It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Testament Fairy Tales

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightBreeze

Since when doesn't gore and horror not sell?

Oh I believe it sells for people looking for entertainment, absolutely. However people looking for salvation might get scared to hear about the bibles perspective on it. Christians ignore the things that they don't like about the bible all the time.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Since when doesn't gore and horror not sell?

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

Oh I believe it sells for people looking for entertainment, absolutely. However people looking for salvation might get scared to hear about the bibles perspective on it. Christians ignore the things that they don't like about the bible all the time.

It is also fascinating to notice how effective and long-lasting the anti-Semitism created by the New Testament has been. Notice that many scholars see the destruction of the Jews as being a quite appropriate vengeance for their destruction of the Savior. It is easy to imagine how such a perspective would have affected his everyday dealings with Jews.

Hence, if Rome did create Christianity to instill anti-Semitism, their invention certainly stands the test of time. It is still working thousands of years after its creation.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

There has been some debate on the topic but most modern scholars agree that he was Jewish
You know I've often wondered why people that bash the Jews for crucifying Jesus when He himself was a Jew. That never made much sense to me. Another question I've wondered about, if Jesus was Jewish, then why isn't everyone Jewish?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

There has been some debate on the topic but most modern scholars agree that he was Jewish
You know I've often wondered why people that bash the Jews for crucifying Jesus when He himself was a Jew. That never made much sense to me. Another question I've wondered about, if Jesus was Jewish, then why isn't everyone Jewish?

Because unlike Jesus, everyone is real.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Oh, that's an easy question. See, there's TWO versions of the Bible...the easy-going, and the hardcore. We got the easy-going Bible, and the Jews got the hardcore Bible. Obviously, we're not going to willingly take it upon ourselves to be so dedicated that we follow the OT...no, we have to follow the NT because we want cheap, easy spirituality.

We want life to be figured out, and not have to figure it out ourselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Oh I definately think that Jesus was a real person that existed. I just believe that his teachings and story have been hijacked by the church and manipulated for their own gain. If you read the gospels that were left out of the Bible they portray him as much more of a real human being instead of a perfect divine person that never made a mistake.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well I'll be the first to admit I don't have things figured out at all. I know I need a relationship with God. I think anyone that says they have this life all figured out is either a fool or a liar. I guess another way to put that question would be, if Jesus is revered and worshipped as the Son of God, and he was Jewish, then why don't his worshippers practice the same religion as he was?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

The whole point is that us being "good enough" won't cut it, anyway. Christianity was never meant to be a merit-based system. That's where Christians have failed the most.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

There will ALWAYS be love for money as long as it exists. Without money there would be no love for it, so it goes to reason that money IS the root of all evil.

You can try to sidestep it all you want but money is the reason for all the bad stuff that goes on in this world and "Paul" is the one who set up the church we have today and the ideals it puts on its followers. The church rakes in the money WHILE being tax exempt. The church loves money and money is the only reason it exists, that is a fact in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So we should destroy the value of the dollar?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I believe we should get rid of money period, it is was causes wars, starvation, and everything in-between. If we got rid of money I believe the world would be a lot better off because there would be no incentive to screw someone else over or send 20,000 troops overseas to occupy some country.

While I think we should get rid of money completely, it will never happen because we are too dependent on it at this point. We are too far down the rabbit hole.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And replace it with what form of currency, exactly?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

There is no replacing it at this point, but maybe bartering? There should be no currency whatsoever in my opinion, unless it has actual value like bartering did.

We put too much value on a piece of paper and that is the reason we are in the situation we are in now, and that works out PERFECTLY for those who control the money and those who possess lots of it. We're trapped in this system where we have to slave away at a job to make a measly living while the people who supply those jobs hardly ever work and live easy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Bartering is actually currency and is still not equality. I only stand for equality.

The Venus Project points out the difference between it and a bartering system, if it was just a bartering system, then it would still be in the same power structures hands and still be scarsity.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The problem with bartering is getting people to agree on what anything's worth. They could disagree and you couldn't do a thing about it.

Bartering raises more issues than it solves. Any more ideas?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Oh I definately think that Jesus was a real person that existed. I just believe that his teachings and story have been hijacked by the church and manipulated for their own gain. If you read the gospels that were left out of the Bible they portray him as much more of a real human being instead of a perfect divine person that never made a mistake.

I agree and believe he was real and inhabited many vessels we call a body. I believe he was also Enoch and others. The first and last Adam for starters.

Jesus didn't preach a religion in my pov, he taught philosophy in regards to the good order of nature in all things, especially man.

He was born into a family who were more of a radical essene in my opinion and he eventually left the community with the ones who would follow and leave their material world behind so he could preach how to obtain LIFE.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Oh I definately think that Jesus was a real person that existed.

I have identified at least three fake Jesus' in the NT based simply on the dates of his crucifixion.

Which one do you prefer?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe everyone should do stuff for the good of everything instead of just wanting to benefit off of it? I doubt that will ever happen because you will always have selfish people no matter what. One can dream though right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People really really are brainwashed to be slaves, and still equate the bigger pie with the healthiest young buck or the most ruthless. They don't understand equality and what a system of abundance means, and that is abundance for everyone and doesnt reward the opportunity to excell at using your talents any more than an elderly persons retirment or someone who is disabled or taking the time raise children. It would be completely different. Abundant services and products and clean technology with harder htings, more dangerous things done by technology, people as the artists, creators, designers, architects, engineers, scientists, parents, farmers, minus the slave labor, job sharing part time, ample time for family and hobbies, ample services to those in need, children taught in a highly advanced, truthful and transparent education system to try on every type of career and job they are interested in from middle school on, and volunteer, without heavy competetition or relying on outgoing personalities or looks, all can sign up for their interests, and re train all their lives, guilds everywhere with tools and supplies to get people going and create these for the person to utilize at home for all who stay with the career or hobby, abundance without slavery.

Its always been possible minus the corrupt pyramid system and without greed.

Absolute freedom and equality, run by councils of citizens or really good proportional democracy systems that have many coalition parties and lots of councils of citzens.

High clean technology without patents or copyrights, available for all, kids teleporting or going to school all over the world.

People visiting their friends and spending the weekend across the globe.

If I want to visit a park, I got to Italy and enjoy a day.

That is the kind of world we already could be living in.

Not trade and bartering, but a world like linux and open source, contributing, part time, with abundance and high clean tech all around.

That is how the cosmos lives in non hellzone worlds.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Everybody does something for the good of it.

I know that's not possible but that would be ideal. Other than that I don't know...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join