It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Mysterious Nazca Lines From Space

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

I have no problem with your analogy but, I'll keep an open mind to the possible and consider the "Probable" openly...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Hi and thanks for reading and considering what I wrote. (Morecambe and Wise 1970 hehe)

Ritual. You are so right, it is always brought out, BUT, (excuse the caps) it can sometimes be the reason, and the peoples of South America seem to have had a lot of rituals, think of the child mummies found at the top of mountains, who most probably walked all the way to their glorious death.

But I am not convinced of aliens as the driving force, I fear that man drove a lot of other men to do the work, somehow.

As a later poster has pointed out the first flattened area is not that long, 1/3 of a mile, 600yards/meters and is not level.

I do not seem to have seen anyone state just what sort of rock or earth that area is composed of?

I think that it has been suggested that some of the lines on the plain point to certain important mountains, in some ways associated with water and they were trying to draw down water to survive? Sure someone will come on and confirm or deny this possibility. I am just using what memory I have left.

The landscape and its importance to the people is obviously very important and was venerated, so no doubt the organisers of all these features were the few and others did their bidding. Like all great structures from the past.

There certainly is a lot to be learned about these features.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I find it very telling that you roll your eyes at simple logic. I simply said that just because something is possible doesn't mean that it's probable. What exactly is your problem with that? How does that deserve an eye roll? It's common sense.

It's possible that the Nazca lines were built by a giant shape-shifting telepathic platypus. That doesn't mean we should assume that's what really happened.

I'M the one keeping an open mind, not you; you've obviously already made up your mind. I'm open to any possibility, and see no reason whatsoever to jump to random conclusions without any evidence.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Maroboduus

I appreciate the reply and rebuttle
I really do

This is the type of civil discussion/debate that makes ATS great!
I just posted my response as a question really.

Is it possible and or probable?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You must be blind if you don't see that it looks like a modern runway.

However I wonder if anyone actually tested the turf .. like the degree of hardness, etc. Modern runways have to sustain several hundred tons of weight and absorb a great amount of energy (landing aircraft, etc).

If this is really a runway or something like that (just speculating) - the turf/ground should be harden or something like that - even a "spaceship" (from unknown origin) should have a physical weight and it's probably not going to be a couple tons ..

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by flyandi

I don't know about the runways, but the designs like the spider are very shallow. They just scraped a few inches of topsoil off to reveal the lighter soil beneath. There is little erosion in that region so the lines have survived fairly well for a very long time. I too would be curious to know whether those longer runway shapes are also just lightly scraped and leveled, or whether they're compacted.

Since we're discussing Inca culture, there's also the 12 corner stone in Cuzco:

Incredible how they were able to make this complex block fit so tightly with the others.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyandi

However I wonder if anyone actually tested the turf .. like the degree of hardness, etc. Modern runways have to sustain several hundred tons of weight and absorb a great amount of energy (landing aircraft, etc).

If this is really a runway or something like that (just speculating) - the turf/ground should be harden or something like that - even a "spaceship" (from unknown origin) should have a physical weight and it's probably not going to be a couple tons ..

OK. I am not blind and say it can't be a runway. As I said - it is more like a rocket/glider launch pad.
C'mon - 0.36 miles long? Some of these may be longer - but generally are shorter than our modern runways.
Still I find it extremely interesting. Who needed a launching pad thousands of years ago?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Ive always thought that alot of the nazca lines look like some form of strip mining. isnt that also one of the most resource rich areas in the world? could be aliens but ive always felt that weve repeated history many times and this isnt our first time with high technology.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I found a website with many nice Google screenshots:
Palpa Lines

Someone made an effort to show most of them.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarzan the apeman.

Another thought on that. If you follow the crest of what might be the ridge line on the now flat surface, I am not sure it was that high.

What I am trying to say is the fill every one is wondering about is right there, cut/fill to make a flat and WIDE surface. Looking at it after all this time, we are just assuming it was all removed, sort of an optical illusion.

This would be easy enough to prove or disprove with core samples of the area. The fill or lack there of would be evident. In addition, it would be easy enough to follow the local stratigraphy to determine the original height and more importantly, the width of the original ridge line.

My 2 cents.
edit on 6-9-2012 by ABNARTY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What REALLY gets me more than anything is the fact the design is incomplete due to the mountain degradation.

For the "runway" to be built on the top by obvious slicing and dicing, wouldn't you think they would have made square edges?

I'm thinking that the animals were made waaaaaaay after the "runways".

b

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

What REALLY gets me more than anything is the fact the design is incomplete due to the mountain degradation.

For the "runway" to be built on the top by obvious slicing and dicing, wouldn't you think they would have made square edges?

I'm thinking that the animals were made waaaaaaay after the "runways".

b

YES...

We are the spider clan..
We are the monkey clan..
We... blah blah..

Look we wave at you..
Please come back we have drought and need your help.

The runway looking formation that you reposted definitely has some warn edges, that appear much worse off then the degradation of the animal signs.

Like.. If I was stranded on a lost island, and was waiting for some person(god) to fly over and save me, I would put up advertisements too. Big bill boards saying HELP... But in their case they seem to only want contact. They miss their brothers...

So yea, I agree.
edit on 9/6/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldmeatwad
Concerning what happened to the flattened mountain top waste? Either it was graded into the hillside, was stripped away in the flood, or it was mined and used elsewhere. My current brain size prevents me from coming up with other possibilities, but I know even in context, this is not an easy one to solve.

Check out the image below. It does seem that the mud/waste was deposited on the sides of the hill as can be seen in the reddish color.

But the intriguing part is that there seems to be more mud dug out to flatten the hills than the combined volume of all the pyramids of Egypt!!

And they removed the entire tops of mountains and made arrow straight lines 60m broad and 50km long with primitive tools?? Any feat this massive could never have been accomplished with primitive pick-axes and grubbing hoes! Today we'd need giant excavators, graders, compactors and dozers to get this job done!

edit on 7-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Nazca is one of those places where a researcher could make a big discovery if enough time/resources/effort was to be put into figuring it out. It would be a lifetime's work. Now, who's gonna step up? I could maybe do this in 20yrs, but we need more answers NOW! =)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I wonder how many huge aircraft landed at that big terminal.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Incredible!

Not to change the subject but when when mainstream archeologist start saying the tribes of that time did it.

I hardly think so, ESPECIALLY when you get a gander at the cut off mountain let alone those fantastic straight lines. I heard there were some campers around the area possible destroying some of the stuff by accident Hope the government of that country keeps a close eye on those lines so they don't get ruined. They are so precious.

I hardly doubt the cut off mountain near there will be ruined unless by an earth quake which I hope doesn't happen.

I would love to see more of this stuff on A.A.,

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
More arrow straight lines and a mandala over uneven terrain on a mountainside (See red arrow).

Zoomed.....

This area is extremely remote and sits atop an arid mountain plateau.

Yes! An arid and extremely remote mountain plateau! Whoever made this needed a huge logistics backup especially water and food, to be transported there from vast distances.

Let's say if a thousand people were working there, (including porters for carrying supplies up the mountain) they would have needed approx two tonnes of supplies including food and water everyday for an 'X' number of months/years! What modes of transportation did they use? If they were horse drawn carriers, then the turnaround time would have been at least a week from the nearest supply nodes near habitations. And that means more water and hay for the animals, adding to the daily tonnage of supplies!!

So, How did they do it?

More importantly, why was it made here at such a remote area? For what purpose? I guess we'll never know all the answers unless there's divine intervention! Damn!

edit on 7-9-2012 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

and therein lies the crux of intrigue.

It's insinuated 2 societies, with obviously different levels of technological capacity, mingled.

Are the organic geoglyphs clan figureheads shouting to their brethren? Cool idea!

Many scenarios pop up in my head

The "alien" geoglyph matching (imo) the 10,000yr old cave painting is something that also stirs the imagination a bit. Is the raised hand a farewell or a hello?
Did the primitive artist create from the inspiration of lore? Or were they primitives witness to something similar to Columbus and the Indians?
or..
& or.. &

edit on 7-9-2012 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by flyandi

WHY do YOU think they would need a runway

We don't need them all the time.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Your title is misleading, I was expecting something new. All I see are images that were released six years ago and recall seeing them when they were released.

These are not more more mysterious lines as you led us to believe in your title, these are the same ones we have always seen. I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that these were new lines that we have never seen before.

I guess it's good for sharing to members who have never seen these before but most people who are interested in the Nazca lines are aware of these images from space.

ALIENS!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join