It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 TRILLION on the DNC's Big Tuesday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by IAMTAT
IT'S OFFICIAL:
THE U.S. DEBT JUST PASSED 16 TRILLION DOLLARS 5 MINUTES AGO!...and counting...

AND...what are the democrats currently talking about at the DNC?...FREE Birth Control!!!
edit on 4-9-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

We don't have money for more free candy for everyone.

-----------
Juan Williams already gave Bill O'Reilly the bad news.

If Juan was walking down the street in Washington DC and Sandra Fluke ran up

and asked for $100 to pay for her birth control for 6 months, Juan would say "No."

I wonder if they'll drop red, white & blue inflated condoms after Fluke speaks at the DNC?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yes there is too much chicken-# legislation that is choking the life out of small and medium business, thus encouraging anyone that can afford moving to asia to do so for 30 plus years. No doubt about it!

On the other hand there are no tariffs and companies take advantage to import THEIR OWN MERCHANDISE back to america at a slight discount to the buyer.

The taxation system is a big joke. The middle class pays nearly all the taxes, the rich get away with various loopholes(trusts, shell companies, tax haven annonymous banking) and the poor cannot afford to pay a red cent.

Then add the wars of the last decade and viola......bankruptcy!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
FYI:
U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK:

www.usdebtclock.org...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
NEITHER ROMNEY OR THE IMPOSTER PRESIDENT WILL CREATE JOBS

Jobs and the economy are at the top of the list for the upcoming election. Those who count the votes will decide who wins. Between illegal aliens voting, electronic machines, scanners, tainted voting rolls and cheaters, we won't know who actually won from the top down. Again. Of course, Soetoro/Obama has no legal right to be on the ballot, but since every member of Congress is a gutless coward, as well as Georgia's Secretary of State, Brian Kemp, and cowardly judges, the same fraud could happen again this November as did four years ago: an illegitimate candidate "wins" the presidential election.

If you've spent the time researching who is behind the curtain and how the dirty game is played, it doesn't matter to the global ruling elite which candidate from the two "major" parties wins. Only those who can be controlled make it to the top for decades. A sad, sad thing for us, our children and grand children.
I know that is negative, but people have got to open their eyes. “For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst and to provide for it.” -Patrick Henry

There is no reason for high unemployment in this country. A nation rich in human and natural resources has been destroyed by Congress after Congress after Congress and signed on by presidents for nearly 100 years.

I watched about three minutes of Gov. Chris Christie's speech the other night at the GOP convention on tv. The poster boy for gluttony and sloth, who protects illegal aliens in his state who steal jobs that belong to the people of New Jersey. Christie's get tough, we're taking back America sounds great. I saw the same orchestrated "show" in 2008, when I attended the GOP convention up in St. Paul, Minnesota. But, in reality, it's just more of the same because solutions are never even discussed. Certainly not by the impostor president and not by Williard Romney or Paul Ryan.

www.newswithviews.com...

Sorry, but all I am hearing from either candidate is a bunch of rhetoric. Bringing life to small businesses, bring jobs back to America - my bull# meter is going crazy. You can talk the talk all you want, sip the Republican or Democrat Kool-aid all you want - Romney and Obama will bring about the same thing at the end of the day.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by IAMTAT

You know... Im not a Democrat and I was NOT a fan of Bill Clinton during his presidency but as I get older and look back, his terms in office were entertaining and he actually did a great job on our budget.

Really? Clinton's Administration is why we have some of that $120 trillion in unfunded liabilities. All they did was to take money that was held in separate accounts, like the Airport Improvement Program, and dumped it into the General Fund. Zap! Instant surplus. Now the things that those funds were intended for are coming due and have to be paid for out of the General Fund.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That debt can't be paid back and even if it could, those to whom we owe the $ would simply inflate the debt via any and all means as the debt is their leverage. They most likely wouldn't even take the payment, they want the leverage.

Say there was a way to pay a billion a week towards that debt... if it was interest free it would take us over 3 centuries to pay that to $0 IF there was no further debt generated.

Derek

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viesczy
That debt can't be paid back and even if it could, those to whom we owe the $ would simply inflate the debt via any and all means as the debt is their leverage. They most likely wouldn't even take the payment, they want the leverage.

Say there was a way to pay a billion a week towards that debt... if it was interest free it would take us over 3 centuries to pay that to $0 IF there was no further debt generated.

Derek

It only took 3 years for Obama to run up the debt by another 1/3. If it can raised by 5 TRILLION in one term...it can be reduced by 5 TRILLION in one term...although...obviously NOT by THIS president.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

It only took 3 years for Obama to run up the debt by another 1/3. If it can raised by 5 TRILLION in one term...it can be reduced by 5 TRILLION in one term...although...obviously NOT by THIS president.

you obviously dont understand the concept of exponential expansion do you?

its a mathematical certainty that every year the debt will "inflate exponentially"
and this would happen under goldylocks or the seven dwarfs if they were pres,

its NOT THE PRES,
***SNIPPED CHILDISH SWIPE AT ANOTHER MEMBER***

xploder
edit on 9-9-2012 by Crakeur because: removed unnecessary insult towards another member

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Why are you calling Mitt Romney, President, all ready? Are you some kind of fortune teller with strong visions of the future and can already tell us he's going to win in Nov? Or - are you trying to implant the idea into other's heads of Mitt Romney already being president, to manipulate them into either not voting at all, or voting for Romney?

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by IAMTAT

its a mathematical certainty that every year the debt will "inflate exponentially"

its NOT THE PRES,
its the system stupid

xploder

Great attitude. Let's just give up on reducing the national debt then (even though it's been reduced in the past)...and embrace hopelessness by reelecting Obama.

I will, however, give you credit (no pun intended) for actually managing to come out in support of Obama; it seems most dems seem to be ignoring the debt due to Obama's role in massively expanding it.

Oh, ...and ONE MORE THING:
In 2008 Obama stated that by the end of his first term, HE would CUT the national debt in half!
Was HE ignorant of the concept of exponential debt expansion...or merely lying to the American people in order to get elected?
Either way, Goldylocks sounds like a better choice than Obama...but since she's not running...I'M voting for Romney this time!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

its NOT THE PRES,
its the system stupid

xploder

And you obviously have no idea how an economy works.....

You cant throw out a mathmatical term used in a totally different area, and NOT associated what so ever with economics.........and claim thats the answer, and act like its some sort of economic fact....

I hate it when people come on here sometimes and try to do this.......

Learn economics before throwing out loose terms trying to look like you know what youre talking about...

The way this administration (and previous, altho not to the extent ) have run up INTENTIONALLY the debt, and continued to print money is a catastrophe.......

Your lil "magic word" doesnt compute into this equation........

irresponsibility and the determination to make the public dependent on the government does...........
edit on 4-9-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
$16 trillion...done!

Why is everybody so fixated on the debt? Debt is largely irrelevant. It's like the top speed of a car, a nice number to show off, but hardly useful in gauging actual performance.

Deficit, on the other hand, well that is a number worth watching.

If the US removed their deficit, the total debt would be meaningless, it would eventually be paid, but that can't happen until the deficit is removed.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Great attitude. Let's just give up on reducing the national debt then (even though it's been reduced in the past)...and embrace hopelessness by reelecting Obama.

untill you can see past left right, you will always get screwed, obama romney makes no difference to the MATH

I will, however, give you credit (no pun intended) for actually managing to come out in support of Obama; it seems most dems seem to be ignoring the debt due to Obama's role in massively expanding it.

you have little understanding of debt expansion, 5 trillion under obama will be 11 trillion under the next pres "whoever" it is.

its a function of exponential expansion NOT WHO IS BOSS AT THE TIME

Oh, ...and ONE MORE THING:
In 2008 Obama stated that by the end of his first term, HE would CUT the national debt in half!
Was HE ignorant of the concept of exponential debt expansion...or merely lying to the American people in order to get elected?

to be clear i am not an obama or romney supporter,

but in an exponetial expansion of debt system,
to slow the expansion of debt causes a depresion,

NO ONE ALIVE TODAY PUT THIS IN MOTION,

obama is not a maths genius and would not understand as he is not an economist,

i cant comment much further on HIS promises except to say to "cut" spending now would "collapse" the economy, because of the SYSTEM,

i care little for politics, but you MUST understand the maths to make an informed statement,
on "whos to blame"

THE FED if your interested is to "blame" for debt based currency.

xploder

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

reply to post by IAMTAT

its NOT THE PRES,
its the system stupid

xploder

And you obviously have no idea how an economy works.....

you know me and my abilities? orealy?

You cant throw out a mathmatical term used in a totally different area, and NOT associated what so ever with economics.........and claim thats the answer, and act like its some sort of economic fact....

i love maths, i understand maths, i do it for fun.
very smart man explaining exponential function please watch then tell me i know nothing

please ask if there are anything in the vid you dont understand

Learn economics before throwing out loose terms trying to look like you know what youre talking about...

lol orealy?

The way this administration (and previous, altho not to the extent ) have run up INTENTIONALLY the debt, and continued to print money is a catastrophe.......

i will agree this point

Your lil "magic word" doesnt compute into this equation........

there is very little magic in maths

please dont think i dont know what i am talking about,
i LOVE maths.
economics INCLUDES maths

xploder
edit on 4-9-2012 by XPLodER because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

pay very close attension to the "chess board" story

you will then understand the concept

xploder

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
yes, the deficit is rising at such a rate that it will quickly become unsustainable, in my opinion it is at that point already....and yes, the only thing keeping things together at this point is the ever increasing debt.

as I have stated before, the economy is a sham, an illusion - the economy is like a run-away train, going faster and faster - piling more and more debt.....but I feel this train will sooner or later come off it's tracks.
edit on 4-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

ok a solution,
usery, or compounding interest is the problem, as debt based money attracts interest that has an exponential function.

no interest no exponential expansion of debt.

xploder

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

reply to post by MidnightTide

ok a solution,
usery, or compounding interest is the problem, as debt based money attracts interest that has an exponential function.

no interest no exponential expansion of debt.

xploder

Problem - those hiding behind the scenes will not let that happen.

Even taking them out of the picture, I don't see how things can be fixed....short of some sort of collapse, or mutual dissolution of debt. To which I mean that all the bubbles (like the housing bubble, bond bubble and the derivative time bomb) that the elite have manufactured.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I don't like Obama either, but I honestly think you are delusional if you think Romney can somehow fix this. I honestly don't think anyone could except for maybe Ron Paul because he has the right idea about the Federal Reserve. Even then, I doubt it's really possible to pay that debt. I'm guessing we won't. Somehow the U.S. will get out of paying it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XPLodER

There is a clear difference........between just loving math........

and understanding economics and how they work.........thats why there are economists and mathematicians....... clearly two totally different professions man.......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join