It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted in an Episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
So I recently "acquired" all the episodes of the greatest TV show to ever exist called Bill Nye the Science Guy.

If you haven't seen the show, you had no childhood, or it was before/after your time. Either way its still a must watch especially for those with kids!

On to the subject at hand.

As I was watching through some episodes, I stumbled upon this one named "Wetlands"

It seems pretty odd, but in the opening scene, there appears to be a UFO, bright as heck in front of an overcast cloudy day?

Check it out let me know what you guys think?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Its in a wetland area or sea inlet, most likely a bird.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
at what time stamp does this occur?
I couldn't make out anything on my pc

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Could you give us the time on the video where the UFO appears ... thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That's pretty cool. Could it be something with the lens, as it appears on screen & moved literally as the camera zooms out and pans to the right with him running. That said though, it does appear to remain in the distance and in all the right places for its movement when the camera pans.

All I can say is, very good spot!

TO SEE THE UFO: So others may know (I nearly didn't click because of lack of information when/where to look) but it is literally in the first 2 seconds, above the fellas head when he is center frame and the camera begins to pan. Looks a bit like a fireball that appears in the cloud and flies to the left, for about a second. You'll want to fullscreen it or watch on YouTube really.

PS. It looks very genuine to me, and after further watching, my "lens" idea above seems less and less likely. Need to take it frame by frame some time to be more sure though. But who knows! It IS a Disney documentary after-all.
edit on 3-9-2012 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I just watched the opening scene, saw no ufo. What minute mark is it on?

Oh I see, first couple of secs, right behind his hat
edit on 3-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yeah its between 1 and 2 seconds in

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Looks like an orb or ball of light type thingy. Doesn't seem to be a lense flare but I'm no expert. Yep UFO.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It is the UFOs keeping tabs on Bill Nay after his denial of their existence:

They will continue to fly over his head, taunting his nearsightedness.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Ok seen it now , interesting but ... it seems to me that the object appears when the camera starts moving giving me the impression that it may be a reflection , lots of lights involved in filming .
I'm not saying that's definitely what it is , just a thought .

link   
Wetlands.
You don't suppose it could be a bird?

link   
It's not the best but i tried to get a still of it.

[/img]

I'm going with bird.
edit on 9/3/12 by Bodaciouschief because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It seems to move at the same rate as the camera panning right... might be a reflection of some kind...

2nd

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

edit on 9/3/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Captured it, watched it back under different filters, I'd personally rule out the lens theory now, it's movement isn't in relation to that of the lens. It's definitely there, it's dropping in and flying to the left, no reflection - it seems like a solid object. But Phage could be right, it could well be a bird.

Counter to that though, it appears to 'morph' out of the clouds and into solid view (it's actually visible in the clouds momentarily before it can be seen properly as a blob). Which gives me the impression, if it IS a bird, it's somehow passed through the cloud into a visible area, and considering the clouds it's coming through are at the very least on the other side of that lake, makes it a pretty giant bird.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by markymint

makes it a pretty giant bird.

Or a low quality youtube video.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Wetlands (#613)

TV Schedule:

Fri, September 7, 2012 10:00 PM (IPTV Learns)

People in Iowa, get those HD TV recorder thingamebobs at the ready!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i dont think it would be a reflection of some kind because the reflection flash would be larger and significant and i also dont think it would be a bird becuase it just disappeard and was moving very fast , although it was a small object which could mean it was a bird but i dont think it would be a seagull cause its near the sea and the fact that its white but it still wouldnt be able to move that fast also it GLOWING!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
It seems to move at the same rate as the camera panning right... might be a reflection of some kind...

2nd

I think it is a reflection, too, but it may be a lens flare/internal cameral reflection cause by Nye himself.

The object seems to move at the exact same time and rate (two different rates) as Nye does as he runs across the screen, and in the opposite direction Nye is running.

edit on 9/3/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grizzlykid96

Certainly, and my photographer instincts are telling me anything flying in the background of such a dimly lit, overcast shot, should be silhouetted. This has already become one of my personal fave's of 2012

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join