It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when the heck is this collapse supposed to happen already?????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
When we see gold rise above $2000 per oz
That's when I would start to realize something isn't right
Of course by then most of the other commodities shoot up as well

When UNCLE SAM and the FED issue quantitative easing
Anything is possible; remember board games with cash
The banker always has the advantage in the game MONOPOLY

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There will not be an announcement on the news that TSHHTF.

Most likely it will be a gradual process until it hits a cliff and then there will be a sudden change. By sudden, I mean it could get really bad in the course of a year.
Right now, to me, this is the lull before the storm. You can still go to stores ed get anything that you can afford to buy. So, within reason, stock up. When you need soup, but a case or five, preferably on sale. Do the same for all canned goods you use. Date them and put them in your food rotation using the oldest first. Do the same thing with other products that you use.

I think that the first signs of a collapse will be sudden increases in price of goods.The government, with its latest bailout, is trying to prevent a collapse. But, the government is 17 trillion dollars in debt. There are no signs that government spending will decrease regardless of who is elected President.

What will happen when China will no longer take our dollars? We will have to offer them a better deal. All of a sudden the things that we import will cost more. Interest rates may start to go up suddenly. People won't be able to buy houses or other large ticket items. The economy could once again grind to a halt.

That's when you'll have the big depression, that could last a decade. If that happens, it will suck.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join