It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for Third Party Run.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Ross Perot got 18 million votes in '92 but only 8 million in '96. The winners got like 40 millionish

I think Dr. Paul is in the same range. His best bet to win is that the regular Demo-Publican voters don't turn out.

Dr. Paul could always drop out on Nov 1st if he wants to give the Republicans some help. The Repubs might get bad "luck" with Iran or whomever so maybe Dr. Paul would prefer Obama to win. Obama means more goverment but he, and so we, might have better "luck" as far as wars and more time for us regular americans to prepare for the last chance.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

So, what, you only wanted a yes or no answer, with no reason behind it?

It is not derailing to explain the answer I give to your question. You all, right now are derailing. And this is just dumb.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I see I struck a nerve.

"RP's policies would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold." Go ahead, use your facts that you have readily available.

Let's see just how fast the Constitution and free market economics would erode this country 10 times faster than it already eroding.
again, feel free to look back through my posting history, I've had this discussion ad nauseum, and it is pointless, as you will stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh uh".

I do love that paulites think he would somehow snap his fingers and it would be free market econ and only the constitution. Nevermind the things that he would have to do to make it so, such as defaulting on debt (which would have a ridiculously negative impact on this country, and would send it to third world status overnight). Or taking funding away from schools. Or "ending the fed", which, in theory is great, in practice would cause a new depression which this country may never pull out of.
But I digress. Like I said before, ill leave you to your "RP is the greatest" thread.

edit on 4-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

and this is why I know you're wrong.

Anybody that looks at Ron Paul and thinks he would just fire everybody at the FED and lock its doors to let the free market take care of it is just plain insane and only wants to look at things that align with his SPOON-FED views. What, you think just because Ron Paul wrote a book called "END THE FED" that he would do just that and not do anything at all?

Typical...

I wasn't expecting much from you but..damn...this is the ignorance that America has spawned. Don't tell me Ron Paul is a racist too?
edit on 4-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I see I struck a nerve.

"RP's policies would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold." Go ahead, use your facts that you have readily available.

Let's see just how fast the Constitution and free market economics would erode this country 10 times faster than it already eroding.
again, feel free to look back through my posting history, I've had this discussion ad nauseum, and it is pointless, as you will stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh uh".

I do love that paulites think he would somehow snap his fingers and it would be free market econ and only the constitution. Nevermind the things that he would have to do to make it so, such as defaulting on debt (which would have a ridiculously negative impact on this country, and would send it to third world status overnight). Or taking funding away from schools. Or "ending the fed", which, in theory is great, in practice would cause a new depression which this country may never pull out of.
But I digress. Like I said before, ill leave you to your "RP is the greatest" thread.

Anybody that looks at Ron Paul and thinks he would just fire everybody at the FED and lock its doors to let the free market take care of it is just plain insane and only wants to look at things that align with his SPOON-FED views. What, you think just because Ron Paul wrote a book called "END THE FED" that he would do just that and not do anything at all?

Typical...

I wasn't expecting much from you but..damn...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

I see I struck a nerve.

Typical...

I wasn't expecting much from you but..damn...

ooo them high brow politics...

edit on 4-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

You can make up whatever you need to in your head and claim that its what I said. Seems that's what you want to do anyway.

edit on 4-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: because thankfully this nonsense will stop in about 3 months

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How about we keep this on topic.. if you two need a pissing match why don't you debate it for everyone just between you two.

I'm sure you can figure who should be the pro and con..

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

- Dr. Paul doesn't do Facebook or even computers much, so he doesn't have that sense of how much over-the-top support he has out here. He thinks he might not have enough to do a third party run even though he is open to it.

Very sad, that. How inept is his campaign management team?

He still has my support, third party or not.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
All I know is that I'm anxiously anticipated what's to be said on tomorrow's Leno appearance. I may even hop over to NBC studios tomorrow afternoon just to catch a breeze of the freedom vibe that'll undoubtedly be going on there

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

- Dr. Paul doesn't do Facebook or even computers much, so he doesn't have that sense of how much over-the-top support he has out here. He thinks he might not have enough to do a third party run even though he is open to it.

Very sad, that. How inept is his campaign management team?

He still has my support, third party or not.

Why are so many taking this bit of information in such a negative way?

Obviously he knows the impact he has on the internet. Watch any interview with him during the entire primary campaign and you're likely to see him mention his online support when the lame-stream jerks try to tell him he hasn't won any states or is lacking in the polls. And considering that I highly doubt he does hashtag searches of himself on twitter, his proven awareness of his internet support is likely a result of a proficient campaign management team.

It's only logical that he'd question whether he still garners enough support this late in the game. The guys in his mid-70's and just got off a year of heavy campaigning. Choosing to make a 3rd party run isn't like running to the store to get milk.. he's trying to decipher whether it'd be worth it

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Dear eLPresidente,

I think you've raised two good issues in very little space.

or are we going to talk about real issues like the fed, imperialism, and civil liberties?

Ron Paul polls nationally 18-21% between Robamney, thats enough to get him into the national debates with the threshold being 15%, thats unless they change the rules and move the threshold like the RNC did with nominations.

I was hoping for a discussion on the issues, but I think Obama has a better chance if he just deals with them superficially. It seems like the Republicans want to go after him on issues, like the economy, but I just don't see a substantive discussion on any major issue.

The second point you bring up is Paul's support. I agree that in January his support was 18%, but there doesn't seem to be much to support that in polls over the last couple of months. Where can I find his current support levels?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Hmm, good points. I suppose he does know his movement has grown way past any expectation he had before, and knows who his supporters are and where they come from. He should have a full and complete sense of it, though.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Leno show also, you should go if you have the chance! If I recall, eLPresidente was there during Paul's last appearance on it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

You do realize just how many people crossed their political parties to support Dr. Paul? My 97 yro Grandpa has been a demo all his life and only missed one election in his lifetime. He was even asked to head our cities Demo party just a few short years ago, he declined.

This year after studying the current candidates and wanting Obama out, he crossed party lines and was in complete support of DR. Paul. This was reallly difficult for him but he made a conscious decision to vote his conscience.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

It is apparent people the voting public want fluff and circumstance instead of hard cold facts. The Romeny camp plans to give just enough of this during the upcoming debates to try and trick some more educated voters over to his darkside. You know the old adage of give them a little truth mixed in with a whole lot of bs? His people are reading the internet and using it to garner the votes in Nov.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

So true, once people make their decision to back a candidate for whatever reason it is next to impossible for them to change their minds regardless of anything they discover after the fact and the romney/obama camps both count on this.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My question is this. Would he run, Independent?

What does that do for the Green Party? The Libertarian Party?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I was thinking the same thing last night, they may even come out friends in the end, those debate forums have a magical way of doing that for people. There is always common ground but I understand and support ElPresidente so my stars and flags would be on his side, admittedly I would be bias in this debate.
Just keeping it real and being honest.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I think both other parties are trying to get him to endorse their platforms and so far he has not, so who knows?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Semicollegiate

Ross Perot was not blackballed by the media and did not see the same underhanded tactics Ron Paul has endured. Can you imagine how this would have went if only the GOP was not so intent on the agenda instead of the real campaign trail based on transparency and equality?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

This and he just may be privy to information we do not see yet int eh big picture. He has not swayed his plight to bring our troops home to protect our own borders and for me that is tantamount to where we stand int he near future. All you have to do is read ATS to see what is being mounted against the US and its allies.

The policing of the world and nation building has got to end, we have made enough enemies to cause a nuclear holocaust to rain down on us. If we did this then we would be able to actually pick and chose the nations we wish to help in times of chaos and disorder.
edit on 4-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join