It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Spotted in an Episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Wetlands.
You don't suppose it could be a bird?

Clearly, it's swamp gas...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
They're always birds, but this one is definitely a Pterodactyl. Swamps are their favorite spots.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
IMO, not a lens flare. Movements, even under normal viewing, are not in correlation with the camera's. That said, I guess the potential light source could also be moving, independently, so it is a possibility. Looks more like a shooting star, other than what appears to be a shift in direction, but atmosphere can cause that, right? Good UFO footage, whatever it is, until/unless it is identified.

Good find, and I wonder if there's any other mention to it being noticed before. It's pretty visible, but I guess on the flip side, it IS in the first couple seconds, so it'd be easier to miss... ? Get enough attention for this, and the man, himself might comment on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Wetlands.

Last time I checked birds don't reflect glowing white light. Fail.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
It's a reflection on the camera lens. The movement of the UFO is directly related to the camera movement. At first, the camera is panning right, and the UFO is moving left at the same speed. The exact moment the camera zooms out, the UFO speeds up the exact same speed as the zoom. 100% reflection. Most likely, because they are in "wet lands", it's a reflection off of a protective cover / water barrier for the camera.
edit on 4-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Actually, if it is a white bird, and it happens to be catching the right amount of light, and the camera settings (contrast) are a certain way, a white bird will "glow white light".

Fail.

...but it's not a bird. It's a reflection. Guarantee. Unless the UFO just happens to be mimicking the movement of the camera and it's zoom which I HIGHLY doubt.

edit on 4-9-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
^ a valid argument initially but I'd recommend capturing it and watching it in slow motion. Its movement doesn't correspond to the camera. In the first bunch of frames where it's visible it moves downward (the camera is not moving up nor down) and then it starts moving horizontally. Whilst the camera clearly moves horizontally (as does the object) the camera does not move up or down, especially in a "jerk" motion presented by the object in the first moments of it on screen.

Reflection is blown out of the water as far as I'm concerned (and anyone can be if they go and watch it frame by frame) but the bird idea still holds up pretty well.
edit on 4-9-2012 by markymint because: Spellingz

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good find op, deff weird since it was recorded during the show.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Oh dear lord, my 4th grade teacher used to make us watch Bill Nye all the time. lol

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

Since no one has mentioned it yet.....It looks an awful lot like Ball Lightening to me. It appears luminescent, though I'll readily admit that a bird is plausible as well....A white bird can appear unusually bright under the right lighting conditions, so I can't rule that

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Frustrating when something's caught on video, when it's too late to zoom in and focus because you didn't see the bloody thing in the first place. lol

I've been searching for a penguin documentary since I first saw it a few years back. At one point while the man is talking on the penguin beach, a pure white "cloud" thing appears from the top right of screen and seems to grow into a long white cigar shape. It does look like it's up in the sky, but might just be something on the film. It's there for some seconds then it vanishes instantly. I always wanted a second look at it.

No clues to exactly which penguin programme it was other than the presenter was English and some famous US navy ship is in the Antarctic at the time and is included in the programme.

There's an episode of Korean drama Iris (17 I think) where an object is hanging in the sky behind the actor Jung Joon-ho. The scene cuts to something else, then back to that guy, and the object, some black thing, is still there. It must be in 3, maybe 4 shots. Might be some advertising balloon or something but it looks very high and stationary.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Its Disney channel people, come on.take some time and check out a few shows, they are packed full of pictures and representations to all kinds of things: Masons, Baphomet, satanism, illuminati. the list goes on.
shows like wizards of waverly place (if you can stomach it).
suit life of zach and cody.
sonny with a chance.
all of these programs are littered with brain destroying plot lines and loaded with secret society material.
check it out for yourself.
So to see a representation of a UFO in the background in this show is no suprise to me, its subliminal to the child or person viewing, and shows Disney has been doing this for years.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Swamp gas? Birds? LOLOL
Good catch on the video. Looks legitimately UFOey to me.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Wetlands.

A bird!? What kind of logic is that?! No sir, it was clearly aliens! Don't you understand? Anything that can't rationally be explained right away is usually aliens.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Its Disney channel people, come on.take some time and check out a few shows, they are packed full of pictures and representations to all kinds of things: Masons, Baphomet, satanism, illuminati. the list goes on.
shows like wizards of waverly place (if you can stomach it).
suit life of zach and cody.
sonny with a chance.
all of these programs are littered with brain destroying plot lines and loaded with secret society material.
check it out for yourself.
So to see a representation of a UFO in the background in this show is no suprise to me, its subliminal to the child or person viewing, and shows Disney has been doing this for years.

You have a big paranoia problem, if you think Zach and Cody is "illumanati" propaganda you need to get out more.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I didn't see a UFO....
But i did see a Dinosaur.....

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisrand

It is a Seagull!!

When you pause the video and then start it again a number of times you can actually make out the wings flapping up and down

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
NO YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!

It is a Chinese Lantern getting sucked by the jet stream!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Is there a hd source of this somewhere actually worth checking it in better quality if possible.
Good find,its authentic official record.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Actually, after looking closer, it is a white bird. There is another one at the 0:03 mark flying in front of the hills in the background, to the left side of Bill, and is only visible for half a second.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join