It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Checking. For those who voted for Obama last time....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If we don't hold politicians accountable, things will never get better.

Obama has the leadership skills of a Community Organizer and it shows.

I can see not pulling the trigger for Romney, but voting for Obama again? That is ignorant, try denying it.

So you believe anyone who votes for Obama is ignorant?

Just making sure im understanding your labeling here.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by Flatfish

What a load of crap.. Obama has no control over that anyways. Get a grip please, your country is dying

Congratulations, you did everything but answer the question presented in the OP. If i didn't know better, I'd say you have difficulty either understanding and/or following simple instructions.

If you wish to speak for kaploink, I suggest you ask permission.
Don't act like I'm an asshole for noticing that Obama didn't deliver anything really, except racial divisions.

To answer the OP: If I were an american during that last election, i would have picked up on the vibes that he gives off/ Yes his speeches were convincing, moreso at the beginning,,
But thats besides the point. You guys claimed bush a nazi, then vote in obama who continued everything, every rotten policy you pinned to bushes forehead.
What a joke

In other words, we can safely assume that the answer wound be a "no" on a vote for him this time.

Hey, if yall want to brush this off as a joke again, then do so.. Vote obama. Don't ask for anything after though. The rich people are going to laugh in your face when you demand your free money.
Wow, talk about the soviet union... You guys are on that path and it's full steam ahead//
Thanks guys! We will pay for your mistakes all across the world. Who knows, maybe things will get so bad that pensions are slashed in half.. Oh right, it's already happening.

PS: hope you guys speak mandarin. The chinese are your allies apparently

edit on 3-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I did and I am planning on doing it again. His accomplishments are many (regardless what his detractors say) and I think he is the best hope for this country. I prefer a community organizer with compassion at the helm, instead of a corporate whore.

I have all the money I need and will not be petitioning the government for free money, food stamps, welfare or health care. To assume that Obama voters are leeches on society is stupid. And if anyone wants to show the one Youtube lady from 2008 who hopes Obama can save her life as an illustration of the average Obama voter, don't bother.
edit on 9/3/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
After the Republicans gave us Iraq, Afghanistan, 911, deregulation of the markets and the subsequent economic meltdown, TARP and "too big to fail" bailouts to the guilty bankers, not to mention the PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretapping, and election fraud, and now, rampant voter-suppression in swing states. I vowed never - EVER - to vote Republican again.

Obama signed NDAA - but it was Republicans who WROTE the NDAA. Obama failed to close GITMO - but it was Republicans who refused to back closing it and BLOCKED Obama's January 2009 executive order to close it. Obama shares in stimulus and bailout spending blame.

I did not vote for Obama in 2008. I will consider voting for him 2012.

We can't "write in" a vote for Ron Paul, since no state now allows write-in votes (the GOP removed write-in options for the last remaining state to allow it, NV, just recently, all part of their grand voter suppression agenda). After the cheating by the GOP against Ron Paul during the primaries, that party is utterly dead to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
After the Republicans gave us Iraq, Afghanistan, 911, deregulation of the markets and the subsequent economic meltdown, TARP and "too big to fail" bailouts to the guilty bankers, not to mention the PATRIOT Act, warrantless wiretapping, and election fraud, and now, rampant voter-suppression in swing states. I vowed never - EVER - to vote Republican again.

Obama signed NDAA - but it was Republicans who WROTE the NDAA. Obama failed to close GITMO - but it was Republicans who refused to back closing it and BLOCKED Obama's January 2009 executive order to close it. Obama shares in stimulus and bailout spending blame.

We can't "write in" a vote for Ron Paul, since no state now allows write-in votes (the GOP removed write-in options for the last remaining state to allow it, NV, just recently, all part of their grand voter suppression agenda). After the cheating by the GOP against Ron Paul during the primaries, that party is utterly dead to me.

this this 100 times this

wish I could star it 10 times

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am 26 and have only been able to vote twice, I became involved with politics because of civil duty.

The first go round in 04 I voted bush because it seemed like he was the more honest candidate. To me a good reason. But he became my boss when I joined the military....

Lets see round 2 I was idealistic in my ways and wanted change for the better, so in 08 I voted Obama as he seemed most likely to bring it about. Well four years later same ole song and dance not sure anyone one could have done a better job but still... Not completly satisfied.

Now round three... Im a lil older and more of a realist, In my political fantisies Ron Paul!!! But that horse dosent exist. It all comes down to who do I trust more with that red button. Johnson cant win, dont get me wrong I wish he could. So Romney or Obama? My pick would be Obama unless I heard a diffirent tone from Romney regarding our enemies.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Obama continued all of bushs' policies. Wake up, turn on a light

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
You didn't ask me ... but I'll answer anyways ... I"m voting Gary Johnson this time.
He isn't qualified .. but it's my protest vote.

Oh .. and to the previous poster ... Obama is not 'less likely' to get into a war.

He's bombed more countries than Bush43. He's just like the others ... no hope/no change.

I'm thinking of doing the same, but why do you say he isn't qualified? Being a former governor, is he not more qualified than obama? Being a governor is a pretty common lead-in to being president, being a community organizer is not though.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I voted for Obama in 08 and will again in 12, even though I am sorely disappointed, both by some things he has done, and some that he hasn't. The Republican party put forward such a poor slate of candidates this election cycle, politics have gotten so ugly and partisan with compromise being a four letter word, that I am not sure a decent realistic candidate will ever run for the office again.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I voted for Palin and the old guy in '08.

I'll vote for Ryan and that other guy in '12.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Don't act like I'm an asshole for noticing that Obama didn't deliver anything really, except racial divisions.

To answer the OP: If I were an american during that last election, i would have picked up on the vibes that he gives off/ Yes his speeches were convincing, moreso at the beginning,,
But thats besides the point. You guys claimed bush a nazi, then vote in obama who continued everything, every rotten policy you pinned to bushes forehead.
What a joke

Wasn't speaking for Kaploink, I was speaking for myself and as far as I know, there are no rules here on ATS limiting one's post to responses directed specifically at themselves. In other words, I don't need to ask permission.

Personally, I never once accused Bush of being a Nazi. However, I will contend to my dying breath that he is indeed a war criminal of the highest order for taking this nation to war based on fabricated lies, killing tens of thousands in the process.

Furthermore, while I'll agree that President Obama has continued "some" of the rotten Bush policies, for reasons unbeknownst to me, it's a far stretch of the truth for you to state that he has continued "every rotten policy pinned to Bush's forehead." While I would very much like to see the Patriot Act repealed, Gitmo closed and a thorough investigation and prosecution of those responsible for taking us to war with Iraq, to say that Obama is the same as Bush is just flat out false.

President Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Act of 2009, eliminated "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, removed the vast majority of our troops from Iraq, enacted the Affordable Care Act which will expand access to medical care and provide subsidies for people who can't afford it and fix the "pre-existing condition" travesty within the health insurance industry. He created "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau," appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court and has attempted to re-regulate the financial sector with the creation of the Dodd-Frank bill, which I admit is too weak but that's because of republican obstructionism during the process. He got help for people who's health was injured during the clean-up after the 9-11 attacks, invested in clean energy and quit defending DOMA in the courts. I could go on, but I won't. Now, how many of these accomplishments qualify as "rotten policies" pinned to Bush's forehead?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It really dosnt matter who we vote for. They are all controlled puppets. Left right or what ever. Its all the same choice. One puppet sets it up, for the next puppet to implement it.
Obama the Nobel peace prize winner. On that strength alone he was guarentee`d to win, as people had more than their fair share of war and were sick of it. What has he done? All he did was to bail out the system with our money and keep it running for a while longer. A few cosmetic changes here and there. But nothing has really changed.
As a brit I realise that we are no better off. Labour liberal or tory, its all the same gang. I guess Americans going on about how they have the constitution. Is the same as us brits saying we have the magna carta. Which has been repealed and is now a useless document. Same as that god dammed scrap of paper, that bush was talking about.
If we let things continue, then we are all well an truely screwed.
Whats the answer? hmm What about just not voting at all? Vote for no one. How would they govern us then? If we dont elect them, then they have no power over us?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
It really dosnt matter who we vote for. They are all controlled puppets. Left right or what ever. Its all the same choice. One puppet sets it up, for the next puppet to implement it.
Obama the Nobel peace prize winner. On that strength alone he was guarentee`d to win, as people had more than their fair share of war and were sick of it. What has he done? All he did was to bail out the system with our money and keep it running for a while longer. A few cosmetic changes here and there. But nothing has really changed.
As a brit I realise that we are no better off. Labour liberal or tory, its all the same gang. I guess Americans going on about how they have the constitution. Is the same as us brits saying we have the magna carta. Which has been repealed and is now a useless document. Same as that god dammed scrap of paper, that bush was talking about.
If we let things continue, then we are all well an truely screwed.
Whats the answer? hmm What about just not voting at all? Vote for no one. How would they govern us then? If we dont elect them, then they have no power over us?

IMO, not voting is about the dumbest thing anyone could do. Under your premiss, all it would take for them to maintain control is to persuade the rest of us not to vote while just one of them does and the guy with one vote wins. Go figure! Yeah, not voting will solve everything.

On the other hand, not voting is a policy that the TP/GOP would love to have the democrats get used to. That's why they're currently attempting to speed up that process by enacting voter ID laws and restricting early voting days in every state where they control the legislature.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Well I agree with you, if we dont vote and only one of them votes then they win hands down. So tell me with all the vote cheating that we have witnessed in this convention. If its corrupt then what kind of fool am I ? To use it to make an honest vote? Why should we even bother to vote in a system, thats known to be corrupt? Its not going to give us our honest choice of leader. The entire system needs pulling down and replaced with a better model.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

911 was planned way before bush was in office. What a foolish mistake you have made. You don't even give a # what happens to your country.
Don't yall bitches come to canada if it gets heated

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I voted Obama. I won't vote Romney...................he is so out of touch. I have voted as an independent my whole life and have voted both parties. I can not vote Obama again because of his signing laws violating our constitutional rights. I can't forgive him for that. I now hate politicians and our elected officials with a passion. IF I vote this time it will be for Johnson. I would have voted for Ron Pa ul.

Quick question.....has anybody else noticed that when hitting the space bar the cursor sometimes jumps to a different part of the screen causing you to scream god damn it?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

What a joke

Wasn't speaking for Kaploink, I was speaking for myself and as far as I know, there are no rules here on ATS limiting one's post to responses directed specifically at themselves. In other words, I don't need to ask permission.

Personally, I never once accused Bush of being a Nazi. However, I will contend to my dying breath that he is indeed a war criminal of the highest order for taking this nation to war based on fabricated lies, killing tens of thousands in the process.

Furthermore, while I'll agree that President Obama has continued "some" of the rotten Bush policies, for reasons unbeknownst to me, it's a far stretch of the truth for you to state that he has continued "every rotten policy pinned to Bush's forehead." While I would very much like to see the Patriot Act repealed, Gitmo closed and a thorough investigation and prosecution of those responsible for taking us to war with Iraq, to say that Obama is the same as Bush is just flat out false.

President Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Act of 2009, eliminated "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, removed the vast majority of our troops from Iraq, enacted the Affordable Care Act which will expand access to medical care and provide subsidies for people who can't afford it and fix the "pre-existing condition" travesty within the health insurance industry. He created "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau," appointed two pro-choice women to the Supreme Court and has attempted to re-regulate the financial sector with the creation of the Dodd-Frank bill, which I admit is too weak but that's because of republican obstructionism during the process. He got help for people who's health was injured during the clean-up after the 9-11 attacks, invested in clean energy and quit defending DOMA in the courts. I could go on, but I won't. Now, how many of these accomplishments qualify as "rotten policies" pinned to Bush's forehead?

Alright, before I read more, I'm assuming you want bush and all the dems who voted in favor of the bombing of iraq?
I have been around the block and I know you're lying.
Mccain and Palin was a ticket put together by a political party that wanted to lose.
All it took was obama whispering sweet nothings in your ear. Lol so pathetic

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Alright, before I read more, I'm assuming you want bush and all the dems who voted in favor of the bombing of iraq?
Mccain and Palin was a ticket put together by a political party that wanted to lose.

The Dems who voted to authorize Bush to use the threat of force did so after being fed a bunch of manufactured lies about Iraq's involvement in the 9-11 attacks and possession of weapons of mass destruction. So, no I wouldn't be in favor of prosecuting them, only those responsible for creating the lies.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Are you serious? We have that system you speak of now...its called the ellectorate vote...and no your individual vote doesn't matter. Im in Alaska, by the time I got done voting they were announcing the new presidental winner.....so I don't vote......its a rigged game....only stupid people think voting in a national election matters.

Its all the same party..or haven't you figured that out yet?

Bought and paid for from the highest bidder.....and some wonder why change never happened....because they don't want it to.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The Dems who voted to authorize Bush to use the threat of force did so after being fed a bunch of manufactured lies about Iraq's involvement in the 9-11 attacks and possession of weapons of mass destruction. So, no I wouldn't be in favor of prosecuting them, only those responsible for creating the lies.

Well atleast you're consistent. During the end of the 2nd great one, you guys gladly took in war criminals for their info.,
I find it amusing that you belive kerry wouldn't have bombed iraq.. The facade is over. The veil is lifted.
Bush actually has done more for africa than obama has. So much for the truth eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join