It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Based on dates?

You assume he was not real based on dates?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Based on dates?

Among dozens of other things such as the complete lack of archaeological evidence. You believe in this fairy tale Jesus why?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You don't believe he was real because of the dogma that has been placed around him. Jesus was real and did teach the things he says in the bible. He did not walk on water or die on the cross though. He was a regular man with an incredible amount of wisdom. Once you take away all the bull# surrounding him it's easier to see he really did live.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You don't believe he was real because of the dogma that has been placed around him. Jesus was real and did teach the things he says in the bible. He did not walk on water or die on the cross though. He was a regular man with an incredible amount of wisdom. Once you take away all the bull# surrounding him it's easier to see he really did live.

I don't believe he is real because there is no logical [sic archaeological] evidence that he existed and tons of evidence I have unearthed that he was the fictional creation of the Flavian emperors, Titus and Vespasian to be most exact. I really couldn't care less if this imaginary man of yours walked on the moon for that matter.

I see you are blind faith and feel-good belief driven; have fun with that.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALightBreeze

Based on dates?

Among dozens of other things such as the complete lack of archaeological evidence. You believe in this fairy tale Jesus why?

I don't have to have bones dug up with a DNA analysis to believe he existed many times over.

For me, he is more than a fairy tale.

He is my way to LIFE, out of this hell hole we call Earth.

I've done my research and have concluded he is as real as you and me.

I can write for days why I believe just as you could.

Time is running out, or so I feel. You can choose to ignore the plan, or go with it. I'm choosing to go with the plan and have life.

This reincarnation stuff is getting old.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've done my research and have concluded Jesus is as real as you and me.

I would love to see this research of yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Observationalist

There will ALWAYS be love for money as long as it exists. Without money there would be no love for it, so it goes to reason that money IS the root of all evil.

Money is not the problem, it's man's attachment to it. You could replace money with acorns, then man will become attached to acorns!

Even a bartering system will not change man's ego of greed, someone will always try to cheat you by giving you only two eggs instead of three for your one loaf of bread!

Until human nature changes for the good, there will always be greed, it's not the fault of the dollar or pound...

Gnobody

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I don't believe he is real because there is no logical [sic archaeological] evidence that he existed and tons of evidence I have unearthed that he was the fictional creation of the Flavian emperors, Titus and Vespasian to be most exact. I really couldn't care less if this imaginary man of yours walked on the moon for that matter.

I see you are blind faith and feel-good belief driven; have fun with that.

For the one who doesn't think like you, you place them beneath you. That's just not cool with me.

I had a friend the other day, who makes the third one, who didn't have faith. He hung himself.

Faith can do wonders to the weak hearted my friend so don't knock it until you try it.

You have allowed a belief to go on simmering without proper knowledge.

There are few others who believe as you. They believe he was made up and the trinity has to do with the three of them. I get where you're at and what you think but it's not true in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm almost forty years old so you would have to get into my brain as my seeking has always been and always will be a part of who I am. It's a daily thing.....

I began questioning around the age of six. My first Bible was given to me then and so was my first native American book.

I've read almost every day seeking knowledge and I have concluded a few things.

One is, Jesus was real and lived many life times on Earth.

Two, we are spiritual beings inhabiting a body/ vessel on Earth where it is dense and filled with matter.

I could go on and on and write a book for you. Lol

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Jesus was an offshoot of Joshua and was a pretty popular name. You say the NT gives three different dates for his death? I've never heard of this before. Maybe you should do a thread.

What kind of archaeological evidence do you want? Bones?

edit on 6-9-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

I'm almost forty years old so you would have to get into my brain as my seeking has always been and always will be a part of who I am. It's a daily thing..... I began questioning around the age of six. My first Bible was given to me then and so was my first native American book. I've read almost every day seeking knowledge and I have concluded a few things. blah blah blah.

Next time you wish to inform us of your extensive research, remember the day when you got called out and you wet your panties.

Call it a living, learning experience.

edit on 6-9-2012 by ALightBreeze because: (no reason given)

Easy talking to other like that via the net, huh?

Bet ya my whole life you wouldn't say this to my face!

Calling me out? Hahahahaha.... Is that what you call it? I don't see it that way just as I don't buy your bs about being able to show three fake Jesus based on dates and all the other non specific bs you have added, which is nothing, to this thread.

You are a mere pup chasing around after it's tale and know nothing, but at least you know how to run in circles.

Learning experiences via living is something you could start with as a basis to obtain knowledge, then go from there.

You don't believe in Jesus you say? I say, I can tell. Your words are hateful and your style is not cool at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I hold faith in nothing other than myself. It is a possibility that he never existed, but I tend to believe he did live. Maybe they changed his name? Who knows? What Jesus said in the bible had to have been said by someone so I tend to believe that someone like Jesus did live, if not Jesus himself.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Jesus was an offshoot of Joshua and was a pretty popular name. You say the NT gives three different dates for his death? I've never heard of this before. Maybe you should do a thread.

Hahahaha.... That's because it's never been said before. This is the first time.

You are right, Jesus was an offshoot of Joshua and the name was pretty popular. James being the brother of Jesus was also spoken of. It's funny, we all know he had a brother named James. If he wasn't real, he has us all fooled and so do all the ones who wrote about him.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Jesus didn't preach a religion in my pov, he taught philosophy in regards to the good order of nature in all things, especially man.

I happen to agree with you, I dont think Jesus preached "rules" and "religion" at all. More about the spirit in all things.

If I could meet anyone from any time period I think it would be Jesus. I'm curious to see just how far removed from the truth of his actual self he has been.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I hold faith in nothing other than myself. It is a possibility that he never existed, but I tend to believe he did live. Maybe they changed his name? Who knows? What Jesus said in the bible had to have been said by someone so I tend to believe that someone like Jesus did live, if not Jesus himself.

You're right of course.

It was "said" by the Flavian authors who made up the NT.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

That's a possibility of course but it's all based on perspective.

You tend to believe that authors made up his life story without 100% proof while I believe he was real without 100% proof. I can definitely see where you're coming from though because I tend to believe Paul was a man made-up by the Romans to push their own agenda.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Jesus didn't preach a religion in my pov, he taught philosophy in regards to the good order of nature in all things, especially man.

I happen to agree with you, I dont think Jesus preached "rules" and "religion" at all. More about the spirit in all things.

If I could meet anyone from any time period I think it would be Jesus. I'm curious to see just how far removed from the truth of his actual self he has been.

Yeah, I'm with you. Would love to know just how twisted the story/ stories have become.

Bottom line truth for me is he is as real as the first man and as real as the last.

I believe there are prohets of our time, in the last one hundred years who tell some great stories as well in regards to Jesus.

Today I ordered Edgar Cayce's Story of The Bible and should have it read pretty quickly. I know basically what it says but will be surprised to find out other things as well, I'm sure.

My feelings regarding Edgar Cayce and his work are pretty admirable to say the least. He was a devout Baptist of all denominations lol and he taught Bible School all his life. His story is amazing and at the time of his death he was 67. He read the Bible 67 times and the last four years of his life he held his bible study coupled with his readings and this is what the book teaches. I'm excited and can't wait to read it and compare it with what I think.... I know and or have concluded thus far in my journey.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You're right of course.

It was "said" by the Flavian authors who made up the NT.

Where is your evidence for any of this? You have yet to provide a shred of it, yet you are here bashing other people who disagree with you. Cite some sources. I will be back later this evening to do the same.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

That's a possibility of course but it's all based on perspective.

You tend to believe that authors made up his life story without 100% proof while I believe he was real without 100% proof. I can definitely see where you're coming from though because I tend to believe Paul was a man made-up by the Romans to push their own agenda.

What proof do you have of Jesus being a real person?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join