It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So when the heck is this collapse supposed to happen already?????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I've been hearing the fear mongering and talk about collapse from the mid 90's, all the way through 9/11, up through the housing bubble, and even these days many experts are speaking about it. George Soros selling all his stock, bankers buyin up supposed country side acreage/housing, and all these economist professors talking about.

What is your guy's take on when were gonna see THE COLLAPSE? I'm not talking about a education system bubble pop, or another housing market pop. Im talking about GREAT DEPRESSION Roaring 20's style soup lines, killings over gas and grocery stores, and all out pure chaos everyman for themselves, worldwide Equalizer that basically resets everything to scratch.

I'm seeing these headlines about DHS buying up a billion rounds of ammo, TSA buyin up amo and c4, and all these other agencies stockin up as if were get close.

What d you guys seriously think the deadline is. Just wondering from a perspective of some more well informed folks, cause I definitely feel i this time around, but dont know when.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The collapse has already happened, just look at the massive bailouts provided in the TARP fund along with the recent economic havoc in Greece as well as the current situation in the Eurozone. We just haven't felt the full brunt and effects of the economic collapse because the bailouts have slowed the trickle down effect.

It is coming thoughand frankly I believe its within the next 6-8 months that we will see all hell break loose. The signs are all around us so plain to see that Ray Charles could see them. The economics of what has happened in the last 3 years with the bailouts will catch up with us soon in the form of either massive hyperinflation or default and solvency. Combine this with the interruption of services and food supplies as well as the growing social/civil unrest and you have all the dominoes in place for everything to fail.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Who cares?
If it happens tomorrow, all mortgages will be payable with the new form of toilet paper.
If it never happens, just as well.
I have land, seed, and other things.
All is well!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

It is coming thoughand frankly I believe its within the next 6-8 months that we will see all hell break loose.

This is what I wanted to see..... a time line.

I'm talking about seeing something worst than whats going in Greece. Even in Greece its parts and sections that are mad and acting out wildly, but I have yet to see the whole country up in arms.

Im wondering when is Greece style coming to the States?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I really don't see a "Greek" style revolt, we here in the US have more than bricks and molotavs, it will be ugly.
I also believe mobs will hunt the troublemakers.
Gonna be alot of folks migrating out of the country permanently I think.
I think it will be alot like the french revolution.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I wish I could say it isn't coming. But I agree with Nuke Diver... Its only around the corner at this point (6-8 months). Violent crimes are rising. Urban areas in the states are already looking like combat zones. Unless some kind of miracle happens the destabilization will continue until almost all is lost. A natural disaster or nationwide crisis could tip us either way. It could push us over the edge or push us back from the edge. It just depends upon what it is and if it does happen. All we can do at this point is be prepared.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
A banker told me Feb. 2013. I guess we will see if that happens. I sell real estate and deal with bankers often, but I definately take it with a grain of salt. This banker also said it depends on who gets elected and if a new president is elected that they may give them some time to see if they can turn the situation around. But, this adding to the debt and spending big has got to end or they will end it for us.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
That's the thing about fear mongering. If you listen to those talking heads out there, something will always be looming on the horizon. If not a collapse, then a solar flare. Or a terrorist threat. Or the threat of a nuclear attack. Or whatever else. And people always feel it will happen "soon".

Look back at the cold war. The public at large were lead to believe two things. That communists were trying to take over and that nuclear annihilation was imminent. So pledge your allegiance to that flag and hide under your desk when you hear the air raid siren, kids.

I would go so far as to wager that a social or economic collapse in the United States won't happen. Not in my lifetime at least. This nation has gone through economic depressions before. It isn't the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

We're in it! We already had one banking collapse. The conspiracy people aren't waiting for THE collapse. They're worried about ANOTHER collapse. I don't think you can call us crazy when we've already had one? I think it's okay to be worried about another one?

If you did unemployment numbers like they used to, we would see we're most likely in a depression right now!

Sorry you don't see all the people lining up at the soup lines but we have unemployment and welfare now. We didn't have those in the Great Depression. Those things started BECAUSE of the Great Depression so that if we had another one it wouldn't be so bad.

We just have digital soup lines now! Seriously, come over to my house. I'll take you down to the grocery store where virtually EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN LINE is using a food stamp card. I've been keeping track. It's been 13 months since I've seen the person either in front of me, or behind me in line, buy groceries with cash! It's always the blue food stamp card EVERY TIME. For 13 MONTHS!

Now true, I live in a poorer neighborhood just because I never moved out. We didn't want to buy a house at the height of the market. But trust me, it's bad here and in a lot of other places too. You just don't see it as much because of our fancy digital soup lines.

But my church helps at a food kitchen too. It's NOT EMPTY! Come on down! See the people!

The problem is unemployment is running out and all those food stamp cards and welfare is being paid for with government debt! Remember that whole thing about the gov's credit rating being DOWNGRADED! What if, just what if, one day, they can't borrow anymore?

What kinda riots are we gonna see if there's massive inflation and those food stamp cards don't buy anything anymore? What if one day they slide those cards and they just don't work anymore? And you're the only guy in line with cash?

Hope DHS has enough ammo to stop the riots. Are you sure they bought enough?

edit on 3-9-2012 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is actually one of the things that i think i disagree with a lot of people on this board about. I believe an economic collapse similar to the great depression is a lot more likely than a "people killing each other for food" type of collapse.

Of course either one could happen and it could even be different in different cities. ( I assume most people are talking about America. )

So to answer your question, we are quickly descending into an economic crash of great depression levels that will fully materialize when the world realizes our how worthless our fake money is.

The best prep is to have a solid food production system going for either situation!!

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
One of my former brothers in law started preparing for a coming collapse in the 1980s... Recently he relocated to a well stocked and armed ranch in Montana... He is a retired president of a company owned by a well known corporation and well informed about what is going on.... People that contribute huge amounts of money to political candidates receive information about which companies and commodities to invest in, when things are going to happen and where the best places to be at critical times... He is one of those people.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

It is coming thoughand frankly I believe its within the next 6-8 months that we will see all hell break loose.

This is what I wanted to see..... a time line.

I'm talking about seeing something worst than whats going in Greece. Even in Greece its parts and sections that are mad and acting out wildly, but I have yet to see the whole country up in arms.

Im wondering when is Greece style coming to the States?

if anything from what i've been hearing it's gonna be a total bloodbath down in the states especially with DHS buying 1.4 billion rounds of hollow point ammo in the past year.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
knew a few people who were preparing for it back in the early 70's .... gave them some tips on perimeter security that picked up in vietnam ..

seems over the years people been planning for a collapse of some sort ... would say its in full swing now ... not my concern left the cesspool of western civilisation back in 80 ... let it collapse have everything I need out here and
life will go on as it always has ....
edit on 3/9/12 by Expat888 because: drunken tengu causing havoc...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Something about the ammo doesn't make sense. Being sarcastic is one thing, but being real for a second.

Even in a collapse I don't think there's anyway they could really use all that ammo on the American people.

They've bought enough for every man, women, and child. Doesn't make sense. Even if they wanted to kill us all, they wouldn't shoot us individually by hand. They could just nuke us and wait for the rest to starve.

Some alternative possible explanations.

1. It's meant for someone else, like the Chinese army. In a total collapse will other countries think we're weak and try to invade us?

2. It's for storage. Maybe they're gonna nuke us and hide in underground caverns? Perhaps they're just prepping themselves.

3. It's to buy up the supply and drive up prices so that when the riots start, we can't get our hands on any to use against the foreign troops they call in?

I think that's all I got right now.

EDIT: Wait, one more.
4. The ammo isn't for anything. It's just a PSYOP to keep us scared of our gov.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

It's hard to say because each time it should have happened politicians have changed the rules, bailed out another country, manipulated the markets...

I would suggest it'll be after November, and probably when Greece and Spain have to default. We all know that the € is dead, it's only a matter of time. But to be honest, the PTB have come up with so many delaying tactics already, controlling the collapse and making it a steady decline, that anything is possible.

Basically, I think there is going to be a shock to the system, something the PTB didn't see coming, or didn't see the consequences of. For instance, when Greece defaults, a sudden shock is possible. But if they go into discussions about it, the PTB can think up ways to delay the inevitable.

The same with Spain. Many believe that if Greece defaults then Spain will announce a departure from the € immediately after, then France... The global markets could collapse on the news of Greece defaulting alone, but how much control does the Federal government and the UK have over the manipulation of the markets, and the media reporting on it?

I don't think this is only about economic situation any more either.

We know that after November Obama (or whoever else is POTUS) will have to start the ball rolling on the cuts and austerity. That's something that the US has seemingly not really been talking about. All these nations around the world are having to do it, but the US is in a far worse financial position than any of us.

The US faces a real risk, because at the same time the € is failing, you have political turmoil too. You have the Republican party becoming more and more dictatorial every day, massive political disillusionment, rising poverty, rising homelessness, rising unemployment... these all make for increased social instability.

Before the RNC I would have said that the economic situation in Europe would be the biggest risk to the stability of the US. But after seeing their behavior, hearing the rhetoric and witnessing the emotive BS a lot of their speakers were preaching, I honestly think that you now have a political party on the verge of becoming something far more dangerous.

And before I get whined at by Republicans here and called a "typical commie leftie", I dislike Obama just as much for his failings, and I believe both parties are the same behind the scenes. But, you now have a right-wing party that is seemingly on the verge of fanaticism, with right-wingers openly suggesting a revolution if Obama gets another term. As far as I'm aware, that's pretty unprecedented, and it should be taken for the warning it is.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthofnitrous
if anything from what i've been hearing it's gonna be a total bloodbath down in the states especially with DHS buying 1.4 billion rounds of hollow point ammo in the past year.

I think it has been widely shown that this was the contract for supply, not an order. In other words, it's the maximum the contract requires the supplier to deliver, not the actual number the DHS has ordered.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It will happen when a critical point has been met where there are more people being a burden than government will support. Also factored in is when the middle class is gone and all Dot.Com money has been sucked up.

at this point they will load gas into the cargo jets and enact Operation: Sand Man.

Then the Chinese will come over and collect up the dead and start massive food growing because this will be the next GOLD. Due to the lack of Americans consuming the developing world will get rich and the cycle of the money vacuums of the Zionist will suck all the riches of the world......

This will all take place before 12/21 of course...........just had to say that

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Obama steered the ship clear of the Iceberg.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think the collapse is very close. The drought effects have not been felt yet, but will be very soon. Have you seen the price increases in the grocery store in the last month? Cans of soup 20-30 cent increase per can. Bread has gone up 15 cents per loaf. And the increase has only begun.

Soybeans are used not only as food, but in building materials, soap, diesel feul, and so on and so on
List of Soybean based Foods and Products

Corn is not only food, but is in plastics and paper products, tires, fabrics, cleaning supplies, and so on and so on. It is in 70% of the products we use on a daily basis!
List of Corn based Products

Beef prices are rumored to be at an all-time high by January. Because of the drought, hay is short in supply, there will be a shortage on corn (which has been at an all-time high in price), not much pasturland to graze because without rain the grass is dead, and distillers grain is outrageous because of the corn price.

Corn is also fed to chicken and pigs, so I'm sure that will be outrageous in price too.

The average family is already on the brink of disaster, economically. I think it's very possible that families will not be able to buy enough to sustain themselves.

The drought will effect everyone, not just the farmers.
edit on 3-9-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

The collapse has already happened, just look at the massive bailouts provided in the TARP fund along with the recent economic havoc in Greece as well as the current situation in the Eurozone. We just haven't felt the full brunt and effects of the economic collapse because the bailouts have slowed the trickle down effect

I also believe the "collapse/depression has occured. It could be the "New Millenium" version of a great depression. I do not believe it will get any worse. What I do believe, is there are major distractions such as this, everywhere we turn...although I hesitate to identify exactly who, what, when, where or why we are being distracted! There is SO much disinfo...that I haven't a clue!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join