It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conference Call: Dr. Paul is Willing, Seeking Indications of His Support for Third Party Run.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by bacci0909

This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

Haha.. you're comparing Ron Paul to Al Gore?

The fact of the matter is simple... the longer Ron Paul remains relevant, the better it is for us, the people. Do you disagree?

but I believe much of what he intends to do would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold.

If you actually believe that and support either Obama or Romney, I'm going to laugh at you because you're leaving me no choice.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

Dr. Paul in the race could make either candidate make promises that would change the course of the future.

Originally posted by eLPresidente
If Ron Paul ran third party, he would pave the way for future third party runs giving the two party system less and less power until maybe one day, they dwindle away if we fight hard enough. If he doesn't run, things would be the same.

Two great points that can't be stated enough. Ron Paul presents a win win win win

Ultimate win: He wins

win: His presence and massive following challenges the 2-party system and shames the irrelevant mainstream media

win: The content of his message puts pressure on the other candidates to adapt policies they wouldn't have otherwise adapted

win: The content of his message forces the other candidates to make even more promises in an effort to outshine him, and when they inevitably break those promises, their fraudulence becomes even more obvious to the average American, possibly bringing revolution on even sooner

A 3rd party run would be nothing but healthy for this nation and empowering for the people

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Dr. Paul in the race could make either candidate make promises that would change the course of the future.

If Ron Paul ran third party, he would pave the way for future third party runs giving the two party system less and less power until maybe one day, they dwindle away if we fight hard enough. If he doesn't run, things would be the same.

Two great points that can't be stated enough. Ron Paul presents a win win win win

Ultimate win: He wins

win: His presence and massive following challenges the 2-party system and shames the irrelevant mainstream media

win: The content of his message puts pressure on the other candidates to adapt policies they wouldn't have otherwise adapted

win: The content of his message forces the other candidates to make even more promises in an effort to outshine him, and when they inevitably break those promises, their fraudulence becomes even more obvious to the average American, possibly bringing revolution on even sooner

A 3rd party run would be nothing but healthy for this nation and empowering for the people

unfortunately, people just don't see it.

I'm glad to see some people in here don't support the Constitution, because that is ultimately where Ron Paul draws his policies from.
edit on 3-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

This is just getting sad. I had respect for rp, even though I disagree with a lot of his stances. But now he's just pandering. Reminds me of all of gore's challenges when he lost. There comes a point where you have to say "its over. We tried, I'm proud of the effort and accomplishments, but its over. "

The fact of the matter is simple... the longer Ron Paul remains relevant, the better it is for us, the people. Do you disagree?

but I believe much of what he intends to do would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold.

If you actually believe that and support either Obama or Romney, I'm going to laugh at you because you're leaving
me no choice.
I forget, where did I say I support either of them?

It'll be nice if someday paulites such as yourself can hold a conversation with people who don't agree with you without resorting to insult and ridicule. For being so against the status quo, you all sure do play the exact same games as the status quo.
edit on 3-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

If you actually believe that and support either Obama or Romney, I'm going to laugh at you because you're leaving
me no choice.

Where did I say that you did?

Oh thats right.....I didn't.
edit on 3-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

That is very important right now because what is happening is unprecedented takeover of the whole political process with or without the consent of the voting population. We have witnessed first hand treachery on a grand scale and noone is championing the peoples voice least not the media who we fight and vote for their right to free speech if they so chose.

And we need a dose of healthy challenge in this election not just political undermining of our individual choice.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

me no choice.

It'll be nice if someday paulites such as yourself can hold a conversation with people who don't agree with you without resorting to insult and ridicule. For being so against the status quo, you all sure do play the exact same games as the status quo.

oh I hold plenty of great conversations with those that have open minds and have an ability to absorb facts.

Then there are some who say (and cannot back up) that "Ron Paul's policies would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold."

Your turn.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

So you're really wanting to derail the thread and make it into another "rp is the greatest" thread? No thanks. You can look back through my posting history if you want to see my stance on rp (and by the way, my stance is based on FACTS)

Its always the same game with you "if you don't like rp you're closed minded, and don't know the facts". Same games the obama and romney supporters play. But you're "so against the status quo". Right.

And for the record, I said I BELIEVE his policies would hasten the demise of this country. That you feel the need to change it into a definite shows exactly what you are playing at.

YOUR TURN

edit on 4-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
And one last thing, show me where you stated any facts before you turned to ridicule in this thread.

Soooooo open minded you are.

And with that, ill leave you to your "high brow politics"

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

So you're really wanting to derail your own thread and make it into another "rp is the greatest" thread? No thanks. You can look back through my posting history if you want to see my stance on rp (and by the way, my stance is based on FACTS)

Its always the same game with you "if you don't like rp you're closed minded, and don't know the facts". Same games the obama and romney supporters play. But you're "so against the status quo". Right.

And for the record, I said I BELIEVE his policies would hasten the demise of this country. That you feel the need to change it into a definite shows exactly what you are playing at.

It seems you're the one trying to derail this thread into a question about his policies. I'm extremely open minded about what consequences a Ron Paul presidency would have. But it's about so much more than that at this point.

You need to settle down though, for real.

Look.. lets take it back to the original question I had asked you earlier.. only this time I'll add an assumed disclaimer..

Assuming that you're of the ilk that's convinced 'there's no way Ron Paul could ever win' :

Do you honestly think that him simply running 3rd party wouldn't be a positive thing for this country?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What's the one thing Ron Paul and his supporters believe in following?

I'll give you a hint... It starts with a C and ends in onstitution.

This will not change. Disagree all you want. We want a return to what made this country the greatest in human history.

I stand behind the Constitution, although I like Dr Paul as a person, it's only because he is the one politician (smiley gladhand) who does as well that I follow him.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Clearly the left wing, right wing and Z axis wing (made that up) are still influencing people.

I cannot comprehend how this left/right line of thinking can possibly get anything done. Everything just gets argued about till the American public gets sick of hearing it.

How is our current system getting anything done? Side question, Isn't the current system actually forefront in stonewalling progress?

At least, and I mean at the very least, any intelligent person would listen to Ron Paul and compare him to their belief system. Just for comparison.

Not the case it seems. If it was, this country would be in a revolution as we speak.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So you're really wanting to derail your own thread and make it into another "rp is the greatest" thread? No thanks. You can look back through my posting history if you want to see my stance on rp (and by the way, my stance is based on FACTS)

It seems you're the one trying to derail this thread into a question about his policies. I'm extremely open minded about what consequences a Ron Paul presidency would have. But it's about so much more than that at this point.

You need to settle down though, for real.

Look.. lets take it back to the original question I had asked you earlier.. only this time I'll add an assumed disclaimer..

Assuming that you're of the ilk that's convinced 'there's no way Ron Paul could ever win' :

Do you honestly think that him simply running 3rd party wouldn't be a positive thing for this country?

Ummm, where did I derail? You asked me about him, I gave my honest answer and left it at that. Everything that is following is not my doing.

Calm down? Get off it kiddo.

I think it would be as much of a positive as it was when nader ran 3rd party. Had rp run 3rd party from the start, id feel different. At this point in.the game, he'll be nothing but an afterthought. I said from the start he should havve run 3rd party.

And for the record, I wasn't a "rp can't win" believer, until he lost the gop nomination. Now I believe it is over. Again, I think he should have run third party from the start. He chose not to, and he lost

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I see I struck a nerve.

"RP's policies would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold." Go ahead, use your facts that you have readily available.

Let's see just how fast the Constitution and free market economics would erode this country 10 times faster than it already eroding.

And who exactly is Ron Paul pandering to when he tells the truth and says he is undecided on running third party? pandering? really?
edit on 4-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Maybe I have this wrong but I thought he would have had to announce his 3rd party candidacy a while ago.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I see I struck a nerve.

"RP's policies would hasten the demise of this country 10 fold." Go ahead, use your facts that you have readily available.

Let's see just how fast the Constitution and free market economics would erode this country 10 times faster than it already eroding.
again, feel free to look back through my posting history, I've had this discussion ad nauseum, and it is pointless, as you will stick your fingers in your ears and say "nuh uh".

I do love that paulites think he would somehow snap his fingers and it would be free market econ and only the constitution. Nevermind the things that he would have to do to make it so, such as defaulting on debt (which would have a ridiculously negative impact on this country, and would send it to third world status overnight). Or taking funding away from schools. Or "ending the fed", which, in theory is great, in practice would cause a new depression which this country may never pull out of.
But I digress. Like I said before, ill leave you to your "RP is the greatest" thread.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I really hope he does run third party. He won't win, but that's not the point. He needs to be a Perot in this election and hopefully wake up some voters to the fraudulent two-party scam that's been forced down our throats. The so-called "choice" we have is only a choice of which side of the dirty duck we'd like better, and that my friends is not choice, it's illusion. If someone managed to resurrect the Founders and tell them what the elite has to done to their country, they'd ask to die again.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

oh...so the claimant no longer has to back up his claim but it is up to the one that questions to back up the claimants' claims?

ok, backwards guy.

and why are you still responding? I thought you were done with my 'high brow politics'? we're not dealing with a hypocrite here, are we?
edit on 4-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Ummm, where did I derail? You asked me about him, I gave my honest answer and left it at that. Everything that is following is not my doing.

Calm down? Get off it kiddo.

I think it would be as much of a positive as it was when nader ran 3rd party. Had rp run 3rd party from the start, id feel different. At this point in.the game, he'll be nothing but an afterthought. I said from the start he should havve run 3rd party.

And for the record, I wasn't a "rp can't win" believer, until he lost the gop nomination. Now I believe it is over. Again, I think he should have run third party from the start. He chose not to, and he lost

You derailed when you started talking about his policies hastening the demise of the country. Which is fine if you think that, I often wonder the same thing.. the point is you accused somebody else of derailing and I had to call you out because you were the first to delve into territory other than the content of the OP.

See, this was quite constructive. I enjoyed hearing that input. I only wish that had been your first comment.

I have friends like you. Friends that I love very much, though I call them 'Evangelical Cynics'

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

oh...so the claimant no longer has to back up his claim but it is up to the one that questions to back up the claimants' claims?

ok, backwards guy.
nope, no status quo politicing here. None at all. Carry on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join