It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+107 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Most here have heard of the intriguing Nazca Lines of Peru which are the most outstanding group of geoglyphs in the world. Etched in the surface of the desert pampa sand are hundreds of straight lines, geometric shapes and pictures of animals and birds – and their patterns are only clearly visible from the air and space.

Here are some from a collection taken from space that many may never have seen before. Enjoy!

The renderings are explained by historians and archaeologists as part of a practice involving the worship of deities associated with the availability of water, and thus the fertility of crops.

The lines were interpreted primarily as sacred paths leading to points of worship and the figures were of sacred animals and objects to invoke their aid.

But what about the massive, exactly symmetric, arrow straight lines more than 50 km long that don’t conform to terrain geometry they’re made on which were discovered when NASA launched its Landsat imagery? These geoglyphs can only be seen from space!

Nazca lines (Peru).
ETM+/Landsat 7 (10/11/02).
Source: Landsat USGS gallery

So, the question is: Whodunit? And why? Were these ‘sacred paths leading to points of worship’? Really?

Images courtesy: Priyadarshni[/ii]

edit on 5-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i am so intrigued by nazca

i did notice none of the animal glyphs are represented here... only lines?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

I have been fascinated by Nazca ever since reading "Chariots of the Gods" back in the 70's.And I have never accepted the explanations for these glyphs provided by mainstream science.I suppose we may never know the truth.Unless the Gods finally return.

+38 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
i am so intrigued by nazca

i did notice none of the animal glyphs are represented here... only lines?

Yep! This is only about the lines. I wanted to stress that the lines made DO NOT follow the terrain configuration - no ups and downs into valleys and up hills which would otherwise make them look wavy and meandering. These run absolutely straight over them!! That means the lines were drawn using complex geometry so that they look arrow straight from above like they were drawn on a flat piece of land!

Now isn't that mind blowing?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

This stuff is awesome. But one question for you,
you say it do not follow the terrain, but the last
image is at an angle. That would suggest that if
you looked straight down from exactly above, the
line would actualy be wavy, would it not?

Ofcourse I could be very wrong

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I remember reading and then seeing a show about this on ancient aliens, the next to last picture, of all the holes that are made in a perfect grid pattern were said to be done by a giant drilling rig for the sake of core samples. it does kinda look like that to me as well.

It went on to say that it was done to take samples for gold deposits, i wander if there is any gold down there?

I also remember Vondanikan talking about the sumerians, and they were bred and taught, so they could mine the gold for the "Gods" who would return much later to collect it. I wander if their was any actual merit to that, as summer was the first civilization we know of, and the first written language. Their own recorrds say as much, if the translations are acurate.

One more word on the lines, I know that this has been said to death already, but dont they resemble airport runways alot? One of them even totally leveled off a mountain top to perfect level, without somehow leaving behind any trace of the ruble one would expect to see from such a project being evident anywhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
If these pictures were of mars, ats would be full of "its an alien base!". i wonder how many mars and moon anomalies will turn out to be lines drawn for no reason......

Originally posted by snewpers

This stuff is awesome. But one question for you,
you say it do not follow the terrain, but the last
image is at an angle. That would suggest that if
you looked straight down from exactly above, the
line would actualy be wavy, would it not?

Ofcourse I could be very wrong

Im not sure that picture really is at an angle, i feel like thats an illusion. Either way, the main line clearly dips into a valley yet doesnt conform to the valley.

+44 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It is difficult to maintain a straight line, I wonder how they did it, no survey equipment, no views from above, how did they do it? My town can't run a sewer line under a highway and meet up on the other side, seriously, they have tried 3 times.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Now that's sad, actually....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
In the second picture it looks like an eye to me with the lines coming out of it. It is south-southwest of center. See it? Or is it just my eyes playing tricks on me?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I do see it, I don't think it is intentional, it is interesting. The scale is small compared to the lines.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
reply to post by WildWorld

I do see it, I don't think it is intentional, it is interesting. The scale is small compared to the lines.

I don't think it's intentional either. It's cool though.....sort of reminds me of the all seeing eye in the pyramid except not on top.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
If these pictures were of mars, ats would be full of "its an alien base!". i wonder how many mars and moon anomalies will turn out to be lines drawn for no reason......

Like this line on the Moon? Though it's not straight, it looks like a parallel track which was photographed before any Lunar rover rolled on the Moon!

And this one from Mars...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Some nice pics there thanks

Also, I heard that one of the most unusual things in Peru is where a very large area at the top of a mountain has been litterally sliced off, have you heard of that?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

long before the theodolite was invented builders were making long straight lines using the three to four sighting staff system .

as for the company that could not line up the tunnel or pipe line in your town , i suggest they employ more professional people in the future or contract the company that built the channel tunnel between england and france , when they met up there was less than a centimeter error , and that was over twelve miles in length .

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
Some nice pics there thanks

Also, I heard that one of the most unusual things in Peru is where a very large area at the top of a mountain has been litterally sliced off, have you heard of that?

Are you meaning this...

And the historians and archaeologists contend that these were made as sacred paths leading to points of worship!! Doesn't that sound pretty dumb? Does this look like a sacred path? Did they need to slice off the top of a hill for making a path that can land a Jumbo? And where does the so called 'sacred' path lead to?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Fascinating! Starred and flagged.

Some of those patterns remind me of a computer circuit board. The last one looks as if they're pointing to some interesting archaeological possibilities.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Here's another...

But hang on!! That's not in Nazca! IT'S AREA 51!

Notice the similarity? Was Nazca an 'Area 51' a few thousand years ago?
Just saying.

Pic: World Mysteries

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Every time I take a look at these I get a feel there was ARIEL support present somehow? Nice presentation OrionHunterX. Maybe there is something below some of these markers.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Nice find! S & F!

A lot of people are super intrigued about funny looking rocks on Mars. We have more mysterious things here on Earth that we are still finding, by way of space.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join