Sheriff Deputy Pistol Whips 19-Year-Old in the Head (Surveillance Video)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle
Did the cop do wrong? Of course.

However - what did the kid do that warrent that reaction?

Mouth off?

Steal something?

Why was his friend wearing a hockey mask?

Common - these kids were probably provoking people, and frightening people....

The cop could have shot him and walked away. After all his friend was wearing a hockey mask at a GAS STATION....

what would you think?

Cop was wrong - I'm sure that kid did wrong too.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

clearly your a LEO apologist who thinks people are guilty because police think so? Your an ass my friend. These cops did not even have real probable cause to stop these kids. I would have mouthed off to the cop too for being stopped illegally; and being held hostage....by terrorists with a badge

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I can't believe some of you are actually defending the cops actions....that really says ALOT about how some people still view black people...it's sad, really sad when you have a cops on video pistal whipping an19yr old boy and some how some of you find fault with the boy....some you make me so effing sick...
edit on 5-9-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-9-2012 by beatbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Police even reviewed the tape and kept this kid locked up for 4 months even after it was clear the officer lied? What about the other officer what does his report say? Why is the other officer being left out of this when he was part of the official cover up and lie?

this is how cops start by screwing you in the paperwork o later it i their official memory not the truth!

cop should get 3-5 years

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

This Is why I am pleased that our police are not usually armed. It was a very vicious beating but I don't know what led up to it.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sorry I starred and flagged got to this point and asked WTF - is not anyone else concerned to the "Where" that discharged fire arm hot slug flying went to?

If they are not going to get this sorry excuse of a human for assault how about illegal firearms discharged with disregard that could have endangered lives. Not knowing where that slug lays does not mean someone or their property was not hit by 9mm or weapon of choice of this out of control state sponsored legalized thug and possible murder.

Okay last word of previous paragraph might be a bit outrageous but we have seen this thugs character and his cowardly actions on uTube so having said that seems not so outrageous as a possibility if for nothing else where did that bullet go from that assault!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiders247
The absolute worst part of all this is that cpl scumbag taylor will probably never serve any time in prison for something I personally think he should be executed for. There is no excuse for this, if you defend this person in any way there is something very wrong with your brain.

So you advocate the death penalty for excessive force (which is not apparent from viewing the video), or for lying, which is the crime that the officer committed? The officer obviously lied because he made a mistake- what is unclear is if he believed the mistake to be the accidental discharge or the pistol whipping of the suspect. This officer will mostly likely lose his job because he is dishonest, not because he was overly aggressive in detaining a suspect.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

How is pistol whipping an unarmed young man because his friend was wearing a ski mask not excessive force? It is very apparent from the video that the officer used excessive force to the point where it is beyond criminal. I don't think this officer deserves the death penalty, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if he got his ass beat in a back alley bad enough so he will finally regret his actions and never consider performing such a cowardly act ever again.

I don't normally condone violence, but in situations like this my opinion is that two wrongs can make a right even though it goes against my belief in Karma and how none of us have the right to upset the balance.

And you are right that this officer will lose his job, and lying should be part of the reason, but the main reason should be the cowardly assault he took part in. Non only should he lose his job, but he should be penalized to the full extent of the laws which he is supposed to uphold.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

You raise a good point, this stray bullet that the LEO fired could have injured or killed someone. Luckily there is no word of anyone in that area getting shot by a stray bullet that night but this should certainly add to the list of charges that the cop should be on trial for.

Unfortunately these bullies usually get away with a slap on the wrist and loss of unemployment at the very worse, if that even. They are rarely penalized in the same way that a civilian would be charged in the same situation.
edit on 5-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm so happy that behavior was caught on tape. If the kid was doing ANYthing, he's off. The d**k with the paperwork and the gun has been shown to be false in one aspect. The rest is completely suspicious.

Po-Po is just another gang. They have colors, compete for territory, and have been known to haze ruthlessly.

I don't know if pistol-whipping is a new training tool. I did find the "graceful" movement engaging. But shooting out the street light was an especially nice touch. Proves that a small, innocent bystander (like a light bulb) is collateral damage when this conduct is allowed.

SOMEone on that force was not surprised by this. He/She is at fault for this too, and should feel the FULL weight of what this COULD have been.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I do not understand why people defend the cop when he is a liar. He stated the gun went off because the kid was resisting arrest.... from what I saw the kid didn't even see him coming.

THe kid never put his hands up nor did he have a chance to resist. The cop lied to cover his @$$. If the cop had nothing to hide he wouldn't have to lie about how his gun went off. I believe that if the kid would have been facing the cop the cop might have fired on him . He didn't fire on him because It would be very difficult for him to lie about how the kid got shot from behind. The next best thing at the moment for the cop was to bash him with the pistol . Chances are he had his finger on the trigger ready to shoot. The kid should feel extremely lucky things played out the way they ddi because he could have ended up dead instead of in jail.
edit on 5-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Unfortunately, that county (PG) has been overrun with criminals. A lot of parents move to Charles County to escape it. There's no way this "officer" is authorized to strike this kid like this even IF they kid "mouthed-off" to the officer. My son had a Charles County MD sheriff step on his neck, for under age cigarette smoking! And no, he was not acting a fool around the authority figure. He know's better (they carry guns and aren't afraid to use them). Needless to say, when they call me every year for donations, I ask them if they are still training their sheriff's to step on kids throats and then I don't donate.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Every time one of these animals jumps on a citizen, we hear about how they need more training.

When will people get it? Failed training is the problem! More of it will just make things worse!

Seriously...Why on earth would anybody defend a pistol whipping cop? Seriously...

Anyone who defends this pig deserves to be pistol whipped themselves. You are tools, my eyes don't lie. I saw him pistol whip an unarmed man. ~with my own eyes via a surveilance camera~ you cannot tell me that it's the victims fault?

Some day a video will go viral that awakens the masses, what am I saying...I don't believe that.

Ya'll have enslaved yourselves for your own protection...brilliant...just brilliant...news at 11....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

actually their training is working as intended

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Stupid pigs, Unfortunately this is what i call my home, Prince George's County.
There are TOO many incidents here in PG of cops abusing their powers. I have had first hand experience, and the majority of my friends have too.
to the people that say "why is he wearing a ski mask, he was up to no good." it gets pretty cold over here in the DC area, and ALOT of people wear ski masks. its nothing new.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow

Originally posted by raiders247
The absolute worst part of all this is that cpl scumbag taylor will probably never serve any time in prison for something I personally think he should be executed for. There is no excuse for this, if you defend this person in any way there is something very wrong with your brain.

So you advocate the death penalty for excessive force (which is not apparent from viewing the video), or for lying, which is the crime that the officer committed? The officer obviously lied because he made a mistake- what is unclear is if he believed the mistake to be the accidental discharge or the pistol whipping of the suspect. This officer will mostly likely lose his job because he is dishonest, not because he was overly aggressive in detaining a suspect.

So correct me if I'm wrong here. The officer in question pursues a young man walking away from him, draws his weapon and proceeds to smash it into the head of the young man and discharges a round. How is excessive force not apparent from the video. Whatever happened to verbal commands and then a less lethal method of detainment if that doesn't work?

I would hate to see what you believe is overly aggressive if that video doesn't show it clearly.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I completely understand why some people would label the wearing of a ski mask into a store as strange or fishy. This has historically been normal clothing worn during robberies. The problem here is that the person was charged with resisting arrest, and this is why he was put in jail. Himself nor the person he was with was charged or accused of robbery or attempted robbery. So the idea that the police have a right to even detain these people in the first place is absurd. The next problem with this argument is that the police officer stated that the suspect was fighting him in an attempt to escape. The video clearly shows the man walking away calmly, with no aggression being displayed. I can not personally speculate what type of a person the assaulted man was, but it is immaterial to this particular case. I would guess that these individuals were profiled, which admittedly was asked for by wearing a ski mask into a store. Upon being unfairly harassed they most likely mouthed off like any of us with any self respect would. In this country we have a right to protest what we see as unlawful detainment and illegal search and seizure. The police are used to people crumbling at the sight of their presence and abandoning all their rights. From personal experience if you do not let them trample on your rights they become extremely hostile. This video appears to show a police officer overstepping what he is legally allowed to do. On top of this the officer lied about the altercation, and even after a department review his lie was allowed to live on unchallenged. An officer has many non lethal ways of stopping an individual, but pistol whipping with a loaded gun that ends up discharging is not one of them. Its sad that people have no problem demanding the ouster of publicly elected officials, but even after police abuse citizens on camera they give them the benefit of the doubt. If you think this kind of thing cant happen to you because you don't look like the victim, wake up its not about race, corrupt cops are color blind and will not hesitate to violate you the same way.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We have anti-masking laws here, you are not allowed to cover your face in public, or in your vehicle. These laws helped stop the KKK.

I've been stopped for wearing a hooded shirt, I did not receive a citation, The officer asked me to take the hood off, and I did, without any trouble.

If I evaded the police officer, then my ass would have been most certainly handed to me.

If some of you folks would lose the chip on your shoulder , life would be easy...

I blame upbringing, lack of respect, to much time out, etc...

Also, I think we should be moving away from the Glocks in favor of the Ruger's, I like the SR9, never had an accidental discharge with it.
Don't buy Glock or Berratas..

CARRY ON!
edit on 5-9-2012 by SmikeS because: loose=lose

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Wow everyone here seems to be skipping over a serious wrong here. The poilce had that video 2 days after the event. But still kept that young man in jail for 4 months! So now we don't have just that single officer involved, we have an entire police force.
edit on 5-9-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

I think its sad that as a nation we can't figure out the difference between a KKK hood and what it represents and the hood on a sweatshirt. The fact that you have to be concerned about "having your a$$ handed to you" for what your wearing while not inciting violence or otherwise infringing upon the rights of others is sad. There is no logical argument to compare the uniform of a group that hunted, terrorized, murdered, disenfranchised, and preached the elimination of several types of people with the functional socially accepted hood on a sweatshirt. Your making excuses for unnecessarily oppressive laws and the thugs who are given free reign to impose them however they see fit.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I would like to know more about the two gentlemen at the store. Do they have a criminal history? What is the neighborhood like? Is the store robbed often? There are a lot of questions that need answering. I think with time, we’ll learn more…

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join