesn't that sound pretty dumb? Does this look like a sacred path? Did they need to slice off the top of a hill for making a path that can land a Jumbo? And where does the so called 'sacred' path lead to?

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

Now this one blows me away!

why on earth would someone cut off the top of a mountain like that??

They really do look like runways!

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chazam
Very convinced that all this have nothing to do with aliens or spaceships....
Study some physics and mathematics and its very possible to make. It's just a matter of calculating a few angles and keeping a straight line. And they weren't made as lading pads for spaceships, but as signs to the spirits they believed in.

The spirits, now that makes magnificent sense doesnt it. I too im not convinced in the alien theory, but so far there hasnt been many good theories on why they did slice mountain tops and draw kmeters of straight lines. Spirits arent much better than aliens, might actually be even a sadder one.

As for the dude who said the flat tops are natural formations....facepalm olympics gold medal.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to: windword

According to Sitchin, the Anunnaki moved to South America after the biblical flood because Mesopotamia was destroyed and not livable. And yes, in historical terms that is Area 51.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gancot
reply to: windword

According to Sitchin, the Anunnaki moved to South America after the biblical flood because Mesopotamia was destroyed and not livable. And yes, in historical terms that is Area 51.

Nothing Sitchin said or wrote had any legitimacy.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: de_Genova Occam's razor=Anunnaki (Enki)=Gold Mining

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: de_Genova Occam's razor=Anunnaki (Enki)=Gold Mining. Boy, do you guys ever have it wrong! The "Fed" is a privately owned institution (Rockefellers) and there is no more Gold. It's mostly in China's hands now. Besides, it has nothing to do with money anymore since money is created by mainly mortgage debt and debt in general, by private banks. The government controlled money only represents about 3% of the total and is the cash you carry in your pockets. All the rest is on spreadsheets, ledgers, and financial books (computers) and "negotiable instruments" like your mortgage. It is one big "#-game".

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gancot That is what you say, without any proof! How come that many of Sitchin's translations have come true and proven Scientists, Astrologists, and Scholars wrong. Open your mind and eyes, read and find, outFor one, Sitchin's mention of Neptune not being rocks, or gaseous in 1976. In 1982, NASA discovered that Neptune was watery and marshy, just as Sitchin said six years earlier. A few weeks ago the Canadian CBC reported that a "9th" planet was discovered beyond Pluto, about 10 times the mass of Earth. Sitchin's 12th Planet when counting like the Anunnaki did! And there are other undeniable facts he discovered! But brainwash does not wear off very easy, doesn't it. He does make a hell of lot more sense that all the scientific gobble-di-gook imparted over the decades.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gancotHow come that many of Sitchin's translations have come true and proven Scientists, Astrologists, and Scholars wrong. Open your mind and eyes, read and find, outFor one, Sitchin's mention of Neptune not being rocks, or gaseous in 1976. In 1982, NASA discovered that Neptune was watery and marshy, just as Sitchin said six years earlier.

Lol, that's quite funny, because the person telling you that Neptune was a water planet was Sitchin and the person claiming that Neptune was confirmed to be a water planet by NASA was Sitchin

NASA HAS NEVER SAID THAT

So its about time that you actually did some research outside of one of Sitchins books of fiction. like maybe you could start with Wikipedia, which states

Neptune is similar in composition to Uranus, and both have compositions that differ from those of the larger gas giants, Jupiter and Saturn. Neptune's atmosphere, like Jupiter's and Saturn's, is composed primarily of hydrogen and helium, along with traces of hydrocarbons and possibly nitrogen; it contains a higher proportion of "ices" such as water, ammonia, and methane. Scientists sometimes categorise Uranus and Neptune as "ice giants" to emphasise this distinction.[11] The interior of Neptune, like that of Uranus, is primarily composed of ices and rock. Traces of methane in the outermost regions in part account for the planet's blue appearance

Oh no, the marshes must have dried up lol

So you have run into a wall here, here's your options
1. The Annunaki lied about Neptune to the Sumerians
2. Sitchin lied about what the Sumerians said about Neptune

Now considering, that the Babylonians, who were the inheritors of the Sumerians cosmic knowledge, wrote a book of Astrology around 600BCE called the MUL.APIN which we have existing copies of and which clearly shows, that they and the Sumerians were only aware of the five visible planets and had no clue about any of the others and also at no point state that their Annunaki gods came from outer space. Annunaki does not translate as "those who from heaven to Earth came" it actually means "offspring of Anu". Read that for yourself
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and cylinder seals like VA243 are not the sort of medium that the Sumerians would use to transmit astrological knowledge, as they were used by merchants to identify their goods, besides which, VA243 isn't Sumerian, its Akkadian. What you are claiming is an image of the solar system, is actually a representation of a Venus/Pleaides conjunction and is simply on the seal to show that the events depicted took place in March. This is quite common to find constellations on cylinder seals, they are always there as time stamps. You have it so wrong its funny, your ignorance is actually amusing...

These sort of details you are clueless about, because you have never done any research on this culture at all. that much is obvious.

So perhaps you could stop being so gullible and actually do some proper research, rather than just spouting nonsense like you have in pretty much all of your posts at this website. Though I have to admit, your posts are so wrong they are funny, but as the motto of this website is "Deny Ignorance", you can consider yourself served

The fact is, that Sitchin was a liar, he lied for profit and sold his books to gullible people who didn't bother to do their own research. Gullible people just like you.

So who do you want to believe, the journalist Sitchin, who had no linguistical qualifications at all, or every other person in history, who can read cuneiform and who says he made it all up...

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Impossible to create/mark out perfectly straight miles long lines,
that traverse hills, ridges and valleys, on the ground without the
perspective of being at least 3 miles high but preferably 5 miles
high in the air. Using a balloon will introduce errors into the
measurements and no ground measurement method will work.

Maybe the elongated, cone-head, skulls found buried near
Paracas are part of the great society of antiquity, related to
all the megalithic sites in every county in the world. Including
being responsible for directing incoming/outgoing space traffic
in Nazca to the amazing sites at Machu Picchu, Cuzco,
Tiwanaku and the others.

reply to: bon3z

edit on 29-2-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drawsoho
measurements and no ground method will work.

What a load of tosh.

Ever heard of a rope or string? Pull that tight from point a to point b and what do you have? It's a straight line.
edit on 291929/2/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

measurements and no ground method will work.

The Nazca plain is surrounded by Mountains. The geoglyphs can be viewed from them
I don't know where you got your figures from, but you aren't even slightly credible
Here's wiki

Determining how they were made has been easier than figuring why they were made. Scholars have theorized the Nazca people could have used simple tools and surveying equipment to construct the lines. Archaeological surveys have found wooden stakes in the ground at the end of some lines, which support this theory. One such stake was carbon-dated and was the basis for establishing the age of the design complex. Scholar Joe Nickell of the University of Kentucky has reproduced the figures using tools and technology available to the Nazca people.

en.wikipedia.org...
So not only does a ground method work, but the ground theory has been reproduced.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   
No way pull a string up 3500' ridge and down 3500' valley, heh.
One way is to measure and mark out lines from space.

I'd say the ground method fails miserably for very long lines.

a reply to: TerryDon79

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

No way pull a string up 3500' ridge and down 3500' valley, heh.
One way is to measure and mark out lines from space.
a reply to: TerryDon79

More than one string?

Not exactly impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

ETA Where are those "perfectly straight lines" anyway? Certainly nowhere on this planet.
edit on 292829/2/1616 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

This is the longest line at Nazca, its about 8km
Where are the "3500' ridge and down 3500' valley" heh
The Nazca plain, is called a plain because its flat, so I guess you haven't researched this subject very much at all

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Please...c'mon folks...trying to debunk the Nazca lines? Give me a break...it's almost offensive to read! The ancient Nazca people smoked the Shaman Amazonian drug where they would hallucinate so strongly they could see the lines from the sky.

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have watched ad documentary about the Nazca Lines and Maria Reiche.
She was responsible for documenting most of the figures and many lines.

To make a line, according to mainstream science, a person bent over and
brushed away a thin layer of the gravel of the plain to reveal the light
dirt beneath thus marking out a line or a figure.

If, from low Earth orbit, technology was used to mark the lines and
figures, with great accuracy, perhaps using a pencil beam laser.

My idea seems a reasonable as the former method.

reply to: Marduk

posted on Feb, 29 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Naw, I'm a field engineer and it takes a laser to describe that line.....really, I would ask for a crew of 30 and three lasers and someway to communicate it all.....

that table mountain....I'm tellin ya.....someone actually engineered that.....the dirt vanished into oblivion....

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join