It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Counties Have More Voters Than People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I understand that and it makes perfect sense…..but…..why are Colorado’s voter turnout percentages so much higher than the national average?

What makes you so readily believe there would not be other explanations? While there are claims that there are more voter turnout percentages than the national average, have any individual cases been taken out to demonstrate in person fraud? If percentages are supposedly higher than the average and you can't seem to find any rational explanation to satisfy, it should not be hard to find registered dead voters, or duplicate voter registrations. Until we have that, you're just making up more questions as you go along.

I’m not making any accusations, I’m simply pointing out how suspicious this looks.

You weren't simply "pointing out" anything. You posted the link to the article claiming there are more registered voters than the average, then you made a sarcastic comment about there being a good explanation. You've clearly made up your mind before actually bothering to look into this more objectively.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I wouldn’t be surprised if it later becomes an issue in this election.

It will become a major issue this election once people start putting the money where their mouths are and start coming up with actual significant numbers of voter fraud convictions. We've heard the allegations of rampant voter fraud before, but we're yet to see significant numbers of proven voter fraud occur.

The other member stated that 30,000 dead voters may be registered in North Carolina, it should not be hard then to find atleast 1,000 cases of registered dead voters.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You weren't simply "pointing out" anything. You posted the link to the article claiming there are more registered voters than the average, then you made a sarcastic comment about there being a good explanation. You've clearly made up your mind before actually bothering to look into this more objectively.

I have “clearly made up my mind” that it smells funny….YES!

If there was a case to cite in Colorado I would have cited it. I haven’t pointed any fingers.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

We've heard the allegations of rampant voter fraud before, but we're yet to see significant numbers of proven voter fraud occur.

2,068 cases in this one study alone isn’t significant to you??

When it comes to something like voting, one of our most precious rights, I think we should take the issue very seriously. If you’re willing to dismiss 2,068 documented cases of voter fraud as insignificant that’s your problem.

edit on 4-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have “clearly made up my mind”

Yes, because you were really being sincere when you made this comment at the beginning of your OP right? I'm sorry, I must have mistakenly took that as sarcasm:

I’m sure there is a reasonable explanation for this!

If there was a case to cite in Colorado I would have cited it. I haven’t pointed any fingers.

I never stated you cited Colorado. I used the Colorado case as an example of the many overblown allegations of voter fraud out there. I figured you were smart enough to figure this out?

2,068 cases in this one study alone isn’t significant to you?

2,068 cases of proven voter fraud convictions, nationally, over more than 10 years? Out of more than 300 million votes cast over that period? No it's not significant to me at all. Had you actually bothered to read my response, I was referring to sad_eyed_lady's reference of "30,000" dead voters at the polls in North Carolina, not nationally. My response was asking for atleast 1,000 proven cases of voter fraud out of the 30,000 she initially cited.

I'm not sure what your objective is here anymore. If it's to prove that voter fraud exists then you're wasting your time, this was never the position of anybody here. Just because voter fraud exists doesn't automatically mean it's "rampant".

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Gil pin County, Colorado population July 2008: 5,238
Gilpin County votes cast in 2008: 3,318
Turnout: 63%

According to RedState though, 17.4% is below the voting age, so we have a total voting age population of 4,327 which still leaves a turnout of 76%. Just above the statewide average of 65%. An above average county, good for them. The stats don't show me anything about 110% voting or registration though.

How about Hinsdale county? P opulation 818 in July 2008! Total voter turnout in November 2008? 582. Consider 20% aren't eligible to vote that leaves us with 655 total population. Still well above the number that actually voted in 2008.

Somebody is either fudging their numbers or getting inaccurate data.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Then I call voter fraud false Flag for those 
Colorado Counties .
Because statistics have voter fraud  at .00004%
Which is 3250 people out of the 130 million 
that voted in the 2008 Presidential Election.

Out of the 312 million people that live in the US
24,000 are struck and killed by lightening.
Some 240,000 are struck and live.

So even using the infamous, Killed by lightening stats,
In 2008 even if everyone voted, including babies,
About 8900 hundred out of  312 million, commit voter fraud.
More than twice that die by lightening.
And about 20 times more people are struck but don't die.

Maybe they are the same people?
And nature isn't as guilty as we thought?

www.brennancenter.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Just because voter fraud exists doesn't automatically mean it's "rampant".

ONE TIME IS TOO MANY and I never said the word “rampant”!

Why are you getting so worked up? Are you still sore about Crawford v. Marion County Election Board?

Voter laws will continue to tighten. The more people like you fight it the more resolute people like me become.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Voter fraud happens, and it happens all too often,

Anyone wanna take a bet that Reagan voted in the last election?

Or

JFK.

Felons,illegals,take your pick it is not just Colorado and 92% of register voters?

The only way that many people "vote" is by fraud out of a country of 330 million only 100 million vote which is less than that why?

Voter fraud go to the DNC convention this week and you will get card and made to show ID but you wont be asked for ID to vote.

There is that "logic" at work while others call it hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Voter fraud happens, and it happens all too often,

It's not happening in either Hinsdale or Gilpin county Colorado, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Did you bother to even read that study that you cite here?

A News21 analysis of 2,068 alleged election-fraud cases since 2000 shows that while fraud has occurred, the rate is infinitesimal, and in-person voter impersonation on Election Day, which prompted 37 state legislatures to enact or consider tough voter ID laws, is virtually non-existent.

In an exhaustive public records search, News21 reporters sent thousands of requests to elections officers in all 50 states, asking for every case of fraudulent activity including registration fraud, absentee ballot fraud, vote buying, false election counts, campaign fraud, casting an ineligible vote, voting twice, voter impersonation fraud and intimidation.
Click the image to view the News21 fraud database.

Analysis of the resulting comprehensive News21 election fraud database turned up 10 cases of voter impersonation. With 146 million registered voters in the United States during that time, those 10 cases represent one out of about every 15 million prospective voters.

“Voter fraud at the polls is an insignificant aspect of American elections,” said elections expert David Schultz, professor of public policy at Hamline University School of Business in St. Paul, Minn.

“There is absolutely no evidence that (voter impersonation fraud) has affected the outcome of any election in the United States, at least any recent election in the United States,” Schultz said.
link

I wish those in favor of ID laws would at least admit that they are more interested in disenfranchising voters (so that a certain political party can gain an advantage) rather than pretend to care about voting fraud.

And if you look at the article, again, it states that these numbers are "ALLEGED" cases of "voter fraud". Convicted cases are "infinitesimal", as in a grain of sand on a beach tiny. It also says that honest mistakes, i.e. absentee ballots, people confused about where to vote, felons confused about whether or not they can vote, people showing up at the wrong place to vote, etc. account for a much greater percentage than intentional fraud. It also says that also a large % of these mistakes are clerical errors made by the election boards themselves. Again, nothing voter ID laws would prevent.

So all those in favor of ID laws, just be honest about it and admit that you are in favor of rigging elections for your preferred party by keeping *certain* people from voting...at least I would have more respect for this argument. Pretending to care about voter fraud is just lame.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Imaginary cases do not bother me, no matter how many of them you have. You need to start checking your own sources and educate yourself. What you posted proves there were not 2068 cases found in that study. Need someone to interpret this stuff for you?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by wascurious

How is posting "no ballots were cast" equate to me trying to make it seem that ballots were cast?

CBS News, Activists Vote with Dead Peoples Names

So which is it? Did these people vote or is your article a lie?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

reply to post by wascurious

How is posting "no ballots were cast" equate to me trying to make it seem that ballots were cast?

CBS News, Activists Vote with Dead Peoples Names

So which is it? Did these people vote or is your article a lie?

The article's a lie

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

The recent study everyone on the left keeps parading out shows 10 cases!

You are all begging for bigger government and more laws over 10 cases? You cannot be serious? What about laws for all the other types of fraud that are much more rampant?????

I only have one vote so ONE fraudulent vote is too many IMO!

You’re looking at this as if only the prosecuted cases count. I don’t know about you but before I was 21 I tried unsuccessfully to buy beer at least a dozen times yet I was never prosecuted. Does that mean it never happened?

Actually yes, it does mean it never happened. You just said you were not successful.
YOU JUST WROTE IT YOURSELF.

By the way...I was also successful several times when I wasn't carded!

edit on 4-9-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

So you are bragging about breaking the law to buy alcohol? I did not realize I was talking to such an honest and upstanding person. Not sure what any of that has to do with anything. You buying beer does not make 10 a bigger number.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Are you just trying to be cute because they didnt actually follow through and cast a fraudulent vote?

I am trying to be factual because the title says they voted and you said they were successful. They never voted so I have a problem with the lie.

It happens. Fraud isnt a unicorn.

I know, I have actually seen unicorns.

Regardless it doesnt matter anyway.

Individual voter fraud is a non-issue in the grand scheme.

You can go on believing it never happens and I'll believe it can and does happen and in the end nothing changes for anyone anyway.
edit on 4-9-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

I only believe in facts. What do you believe in?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
They must be zombies going to the polling places and casting votes, because according to some ignorant people here on ATS voter fraud doesn't exist.

Apparently absentee ballot fraud is way worse.
Why are we not working on taking that right away first?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And one time that an eligible voter is denied their right to vote because of voter ID laws, is one time too many. The voter ID laws proposed will not eliminate the types of fraud cases that have been proven to exist. Eliminating early voting in *cough* urban areas doesn't tackle the problem at all either. The agenda is crystal clear and it isn't preserving the integrity of the vote.

Voter ID laws change voting from a right to a privilege, that is the bottom line. We've lost enough liberty already haven't we?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How about not counting the votes at all? Are the Right leaning dupesters ok with electing a Pres. When not counting all the votes for Florida? How about letting a Right leaning group appoint your Pres. Sure they were great with it in 2000, how about an agency the Sitting Pres. Created stopping vote counting on election night in 2004 in Ohio which swung the election? Homeland security closed the polling and took the ballots, nothing suspicious about that huh?
Try more people in New Mexico voting Republican than even registered, 2004? OK with that?
www.consortiumnews.com...
Sure, that's OK so is purging 5000 legally registered voters from each state without them knowing to catch the 5-9 illegal voters in the past 5 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join