It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Checking. For those who voted for Obama last time....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The purpose of this thread is simple, so I would like to put most of the argument aside and try to keep it narrowly on topic if possible. I understand the passions of everyone out there, and the need to defend or attack is tempting. I have one question and it's for those who voted for Obama in 08 only.

The question is: If you voted for president Obama in 2008, do you still intend on voting for him this time around, or, have you now changed your mind and will not vote for him ?

All I ask is for the answer. Please try not to go off topic, thanks.

edit on 3-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I'm not American but ima answer anyway.

Obviously, I didn't vote... But I would of if Id'a been American. I was young and chased change. I knew of Americas turbulent politics and the possibility of the Gov been corrupt, but not the big, BIG picture. In comes Obama, a black American man that was saying everything we wanted to hear - I wanted to vote for him and listened to every speech that I could.

4 years into the future, I'm sat here at 25 years old replying to your thread wanting the same change again, but more wise to the world and understand that Obama was a black Bush, maybe even Bush in a costume. I wouldnt vote him in again. In fact I don't think I'd vote for anybody who has a stance and represents only left or right. Politics is insane and I'v decided to start voting for smaller parties who get 0 media attention, such as The Green Party (UK) and others.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I voted for Obama in 08 and I will vote for him again. Why? He is the president least likely to start a new war in the middle east. While Romney is already beating the war drums against Iran. I see no need to sacrifice thousands of soldiers and trillions of dollars for a holy war when our economy is struggling at home.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I voted for Obama in '08, after voting Republican ( except for Perot, once ) for my entire adult life.

To be honest, I don't know who I am going to vote for yet. Definitely not Mitt Romney, and possibly not Barack Obama. I may go third party write in.

~Heff
edit on 9/3/12 by Hefficide because: typo - was distracted in R/L

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink
I voted for Obama in 08 and I will vote for him again. Why? He is the president least likely to start a new war in the middle east. While Romney is already beating the war drums against Iran. I see no need to sacrifice thousands of soldiers and trillions of dollars for a holy war when our economy is struggling at home.

I did not vote for him, and will not ever. Just as i will not vote for anyone else. Obama was elected before the election if you get my drift. Did he make America worse? No, yet he is complicit in the scheme that the money behind this corporate country has allowed him to be a yes man. He was the canidate most likely to do what they wanted...in that much he succeeded.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I voted for Obama in 08 and yes, I will do so again in November.

I've always voted for the person I thought was best suited to perform the job regardless of political party affiliation but right now, I wouldn't vote to elect a republican to any office, not even dog-catcher. I don't know what has happened but it seems as though the republican party has adopted ignorance, lies and denial of all known scientific facts as their party platform and I want nothing do with it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I did vote for Obama last time and will vote for him again.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Gary Johnson or Obama ....Every sane person must exclude Romney.... if you vote ...best solution is not to vote

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaploink

What a load of crap.. Obama has no control over that anyways. Get a grip please, your country is dying

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Yep. I did then and will again.

Now that thats out of the way.....

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I did not vote for Obama in 2008 because of the company he kept back then and still does today. You are at the core who you choose to spend your time with, regardless what you may say in front of a teleprompter.

That is how you cut through the political rhetoric and outright lies from BOTH parties. It's all about the company he (or she) keeps.

This year it's another choice of who you think is going to further damage the country the least. Actually, I am voting against the person who I think is going to damage the country the most and faster. Certainly there is nobody with the wherewithall even on the horizon to bring the country back to the 18th century level of freedom or size of govt.
edit on 3-9-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Was GOP that switched to Indy in the mid 2000's because of Iraq and being called unpatriotic (though I am a vet) too many times for not supporting a President in a "time of war".

Voted for President Obama because I figured he would go after the Wall Streeter's and Multinationals. Disappointed now.

Voting Gary Johnson this time in protest. I can't even bring myself to vote for Romney even if someone would point a gun to my head.

My wife and son are both voting for President Obama again.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
What a load of crap.. Obama has no control over that anyways. Get a grip please, your country is dying

Congratulations, you did everything but answer the question presented in the OP. If i didn't know better, I'd say you have difficulty either understanding and/or following simple instructions.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Congratulations, you did everything but answer the question presented in the OP. If i didn't know better, I'd say you have difficulty either understanding and/or following simple instructions.

If you wish to speak for kaploink, I suggest you ask permission.
Don't act like I'm an asshole for noticing that Obama didn't deliver anything really, except racial divisions.

To answer the OP: If I were an american during that last election, i would have picked up on the vibes that he gives off/ Yes his speeches were convincing, moreso at the beginning,,
But thats besides the point. You guys claimed bush a nazi, then vote in obama who continued everything, every rotten policy you pinned to bushes forehead.
What a joke

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

If you wish to speak for kaploink, I suggest you ask permission.
Don't act like I'm an asshole for noticing that Obama didn't deliver anything really, except racial divisions.

To answer the OP: If I were an american during that last election, i would have picked up on the vibes that he gives off/ Yes his speeches were convincing, moreso at the beginning,,
But thats besides the point. You guys claimed bush a nazi, then vote in obama who continued everything, every rotten policy you pinned to bushes forehead.
What a joke

In other words, we can safely assume that the answer wound be a "no" on a vote for him this time.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
If we don't hold politicians accountable, things will never get better.

Obama has the leadership skills of a Community Organizer and it shows.

I can see not pulling the trigger for Romney, but voting for Obama again? That is ignorant, try denying it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I voted for Obama in 08 mostly because I found it frighting Palin could become President. I think he has done a decent job, as good as anyone could have given what he walked into. I do have some issues with keeping GITMO and not vetoing the NDAA but, as those were both big GOP supported items that would not have changed with Mcain. Right now I will be voting for Obama again. Romney is just not an option. If Jeb or Rubio were in I might swing that way but, they are not.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You didn't ask me ... but I'll answer anyways ... I"m voting Gary Johnson this time.
He isn't qualified .. but it's my protest vote.

Oh .. and to the previous poster ... Obama is not 'less likely' to get into a war.

He's bombed more countries than Bush43. He's just like the others ... no hope/no change.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm sure as hell not going to let a vulture capitalist who makes money putting people out of work anywhere near the oval office that's for damn sure

its a lesser of two evils election

again

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Voted for obama last time...got wrapped up in the whole "change" thing...but it seems we got more of the same...so this time I am not voting..I will probably never vote again..I just don't care anymore...they are all the same and I don't want to be apart of that anymore..

I am going to live low in my little bubble..hey..I only have a good 30 years (if that) anyway...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join