It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Deputy Pistol Whips 19-Year-Old in the Head (Surveillance Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well there is an elephant in the room here and us avoiding taking about it, doesn't mean it wasn't a factor. Now I'm not going to come straight out and allege racism, what I think is more than legitimate to talk about is how assumptions made by individuals involved in police, or in this case a deputy sheriff, leads to the belief that a black man is more likely to be comitting a crime. And thus said law officers are more likely to take aggressive action against a black man. Arguably, this might be true of the Zimmerman case.

This is something that should continue to be looked at as a factor in these types of incidents and screaming 'race card' only helps to take a PC view - oh we musn't talk about race, because its not politically correct and is divisive! Sweeping something under the carpet does not help anybody.

Last of all anybody with sense is going to condemn this deputy. From what we've seen so far he clearly over-reacted...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Lets look at the FACTS,
1) The cop said the gun went off during a
struggle caused by resisting.
FACT the cop LIED

Anything else the cop states can not be
used as testimony, he already has proven
that he is a liar. FACT. The kid should win the
law suit.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Well there is an elephant in the room here and us avoiding taking about it, doesn't mean it wasn't a factor. Now I'm not going to come straight out and allege racism, what I think is more than legitimate to talk about is how assumptions made by individuals involved in police, or in this case a deputy sheriff, leads to the belief that a black man is more likely to be comitting a crime. And thus said law officers are more likely to take aggressive action against a black man. Arguably, this might be true of the Zimmerman case.

This is something that should continue to be looked at as a factor in these types of incidents and screaming 'race card' only helps to take a PC view - oh we musn't talk about race, because its not politically correct and is divisive! Sweeping something under the carpet does not help anybody.

Last of all anybody with sense is going to condemn this deputy. From what we've seen so far he clearly over-reacted...

I'm sorry, no, it isn't about the assumption of guilt of a specific race....Maybe ten years ago, but we have all witnessed many situations like this in which it didn't matter what race, color or creed. This is about right from wrong.

Next, that officer didn't over react, this was not an accident or reaction of emotion, there was intent in his posture and actions....Nothing more.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This occured in my neck of the woods, PG county cops are pretty nasty.

Back in high school my good friend a small guy, not threatening to anyone was pulled over by a PG county cop....The cop asked for liscense and registration my friend reached for the glove box by request of the officer...As he reached for it the officer put his hand through the window and slammed his head into the seat belt pulley several times his left side of his face was black and blue....

Such excessive force for a 16 year old kid who was as small as a jockey back then.....some are just bullies.
edit on 4-9-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
doesnt mater if he was mouthing of, flipping the bird , calling his momma names, the first thing a cop tells you is NEVER PUT YOUR HANDS ON ANYONE ELSE, EVER!, ITS CALLED ASSAULT, how is it smashing a kid in the face clearly with no weapons, and not only that smashes him from behind, how is that not assault?

im so glad i havent seen a vid like this in my area..........
edit on 4-9-2012 by ~widowmaker~ because: SP

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

It's not assault when a cops are doing it.

Obey the cops. They have authority that you don't. Obey them, or they will smash you.

However, personally I have a dream. I'd love to see an organization of thousands of people who beat up cops whenever they wrongfully beat up someone who doesn't deserve it or abuses their power in any way. I'm incredibly sick of their authoritarianism crapload.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Two words that make this whole story fishy…

HOCKEY MASK!!!

Why in the HELL is a kid wearing a hockey mask at night?

And PLEASE don’t throw out the proverbial….”You have a problem with a black man wearing a hockey mask at night” line! Your race baiting won’t work on me…!

edit on 4-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Lots of speculation on what could have been and all.
The ONLY thing we need to focus on here however, a cop pistol whipped someone.
I know that is a nono in Kalifornia and I'm sure that it is in the other 49 states too.
The other thing we need to look at is this cop lied on his report.
Two strikes already that are big time nonos for a person expected to "uphold" the law.
The issue can be taken further but just those two instances tell me to settle out of court on the civil award and pursue the officer on criminal charges.
Those who wear the badge should hold themselves to higher standards.
What a shame for the good officers across this once great nation.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Two words that make this whole story fishy…

HOCKEY MASK!!!

Why in the HELL is a kid wearing a hockey mask at night?

And PLEASE don’t throw out the proverbial….”You have a problem with a black man wearing a hockey mask at night” line! Your race baiting won’t work on me…!

edit on 4-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

Dorm says his friend was wearing a ski mask because it was cold, but two police officers thought he looked suspicious and were going to rob the store.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I've been saying it for years.
Our country suffers from mass Stockholm Syndrome.
We automatically root for the good guys which are......say it with me class......The_______
The MORE they abuse us, the MORE we cling to them for security.
the more we defend them to other people.
The more we shun those who would dare to speak ill of them.

Quick,

You turn the corner just in time to see a young man running toward your car and you see a cop on foot about a half a block away chasing him.

What is your first reaction???

See!!

My first reaction is to tell the guy to "get in quick"!!

Why?
Because the odds are that the cop deserves to be in jail more than this guy does.
I'll take my chances.

I've noticed in a few of your threads that you mention Stockholm Syndrome and I really think you nailed it down. Explains the general populace pretty well in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
He needs to be charged with attempted murder, what if the bullet would have went in his head?

If you're black you can't even talk around with a hoodie on without getting shot or harassed by police.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Kids will be kids and cops will be thugs. oh and morons will defend them

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Perhaps because it was February. Winter is cold is it not?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It was a cold day and people tend to wear warm hats, beanie or ski mask to keep warm when walking outside in the cold. The store wasn't being robbed and they didn't hurt anyone, what business is it of that officer what their doing when they haven't done a damn thing wrong. That officer needs to be brought up on assault charges and fired.

They wonder why more and more people are lost respect for the police.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
So cold the cops didn't have coats on and when they grabed his friend he took off. Yup that sounds innocent to me

One of the cops has a hooded sweatshirt/coat. Did you miss that part or just chose to ignore it?

Also there is a good chance the cops didn't walk to the store but drove there in their nicely heated patrol car.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I watch these videos and my stomach turns. The police today are thugs and bullies. Unfortunately, not many people are willing to stand up to the police. This kind of thing is the most likely reason that police and politicians want the public disarmed. Can you imagine a cop doing this if the people around them are all armed? I can't but I can picture the headlines in the paper. "Police shot and killed by armed bystanders for assaulting a citizen." I'm sure its gonna happen sooner rather than later, far to many people are fed up with this kind of crap and eventually someone is gonna strike the match that sets this country ablaze. I personally think it will be the police that strike that match.

peace,
until peace is no longer an option.

Around here, the police usually leave the locals alone but the college kids are fair game to them. The locals are ALL heavily armed and the police know that the vests won't stop the rounds we have. It was prove at a firing range nearby when the police put one of their vests on a barrel and a .223 round went completely thru it. Guess what the most common rifle is around here.

edit on 5-9-2012 by RichardA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
if you look like youre up to no good, chances are you are.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

maybe you should re-read the definition of stockholm syndrome.

i didn't know that a police officer pistol whipping somebody from behind and having a 9mm bullet skim by your face was a symptom.

he could have killed him.

and it could have been you if you were black.

if you're white, you'd probably only get maced.

that is not what you want in a police officer in a democracy, that is what you'd want if you were running the stasi or the gestapo.

edit on 5-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Pistol whip a bit strong Americans and there guns.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

maybe you should re-read the definition of stockholm syndrome.

Clearly you are the one who needs to reread the definition, and the thread as well. My "diagnosis" was directed towards a few members participating in the thread who are defending the officer's actions. It was not directed towards the victim in the video.

ETA:

After rereading this post of mine I realized I may have been a little hard on you, this was not my intention. I think the cause of our misunderstanding is that you misinterpreted my previous post and I then felt obligated to clear up the confusion.

I agreed with the rest of your post and I'm going to head back and give you a star because other than what seems to be a misunderstanding of my post, we appear to be on the same page on this situation.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join