It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Deputy Pistol Whips 19-Year-Old in the Head (Surveillance Video)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Bummer the cop couldn't have pistol whipped this scum in the back of his head instead....

Bronx gas station worker killed during robbery

I guess you win some and lose some. Even if the cop did pistol whip a guy like this, people would still be looking out for blood.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I'll be honest about the Glocks: Number one, they are too lite, two: excessive cost, three: manufactured in Israel.
The SR9 is heavy,fast,and cheap, just like my _____...

Also, Ruger is made in Arizona, creating jobs for Americans

But, too each His own, I guess.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Im not certain what you're point was in posting that video. Please clarify.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I'll be honest about the Glocks: Number one, they are too lite, two: excessive cost, three: manufactured in Israel.
The SR9 is heavy,fast,and cheap, just like my _____...

Also, Ruger is made in Arizona, creating jobs for Americans

But, too each His own, I guess.

You should really know what you are talking about, before posting...
Glocks originated in Austria. But all are made in Smyrna, GA, USA, now.
I'm curious...As for Rugers, how can a handgun be heavy and fast? Doesn't that fly in the face of basic physics?
You're right about them being cheap, though. The investment cast process that Bill Ruger invented is a very cheap way to mass produce cheap guns...

To the OP, sorry for the off-topic post. I just had to correct the lad...
edit on 9/5/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: added text

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

No ones feelings are getting hurt here other than yours by having to explain yourself and snidely adding how you hurt peoples feelings.
edit on 5-9-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan

No ones feelings are getting hurt hear other than yours by having to explain yourself and snidely adding how you hurt peoples feelings.
If you could please elaborate for me?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

it is off topic and you seem to like to go off on tangents. Like what was that video you linked about??? That was off topic too.

what does any of this have to do with the OP

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Sir, I think I'm with you on this one; His index finger was on the trigger, when he slammed the butt of the weapon on the perps skull, the force caused the primary safety to drop down, and disengage, simultaneously discharging the chambered round. Purely speculation though...

You should really know what you are talking about, before posting...
Glocks originated in Austria. But all are made in Smyrna, GA, USA, now.
You are correct, my mind was focused on the IMI Desert Eagle for some odd reason, I will make sure and research first next time.
edit on 5-9-2012 by SmikeS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Im not certain what you're point was in posting that video. Please clarify.
I'm sorry sir for not being more specific. I'm saying there could be more to this story than what we know about the young gentleman who got pistol whipped in the back of the head. The man who killed the gas station teller obviously got caught, and there was video to boot. I sometimes feel I have to remind people that there are bad people who go along very well with the bad cops. How much info do we really have on the young guy pistol whipped?

I have received numerous replies to my questions and opinion. Some racist based replies. Pretty sad!

"Those who address race the most, are usually the most racist".
-Propulsion

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

So you advocate the death penalty for excessive force (which is not apparent from viewing the video), or for lying, which is the crime that the officer committed? The officer obviously lied because he made a mistake- what is unclear is if he believed the mistake to be the accidental discharge or the pistol whipping of the suspect.

I advocate the death penalty for grossly abusing the privilege of authority that we as citizens trust them to uphold. We give these officers rights that aren't necessarily extended to the everyday person. We allow them to carry loaded weapons and give them the power to arrest/detain us against our will. When someone is trusted with this much responsibility they have to be held to higher standards then a random citizen.

Under no circumstance was what that officer did justifiable or moral, none! The lies are secondary to the actual incident, what happened was completely uncalled for, especially for an authoritative figure.

This officer will mostly likely lose his job because he is dishonest, not because he was overly aggressive in detaining a suspect.

And that's the sad part of it all, you probably are right. While people serve years for killing dogs in this country, we have police officers that murder, steal, and abuse HUMANS but simply get the "we're guna have to let you go" speech. Examples need to start being made if the culture of police corruption is to ever change. I stand by what I believe, he should be executed.
edit on 9/5/2012 by raiders247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

it is off topic and you seem to like to go off on tangents. Like what was that video you linked about??? That was off topic too.

what does any of this have to do with the OP

it is off topic
?

go off on tangents
Really? Where?

Like what was that video you linked about???
I sometimes feel I have to remind people that there are bad people who go along very well with the bad cops. How much info do we really have on the young guy pistol whipped?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Thank you for you're reply.

The video you posted had nothing to do with this story, and could only be intended to cast doubt on the character of the young man pistol whipped in the OP.

You could not rationally make you're point with the evidence submitted, so you posted a video of a completley unrelated incident, to attempt to sway opinion.

As others have stated, it doesnt matter what happened off camera, what happened on camera is damning enough against the thug in uniform.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crawdad1914

Thank you for you're reply.

The video you posted had nothing to do with this story, and could only be intended to cast doubt on the character of the young man pistol whipped in the OP.

You could not rationally make you're point with the evidence submitted, so you posted a video of a completley unrelated incident, to attempt to sway opinion.

As others have stated, it doesnt matter what happened off camera, what happened on camera is damning enough against the thug in uniform.
Believe me sir; I have no love for a lot of the police. My best friend was beat up by an officer when he refused to take a breathalyzer; I was also saved by an officer back in 92. I know the video speaks numbers, but could there be something missing?

I won’t go further. I think I’ll just keep to myself on this thread. The more I say “what if”, the more in trouble I seem to get myself into.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well you post a video that has nothing to do with this discussion, with comments on the video saying that had a cop pistol whipped the man in this video people would still be out for blood...

You are implying people hate cops whether they do good or bad?

where did that come from and what was the point??

It is off topic pertaining to the story this post is about. Then your explanation of why you posted that video does not even reflect the comments you wrote on around the video.

what are you trying to bring to our attention?? that cops are not the only bad people in the world? I think we get a heavy dose of how many messed up people there are in the world on the nightly news. We know that people are bod across the board.. cops are people too!!

The only difference is had a person other than a cop pistol whipped another person with a weapons discharge that person would be in detained or jailed. This cop on the other hand just put the blame completely on the kid. Why did that happen?? because a cops word has more weight than the average schmo .

That is the abuse of power. How he used his status to cover his @$$. Its not even about what he did to the kid, which if you want to split hairs we do not know the circumstance. The cop lied... he lied about what a person did. he said the gun discharged because the kid resisted that is a lie. A lie he made to get out of trouble. is this sinking in??

How would knowing all the sides of the stories exonerate the cop from lieing about why the gun discharged and putting more blame on the kid??

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well you post a video that has nothing to do with this discussion, with comments on the video saying that had a cop pistol whipped the man in this video people would still be out for blood...

You are implying people hate cops whether they do good or bad?

where did that come from and what was the point??

It is off topic pertaining to the story this post is about. Then your explanation of why you posted that video does not even reflect the comments you wrote on around the video.

what are you trying to bring to our attention?? that cops are not the only bad people in the world? I think we get a heavy dose of how many messed up people there are in the world on the nightly news. We know that people are bod across the board.. cops are people too!!

The only difference is had a person other than a cop pistol whipped another person with a weapons discharge that person would be in detained or jailed. This cop on the other hand just put the blame completely on the kid. Why did that happen?? because a cops word has more weight than the average schmo .

That is the abuse of power. How he used his status to cover his @$$. Its not even about what he did to the kid, which if you want to split hairs we do not know the circumstance. The cop lied... he lied about what a person did. he said the gun discharged because the kid resisted that is a lie. A lie he made to get out of trouble. is this sinking in??

How would knowing all the sides of the stories exonerate the cop from lieing about why the gun discharged and putting more blame on the kid??

I think I will resort back to a previous post I left for Crawdad...

I won’t go further. I think I’ll just keep to myself on this thread. The more I say “what if”, the more in trouble I seem to get myself into.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
Bummer the cop couldn't have pistol whipped this scum in the back of his head instead....

I guess you win some and lose some. Even if the cop did pistol whip a guy like this, people would still be looking out for blood.

Interesting screen capture, the hood on this perp is pulled tight around his face leaving most of his predominate
features exposed.
I think the Anti-Masking laws are good.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Bronx gas station worker killed during robbery

Wow...

I feel like throwing in a laughing face emoticon but it's just not proper.

You are kind of deranged in your perception of this exact incident we are discussing in the OP. This person in the content you provided was a gun wielding robber in a store. You are comparing this to some kids walking down the road from a store and getting pistol whipped and almost shot by discharge to boot. That bullet could have went in the kid's head and they would have made up some other BS story.

I'm SO glad this video footage popped up!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I feel like throwing in a laughing face emotion but it's just not proper.
You are kind of deranged in your perception of this exact incident we are discussing in the OP.!

I doubt it, the "deranged perception" part is a bit caustic, don't you think?
Anyway, this thread is hardly worth milking, later...

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SmikeS

Not going to respond to either of my direct posts to you, then?

OK. Have a good evening...

edit on 9/5/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: Nevermind, I see above where you responded. Forget that I mentioned it....

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmikeS
His index finger was on the trigger, when he slammed the butt of the weapon on the perps skull, the force caused the primary safety to drop down, and disengage, simultaneously discharging the chambered round. Purely speculation though...

You have no idea how a Glock functions, do you?
There are no "primary safeties". They are all internal, and for a Glock to fire without pulling the trigger, would require a freak of nature, akin to the twilight zone, where forces would have to be going at a simultaneous perpendicular angle, to disengage the safety mechanisms.
He pulled the trigger. Period. No speculation.

The only speculation of this whole thing between us, is that his sidearm was a Glock, in the first place.
You really hate them, don't you...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join