It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for Third Party Run.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
I'm not trying to sound defeatist, but would the "powers" even let Ron Paul debate on the big stage as a 3rd party nominee? In my opinion, they would break rules to stop him, but who would be able to stop the "powers" from breaking a rule?

But I think if they break the rules this time, it will be their last. I want to see them be stupid enough to do this. "go ahead, make our day"'.
I feel political change is coming.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

Because 'this time' he wanted to show his son how to be on a winning team, so imo sold out the conscious vote. Bad example to set for your son. I would rather do all I could to defend this moment in time for my children than to say a couple years down the line "I am sorry".

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by crawdad1914

What a beautiful avie you are sporting there... very powerful and intense in a good way. You can defend my Liberty any time if that is you...
Thank you.
That Sir is Cpl Pat Tillman a hometown and personal hero of mine, that were he still with us I would not be worthy of shining his shoes.
edit on 4-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: SPELLING

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Tonight DR. Paul appears on Jay Leno supposedly with a major announcement. There is a thread on the front page about it, check it out if you have not been over there already.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

His light shines brightly and I am sorry if I offended you or him in any way. Please forgive my ignorance.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

No, not at all. Thanks for you're kind words

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Just a quick look and I can understand how he was a valiant warrior for liberty, life, family, friends and above all love.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Ron Paul had been elected sooner he would not have died far removed from his closest loved ones and friends. Again apologies.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

"True'r words were never spoken"

If you or any others wish to read the truth behind Pat's legacy and his death, may I suggest two books:
"Where men win glory" by John Krauker , as well as "Boots on the ground by dusk" by his mother Mary Tillman

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by antar

I find it incredible Ron Paul doesn't understand how big his online support is, worldwide. Out of any politician anywhere, he owns the internet and no one else.

Let's go Dr. Paul, make a 3rd party run, whatcha got to lose?

A bunch of dough.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

If he had been given a fair deal during the process I would agree with you.

He has much more support than you think.

I was talking to another delegate last night about this. He could run as the VP on the Libertarian ticket and Johnson could just resign after the election. He's on all 50 ballots,

He spent all day yesterday putting up signs for GOP candidates, and didn't talk to one person who was for Romney, not one.
edit on 4-9-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Yeah that will be a winning combination. Listen Ron Paul is not going to be elected President. He does however have the potential as a third party candidate to hurt one of the other candidates in the election. Which one would it be?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by capone1
I'm not trying to sound defeatist, but would the "powers" even let Ron Paul debate on the big stage as a 3rd party nominee? In my opinion, they would break rules to stop him, but who would be able to stop the "powers" from breaking a rule?

But I think if they break the rules this time, it will be their last. I want to see them be stupid enough to do this. "go ahead, make our day"'.
I feel political change is coming.

We live in exciting times indeed.

Something is brewing.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by okyouwin

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

If he had been given a fair deal during the process I would agree with you.

He has much more support than you think.

I was talking to another delegate last night about this. He could run as the VP on the Libertarian ticket and Johnson could just resign after the election. He's on all 50 ballots,

He spent all day yesterday putting up signs for GOP candidates, and didn't talk to one person who was for Romney, not one.
edit on 4-9-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

Yeah that will be a winning combination. Listen Ron Paul is not going to be elected President. He does however have the potential as a third party candidate to hurt one of the other candidates in the election. Which one would it be?

Do you really think that repeating that same old drivel will convince me?

I'm done letting other people decide my candidate for me, this one is all mine.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I noticed a post early in the thread bringing up the possibility that it was too late for him to go 3rd party. The only response to that post was a mention of Paul going Green party being a good idea.

So I will ask this question a different way - under what circumstances is Paul still able to actually get on the ballot? I believe it is a state-by-state thing, but I'm not familiar with election law in terms of ballot eligibility and timing.

I always figured Paul's real run would be as an Independent - but heard somewhere its too late to get on the ballot that way. So any ATS election law/ballot requirement experts out there who can clarify?

Edit to Add: It was actually the first reply post

Originally posted by Domo1
Its too late for him to run 3rd party.

edit on 9/4/2012 by Open2Truth because: adding post quote

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Its too late for him to run 3rd party.

Leave it to Domo to post the first negative comment. Dude, seriously, I am a healer and I can help you man. You need a cleansing, bad.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Third Party registration is still open in Alabama, Arizona, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and Rhode Island.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
What party would RP be running on? Whatever it is they need to be on every ballot in all 50 states, I believe only the Libertarian party has that.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

If he's willing I'm in!
Although I fear what will happen if he does,because we know he could very well win this election.The Republicans will go ape-sh*t if he runs third party.
What concerns me is how far will the establishment go to put their man Romney in office?
What will they do?

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Nitezshe said that a man's duty is; to do only what he can actually do.

Dr. Paul said in the clip in Corporate's post that he wouldn't run third party.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Primus 2012 reviewed the situation pretty well
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dr. Paul made alot of minds. Minds are the only way to humanize the future.

edit on 5-9-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

ATS does not endorse Activism.
edit on 9/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
I do not understand your position at all. If you were not supporting RP for what he stood for...then why were you? ...Romney doesn't stand for anything that Ron did so...why cop an attitude if Ron feels compelled to continue to keep the Constitution and Liberty movement alive...you have me extremely confused. If he endorses Gary Johnson, that is a good thing. If Jim Gray steps aside and lets Ron have the Libertarian VP candidacy...that's a freaking awesome thing! How can you support the guy then and not now? Are you just trapped in the Republican thing or what?

It's pretty simple. I wanted Ron Paul with the best chance to win. I'm NOT going to vote LP again, as I have done so for the past 3 elections. I can vote principal all day long, and be marched into a g-damn freight car to a gas chamber, saying "Hey, at least I voted for Ron Paul", or I can at least try and slow the hell that is Obama.

Like the Libertarian Party, I was born in 1972. In my entire LIFETIME, I have ONE LESS electoral vote than the LP has received....TOTAL! Yes, they've only received ONE electoral vote in their entire history. SOURCE And you think that Ron Paul has a chance in hell? Seriously? And, don't give me this "If everyone feels the way you do, then he won't." crap. I'm tired of it, and spent the last 12 years voting LP, and look what we've got...Bush..then Obama. No thanks!

I would love Ron Paul to WIN, but he has about as much chance as you or I. So, that leaves Obama or Romney. I'd rather nail my "you know what" to a burning building than see another 4 years under Obama. You may agree, disagree, whatever, but that's my opinion. Perhaps if the LP could get more than 1% of the total vote, I may be more willing to take a chance again.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join