It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when the heck is this collapse supposed to happen already?????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
We certainly do live in a time when Perception has become Reality & Reality has become Perception.

I've long thought that modern western societies are built like a House of Cards, any number of things could create a situation where the "have not's" take to the streets with big sticks looking for food.

In 2008 the ATM's nearly got switched off & bank doors locked, no plastic money means no petrol, means why go to work, even if you could. Certainly many on here would have enough food stashed to last a couple of months but they will be living in City's amongst parents with families that would run out of food in a week. Shortly after the food shops have been looted life would become very cheap.

And nothings been fixed yet, only delayed. So....... within the next 6 months is my guess

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
What exactly do we need for survival? In means of weapons,I can't get my hands on a gun because I live in Greece.But what should I stock up?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iron7
Can't be bothered to search them up, but basically in 1913 when the Federal Reserve was established, it was only established for a 100 year charter.

Time is almost up.

I've researched this before, the 100y charter is a hoax.

The economy didn't collapsed already because the government lends money to itself. Before the election nothing is going to collapse. After, there is the 700 trillion in derivatives that can't stand forever, it's a bubble about to burst.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Collapses of civilizations don't happen overnight. We've been in a state of decline for over 40 years, a state of collapse for about 10. The fiscal cliff issue combined with the depressed economy does not bode well for the next year. Combine that with potential foreign crises (Iran/Syria-Russia/China), and things could "pop" indeed. You can't raise taxes or cut government spending without further harming the economy while at the same time those would be necessary to control the nasty debt levels, which threaten to destroy the nation longterm.
The answer to your question is that just because you don't see bread lines, riots, and martial law, it doesn't mean we aren't in a state of collapse.
The symptoms are everywhere really. Tea Party/Occupy are symptomatic. The current divided state of politics is symptomatic. The corruption in politics and the private sector (corporatism) is also a symptom. As is the total betrayal of both US Constitutional principles and basic Western values. It may be too late to stop, but there may be ways to at least mitigate and cushion the fall. Unfortunately, I don't see the leadership emerging to do so. Hopefully it won't be violent.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The spontaneous organization of people at the ground level to look not to government but to look to their neighbors, their church, their temple, secure their family and then see who needs help.

Once stability is restored the economy will start again but
not with imports from foreign lands because their collapse will be far greater, far more violent, far more starvation as they are ripped from the American tit of consumption.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patifier

Originally posted by Iron7
Can't be bothered to search them up, but basically in 1913 when the Federal Reserve was established, it was only established for a 100 year charter.

Time is almost up.

I've researched this before, the 100y charter is a hoax.

The economy didn't collapsed already because the government lends money to itself. Before the election nothing is going to collapse. After, there is the 700 trillion in derivatives that can't stand forever, it's a bubble about to burst.

i thought it was 1.5 quadrillion dollars in the derivatives bubble?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We can only hope for a 1930's style depression. But it will be worse. Back then the US was far more agrarian. Growing your own food (plant and animal) and canning were normal everyday activities. Now they're not.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hypothetically, just a question, what would you do if you live in an apartment and don't own available acreage to harbor seeds and plant your own crops in a food shortage scenario? What would your next available options be as an immediate response? Should you just randomly pick a house out in the country and hope for the best?

edit on 4-9-2012 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The collapse is a slow and painful process, and the wheels have been set in motion for many years. We won't see it full-on on the surface of our society until every corner of the economy has taken a fatal blow... and sadly, we're more than halfway there, at least.

All it's going to take is a few more ridiculous bail-outs, a natural disaster or two, or a pre-planned pandemic.

There are a few states where a police state is already reality, like in certain parts of California.

Give it a bit more time, let one or two more bad things happen to the economy, and then look out the window.

It's on the way.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Been collapsed since 2008,

This was a great article, in my opinion.

occupycorporatism.com...

I hope it stays propped up a little longer, I'm still preparing one of my vehicles as a suitable all-terrain trail driver with extra fuel and provisions, to clear the desert.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

THERE IS NO COLLAPSE COMING! Ill tell u what would be a real earth shattering event: If one single solitary conspiracy or prediction around here ever panned out! Nibiru, Elenin, radiation belt, Rothschilds, Bildebergers, Tri-lateral, Ebola Helicopters, Dollar collapse, California dissapearing, nuclear sinkholes, Nostradamus, Atlantis, ancient computers, underwater UFO wreckage, Bigfoot, Loch Ness, double suns, antarctic planet videos, giants, dwarves, elves, fairies, aliens interviewed and dissected, birds dying, fish floating, Monsanto Evil Cabal, lead helmets, ice ages, Secret messages in Denver, underground cities to house millions of elite, mass killings planned by the Post Office and the weather channel, .....................................shape shifting presidents, Truman hanging out with ET, Gun toting Secret Service shooting Kennedy, Haarp, faces in clouds, THE BIG ONE!, the little one, DHS secret informant who happens to be my uncle Elmer, ........

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The collapse hasn't happened yet. I still have my boring job, go to work every day and everything is exactly the same.

THERE HAS BEEN NO COLLAPSE. Only signs of collapse have been manifested.

Do I believe a worldwide collapse is coming? Of course.

But it hasn't happened yet... once there is no more internet access(i.e. ATS
), S has truly hit the F.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The collapse is occuring, its the implosion of the entire system, Im still awaiting, and its coming also. Nothing is going to fix this ,until we fix ourselves and the way we live. I think everything is going to go back to the INDIVDUAL. The indivdual has to grow there own food, create there own transportion etc..... we have become to dependent on others and Big Government.
edit on 4-9-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Damn it !
I hate it when the world collapses and
I don't notice it.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Booda2012

I believe in the law of probability. That being said, eventually, some event (earth shattering or not) is bound to happen in my current location that will greatly affect me along with my community. I'd rather be prepared for most scenarios to the best of my ability than to be left with nothing more than last minute provisions that are left-over from my last grocery shop.

There are definite signs of a pending collapse, be it months or ten years from now. Yes, there have been many predictions in the past regarding catastrophic events in which most do not manifest. However, our dollar has been deteriorating for decades and never has my government (U.S.A.) been in TRILLIONS of dollars of debt. Like others have been saying on ATS, these bailouts the U.S. government keeps issuing to failing corporations will do nothing except delay the coming collapse of the economy and/or make the collapse hit the country exponentially harder during some other President's term later on down the line.

Now, apply the same logic as the above paragraph and put it into terms regarding Greece and Spain and the exponential effect it will have on the Euro, the European Union, and its population.

As for now, I'm just gonna grab a beer, watch t.v., and possibly pull out some old playboys from back in the day.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by allenidaho

I would go so far as to wager that a social or economic collapse in the United States won't happen. Not in my lifetime at least. This nation has gone through economic depressions before. It isn't the end of the world.

Not the end of the world.

Just the end of the world as you know it.

edit on 4-9-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
i just seen on TV where no one likes ether one of the partys they said we just have to vote for one, thats just not right.& we bailed out another country while our Vets across town stand in a food line..

So when the heck is this collapse supposed to happen already?????

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Does it really matter? Either value is death sentence.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by unb3k44n7

I would like an answer to this as well, as I'm in a similar situation. So far my only plan is to meet up with a friend that has some land and hope that pans out with the survival gear I have.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Anyone who expects a "mad max" scenario to develop overnight has zero common sense (unless there's an emp attack, solar flare, etc that shuts down everything everywhere).
So long as the government is still "somewhat" solvent, the 1920's soup lines will never exist simply because in the 20s there were no food stamps from the government. In the modern era, the grocery store is the soup line - with the people using government food stamps/debit cards.
As others have posted, the collapse has started. Really, it started in 1913 when the Fed got it's charter. Our dollar is worth less than 3% of its original value, and QE3 etc. will just continue to water down the value.
One of the reasons that the first 2 rounds of quantitative easing haven't gone nuclear is that the Fed is still paying banks to not loan out the dollars that they were given. The money is still "in the vault" so to speak, and so the market can pretend it doesn't exist - but some day the dollars will start pouring "into the wild" and that's when we will see a serious devaluation of the dollar in a way that will effect our grocery bill in a big big way.

So long story short, there is no exact timeline - just signs to watch out for, and an opportunity to prepare yourself in the meantime.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join