It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Deputy Pistol Whips 19-Year-Old in the Head (Surveillance Video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by becomingaware

You cant ask the question probably...In a court of law...the only thing that would really matter in this case, is evidence, and witness testimonies.

Yea that kid was dumb for wearing a ski mask, but they're only 19 years old, kids that age do dumb stuff like that, but if they robbed the place, dont you think they would be running away? I havent seen one surviellence video online or broadcast on TV, where the theif didnt try to escape away quickly...Im not trying to take those kids side, but Police go through training to use "less than lethal" force to stop whoever they are going after.

But the only thing that would matter is that video tape, because they could go on all day about what Really happened.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
I would like to know more about the two gentlemen at the store. Do they have a criminal history? What is the neighborhood like? Is the store robbed often? There are a lot of questions that need answering. I think with time, we’ll learn more…

I would like to know more about the officers at the store. Do they have a prior history of violence? What is their neighborhood like? Is the brutal thug who pistol whipped this person in the habit of doing so? There are a lot of questions that need answering, I think with time t his will all be swept under the rug and this corrupt police force will walk away squeaky clean.

I hope my post didn't come off as too confrontational or satire but some of the questions you asked do not justify or pertain to this specific incident in the video unless you are a supporter of racial and or other types profiling.

I am not accusing you of supporting racial profiling it's just that the questions you asked made me curious as to why you would ask such questions.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

SO if they had a criminal record that makes it okay to draw a gun on them and bash them from behind over the head?? is that what you are trying to get at ???
edit on 5-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcrockva
reply to post by SmikeS

I think its sad that as a nation we can't figure out the difference between a KKK hood and what it represents and the hood on a sweatshirt.

Almost as sad as an ATS member without reading comprehension.

Again, PEOPLE please discipline your children, getting sick of all the disrespect...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS

reply to post by SmikeS

I think its sad that as a nation we can't figure out the difference between a KKK hood and what it represents and the hood on a sweatshirt.

Again, PEOPLE please discipline your children, getting sick of all the disrespect...

What did the kid do wrong that requires discipline?

I wear ski masks when it's cold out, does that mean I deserve to be brutally attacked by a thug with a gun and a badge?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

reply to post by SmikeS

You are absolutely correct. When you do not discipline your children they grow up to be cops who do not respect the citizens they are supposed to protect so they run around bashing them over the head and then lying about it.

Why would a cop lie?? maybe his parents didn't teach him it was wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Too Much Time Out

I wear ski masks when it's cold out, does that mean I deserve to be brutally attacked by a thug with a gun and a badge?

Oh sorry, the "kid" (name?)may not need discipline, I don't know, I was not at the scene, I need more information to determine that.
However, I think threads that demonize police officers because of the actions of one man seem disrespectful, unbecoming of ATS members as a whole.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

We have anti-masking laws here, you are not allowed to cover your face in public, or in your vehicle. These laws helped stop the KKK.

I've been stopped for wearing a hooded shirt, I did not receive a citation, The officer asked me to take the hood off, and I did, without any trouble.

If I evaded the police officer, then my ass would have been most certainly handed to me.

If some of you folks would lose the chip on your shoulder , life would be easy...

I blame upbringing, lack of respect, to much time out, etc...

Also, I think we should be moving away from the Glocks in favor of the Ruger's, I like the SR9, never had an accidental discharge with it.
Don't buy Glock or Berratas..

CARRY ON!

edit on 5-9-2012 by SmikeS because: loose=lose

Eventually it will happen to all of us, even you. Bowing down and licking the dirt off of their boots wont stop it.

Why are you defending these tyrants? The video speaks for itself.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

But it is okay to demonize hoods, ski masks and anyone that "looks" suspicious. I agree we should not demonize all cops but you also cannot demonize everyone who wears a ski mask, hood or looks suspicious.

In this instance it seems the kid was demonized because his friend had a ski mask on. The police officer then proceeded to bash him over the head almost killing him. He lied saying the kid was resisting arrest and that is how the fire arm got fired. Resisting arrest is serious business and this video does not show the kid resisting arrest.

Looking suspicious and having a friend wearing a ski mask got this kid a bash to the skull, a brush with death and a 4mo jail vacation.

NO one sees what is wrong with this??

THE COP LIED ABOUT HOW THE GUN WAS DISCHARGED BY SAYING THE KID RESISTED ARREST

can you people stop orally gratifying the cops to pay attention for a bit

this is not even about the kid it is about a cop lying about what a kid did to cover his @$$. he threw the kid under the bus to save himself...

He would have gotten away with it without the video because a cops word is more respect than a punk kid. He knows this.

YOu people do not see this as abuse??

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

I agree that it is unfair to demonize all police due to any specific incident. Regrettably incidents like the one this thread is about are very common. There is a significant percentage of LEO's who act like this and due their position of power and the how common these incidents are, it's only fair that we look at the whole police association as a whole. In this case we have a department that is corrupt. Yes, the whole department is corrupt as they saw this video two days after the incident yet they let the kid stay in jail for 4 months.

Pointing out obvious crimes and corruption is not demonization, it's just our duty as a regular citizen.

I'm sick of hearing of stories like these a few times per week.

The sad fact is that police forces all over North America are abusing their power and violating the very same laws and citzens they are supposed to uphold and protect.

As a previous poster in this thread stated, it is not just a few bad apples. There are a lot of rotten apples on this tree and if one were to deny this is it would be complete ignorance on their behalf.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I would like to know more about the two gentlemen at the store. Do they have a criminal history? What is the neighborhood like? Is the store robbed often? There are a lot of questions that need answering. I think with time, we’ll learn more…

Your questions are totally irrelevant. Next time you go shopping, would you like to be treated like this for just walking down the street? And then have your past brought into it? They have committed no crime, this is the important point. No one in a democracy should ever be treated like a criminal before a crime is committed. But even if they had, would it warrant a pistol whipping across the skull? The police aren't here to dole out punishment, that is what the court system is for.
edit on 5-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Actually, if you would have read the entire thread, then you would know that I'm not defending the officer, I agree that he used excessive force, and improperly used a weapon. But comprehension is lost, and herd mentality has taken over with constant insults on all police officers in general.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I would like to know more about the officers at the store. Do they have a prior history of violence? What is their neighborhood like? Is the brutal thug who pistol whipped this person in the habit of doing so? There are a lot of questions that need answering, I think with time t his will all be swept under the rug and this corrupt police force will walk away squeaky clean.

I hope my post didn't come off as too confrontational or satire but some of the questions you asked do not justify or pertain to this specific incident in the video unless you are a supporter of racial and or other types profiling.

I am not accusing you of supporting racial profiling it's just that the questions you asked made me curious as to why you would ask such questions.

I am not accusing you of supporting racial profiling it's just that the questions you asked made me curious as to why you would ask such questions

It’s funny you mention that. I thought I should add the police to my post, but didn’t. I guess maybe I should have. God forbid we leave anyone out.

I would like to know more about BOTH parties. Next time, I’ll try to be more specific, so not to give anyone the wrong idea or hurt anyone’s feelings. I sometimes forget that PC is a BIG thing around here...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by Propulsion

SO if they had a criminal record that makes it okay to draw a gun on them and bash them from behind over the head?? is that what you are trying to get at ???

Oh please, don’t put words in my mouth. Of course it’s NOT ok! Instead of writing a reply, I will just copy over the respond I gave to “Corruption”.

I would like to know more about BOTH parties. Next time, I’ll try to be more specific, so not to give anyone the wrong idea or hurt anyone’s feelings. I sometimes forget that PC is a BIG thing around here...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Your questions are totally irrelevant. Next time you go shopping, would you like to be treated like this for just walking down the street? And then have your past brought into it? They have committed no crime, this is the important point. No one in a democracy should ever be treated like a criminal before a crime is committed. But even if they had, would it warrant a pistol whipping across the skull? The police aren't here to dole out punishment, that is what the court system is for.
edit on 5-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)
Of course it’s not OK to pistol whip ANYONE in the head, especially from behind on an innocent person. The fact of the matter is that I don’t believe ¾ of what I read, and to every video, there is always an explanation. It could be either good or bad.

I would like to know more about BOTH parties. Next time, I’ll try to be more specific, so not to give anyone the wrong idea or hurt anyone’s feelings. I sometimes forget that PC is a BIG thing around here..

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Did the cop do wrong? Of course.

However - what did the kid do that warrent that reaction?

Mouth off?

Steal something?

Why was his friend wearing a hockey mask?

Common - these kids were probably provoking people, and frightening people....

The cop could have shot him and walked away. After all his friend was wearing a hockey mask at a GAS STATION....

what would you think?

Cop was wrong - I'm sure that kid did wrong too.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

Given how the evidence supports that the cop lied, I see very little reason to worry about what the kid was doing. Cops should not lack integrity. If they act without integrity in the line of duty, they should face a penalty greater than their own crime. Cops should be held to a higher accountability than those they serve. That's what it will take to regain my unquestioning support for the badge.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

You're absolutly right. But the difference between the kid and the cop is the cop is trained to keep his cool. And pistole whipping a kid across the face is not keeping his cool.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Smike,

I'm confused why you have beef with Glocks. I like a good ruger for the 22lr. great accurate gun, but whats wrong about the glocks. I've never had my glock 19 or glock 34 accidently discharge. Even when doing tactical drill where I was running and jumping around with the thing attached to my hip. Landed on it a few times by accident too when going to the ground to do follow up shots with the AR.

Nothing wrong with Glocks. great guns. So easy to clean. Comfortable to hold. shoot straight. I dunno to each their own.

As for the cop. Clearly lied. Should do mandatory jail time, for false imprisonment, attempted tort and defamation, slander, libel, assault, illegal discharge of a fire arm, reckless behavior, hate crime (racism), attempted manslaughter (slamming a heavy piece of steel into a persons face can be considered using a deadly weapon) I don't know but the list probably could go on for a long time about every thing illegal this cop just did.

Put the cop in a maximum security cell block in general population and see what his fate is.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Actually, if you would have read the entire thread, then you would know that I'm not defending the officer, I agree that he used excessive force, and improperly used a weapon. But comprehension is lost, and herd mentality has taken over with constant insults on all police officers in general.

Wasn't going to waste my breath, but here goes... This is not a vendetta against all officers. I have had many police officers in my life leave me with warm fuzzy feelings after encountering them. And reminds me of the phrase "peace Officers". My daughter growing up just adored the "Dare" officer in my area. And she and other children would run up to him, every time they saw him. He would be surrounded by a huge crowd of children. His message got across quite well, and I am very thankful.

Unless injustices are brought to the attention of the public, they will persist. These kinds of things need to get out, and they need to make people angry. This particular case irritates me more than others since the police department had this video only 2 days after it happened. And instead of correcting a wrong, chose to cover it up and leave a young man in jail for 4 months. Yes, not just one person, but an entire department of thugs. I hope every constituent in that area sees this video, since the entire house needs cleaned out there.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
So cold the cops didn't have coats on and when they grabed his friend he took off. Yup that sounds innocent to me

ok....

Don't use that as an excuse as to why the officer did what he did.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Smarten up. Think. ask question.

Kid could have thought he was going to be arrested for being black and wearing a hoodie.

And also Cold to somebody is warm to somebody else.

I get cold very easily...So when people are in t-shirts I'm in long sleeves.....it happens..

But you obviously know everything already don't you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join